Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Coach Travis »

[bVote:jasonT1981[/b], You can't blame the coach if his team doesn't perform, it's not like he's on the field.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Myself wrote:
Vote:jasonT1981,
You can't blame the coach if his team doesn't perform, it's not like he's on the field.
Fixed.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

horrordude0215 wrote:Kdub doesn't like the raiders? lynch the scum!
As a fellow Raiders fan, I agree.
unvote
Vote:Kdub
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:59 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I personally hate policy lynches, mostly because I feel you should vote on who you actually find scummy, not on who you want out because they can't help. Yes, anti-town players are a problem, but wasting a lynch on someone you think could be town, is not a good idea, because if you keep doing that, the scum can just hide in the shadows and win the game easily. So just for suggesting such a thing, I'm not liking rajrhcpfreak, though I'm not sure if he's scummy or it's just a difference in playstyle. No read on Razgriz yet, because what he did is totally null. Antihero looks town to me so far, since he was the one to point out mongoose, and the rest of his post was also pretty good.

And yeah, that one post from mongoose was bad and probably the only really suspicious thing so far,
Vote:mongoose
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Antihero wrote: 1) shotty is actually trying to post content and back up his votes and suspicions with reasons. Something's up. (This point isn't totally serious, but this post
is
drastically different from my meta of town-shotty; something to keep in mind)
To be fair, it's pretty much different for him in general:I played with him as my scum buddy once, and he was terrible that game as well, so maybe he's just finally decided to take the game more seriously. Basically, I wouldn't look further into it than that, it's probably a null thing. It is good to see though. I do agree with you that his vote is weak, and Raj is a player I have no problems with so far, I think he's been decent.

I also like GW so far, his posts against Mongoose were much better done than mine, he gave way better reasoning for it, and actually exposed his flaws. That seems like scumhunting to me, so he's looking like town right now.

I still don't even get why Raz is considered suspicious in the first place, right now the only concern is the lack of content, which is the case for a few of us. For now it's probably best to give him some time to make a good post, and see if he delivers. If not, then maybe I'll find him suspicious. Right now he's really done nothing that would help determine his role, so he's completely null.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I really haven't been into this game so far, but ignoring posts directed at me is something I rarely do, so I'll fix that here.
mongoose wrote:
unvote, vote coach travis

All right, I don't post too much and that post was a bit short and didn't contribute much. The point of the post was to try and figure out what the point of the whole policy lynch thing was. At that point I really didn't have a point to make about anything else, since I wasn't getting any reads.

Coach travis says my post was bad and suspicious, but doesnt really explain, right after he agrees with my post. He also says anti hero is town because his post was good. Again, no explanation. He also hasn't made any serious posts outside of this one.
And hes a Raiders fan.
Yeah, I'll admit my vote was lazy, I'll do that sometimes where I have a serious reason for voting, but just don't actually give it. Definitely something I need to work on. Anyway, it was mostly that your post just felt like a way to avoid being seen as lurker without actually giving any real content. So, basically, it seemed like active lurking, because you really added nothing to the discussion. In fact, it was so vague I didn't even know what you were trying to say, so that makes it seem even more like active lurking, which is scummy.

The main thing about that Anti Hero post was how he pointed out your suspicious activity, so that showed he was scum hunting. I also liked his response about not discussing discussion, and instead actually giving content. Seemed like he wanted to get the game going, which is more beneficial to town than to scum.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Locke Lamora wrote:I'll start with a:

Vote: Coach Travis

I find that he's spent the majority of his time talking about who he thinks looks town and very little time looking for scum. His minor attacks on Mongoose are about the only attempts towards scumhunting I can see. Suggests that he's thinking more about looking town rather than finding scum.
That actually isn't unusual for me. See, I feel if I can find players I believe to be town, that will help narrow down the list of potential scum players, so I still think it's beneficial to the town. Obviously scum don't need to do such a thing, because they know who's scum and who's town, so they wouldn't need to worry about figuring out any alignment at all, where I like to figure out the alignment of everyone and point out whenever I have any type of read whatsoever. This has just been a game where so far I haven't seen a lot of things I'd call scummy.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #8) » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Alright, I was asked to give my thoughts on mongoose and jimfinn, so here they are:I'm still not liking mongoose, I realize my initial vote was weak as I didn't give reasoning(which if I were to have would have been to say his post was a)confusing to read(I had no clue what he was trying to say) and b)didn't contribute much of anything), but since then my read has strengthened due to his outright lying of saying I agreed with him on something when clearly looking at the two posts, they say different things, so that doesn't look good on him. He still hasn't contributed much aside from voting me. he hasn't really given his thoughts on other players all that much.

As for jimfinn:
jimfinn wrote:To those who have not played with me before: I don't post all that much in the early stages of games in general, unless I see something that gives me a strong read. I tend to wait until my reads are stronger, so that I don't backtrack or lead others the wrong direction. Especially when I have a PR with some form of investigation, I am relatively inactive on D1 in order to allow my power to help me develop at least one of my reads.
With a post like that, I think anyone suspicious of my consistently giving town reads should be more concerned with something like this, where he's not even trying to contribute anything, or give any reads. I'm not sure if he's scummy, because that type of play is hard to read, which is why I won't vote him now(I vote for people I find scummy, not people I find useless), but he's definitely someone to look out for.
Locke Lamora wrote: Coach Travis: just because scum don't need to figure out alignments doesn't mean they don't post their reads. Posting townreads is much safer than posting scumreads because you're not putting pressure on anyone, you're not likely to attract too much attention and you're not leaving a trail of votes or suspicions. Seen anything you find scummy since your last post?
The thing is, I have posted one scum read, so you can't say I've made zero effort in catching scum, or putting pressure on anyone. So far I just haven't noticed that much suspicious behavior, as a lot of the activity so far has been around null things or jokes, so it's been easier to spot the players trying to help contribute content than those doing anything particularly scummy. And I post reads whenever I get them, so in a game like this, it's obvious I'll be posting more town reads because I'm having a hard time finding scum.

And no, I read through everything since my last post, and again, a lot of it was on null stuff(buddying, replacing out, jimfinn, etc.) so I couldn't find anything really interesting or scummy going on.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I really don't get the case on Kdub at all. In fact, I don't see anything wrong from either side of that situation, as GW has given me a town vibe from the start of the game, and still is seeming town, and while I'm not quite as convinced about mari he doesn't seem as scummy as some players, and right now I think he's town. But what Kdub said was also fine, as he was just pointing something out, and to me the whole thing seemed like a misunderstanding, so I don't get the two votes on him. I'm completely convinced he's innocent, but he isn't seeming overly scummy right now, he's made some good posts.

I do agree about horrordude looking scummy, his vote on GW definitely needs to be further explained, because right now I don't get it at all, and he really hasn't done anything major aside from that. Also don't like how Shotty made one decent post, and then a whole bunch of joke posts, before completely disappearing. So right now those two and mongoose look the scummiest, IMO.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, I don't blame you for keeping your vote on Shotty, he's gone back to his old ways after starting off with an uncharacteristically decent post. The thing is, while he's certainly acting anti-town at this point which is not a good thing, it's really hard to determine if he's scummy or not, because he plays like this all the time. So lynching him would almost be a policy lynch, which is the only reason I'm happy to keep my vote on mongoose, see what he turns up as and then go from there, because with him I am getting a scum read, where with Shotty it's more "WTF Shotty' than anything else.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #11) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:20 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

How did you come to that conclusion? You can't say I'm distancing because I haven't gone after him more than anyone else who isn't liking him, and my last wasn't exactly defending him, I admitted he's been awful and his playstyle has been anti-town. I just don't think his behavior automatically makes him scummy, because he pulls this same crap in every game he's in, regardless of his role. so it's really hard to get a clear read on him He's still one of my three suspects, so nothing's changed there, I just think right now that out of the three he's the one I'm less sure of. So I don't see how you could think we're partners.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I believe Shotty's at L-1 now. I'm willing to hammer, since he is on my list of suspects, but I'll at least him give a chance to make one more post first, if only to see how hilarious it will be.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I know this looks bad for me, but the thing is, I remained rather consistent about Shotty the whole time, there was never this switch Antihero mentioned. My only bad post about was the one where I sorta defended him, but even there I admitted I didn't like him, and he was always one of my suspects. The post afterward wasn't the switch Antihero makes it out to be, because if you look through my posts you'll see the first time I mentioned Shotty he was my third suspect, so I always had a bad vibe from him, I just couldn't tell if he was scummy or just playing awful like usual. So basically, there never was this weird switch, I simply made a mistake because I hate policy lynches(which I felt Shotty was because I didn't nothing anything particularly scummy, and was more annoyed with his playstyle), which also stays true to something I said before the whole Shotty thing even started. I admit I was wrong about him, but I'm not his scum partner.

I still don't like Mongoose, for reasons I mentioned day one, and he probably was just sacrificing his partner once he knew it was unavoidable.
Vote:mongoose

I'm a TE, so for now I'd rather us lynch mongoose, figure out his role, and then let me investigate someone, since we have enough points now.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Actually, forget that last part:If there's another TE, do not give yourself away, but I will hold off of my powers one more night, so I could be investigated, just to clear this mess up.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I know some people won't believe it, which is why I suggested the second option of lynching someone else today, and hoping there's someone else who can investigate me. I don't want to be lynched over misinterpreted posts, that happens to me so often, it just pisses me off.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:49 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I only did that because I feared a bandwagon on me was quickly gaining momentum. And besides, with the possible roles made available to us before the game, roleclaiming isn't that bad an idea if you're potentially in danger, and it's not even guaranteed enough people will believe it anyway, so even if I survive I may not be NK'd.

And don't call me a moron, I have low self esteem and getting insulted online is not good for me at all, not when I'm already considering giving up mafia entirely because my first few games went so poorly.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, I'll definitely use one of my actions tonight. I've actually decided which one, but I'll keep it a secret for now. I usually prefer not to claim until L-1, but I don't know, I guess I've just become really panicky over time. I've lost early so often now, and in games where my team has gone on to lose, that I guess being under any pressure at all made me uneasy. Really sorry if it messes us up, but it can't be undone.

Anyway, I agree that mongoose is the right lynch today, Shotty being so eager to hammer him is indeed a possible tell, plus I just haven't liked him all game. Not sure who I'd guess as the third scum, but right now I'd guess horrordude or kdub. Haven't really liked horrordude all game, and he's disappeared for a while, and while I didn't kdub scummy for the same reason others did previously, there is something a bit off about him.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, mongoose's case on Kdub is very weak and seems forced. Either he's scum or very bad townie, I still think the first possibility is more likely.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

Yeah, horrordude is definitely someone I find scummy, but now that he's totally disappeared, I don't see him getting lynched today. mongoose is simply the obvious lynch candidate at this point. Regardless of what happens in terms of cardflips though, he and kdub are two people I think should really be looked into on day 3.
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I agree, Don't like that claim, so since it seems obvious he's getting lynched, it's about time someone hammers him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”