SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:21 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not dropping it because its garbage.

That post is about as fake as fake can get. Seriously now.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Zhero »

Oh god, seriously?

Confirm Vote: Calcifer so hard

Posts #370 and #374 are practically a confession. My only reservation is that someone's trying to get me to dig into VV, knowing he'd jump on this.
Calcifer wrote:1) Zhero is scum.
Seriously, man?
Calcifer wrote:2) CAPS LOCK PLAYER is scum. Either SpyreX or Sociopath, probably.
Neither SpyreX nor Sociopath are anywhere near dumb enough to compose that message. There's a 10% chance for every post to be made public and
you think they would use my name
?? Getting around using names is like Encryption 101, nobody should be dumb enough to not be able to figure that one out and still be coherent enough to play Mafia to begin with.
Calcifer wrote:3) WIFOM?
What do you even mean here?

I'm legitimately irritated that scum is being this... inelegant in trying to frame me. It speaks of a mentality of someone seriously underestimating their opponents, which, incidentally, is another reason I'd suspect VVcifer.
RedCoyote wrote:Doombunny is probably right, but I still want to hear what Zhero has to say about this.
We aren't in a game with enough people dumb enough to form an entire scumteam incapable of encoding their own names. I know I haven't been playing the best of games here, but I'm also not a bad enough player to "take two weeks to figure out how to tell my scumteam my power".

Also! Logical inconsistency:

If I'm reading it right, there's supposed to be at least 18 posts of pre-DEFCON 3 discussion (since "I'm" supposed to use the 18th)
The fakepost also seems to insinuate that there's a method in place for scum to tell each other their roles.
But they didn't come up with a code for their names? Really?

Please don't buy this crap :(
-Zhero
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Faraday »

This whole thing is stupid and should probably be ignored. It doesn't make Zhero and more or less scummy, really. It looks like a fake attempt to frame, rather than a framing attempt imo but really it's choc full of WIFOM, and of the useless variety this time.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:45 am

Post by Calcifer »

Faraday wrote:This whole thing is stupid and should probably be ignored. It doesn't make Zhero and more or less scummy, really. It looks like a fake attempt to frame, rather than a framing attempt imo but really it's choc full of WIFOM, and of the useless variety this time.
I was reaction-fishing. I like how you instantly assume it was us too. :roll:

1) The speaker cannot be Socio, as Socio refers to Zhero as Zero, sans the 'h'. :P
2) And yes, I did ISO you and there is no post #18, as of the time that was written.
3) Also, Sociopath uses commas when he CAPS LOCKS. The writer of that statement did not. :P

So, reversely, perhaps we're able to confirm someone as town from this? But then again, it could be WIFOM x2... /WIFOM
Zhero wrote: What do you even mean here?
It was faked. D'oh. Its WIFOM because its coming from someone else other than you guys, unless it actually is you guys being clever. Which is WIFOM.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:47 am

Post by Faraday »

No, it's WIFOM. I didn't assume it was you at all....? So okay.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:49 am

Post by Calcifer »

Sorry Faraday, that line was meant for Zhero. XD
ITT Andy fails at multi-tasking.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

For whatever reason my mouse won't let me copy/paste so I can't use quote tags for the time being -_- Just going to list the post# instead.

374- Erm what? You're actually buying that crap?
379- We can't confirm anyone. There are 3 scum so knowing who didn't make that post doesn't tell us anything. Also, even though it looks like something in Spyre's form of writing it could EASILY have been purposefully written like that to try and frame two people. I also think the post 18 was supposed to refer to scum QT, not zheros posts but w/e. Let's just drop trying to get anything out of this, its just one big red herring. Also, the reaction-fishing excuse made me lol.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by Calcifer »

There is nothing inherently wrong with reaction fishing, as it's a form of scumhunting. CalcAndy's #379 post clearly explained why he didn't really believe his #374 and really just used #374 to reaction fish.

The Vas head of the hydra also thinks the message is fake. I don't know what I think of Zhero's reaction though. :|. It seems like he got a little overzealous. Hey, Zhero are you the SK? Y/N?
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:31 pm

Post by Enigma »

Hehhh

The problem here is WIFOM.
Now I believe that scum would be lest inclined to try and send fake messages after my warning and discussion over the matter. However doesn't mean that it won't happen.

The part about if this post is dropped makes it seem even less legit.

However it refers to a method as to how to communicate roles. I think I would be a reasonable task to go back through the thread to see if people have made fluff statements in a way to try identify what they are talking about.

I think a few things would be beneficial right now.
1. If anyone was stupid enough to get eavesdrop and you feel it's necessary to claim because you don't feel this message has been doctored by being sent multiple times then claim.

Also it's midterm break here so I'm going to be spending alot of my time having alcohol induced fun.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:33 pm

Post by SpyreX »

If that message is 100% legit I probably would quit mafia forever just saying.

Doubly true considering how often scum actively yell at each other AND reference each other by name in a game with eavesdropping known to be in play.

Although I'm not thrilled with Zhero's response that doesn't change the simple fact that STILL Andrius's little manuver needs to be explained. If its what Enigma is saying he NEEDS, HIMSELF, to admit it and we go from there.

Regardless, hypothetically, if we suck so hard it gets to D1 before there's a lynch and I, in fact, have a nuke the second I can launch it I am blowing Andrius up.

Just saying. One way or another this is getting resolved.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:38 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Right mouse thingy still isn't working -_-

383- I wasn't saying there's something wrong or scummy about reaction fishing. It just seems to me though that it was more of a poor excuse and you trying to get a 'Get out of jail free' card than anything else.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:23 am

Post by RedCoyote »

The main thing is, Zhero doesn't really strike me as the type to be, like, absent-minded about something like that. I don't know him very well, but from what little I've seen of him this game he comes off as fairly intelligent. The "dropped" part, for me, is also a dead giveaway. Furthermore, I think if there was that much resentment going on in the QT, maybe we'd see someone really being put off by Zhero here in the thread.

I'm telling myself over and over again this is completely faked... but there's a little, itty, teeny, tiny sliver of doubt in the back of my head.

Anyways, moving on, I'm still happy with my vote, although I can't, in good conscience, defend Calcifer's "reaction testing". There's always a sprinkle of skepticism that I give with that explanation.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 4:40 am

Post by Percy »

Sorry guys, posting will occur within 24 hours.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:20 am

Post by SocioPath »

RedCoyote wrote:The main thing is, Zhero doesn't really strike me as the type to be, like, absent-minded about something like that. I don't know him very well
I do, and we rocked face as scum with the last AGM modded game.
Cause he knew I would bus him in a heartbeat if otherwise. :P
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:23 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hmm...

The "post 18" thing doesn't make any sense at all, so I'm certain the message itself fake. I'm also not sure why any scum would withold their role from their buddies.

The "faking names" thing is so easy to do that it makes me think that they
won't
hide their names. If a post "drops" then they'll know we'll immediately suspect that it's a frame. So I would use real scum names when talking to prevent "framing" actually being true. Zhero's reaction almost seems as though it was pre-meditated to point out how it's "obviously" a frame.

Problem with this is that the "faking names" thing is so easy to do that they may have just stopped there, and since it does look like an obvious frame, in a WIFOMless world, I'd agree with what Zhero was saying.

...WIFOMs a bitch.

---

I don't think Calcifandrius' reactionfishing was scummy, if that
was
what he was doing. I do wonder if he did it to allow him to push for a Zhero lynch, but then backtracked. On the other hand I wonder also if they're both scum and Calcrifandrius was doing something nasty to his partner to future reference if either of them get lynched.

---

Doombunny's latest posts have sounded townish to me.
Unvote

---

I've been re-reading and I don't like how Calcifer voted for Hindu, then changed to Zhero, then when RC voted for Hindu, he switched his vote back Hindu, claiming Hindu was his top suspect since his wall-o-text. But the wall-o-text was before his Zhero vote, and Zhero didn't post at all between the two votes - so (1) why did he vote for Zhero, and more significantly, (2) why did he unvote Zhero?

(1) The Zhero vote followed Zhero voting for Calcifer and Enigma voting for Zhero. With the Zhero vote from Enigma, a potential bandwagon opportunity presented itself.
(2) RC had previously been voting for Calcifer. RC voted for Hindu. Calcifer said a wagon on Hindu would be a "swell idea" - to stop RC switching his vote back to him? I'm not liking it.

Vote: Calcifer
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Calcifer »

@AV: I(Vas) move my vote when I want/need to. I do it regardless of my alignment(Well, most of the time.). Votes have two uses: Pressuring/gathering info, and lynching. I'm using it for the gathering info(since we're way away from D/L anyway.). It's a reaction fishing thing.

--

I'm getting tired of Spy's denseness(density?) but if you're fucking with me with the nuke threat I will spam rage so hard in the Dead Thread IT BETTER GET INTERCEPTED.

However here's a little caveat, before I do that: Hey Enigma, is it okay if I claim results?(since it'll out you too somewhat).
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:35 am

Post by SpyreX »

Would I mess with that?

Go ahead and stall this more its tech.

I'll be waiting for the however whatever you say = role related information that Engima is scum (since the possibilities are narrowed to where that sure doesn't make sense or you've lied, your choice).
Show

Proud member of BaM
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:52 am

Post by Calcifer »

Andy does that. Really. I know you dislike meta-defenders but if a player is known to do anti-town things regardless of alignment, then you should listen to it because you're really not better off lynching another Townie for your Anti-town crusade.

Anti-town != scummy. Scum are likely to be anti-Town but it's not a cut deal.

Is there anything wrong with my explanations that you're being this dense about it? (Then again, you're always dense. But answer the question anyway.)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Lying. About. Role. Information. Is. Not. Anti. Town.

It. Is. Scummy.

What explanation? You've been playing teehee and doing anything and everything BUT answering my question.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:10 am

Post by Calcifer »

I didn't lie. I DID get information. Andy's 'role-related information' reasoning for the vote wasn't a lie.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

And you've said you're not the cop and no one is dead so WHERE is this fabulous jump to information == scum.

It doesn't exist.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Calcifer »

AlmGM wrote:Radar: The night may be dark, but your radar screen is neon green. And it’s hard to miss stuff flashing in neon green. {I will inform you of who target player targets, if anyone.
Note: The Stealth Bomber is a shared activated ability and cannot be detected.}
AlmGM wrote:Radar: The night may be dark, but your radar screen is neon green. And it’s hard to miss stuff flashing in neon green. {I will inform you of who target player targets, if anyone.
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Calcifer »

I TRIED being subtle about this but no no no~!

Also, AlmGM Plz fix quotes thx.

(Done. --AGM)
Last edited by AlmasterGM on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

What?

WHAT?

That doesn't even PRETEND to make sense.

So, you've got Radar and you saw Enigma do nothing on a night with no kills and that means ??
Show

Proud member of BaM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”