Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #507 (isolation #0) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by Equinox »

/confirm

I'm having some issues with time at the moment, so activity will have to wait until tomorrow, most likely in the evening. I realize the deadline is coming up soon, so I'll put everything I've got into tomorrow's posting and the time after that. Good news is that I did most of the reading a few days ago. I just need to draw up a ketchup post and make it filled with coherent thoughts.

DO NOT HAMMER UNTIL I HAVE MY SAY, PLEASE. THANK YOU.

Immediate impressions pulled off the top of my head:

Beefster's L+1 hammer is most interesting and sets off all of the alarms.
silverbullet999's comment about a medic at the start of Day 3 sets off alarms.
drmyshottyizsik's *shrug* comments set off alarms. Expect cross-examination.
Prox is on my watch list for some reason...? Seems a post set off alarms... will investigate and elaborate tomorrow.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #519 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Hello, townsfolk of Open 233!

Shout-outs to AGar, Chronopie, drmyshottyizsik, Enigma, Prox, silverbullet999, smashbro_of_the_SSS, Sotty7, and StrangerCoug.

Apparently, I am replacing the one known as Shattered Viewpoint.

I did most of my reading a few days ago. By this, I mean that I've read some of Day 1, all of Day 2, and
most
all of Day 3. I have a pretty good knowledge of the game state, but I'll still work backwards with the reading as I go along. I thought I would finish this past weekend, but life threw a pie in my face. I'll try not to stir the chronology up too much.

Oh! A note about activity: I will do my best to post at least once every 24 hours. I will notify if I have to leave for longer than that. I reserve longer posts for certain times of the day when I'm home.

Thoughts about Day 2:
  • This statement from KageLord has me on alert. It's quite easy for scum to fake "pro-town" behavior by saying this sort of thing. The case on Chronopie at that point was actually more than what he seems to think here, so this is worth an IGMEOY.
  • drmyshottyizsik's request here hurts. It hurts so much. I don't think it's scummy, though, just...
    argh
    . This, however, raises an eyebrow. It's just
    so
    pro-town. Also, please refrain from posting useless shit like this. Thanks.
  • ConfidAnon's behavior during his argument with AGar is interesting. I'll reexamine after I'm through with Beefster.
  • Prox's wall of quotes feels like IoA.
  • Hey, Prox, you aren't going to question Shattered Viewpoint? You're just going to hold a grudge like the kid who got tagged?
  • Permit me a moment of rage here. drmyshottyizsik, you're about to win the trophy for most concurrent active games. You've finished enough games to know why we need to lynch people. Why was this question necessary? And WTF is with the "maybe town" comment? Do you not believe in the ConfidAnon wagon? It's not like you commented either way. Again,
    argh
  • Beefster's L+1 hammer suggests to me that he wasn't paying attention, as Zorblag was very explicit about his vote being the lynch vote. Beefscum probably didn't want to miss out on an opportunity to bus. Town would've seen the hammer already. Fail.
  • smashbro_of_the_SSS's immediate doubt of curiouskarmadog's cop claim is O_O. It seems he, too, missed the double hammer. Fail.
Thoughts about the beginning of Day 3:
  • silverbullet999's comment about the lack of a medic is very strange. silverbullet999 is no stranger to the F11 setup. What's going on?
  • The three votes on ConfidAnon are curious, indeed, especially in light of the cop result. Were those three absent at the time?
    I must investigate.
    Investigation complete. Beefster is a scumbag, Chronopie is a scumbag, and KageLord was not around.
  • smashbro_of_the_SSS, do you have no personal opinion whatsoever on Beefster and drmyshottyizsik? Don't piggy back.
  • Yes, silverbullet999, the "pat on the back" tell. Besides, your comment was
    weird
    . You know what an F11 setup is. It's not like the death was surprising or worthy of comment. (Apologies to curiouskarmadog.)
  • Beefster's post is so hilarious that it needs to be in quote boxes. Behold!
Beefster wrote:drmy for
tume's town read on sb
and drmy's erratic behavior.
Where, oh, where, is the logic in this? And, wait, what was your issue with silverbullet999 again?
Beefster wrote:Equinox/PaltryExcuse- It just seems like PE was pushing a wagon rather than scumhunting. It's another perspective that shouldn't be ignored.
Hey, scumbag, newsflash for you: I'm replacing Shattered Viewpoint. The red text cannot be denied!

Get well soon, drmyshottyizsik.

But I am not going to pull any punches. Something needs to be said, and I feel angry enough.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:Anyways i'll iso beef and drmy later... drmy like to be vi in past game
read my sig guys
For the love of all that is still holy in a mafia-infested town,
stop embracing the damn label
. It's considered an insult for good reason. Stop joining games. It's not going to win you any trophies, and it isn't going to earn you any respect. Focus on the ones you're in, and replace out of the ones you don't care for. It's much better to be an awesome scum hunter than to boast that you hit 100 games before your first scum day. Seriously.

tl;dr

Scumbags: Beefster > smashbro_of_the_SSS > Prox > ConfidAnon > drmyshottyizsik

VOTE: Beefster

Beefster is the choice cut for tonight's barbecue.

smashbro_of_the_SSS's behavior following curiouskarmadog's cop claim and the double hammer is suspect, as is his lack of
personal
stances today. Lack of time should not stop you from having your own opinions about people. Lack of time would inhibit proper piggy-backing, though.

Prox's wall was unimpressive. His behavior thus far has been unimpressive. Way to stay in the background while everyone bickers.

The lynching attempts on ConfidAnon thus far lead me to believe he may be town, hence his placement on the spectrum, but his behavior is also suspect, particularly during his argument with AGar. I will need to examine him and the cases on him once Beefster is lynched.

drmyshottyizsik is a null read, and I'm too emotionally affected to try to remedy that. However, his meta is a damn good cover for scum, and his behavior thus far has not indicated any attempts to be pro-town. I'd lynch him first if this weren't Day 3.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #520 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:08 am

Post by Equinox »

Correction. How I forgot my second suspect, I will never know. It's 4 AM.
Equinox wrote:Scumbags: Beefster >
KageLord >
smashbro_of_the_SSS > Prox > ConfidAnon > drmyshottyizsik
KageLord's behavior toward the Chronopie and ConfidAnon wagons are highly suspect. Recklessness versus caution and all that.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #522 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, how did I miss that post?

Knocking smashbro_of_the_SSS off the list for now.

But, um, Beefster
is
at L-1. I put him there. You'd be the hammer. Are you ready?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #523 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:04 am

Post by Equinox »

Follow-up question: What is keeping you from voting Beefster? You have a case there.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #527 (isolation #5) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Equinox »

(I'll take a closer look at KageLord's post later today, since I need to cross-reference curiouskarmadog's post and his defense.)

I just had a realization. I need Beefster to get in here and claim or post a defense or whatever. Both would be good. This is a request to please not hammer until Beefster defends himself. I have a bunch of reads hinging on this. I will explain when I get what I want (or when it's clear I won't be).
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #529 (isolation #6) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:53 am

Post by Equinox »

I'm rather amused that you consider it "coaching."

I am not going to unvote. It's the point... :|

As for being "emotionally affected," I was angry with drmyshottyizsik at the time. I think I still am. His behavior has been totally off-the-wall, he's made no effort to contribute, and add the fact that I've seen him /in and volunteer to replace into even more games... and you get a rather pissed Equinox. I'm probably feeding when the sign clearly says not to, but ARGHDAMMITOMFG. Those little tidbits you saw me address to him were a product of that.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #532 (isolation #7) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Post by Equinox »

Beefster wrote:I'm a vanilla townie.
Explain the L+1 hammer please.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #535 (isolation #8) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Equinox »

So you saw there were 2 pages ahead of you?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #536 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

All right, I suppose that question was redundant. Sigh. I need to stop having kneejerk reactions...

Fact check reveals that there was a new page following Zorblag's hammer. Why Beefster felt the need to skip that much content after a cop claim is beyond me, but the facts he presented in 534 match.

The reason I brought this up was I noticed that Zorblag's and Beefster's votes were a mere two minutes apart. There was a possibility that Beefster got ninja'd; I wanted to hear from Beefster, late as it is, if this was the case. As it turns out, it was not.

Interrogation time.

Beefster, why did it not occur to you to check? Did you simply take curiouskarmadog at his word when he claimed? How did you miss the forced preview? (I think that feature was up by then. Correct me if I'm wrong; my memory's fuzzy.)

What is your opinion of the other players as of right now, and what do you think of the people who've brought cases against you?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #537 (isolation #10) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Equinox »

Also:
Chronopie wrote:Good job guys, you just lynched your friendly neighbourhood watcher.
Beefster wrote:Maybe he's actually a tracker??? Not that it really matters in that case cause he's still an idiot.
Explain these, too.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #538 (isolation #11) » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Equinox »

Yay. Quadruple posting.

We have about 12-13 hours before we hit deadline. Screw it. Someone drop the hammer. I don't think I need Beefster to respond to those anymore.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #545 (isolation #12) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:43 am

Post by Equinox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:beef, and someone else, and i already said why
You never said who, and you never said why. So... who and why?
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:I should be on for at least an hour atm, will hammer when I need to leave, because I can't promise I'll be back on.
Was this related to your previous post where you wanted to make the day longer?
Prox wrote:OK! I'm going to re-read this thread TODAY and get a wallpost in TODAY. I apologize for previous inactivity. School, ya'know?

But I think I can do this.
HEY, PROX OF THE DOX. How far did you read, and in what direction are you reading? How far along were you when you posted your mega quote wall?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #549 (isolation #13) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Equinox »

smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
Equinox wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:I should be on for at least an hour atm, will hammer when I need to leave, because I can't promise I'll be back on.
Was this related to your previous post where you wanted to make the day longer?
I know i forgot to come back to this thread after some time, and remembered it later, bout an hour or two before deadline. came on to vote, but it had alreayd been done. sorry.
The question is why you bothered to delay the hammer at all. You should have done it in that post where you made your promise.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #551 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:heh papa you have the best death scenes.
HEY SILVERBULLET999. Am I going to find your prints on that coconut? If not, whose are they?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #553 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:
Am I going to find your prints on that coconut? If not, whose are they?
You have that fingerprint stuff?! Hurry up and use it then! How am I supposed to know whose fingerprints will show up on it when you have the powder!
No, seriously. What's with the fluff posting? Who's scum?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #555 (isolation #16) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:40 am

Post by Equinox »

VOTE: silverbullet999
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #557 (isolation #17) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999, WTF are you attempting to do? If you're in too many games, do us a favor and don't try to get yourself lynched. Otherwise, hunt scum.

Or... did you get a rather severe case of TMI?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #560 (isolation #18) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Equinox »

TMI = Too Much Information

Well, being a smartass with me may aggravate me, but it doesn't make you scum. The fact that you're not making any effort at this point is more of an indicator to me. What did your reread of drmyshottyizsik's posts reveal to you? Who do you think is scum?

PREVIEW EDIT: LOL, really? "Baa," much?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #561 (isolation #19) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Equinox »

KageLord wrote:
Vote: silverbullet999

It should be obvious why.
Hold it. No, it is not obvious why, and your posts don't indicate that you ever suspected silverbullet999. What is this?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: KageLord

Explain.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #563 (isolation #20) » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Equinox »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:
vote kage

i will be v/la for about a week, recovering from surgery and stuff
Get well soon.

In other news, why did you vote KageLord? Feeling opportunistic?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #574 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:51 am

Post by Equinox »

KageLord wrote:The fact that you switch votes so readily indicates that you really don't care if he answers or not and you're just looking for reasons to vote people. Again, anti-town, though not necessarily scummy (exasperated town tends to do this).
Your vote looked rather opportunistic, and I figured I could get a more immediate response from you than silverbullet999, so I switched to you. As for voting, I don't need to look for reasons to vote people because I already have them, though I may switch to pressure as necessary.

silverbullet999 wrote:I called out one scum from him telling me to think carefully after asking a question, and though that may not be the same case here, your up on my list friend.
Are you going to base all of your OMGUS attacks in the future on that old slip? (For the record, silverbullet999 is referring to this post.)

StrangerCoug has a legitimate concern, and threats are a fine town tactic that I personally favor. The fact that you have essentially taken his threat and reversed it suggests to me that you are more focused on defending yourself than finding scum. Like I said before, am I going to find your fingerprints on that coconut?
silverbullet999 wrote:Also how am I supposed to read your mind and realize that your suspicions haven't changed during the flip?
You don't, and you're not supposed to care.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: silverbullet999
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #582 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:Umm wait... if that's so then why have you been asking me about who is scum? Why do you care who I think is scum then?
You're missing the point of the question. I really do not give a damn who you think is scum. What I want from you is scum hunting, which you have and still are not doing, and that lack of action is what concerns me, not your reads.

You have to admit, your retorts are, in a nutshell, "OMG, you're attacking me? You must be scum!" Your attacks on StrangerCoug and your vote on me are proof that you are focused more on defending yourself than finding scum. Your behavior is textbook OMGUS. Sorry to break that to ya.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #584 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:Why would you ask who I think scum is... if you don't give a damn who I think is scum.
To help me get a read on you. Town players are transparent. We know where they stand at all times, and we also know that they are not afraid to state their suspicions and attack players. Your first post on Day 4 was fluff, and when I confronted you, you just fluffed your way again, presumably to aggravate me for fun. That is counterproductive.

I repeatedly asked you who you thought was scum because
you wouldn't answer
to my satisfaction. I stop asking when I'm satisfied. I told you to hunt scum in the beginning of the day when I asked you who the scum were, which you refused to do. Instead, you chose to fool around, waiting for your scum buddies to rescue you, I imagine.

By the way, threatening you is not a scum tell. LOL
silverbullet999 wrote:You on the other hand are a Different matter, if my attack on you was truly omgus, I would have voted you as soon as you had initially voted me.
You're not seriously saying this, right? Are we still joking around in a late-game RVS type of thing?
silverbullet999 wrote:I'm finding what your wanting from me now to clash with what you wanted from me before.
Yes. Yes, it does clash, actually. My first objective was to get you to take a stance and stand by it, thereby giving me a better grip on my read of you. My second objective now is to get you to diescumdie.

silverbullet999 isn't going to get any townier, folks. Lynch the scumbag.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #589 (isolation #24) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:Equi is laughing most of my arguments off with weak defenses... I would heavily suggest his lynch tomorrow as he's acting like the
typical
over confident scumbag that he is.
Uh... what? I wasn't aware you had scum meta on me.

If you really are town, take off your rage glasses and look at the game
objectively
and find some scum. Your behavior right now continues to be anti-town, and you're just digging your own grave at this point.

Here's a pointer. If you are indeed town, your arguments are not going to hold water until you actually call out AGar's, Equinox's, and StrangerCoug's behaviors as pro-scum, and if indeed they are scum, you will find those in their ISOs.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #593 (isolation #25) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:Why wouldn't my arguments hold water when i flip town? Especially if i make it a strong point to push for another lynch when i'm dead? This is typical overconfidence from you once again. Your leading/controlling the game, a great town move... but again your complete overconfidence in this whole situation proves ever further my point. I have little doubt that there is a strong chance that i'll be lynched today... but at least my words will hopefully lead to your scummish downfall as well when i flip town.
There is a word for this. It's "tunneling."

In any case, I was not talking about your flip, I was talking about your persuasiveness. If you're scum, I would very much like you to continue your futile exercise. However, if you're town, you are not getting anywhere with this sort of argument. This is just me playing like an SE.

My so-called 'overconfidence' and town leading is actually very much consistent with my town meta.

All right. I am not going to spar with silverbullet999 anymore -- none of this has changed my opinion, and I want to hear from all the lurking scumbags as well.

Preview Edit: Not liking that vote, sheep. Bussing?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #598 (isolation #26) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Equinox »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: ConfidAnon

Kill ConfidAnon now, please.

silverbullet999's behavior is inexcusable, but his tone has me wondering if he's genuinely frustrated. In other news, ConfidAnon is opportunistic scumbag.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #609 (isolation #27) » Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Equinox »

Guys, shut up and lynch ConfidAnon. Arguing with silverbullet999 is not going to move this town anywhere. It's already quite obvious that silverbullet999 has dug a bit more than six feet.

MOD: silverbullet999 didn't self-vote; that was ConfidAnon.

Yes, that does make more sense, doesn't it.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #871 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:both my two suspects getting killed that one night easily makes me scape goat and what does town do? flail.
I'll be brutally honest here. You were the scapegoat not because your suspects were killed but because you pushed a case based on OMGUS, which is anti-town. It's very easy to distrust someone who's pushing a case on you, so that part is forgiven. However, it was really, really frustrating dealing with you after a while, as soon as I realized your reaction mirrored (almost exactly) another townie I tunneled in another game... because you weren't going to listen to a word I said, and you kept confirming everything I said as pro-scum. Please reread this game when you have the time and don't repeat that mistake.

Gammagooey, very well-played. smashbro_of_the_SSS, don't hesitate to hammer town; your hesitation to hammer Beefster without any justifiable reason was scummy. Prox, if you read this, don't do IioA walls like that again.

curiouskarmadog's cop claim was a little hasty, but I don't know if I'd have done anything differently in that situation. As far as he knew, scum were driving the lynch away from Chronopie, and it's surprisingly difficult to lynch someone because they're lurking when there's a clearly anti-town player sitting right there. (IIRC, there was more to the Chronopie case, but the ConfidAnon case became more and more convincing.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #877 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Equinox »

silverbullet999 wrote:equis questions to me made assumptions. thus my answer was another question wondering how the hell this question formulated. and I answered/made note of this
Your response came off to me as willful disruption. You could have just gone out and asked me why I was asking you that question. Instead, you took up several posts to apparently joke around and say things that weren't going to go anywhere. How did you expect me to react to that?

Look, I realize that the method of interrogation I took with you was not a particularly great method, especially since you're not the first person to have reacted poorly to it. I'm willing to revisit and take note of what can be done better in future games.

Not one, not two, but several people found you anti-town enough to lynch you on Day 5. Town tunneled on you, I get that, but you can't completely push the blame to everyone else. Some of that really was your fault. You did much better on Day 5, but your play on Day 4 was classic confirmation bias. Please reread and examine the cases you put forth, and then seek advice if you need to (and doesn't have to be from us). Just don't repeat the mistakes you made here.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #879 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Equinox »

/sigh

Whatever. I'm just saying that there was an area that should be improved, and if you don't buy it, you just don't. Eventually you'll figure it out, I hope.

Thanks for modding this game, Papa Zito. I enjoyed reading the flavor.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #881 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by Equinox »

I apologize for being overly harsh in 879.

Return to “Completed Open Games”