SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:32 am

Post by SocioPath »

Zhero wrote:Socio, do you think Calcifer is scum-Radar who just apparently outed his own partner?
Uh what?
No, that doesn't even begin to make sense to me.
A radar is a tracker that cant track the only thing that really matters. (KILLS)
Even I don't think that Calci would be THAT demented.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:41 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Tomorrow I finally get full access to the internet again!! :D

---

I've been reading along on my mobile (much to the detriment of my phonebill) so I've had a kind of outsider's perspective on this whole affair, and either way it's worrying. We're getting far to close to the deadline without a clear lynch candidate. More on this later...

The Calcifer Case

Percy wrote:How I read it now: Perhaps there's something else at work. It was as SpyreX said, a botched attempt to claim a cop guilty, and Calcifer doesn't know who Enigma targeted, so if he claims radar and his target doesn't match up with Enigma's, he's lynched scum. If he claims espionage and gets CC'd, then he's dead.
I think it's even more subtle than that. I think Calcifer *does* have the radar (in fact, with the lack of CCs he almost certainly does). But I think he could be scum who opted to block town from getting the radar. This added element ought to affect your later post:
Percy wrote:Enigma's confirmation (I guess since he's not voting Calcifer) of Calcifer's target means I feel much more comfortable about things. It's clearly not what SpyreX originally suggested (a scummy attempt to draw out the cop), and I for one am willing to let the matter rest.
Calcifer knowing Enigma's target does not make him any less suspicious at all. There is no reason for scum to lie about who visited who; in fact, telling the truth "reluctantly" might just garner enough town points to dismiss earlier concerns - exactly as it played out here.

So now retroactively popping back to this part:
Percy wrote:I will hammer Calcifer if he's put to L-1 and continues to refuse to claim.
Would you still hammer Calcifer now?

---

The Enigma Case

Percy wrote:Guys, we've got less than a week until we have to lynch somebody. We can waste that time on more claiming and setup speculation, or we can scumhunt.
This a thousand times. And - who has willingly made that much harder than it need be?
Enigma wrote:Gee fucking Gee
Enigma, having seen how the Calcifer affair played out, has now done the EXACT same thing, but rather than doing it at the start of the day, he's done it very close to the end. To me this smacks of scum opportunistically bungling town's lynch capacity, or trying to rush a mislynch near deadline.
Doombunny9 wrote:Also, I'm willing to trust Enigma at this point. I don't think scum would try to claim cop at this point when they could easily just wait until it would be more important for them to do so. Also, even if it were a ML we would still have caught Enigma-scum tomorrow. Either way we have scum.
Uh, back up right there Doom. Let's look at what Enigma has said.
Enigma wrote:Percy, I received a
result
which I believe is quite likely to be incriminating. Do you have an idea why that might be?
The wording of this has left plenty of wiggle room for Enigma to avoid getting lynched tomorrow. He hasn't said "He is confirmed scum" he has said he
believes
* it to be
quite likely
** to be
incriminating

How careful Enigma has been to avoid saying anything absolute! The ONLY ability that he could have that would lead to something incriminating would go further, and give him an absolute indication. And yet he's been careful to dance around it. He's also been careful to not claim that role, because he knows that claiming that role backs him into a corner. And scums hate dem corners.

*"Belief" does not equal fact - he can say he was just mistaken
**"Quite" likely, not even "very" likely. Far from certain.
***"Incriminating" instead of "guilty" or "scum"? Incriminating just means leading to more suspicions.

Doom, operating under the assumption of mislynching Percy and autolynching Enigma is flawed. Put another way, would you have been willing to lynch Enigma today and if he flips legit get Percy tomorrow? Look again at how Enigma has worded himself - look at his lack of vote at the start of the day - it is far from certain that he caught scum, and yet you're operating under the assumption that he is claiming that he has. He's left enough distance from the result and the vote to have to take full responsibility for it.

Let me restate: The only role that Enigma can have that would be incriminating would be FULLY incriminating. And yet Enigma's words have him as "likely", as "believing". This isn't a townie PR with a result; this is a scum PR with a result. And so;

Vote: Enigma

Enigma: if I'm reading too much into your words, tell me. Come out, fully, and tell me that you HAVE, 100%, caught scum, and I'll listen.

---
Calcifer wrote:I don't understand. Why didn't you autovote him at the start of D2 then?
Enigma wrote:Are all investigative roles supposed to claim on Day 2? I must have missed that memo.
I must have missed the memo where votes were the same as claims.

Percy wrote:Fuck, I think I just figured it out.

If it's what I'm thinking, Enigma, then I am going to be fucking speechless.
Does "what you're thinking" make Engima more likely scum or more likely town? Share your thoughts: we can't have two "tee-hee" dances going on at once, or SpyreX will have a heart attack.

---

Now, this vote does not lessen my Calcifer suspicions. Considering that the Enigma vs Calcifer ended early into D2 (with Enigma saying Andy was townie, no less) I'm still considering the possibility that Calci and Enigma had a plan that backfired a little. I am interested in either of their lynches, but I accept that just one being scum is probably more likely than both being scum.

Ninja Edit: Oh, looks like Socio has just responded to Zhero on this very point.

Socio: Do you think that Radar is useless for town? Do you think scum have no use for it?
Zhero: Why would Calci claiming to have tracked Enigma be "outing" his partner?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:44 am

Post by Hinduragi »

RC, I'm being as aggressive as I can. There's not exactly a big number of posting going on like there was D1. Another thing is the Percy-Enigma-Spyrex-Andy thing which is probably the most pressing issue at the moment. Plus that type of posting was good for a start. Walls shouldn't be around early in the game, at least that's what I believe because I don't like to read them.
RC wrote:Hindu's trying to pin me for being inconsistent, but the bigger point is that he's made a playstyle shift from leading to being passive.
It's not just inconsistency. It's for what seems to be a placeholder vote, misrepping me, and keeping your vote on me under false pretenses, such as the issue where you voted me for the Spyrex/Calc thing and then egged it on from the sidelines in the same post. Also, I just noticed you/Socio were both voting me. In one of your last posts, you defended Socio, the more interesting part being against the guy you put on your backburner.

I'm not sure what's going on with Percy/Enigma.(Seems like deja vu or something, right? =|) This is getting really annoying. I'm not doing shit on any of that until Enigma claims. Spyrex, what dance? You aren't even playing the Enigma dance, rofl.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 am

Post by SocioPath »

AurorusVox wrote:Socio: Do you think that Radar is useless for town? Do you think scum have no use for it?
That is not what I was getting at, at all.
YES RADAR IS USEFUL.

But the fact is: WHO IN FUCKS SAKE WOULD BUS THERE PARTNER THIS EARLY ON SOMETHING THAT ISNT A KILL?
The only auto-assumed track that would lead to a bussing (ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY) would be claiming you tracked a person to the kill: woohoo, you 'outted' your partner, you buy town creds, and ride the game.

BUT THIS EARLY ON SOMETHING -NOT- A KILL?
HOW IS SCUM PARTNER OUTTED AGAIN?!
THIS I DO NOT KNOW.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:09 am

Post by AurorusVox »

SocioPath wrote:
AurorusVox wrote:Socio: Do you think that Radar is useless for town? Do you think scum have no use for it?
That is not what I was getting at, at all.
YES RADAR IS USEFUL.

But the fact is: WHO IN FUCKS SAKE WOULD BUS THERE PARTNER THIS EARLY ON SOMETHING THAT ISNT A KILL?
The only auto-assumed track that would lead to a bussing (ESPECIALLY THIS EARLY) would be claiming you tracked a person to the kill: woohoo, you 'outted' your partner, you buy town creds, and ride the game.

BUT THIS EARLY ON SOMETHING -NOT- A KILL?
HOW IS SCUM PARTNER OUTTED AGAIN?!
THIS I DO NOT KNOW.
That's what I was getting at. He isn't outing his scum partner, he isn't bussing - so Calci claiming to have tracked Enigma, with a null result, could be a useful distancing tactic.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:35 am

Post by SocioPath »

AurorusVox wrote:That's what I was getting at.
THEN WHY ARE YOU WASTING MY TIME?!
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:57 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Spyre wrote:Ohh I'll bite in this pure awesome: Why is Socio an SK and not scum?
I don't see how this matters but I see more of a correlation between you three than with any of you and Socio.

@Aurous: OH SHI- I comepletely agree.
Unvote
. I want to here what Enigma has to say. @Enigma- Do you know 100% who is scum or are you just pretty sure?
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

@Mod: I will be V/LA from Friday afternoon (sometime after 3) to Tuesday afternoon (between 3 and 6)
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:20 pm

Post by Zhero »

Calcifer wrote:
Enigma wrote:Percy, I received a result which I believe is quite likely to be incriminating. Do you have an idea why that might be?
I don't understand. Why didn't you autovote him at the start of D2 then?
To further this line of thought, why, when pressed for your top suspicions, was Percy only a footnote?
Doombunny9 wrote:Also @Zhero- Why don't you see Enigma as being legit?

right now me thinks its Percy/Zhero/Spyre scumteam and Socio SK
Vague wording, inconsistent stances, mostly. Why am I scum?
Faraday wrote:What do you think of Percy's 464 then?
What should I think of it? I don't know what Percy's thinking, and I don't know why he'd be fucking speechless.
SocioPath wrote:Even I don't think that Calci would be THAT demented.
Do you think both Enigma and Percy are town then?
AV wrote:Zhero: Why would Calci claiming to have tracked Enigma be "outing" his partner?
Pushing Enigma into the limelight for little benefit. I'm having trouble seeing a Calcifer/Enigma team.
-Zhero
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:04 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Zhero wrote:Vague wording, inconsistent stances, mostly. Why am I scum?
I agree with more of less what some people have been saying about you throughout the game. I can also see you being connected with spyre/Percy (Assuming they're scum). Percy's going to have fun with this one :P
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:28 pm

Post by Percy »

I think Enigma's figured out (via Fighter) that I've deployed defensive troops. I believe that his story will be "defensive troops means you have a sub and since you said you didn't have the sub then you lied LYNCH ALL LIARS LOLOLOL" or something like that. It's the only thing that fits. But why claim that now? Why vote for it without claiming your result, or not claim your result and vote at the start of the day? Nothing adds up well enough.

I think Enigma is scum, and I think Doombunny is one of his partners.

Whilst the Andrius/Calcifer breadcrumbing debacle was regrettable, I was mainly concerned that he was scum and was in a position where claiming was death. I have a townread on Calcifer.

I think Enigma's claim under pressure when Andrius/Calcifer were breadcrumbing
and
his vote on me now strengthen this case. I think Doombunny's attitude of "let's lynch Percy now and Enigma later" is the perfect distancing tactic, also.

I'm going to claim now in the interests of clearing this dogshit up (and getting a viable lynch candidate organised) in the post right after this one.

I'm going to be
V/LA for a week
, though I will hopefully be able to check this thread once every day or so.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Percy wrote:and his vote on me
I KNEW HE WASNT READING MY POSTS! I beleive I clearly unvoted until Enigma explained his results. Also way to not answer my question (again).
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

wait nevermind, it was referring to Enigma, not me XD. Still want that question answered tho.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:57 pm

Post by Percy »

I got
Eavesdrop
. Here are the messages I have received over the course of the game. I will include my conclusions from each of the messages as they come. Almost every conclusion has the reflexive, knee-jerk "WIFOM" defence, but I've been sitting on these messages for a while, so I suggest you think about them too before you dismiss them.

First intercepted messageWe'll encrypt our messages using Md5 encryption. Keep that in mind. You four know how to use this type of encryption, I'll assume. Here's the message. Repond to confirm.

KYZJ ZJ DV KVJKZEX KYV TPGYVI KF JVV ZW PFL WFLI TRE GIFGVICP UVTIPGK ZK. ZW PFL TRE IVRU KYZJ DVJJRXV, IVJGFEU LJZEX KYV JRDV DVKYFU GCVRJV. RWKVI PFL IVJGFEU, GCVRJV EFKV KYRK NV NZCC SV JNZKTYZEX KF R MZXVEVIV TZGYVI. (ZK'J KFFC ZJ FE KYV JRDV JZKV RJ KYV TRVJRI TZGYVI. KYV BVPNFIU NZCC SV UIRXFEJKFEV) KYV KVOK WFCCFNZEX KYZJ JYFLCU SV LEIVRURSCV SLK ZK ZJ DP DVJJRXV ZE KYV MZXVEVIV TZGYVI. ZW PFL TRE UVTIPGK KYRK RJ NVCC KYVE PFL'IV XFFU KF XF TFDDLEZTRKZFE-NZJV.

WYIYWFZBBQYURGOHRKMWAKWYEFNMRXBPVBGTKRZWLGNKHQPRSNKXFRWSFNJWSQHI EQIEGRGZBGM

Note that it is not md5 encryption - the scum are actively misdirecting here.

Caesar decode of first paragraph, constant 17:THIS IS ME TESTING THE CYPHER TO SEE IF YOU FOUR CAN PROPERLY DECRYPT IT. IF YOU CAN READ THIS MESSAGE, RESPOND USING THE SAME METHOD PLEASE. AFTER YOU RESPOND, PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL BE SWITCHING TO A VIGENERE CIPHER. (IT'S TOOL IS ON THE SAME SITE AS THE CAESAR CIPHER. THE KEYWORD WILL BE
DRAGONSTONE
) THE TEXT FOLLOWING THIS SHOULD BE UNREADABLE BUT IT IS MY MESSAGE IN THE VIGENERE CIPHER. IF YOU CAN DECRYPT THAT AS WELL THEN YOU'RE GOOD TO GO COMMUNICATION-WISE.

My bolding.
Vigenere cipher decode using key "dragonstone":thisishinduragitestingthezzzzencryptedmessagezpleaserespondifyou anreadthisz

OK, so. I've been thinking about who are the kinds of players who would go to the bother of using a vigenere cipher; it's not a bad choice of cipher. Anyway, I'd say that players like SpyreX and SocioPath don't fit the bill, whilst players like Enigma do, but there are others.
Also, I gave Hinduragi some townpoints for this. There's no reason to include "this is hinduragi" in a post like this, and the post is choc full of misdirection. Sure, WIFOM, but it was strengthened by a later dropped message which I'll get to in a second.

Second message intercepted:VFUTRFYHCQXRDEFOYKHNWYVKSUMBMDBBACNHKBJWWSPVSPUYWAYMVVWVHUGFRLHC DWYEZSKLBGTSLEGZCOWLEHMVYEJHBYXHUIURNJNRNXFLXLDEZVRJXNFEQVWRWAWS MOCRYCZWHBRLLKSKBGWKKRALCLNOIWMCQIFIYVHGZTHCE
RTSEPARATELYJUSTAHE DSUP

Vigenere cipher decode using key "dragonstone":soundsgoodtomezalsozjustsoyouknowzwhenwedecrpyusingthissquaretoo
zthetextisgoingtobesquishedtogetherandzeverytimetherezsanewlinez
illrsomeonehitsenterwewillhavetodecryptthatpa
RTSEPARATELYJUSTAHE DSUP

Bolded section is not code, and was transferred straight across.

I had a little difficulty with this one. I'm not sure what tool they are using, but sometimes the key "edragonston" was required, or perhaps a different cyclic permutation.
This is... not much at all. A shame. Still, whatever tool they're using is a bad tool, and this is relevant for complacency reasons.

Third message intercepted:FB. PFL YRMV R XFFU GFZEK. Z NRJE'K JLIV ALJK YFN DREP GVFGCV JKLUZVU TIPGKFXIRGYP JZETV Z KFFB RE ZEKVIVJK ZE ZK RK CZBV RXV 13, CFC. REPNRPJ, PFL'IV IZXYK, KYRK DVKYFU NRJ ZDGIRTKZTRC JF Z XLVJJ ZK'J JRWV KF BVVG KYZJ FEV. RIV PFL XFZEX KF YRDDVI VCJTFLKR? YV ZJ JLTY RE VRJP KRIXVK KYRK ZK DRBVJ DV CFC.

Translation, Caesar cipher constant 9OK. YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT. I WASN'T SURE JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE STUDIED CRYPTOGRAPHY SINCE I TOOK AN INTEREST IN IT AT LIKE AGE 13, LOL. ANYWAYS, YOU'RE RIGHT, THAT METHOD WAS IMPRACTICAL SO I GUESS IT'S SAFE TO KEEP THIS ONE. ARE YOU GOING TO HAMMER ELSCOUTA? HE IS SUCH AN EASY TARGET THAT IT MAKES ME LOL.

Now this is interesting. The players not on the wagon when Elscouta was at L-1 were: RedCoyote, Enigma, Zhero, Doombunny9, SocioPath. It's clear that this poster is the same as the first, and again it feels like it could be Enigma, but I'm not certain. The way it's worded makes me think that whoever this was may have already been on the Elscouta wagon, but the "are you going to hammer Elscouta" points slightly at RedCoyote, and the comment makes sense in that light too.

Another important thing to note is that there is clearly some complaints about the level of complexity involved in the vigenere cipher.

Fourth message intercepted, not encoded:I'm not going to be using hidden methods to disguise my posting when the guy has a 5% chance of intercepting my posts here. I'm largely looking at Hinduragi, AV, and/or Percy. Sociopath is just being an idiot but it'll be easy to make him look scummy. I already started a case on him so it won't be too hard to have him lynched.

This I've currently got laid at Doombunny's feet. I already thought Hinduragi's mention in the first post gave him a few townpoints, but adding in AV and myself make me think this post is legit. The "I'm not going to bother disguising" fits with the complaints message, and the "I already started a case on SocioPath" sounds a lot like Doombunny.

I came after Doombunny today because of this, and since then the case has developed to one which, as I said before, I think stands on its own merits. Whilst the inspiration for the case came from this post, it is not a necessary part of the case.

Fifth message intercepted:O GYQKJ ZNK SUJ GHUAZ LGQOTM "JXUVVKJ" SGLOG WZ SKYYGMKY, GTJ NK YGOJ ZNGZ OZ CGY LGOX MGSK OL CK CKXK ZU JU ZNGZ. ZNOY IUARJ HK G XOYQE SUBK, HAZ UTK ZNGZ CK YNUARJ NGBK OT ZNK HGIQ UL UAX SOTJY.

Translation, Caesar cipher constant 19I ASKED THE MOD ABOUT FAKING "DROPPED" MAFIA QT MESSAGES, AND HE SAID THAT IT WAS FAIR GAME IF WE WERE TO DO THAT. THIS COULD BE A RISKY MOVE, BUT ONE THAT WE SHOULD HAVE IN THE BACK OF OUR MINDS.

OK, nothing surprising here. I think this is Enigma again, and his reaction to the dropped message is interesting, in that it attempts to call out the Eavesdropper.

My current theory is a scumteam of Enigma and Doombunny, and maybe RedCoyote, but it could be a different third person.

@Doombunny9
: You did vote me, or have you forgotten that already?
And no, I'm not going to answer your fucking question. I've explained my case, and you're quibbling over words. Any person with half a brain can read my case and make up their own minds. I do not need to explain anything further to you at all.

I am currently voting Doombunny on the strength of my case and the contents of this claim. I will happily vote Enigma at deadline, also.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Unvote, Vote: Doombunny

Percy you are a genius.

My only hesitation is that is more effort and daytalking than I've ever seen. Ever.

Did you have anything to do with the one message that got sent daytime?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Percy »

Another thing worth adding: Enigma's backflip on the usefulness of Eavesdrop fits nicely with scum initially being freaked out, then feeling better about it when a code was established.

@SpyreX
: The fourth and fifth messages were received during the night. I didn't have anything to do with the dropped message; in case you missed it,
Rules wrote:
DEFCON 3
Increase in force readiness above that required for normal readiness
– Two weeks or until lynch.
d) All militaries switch to encrypted callsigns. Players with private communication channels may still talk openly at any time, but
any messages sent during the day phase have a 10% chance of their contents being intercepted and posted publically in the thread.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Calcifer »

Hmm. Makes sense that Enigma would, as scum, target Percy with whatever active ability he happens to have...

Going to talk with mah buddy.

Sorry, this head of the hydra's been really busy with LOTR Mafia, and other school-related stuff. (Seriously, what professor would give you a test and NOT actually have a syllabus with the stuff on the test!?)

-The Baker
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:48 pm

Post by Percy »

Oh, and for the record, I received the third message
after
Elscouta had been lynched.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I much prefer Doom to Enigma for today. I've got reasons that will become apparent IF I'm right.
Show

Proud member of BaM
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Huh.

Hmmmm...

This is a lot to take in... I guess the thing the strikes me immediately is that the drops all look a little different. I guess this is understandable. Percy, how many times did you see the drop that we saw earlier today, if any?

Enigma, do you believe Percy? Is he accurate in saying that you're gunning for him on account of defensive troops?

And, of course, does anyone else claim Eavesdrop? Percy's post seems genuine, I guess, in a way. I'm hesitant because all the posts seem kind of different. I don't get why there are two different encryptions? And a third is mentioned? It sounds too elaborate to be fake, but too fake to be real.

Unvote
for now.

If we believe Percy, I think we should look at the group would consist of: Hindu, Zhero, Doombunny, Enigma, and whoever wasn't on the Elscouta wagon at L-1 (including me).

Actually, as bad of a position that it puts me in for being the hammer, I'm inclined more toward the last thing (the Elscouta hammer). Assuming we believe Percy, which would make sense (especially if Enigma gives us the go ahead), then we should probably lynch someone who had the opportunity to hammer Elscouta. Obviously I wouldn't want to be me, and I'd prefer it to be SP or Doombunny.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:13 pm

Post by Percy »

RedCoyote 494 wrote:Percy, how many times did you see the drop that we saw earlier today, if any?
None. The probabilities are independent, it seems.
RedCoyote 494 wrote:Percy's post seems genuine, I guess, in a way. I'm hesitant because all the posts seem kind of different. I don't get why there are two different encryptions? And a third is mentioned? It sounds too elaborate to be fake, but too fake to be real.
:neutral:
They started off by using the Caesar cipher to introduce the Vigenere cipher. The Caesar cipher is easy to crack, but the Vigenere cipher requires the keyword (in this case "dragonstone"), otherwise it's virtually impossible to decode.
md5 encryption is absolutely crazyhard to crack; unfortunately, there would be no way for the other scum to crack it either. It was introduced, I assume, to misdirect the Eavesdropper.

I'm off to go get my drink on. I'll be back later tonight for :drunkposting:, but I'm flying out early tomorrow morning.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by Enigma »

Yes, I'm fighter, and by process of elimination I thought that Percy had sub.

Why the hell do you think I would go out of my way to use a Vignere Cipher.
Lucky for me I actually have a basic knowledge on ciphers. And if I was going to use a cipher, I would choose one maths based rather than the classic systems,
It's harder to crack,
Personal preference with what I'm more familiar with.

First I don't type in all caps, I like to keep the integrity of my capslock key.

Secondly,
OK. YOU HAVE A GOOD POINT. I WASN'T SURE JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE STUDIED CRYPTOGRAPHY SINCE I TOOK AN INTEREST IN IT AT LIKE AGE 13, LOL. ANYWAYS, YOU'RE RIGHT, THAT METHOD WAS IMPRACTICAL SO I GUESS IT'S SAFE TO KEEP THIS ONE. ARE YOU GOING TO HAMMER ELSCOUTA? HE IS SUCH AN EASY TARGET THAT IT MAKES ME LOL.
Are the scum fuckign retarded. Unfortunately I actually know a bit about cryptography, (just a pity I'm not going coding and cryptography until next year). You don't fuckign use a Cesar cipher if you want encrypt stuff. It's a fucking joke of a cipher, one of the most obvious ones to realize by eye and easiest to crack.
And no I'm not dumb enough to complain about the complexity of the cipher because my mind has been skull fucked by encryptions 10 billion times harder than this stuff.
We'll encrypt our messages using Md5 encryption. Keep that in mind. You four know how to use this type of encryption, I'll assume. Here's the message. Repond to confirm.
I can not believe someone said the first message is MD5. Do you even know what MD5 is??? I'll give you a hint, it looks NOTHING like that message. They say you FOUR, I'm not sure what that means.

Not sure why "scum" are using both types of decryption, very inefficient. I also don't like the fact they are using different Caesar values, especially more inefficient for decoding for rookies who choose to use the Caesar cipher. I think it's a miracle that Percy managed to figure out all the Caesar constants tbh. Convenient hey?

Before I'm going to believe your claim I want to know exactly when these messages were received.
Why would they be FUCKING GIVING OUT THE CIPHER KEY in Defcon 3 when they could have done so earlier in say Defcon 4 and not face the risk of it getting revealed.
And by what sheer coincidence do you happen to be able to come across the cipher key they use for the rest of the day.

Answer me this too:
1. How did you recognize it was the Caesar cipher. It seems like you actually know a BASIC bit about cryptography to be able to fabricate this (if you did, I just think it's very unlikely that it is real based on the content of the messages). And you just managed to guess the Caesar value too?
soundsgoodtomezalsozjustsoyouknowzwhenwedecrpyusingthissquaretoo
zthetextisgoingtobesquishedtogetherandzeverytimetherezsanewlinez
illrsomeonehitsenterwewillhavetodecryptthatpaRTSEPARATELYJUSTAHE DSUP
2. What decryption site did YOU use for this. Firstly I find it hard to believe they didn't share a decryption site. Secondly, spaces are being converted which shouldn't happen in an alphabet cipher.

I tried to rolefish Eavesdrop in the post your linked Percy, that is correct. Needed to confirm you had sub.

So my final point is, I am doubting the integrity of these messages and Percy's claim as Eavesdrop.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:30 pm

Post by Enigma »

Final question. Was Eavesdropper first on your preference list Percy?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Good gravy I'm really confused now:
THIS IS ME TESTING THE CYPHER TO SEE IF
YOU FOUR
CAN PROPERLY DECRYPT IT
That makes no sense.

As in the "even with a generous counting ones self it would be "you three" and thats wrong and it should be "you two"" style.

I.E. I don't know if I can dig the idiot savant scumteam that's going to go to all this effort to set up cyphers late enough in the process that they can get caught but not have the basic grammatics down.

I'm not sold on Percy being scum, but it doesn't make sense.

Fff
Show

Proud member of BaM
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:04 pm

Post by Enigma »

I still think there is a chance that Percy is actually scum sub and he pulled up this whole eavesdrop charade because there are just too many inconsistencies.

What do you think about the leaked message Percy? Because I don't think the leaked message fits in well with what you have described. At all.
ZHERO USE THE METHOD IN POST 18. IT ISN'T THAT HARD. IF THIS POST IS FUCKING DROPPED I'M GOING TO BE PISSED BUT YOU ARE BEING A DUMBASS SO IT'S NOT REALLY A BIG LOSS. SERIOUSLY, IT ISN'T THAT HARD. IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS, FIGURE IT OUT AND TELL US YOUR POWER.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”