a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:31 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Checking in for the first real time.

Equi for me is getting town points, even though the exchange over the questions rifled me a little bit. I will say however, that that is the first time i have seen someone rationalize their thoughts behind their RQS, which is refreshing in my mind. It's always read as just another semi-useless way to start the game (although, no question is a stupid question in Mafia since there's no telling what reactions will bring) On that case...I should probably answer them

1. What is your time zone? EST
2. How much activity can we expect from you? More as the game goes on and I get caught up. Currently have 8 other ongoing games, and am on v/la while i take care of real life issues / catch up everywhere.
3. What is your favorite role? Sourdough. Oh wait...
4. Chaos or order? Anarchy.

I feel like the antihero v singer debate is mostly town v town based largely on semantics. I don't think there's much info to be gleamed from that unless flips prove us otherwise.

vote: lowell
I dont like how he, first, blindly ignored the part of Zed's post calling attention to possible scuminess, and then easily tried to discredit what she said with "oh there's no substance here..."
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (isolation #3) » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:30 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

@ Equi-
It's just in the games i've encountered RQS in so far, the questions haven't really accomplished anything more than random votes. The person usually asks, some people answer or refuse to, and then something gets blown out of proportion. What I guess I meant was that I had not yet seen the initial poster of the questions give rationale behind the answers they received to the questions (ie, by the end of your breakdown, it seemed much more of an active scumhunting technique than just an alternate way to start the game)
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #4) » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Re: Sevei

To be honest, I really never have seen a point to RQS before. It has always been for me just a slightly more interesting way to start the game. I cannot gleam much information from questions that range from irrelevant ("What's your favorite colour?" ) to borderline rolefishing ("What's your favorite role?"). Yes, these questions generate discussion of some sort, and yes they are useless for me in terms of my own reads on people. The discussions I've seen from RQS stages are things like: people getting upset over someone not answering certain questions/questions at all (for me, a nontell), or things like the argument here over semantics. So yes, Equi posting a detailed analysis of how the responses to her questions led to her reads on other people was something I had not seen before and found useful. Town points. However, I was also interested in why she stated that her own answers to this question would change people's opinions, and to her defensiveness once the argument with singer started. Not scummy, per se, but it raised my radar of the two. I find Equi town, I find singer town. I don't find much useful information in their argument. If one were to flip scum, that debate would be the first thing I would reanalyze.

As far as refusing to take a firm stance, I have been attempting to get better at that on the site. A quick meta-check will should you that in-the-middle words like maybe, probably, usually, etc. are simply a part of my posting style and is not related to alignment.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:17 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

I've currently got my post on the player i find most scummy, I have yet to see a response from him.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:52 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

@Uite- I initially signed up for so many games because i was in a time where i had nothing to do, IRL. Obviously, i got a bit overzealous in this respect. I choose not to replace out of any games, because i have multi-replaced out before, and I'm attempting to force mold myself into a better player. With that being said, I am here, I have read up, and I will be posting. Also, my v/la ended a few days ago, but then I unexpectedly came down with a cold/ had to move. Not ATE, just stating.

At this point, i still feel my vote is where i want it to remain. Between Zed and Quadz, i find Zed to be the scummier of the two, but not the scummiest player in the game by far.
kunkstar7 wrote:
What do you expect Lowell to respond with? What of Lowell's posts of Zed's scumminess? In what form did Lowell discredit zed with "oh there's no substance here..."? Have you developed your read on Lowell any further beyond this initial psot which as you yourself stated was your first
I was expecting to see more of a response from Lowell to the questions and concerns of Zed. When i initially read: "I can't tell yet whether this is OMGUS scum reaction or OMGUS newbie town reaction, but I'll figure it out." from Lowell, I took that to be sort of dismissing of any case she had as merely OMGUS. My reads have progressed a bit in the sense that Zed had continued to ask questions which were left unresponded to, and Lowell's most recent voting of Zed felt like, even though stated for consensus, it could have had more reasoning behind it, given the two players' previous engagements.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:46 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Uite wrote:If you're trying to learn how to be a better player, wouldn't it make more sense to only play a few games at a time, but get really involved in them, rather than playing at a lowel level in many games?
Yes, that would probably be the more logical thing to do. How relevant to the game at hand is this round of questioning though? That's the one thing I find interesting about your questions to everyone, is that there seems to be a mix of things which comment on the game or are pushing scumhunting forward to an extent, but there also appears to me questions that aren't really helping too much.

Also. No PRs? We do have three masons.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:18 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pomegranate wrote:VOTE: a2rudeboy.

I have a lot of neutral reads right now, and iso'ing a2rb I just find very little actual content.
Pot. Kettle. Black.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:43 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

Ok- So as far as I can read, you're main point against me is that I have been lurking through a game and not posting much. Which is criticizing me for something you do yourself, way to try and detract attention by picking the easiest candidate. Tell me the scum-motivation behind my posts so far, because what you're doing here actually has scum-motivation.

This is the second ISO you've claimed to do on me. The first time you said you felt uneasy about me trying to appeal to everyone (not original argument, merely repeating Sev), and then moved on. You didn't place a vote nor a FoS on me in that post.

Am I your scummiest read in this game?
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Pom- Everything you said in your post is exactly the case for me. I was V/LA in this game at the beginning, than came back and had numerous other out of game issues. Check my meta. I was lurking in every game I was currently playing in. Regardless of alignment. I do not argue that active lurking is scummy, or scum-motivated. I asked you to, in the posts I have made, find scum-motivation. Here, I'll even help you a little bit: my earlier wishy-washy commenting, and apparent desire to sound uncontroversial. Sound familiar? These were reasons you presented, or at least echoed, the first time around we had this conversation.

And I'm attacking you based on the fact that everything in your case against me, or everything that you've presented that is, is something you yourself are exactly guilty of. If you were reading this game, would you find yourself scummy?

@ Sev- Stop your tunneling. Posting "he's not posting content" is also not content.

Edit Preview: Wow.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:12 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

v/la until Monday... I has mono, and need the recovery time.

oh but before i go.

i reviewed the cases and i think the strongest one is

vote:antihero

Singer is obvtown btw.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:48 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

@Chesskid- do you think i directly outed singer? i believe she got lynched more because she correctly nailed scum two days in a row and led successful lynches against them. she was way too dangerous for scum to keep around.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:58 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

I'd like a massclaim first.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (isolation #14) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:00 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

EBWOP- Also, saying that there are 3 masons in the game is not a softclaim/breadcrumb. That's the setup for f v e v e
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:57 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

vote:chesskid

i'm put off by how much you're pushing this mason issue, to me it reeks very much of scum trying to appear town and look useful. for one, why would you see the need to "out" the last mason yourself? (no one had brought it up mind you, you started the day by coming after me for outing singer and then for softclaiming/breadcrumbing) i can't see what the town motivation would be to bring out something like that. secondly, yes a mason is a pr, but it's a pretty useless one at this stage in the game, with the two other masons dead, all it really leaves us is a confirmed townie, which is better than nothing, but there's also no 100 hundred percent way to confirm the last mason's validity.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:49 am

Post by a2rudeboy »

ebwop- l-1. please claim.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

Apparently I earned replacement. Huh.
a2rudeboy
a2rudeboy
Goon
a2rudeboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by a2rudeboy »

BTW- chesskid, the game is pretty much held up on you right now, all the players are waiting for your analysis. Please deliver, or let us hammer, kthxbye.

Return to “Completed Open Games”