Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (isolation #1) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Yo. I'm back!
- The scums are likely Equinox/CKD.
- Vi has a completely different vibe from the way he was last game ( dunno if it's the ava :) ). His over committed defense for Equinox also looks town.
- At first I suspected VP + SR of playing the distancing card at the start because their points against each other were so trivial until post #54, 55, 56 dispelled my suspicion to a large extent. However, I'm still noting this possibility as they have recently gotten inexplicably friendly towards each other.
- No read on St.Kerrigan.

Now why is the scumteam Equinox + CKD you may ask:
CKD
: His style has changed drastically from the last game. His former-game gambit suggested that he was eager to scum hunt at game beginning ( which is opposite from me actually =P ), while in this game he hardly makes an attempt to scum-hunt, resorting instead to mostly jokes and masochist-like comments while masking himself with votes on the inactives :D.
Equinox:

- #79 was where I begin to suspect Equinox. She arrived when the CKD wagon was rolling and had a lot of evidence to L-1 Vote CKD. Now her vote was okay and all, but immediately after her vote was a clumsy attempt to disprove her own case by questioning CKD's Best Mafia Performance relative to his performance this game. I see no clear-cut reason why she would think of let alone bring out something to mar her own case.
- Her next posts:
Equinox wrote: No, I am not unvoting until you give me what I want. You haven't done that yet.
#88: CKD gave her something she wanted that doesn't make sense to me
#90: Equinox unvotes CKD
--> Looks really theatretical to me.
-
Equinox wrote: I didn't back down because of the claim; I backed down because of curiouskarmadog's tone. 83 and then 88 read like town frustration rather than faked anger.
Neither 83 or 88 reveal signs of anger when I read it. I'm calling fluffs on this explanation.

-
Equinox wrote: nopointinactingup > SaintKerrigan > Vi > curiouskarmadog > VP Baltar > sottyrulez > Equinox

Unfortunately, that spectrum is more town-skewed than I'd like, so that's more NULL -> TOWN than the usual SCUM -> TOWN. <_<

Gonna go read a few games and see if I can pin down my reads on the first three on the list.
This looks especially scummy coming from Equinox:
+ First, Equinox came in and L-1 CKD forcing a claim on CKD. Then, as if her unvoting wasn't scummy enough, she threw CKD at the middle of her spectrum at the town side with no explanation for why Vi looks worse or why CKD suddenly earned so much town cred.
+ Second, Equinox in my book likes playing town much more than she would be playing scum. Thus, her hesitance for a scum read makes me believe that she is in fact speaking from her own knowledge and perspective.
Vote:Equinox.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:56 am

Equinox wrote: After all that build-up, post 137 is a pretty big disappointment.
Equinox, you know very well I don't like Wall-of-Text.
Equinox wrote: tl;dr "CKD isn't playing like his meta, so he's probably scum."
More accurately put, CKD is not playing like his meta, so I have a definite suspicion on him.
Equinox wrote: First point of contention: "...which is opposite from me actually." Are you saying that you were unwilling to participate in the game initially? I understand that you had to go on V/LA for the greater part of the game day, so I apologize if I take your statement the wrong way. However, this piques my interest. Why?
I was on V/LA. I could say that I'm not so passionate in early game, whether I'm willing to participate or not. Why the sudden interest in digressing?
Equinox wrote: Second point of contention: While I agree that CKD not using his town status to maximum advantage is quite worrying, you... seem to disagree with the assessment of the majority here. What about CKD's claim and subsequent posts do you not believe?
Once again you are digressing. I did not state whether I believe in CKD or not. I simply think CKD is acting scummy.
Equinox wrote: I like to think that I am reasonable and will consider all facets of the evidence presented to me. If I feel something potentially throws a wrench in my read of a player, I will say as much unless I'm bluffing my way for a reaction.
If you are still considering the facets and such, why the quick L-1 vote? Your backpedalling suggests that you are uncertain about CKD yet you leave your vote at L-1.
Equinox wrote: This is in bolded green because I'm freaking awesome.
HOW DOES THIS NOT MAKE SENSE?! Isn't this the whole damn point of an interrogation?
You're stretching here, bud.
Ok. I see what you might have been thinking, but such quick change of heart still incriminates you.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:First, Equinox came in and L-1 CKD
forcing a claim on CKD
. Then, as if her unvoting wasn't scummy enough, she threw CKD at the middle of her spectrum at the town side with no explanation for why Vi looks worse or why CKD suddenly earned so much town cred.
Dude. You haven't been reading, have you? I have explained the L-1 and the claim. I have explained how my spectrum works.
So your sole reasoning for strongly believing in CKD-town is him being frustrated?
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:+ Second, Equinox in my book likes playing town much more than she would be playing scum. Thus, her hesitance for a scum read makes me believe that she is in fact speaking from her own knowledge and perspective.
The logic the witness is presenting here is
absolute garbage
faulty.
Whether or not I like an alignment absolutely has no bearing on how I read players. A does not lead to B, which cannot lead to C.
It's not logic, more of a feeling on how you would read other players.
tl;drThank you, sir, for your participation, for you have helped me find the mafia, and his name is
nopointinactingup

VOTE: nopointinactingup
I'll give you one post to undo your scummy OGMUS.

At this point, I do have agree that Equinox's clarification make some sense. Whether or not she actually intends to force a claim on CKD is also dubious. I will need St.K's input to reevaluate my read.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:25 am

Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:More accurately put, CKD is not playing like his meta, so I have a definite suspicion on him.
Agreed that if someone is playing inconsistent to their meta is suspicious. However, you've managed to ignore (what I feel is) most of his
in-game, PRESENT
play in favor of using meta as a basis for your scum read of him. Meta is but a supplement!
No. I did mention him not scum-hunting but resorting to voting inactives.
Equinox wrote: To your points that I am digressing: Funny, I asked you those because how you approached those issues was suspicious, and I wanted a response from you. Calling my points BS worked for CKD. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, SO STOP DODGING.
You are digressing, but I never dodged.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:If you are still considering the facets and such, why the quick L-1 vote? Your backpedalling suggests that you are uncertain about CKD yet you leave your vote at L-1.
I had considered all of the evidence when I put CKD at L-1. I considered MORE evidence that CKD posted following the vote and then unvoted. This again proves you are not reading.
Your evidence are not convincing enough to make me believe your read change was genuine.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:Ok. I see what you might have been thinking, but such quick change of heart still incriminates you.
Don't backpedal, hypocrite. What about the interrogation and my behavior following the results of said interrogation did not make sense to you?
Your "interogation" looks theatrical as I've pointed out. The way you "interogate" is as if you were expecting to Unvote regardless of his answers.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:So your sole reasoning for strongly believing in CKD-town is him being frustrated?
YES.
I'm frustrated.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:It's not logic, more of a feeling on how you would read other players.
lol "it's not logic" :lol:
So you think this game is all about logic? I disagree.
Equinox wrote: Overall, scum are more hesitant to read people, yes. I will even ADMIT that I do that to some degree as scum.

But what I will not do is make up a scum read when I don't have one. As either faction. Null tell for you.
I doubt you have no definite suspicion after that much discussion.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:I'll give you one post to undo your scummy OGMUS.
ITT nopointinactingup realizes I have a case on him and resorts to using buzzwords to discredit it. There's a thread in MD that's totally relevant to this, but I'm too lazy to look.
Look at your "case". There's nothing in there that Implies that I'm scum. It would be natural for you to OGMUS I suppose so I'm only giving you a chance to look back. If you don't, I'll take it as declaration of war and gear myself up for tunneling mode.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:I will need St.K's input to reevaluate my read.
Read. In the SINGULAR.

Why do you need SaintKerrigan's input to get a firm read on... Equinox? Feeling helpless already?
Nopoint shall not be afraid of colors. I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team. Don't feel so self-centered.
[/quote]
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 am

Equinox wrote:
  • I was not digressing.
    You are dodging.
    Now answer the damn questions.
You enjoy being colorful don't you? Quote the question in color and I shall quote the answer in black.
Equinox wrote: [*] Well, obviously the evidence behind my CKD read wasn't convincing enough for you, or else you'd read CKD as town, too.[/*]
Implying?
Equinox wrote: [*] ITT nopointinactingup piggy-backs sottyrulez. Nice try, NPAU; my interrogation is not for theatrics.[/*][/list]
Actually, I correct my previous statement.
ITT NPAU continues to fail. Here is why.

nopointinfailing wrote:I doubt you have no definite suspicion after that much discussion.
sottyrulez was town.
VP Baltar was town.
Vi was town-ish.
SaintKerrigan did not offer any stances for me to analyze, so null.
NPAU was up, up, and awaaaaaayyyyyy. So null.

Who said I had to get scum reads from an argument? SOMETIMES TOWNSPEOPLE BICKER. NEWSFLASH.
The way I see it, our perception of one person changes with our perception of another given the knowledge that there are two scums. For example, if you had really thought Sotty, VP, Vi was town you would have automatically have scum read on St.K and NPAU. The fact that you had no scum read at that time questions the genuineness of your town reads.
Equinox wrote:
  1. You dodge questions. Instead of just answering them like a good little townie and then questioning my motivation for asking, you outright deny the questions and deny the rest of your fellow townsfolk transparency.
    PRO-SCUM MOTIVATION
Cool. Now quote.
Equinox wrote: [*] You backpedaled when I confronted you about a portion of your case.
You are merely piggy-backing a case already made by sottyrulez and therefore cannot explain that particular part of your suspicion.
PRO-SCUM MOTIVATION
[/*]
So ... are you calling yourself Pro-scum for backpedalling on CKD? Backpedalling happens. So ..
-->
Equinox wrote: Deal with it.
I did not piggyback Sotty's case btw. Sotty made a case similar to mine after my post?
Equinox wrote: [*] You have shown REPEATEDLY IN YOUR FIRST WALL that you did not read. What is it that scum do when they see walls made by townies. THEY SKIP THEM. LOLOL.
ANTI-TOWN ACTION
which doesn't help your case because you already have scum points![/list]
There there don't feel bad because I skimmed some of your posts. You think scums are careless then you're in for the shock of a lifetime :D.
Equinox wrote:
nopointingettingreadsrightnow wrote:I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team. Don't feel so self-centered.
I'm a narcissistic jerk. Deal with it.

You do not need SaintKerrigan's input to get reads. The rest of us were able to get town, null, and (YES AND) scum reads.
Why can't you? Too reluctant?
[/quote]
No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:22 am

Vi wrote:
npau wrote:I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team.
I would actually like some elaboration here.
And you will get your elaborations when St.K talks.
Vi wrote: Cut--
npau wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
Calling the team is fun! but has a nasty tendency to not work.
And... wait.
npau wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would
further
disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
:?:
Didn't I say I agree with some of what Equinox is saying? I have no qualm with continuing my tunneling mode like the last game if you insist.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 am

Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup

Why, yes, I enjoy being colorful. Now why are you so reluctant to go back and fetch the questions yourself? Reading my OH VERY ACCURATE WALLS getting too painful for you? I've been there, too, you know.
I've been there too .. except it was amusing. Let's just say I don't like doing the fetch duty. Why don't you just do it and I'll give you a cookie?
Equinox wrote: I do not use process of elimination on Day 1. Only overconfident fools do that. Now, I may have a town read on someone, but I won't stamp scum reads on someone just because I have X out of Y town reads; someone has to, you know,
actually be scummy
Day1 is stretching. 6 people is enough to use POE. And I don't expect you to stamp scum stickers on others heads in case you accidentally stamp them on yourself because you have so many town reads. The sense of balance, however, exists in you and regulates you whether you want it or not
someone has to, you know,
actually be scummy
Hence my demand on an St.K's input which you seem to be striving to prevent.
Equinox wrote: That your point that I was being "theatrical" about my read of CKD is bullshit. Not to mention easily disproven by the fact that you didn't find that evidence convincing in the first place, which means any conclusions contrary to yours that I drew wouldn't have felt genuine.
Exactly, I don't feel it genuine even if you do. Your point?
Now, I didn't backpedal with my read of CKD. I got a new read given new evidence. See, that's not the same as your situation; you just put your hands in the air when I shot at you, and I didn't even bring any evidence to the table. That, my friend, is backpedaling. Nice to meet you, too, Pot.
[/quote]

It took you a while of "weeee everyone is town" to find anything new. And guess what, I can look for stuff if I want to, do feel honored I did not make you fetch them.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
I almost yelled at you for looking for scum teams without getting a flip first, but you weren't the first to do that.
That's how I play. Yell if you believe I can hear you.
Equinox wrote: We're ALL waiting on SaintKerrigan. What we are not doing is discounting our reads just because he isn't here. You, however, did.
Revolution in scum hunting don't you agree?

@Vi: I think it has both merits and flaws.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:49 am

Read page 6,7. There's plenty of elaboration.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 am

Yes. Else I'd unvote you asap.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:41 pm

Okay ... St.K made all these posts to incriminate Equinox then voted me. Cognitive Dissonance alert!
SaintKerrigan wrote: The nopoint vote has (or should have) served it's purpose.
Huh? You unvoted before I could say anything, so unless the purpose is to make yourself scummy ..
VP Baltar wrote: @nopoint - What is your past experience with ckd? Just the last game we had?
Yup. I only know Equi and St.K previous to the game.
Vi wrote:I have to admit this is the first time I've seen someone say that their own case has flaws and still continue with it. I don't know what to do with it.

Yet.
"Has flaws" =/= "is flawed"
VP Baltar wrote:@npau - I would like your thoughts on players who are not Equinox...namely everyone else. Also, if you're town, I would have thought you would have learned how bad tunnel mode is from the last game. :?
I'm trying here bro and the Equinox colorful Wallotext irritation doesn't help :igmeou:. Btw, I've listed my general feelings at the start of my catch up post.
sottyrulez wrote:If a single response can incline you to unvote, your reasoning for said vote is NOT strong.
Word. How about some opinion on St.K's post?
Equinox wrote: To be specific: If mafia get to L-1,
they're more likely to be calm about it because the case against them is largely correct.
If town get to L-1 and for reasons they feel are stupid, they're going to get mad. Can scum fake their anger? Of course. However, I felt that CKD was being genuine. (I still believe he's town, but I have reservations until he posts content again.)

tl;dr I don't take that as one response from CKD but two, but I suppose we can agree to disagree on this one.
So scums under pressure is more calm than a town? I hereby sentence Equinox's opinion to eternal imprisonment :evil:
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:19 pm

Vi wrote:npau.
There's something beyond that "Yet." you quoted. Please at least acknowledge it.
Meh?
SaintKerrigan wrote: I thought the fact that I
hadn't
talked about nopoint in a scummy way prior to that would be a clue that I wasn't trying to lynch him, but I guess the dress code around here is uberliteralface. :P
Right .. :roll:

@St.K: I take your post #182 as more of defensive and being frustrated at Vi rather than really thinking Vi is scum. The fact that you are persisting with your non-existent case on Vi is terribly scummy.
SaintKerrigan wrote:@VP: Looking back, it probably isn't OMGUS, but I didn't know how else to describe it. Essentially, Vi has taken to the bad habit of overreacting to bad things people say about him, first with sottyrulez, and now me.
When I posted the first part of my catchup post, Vi completely ignores the fact that the catchup is incomplete
(even though half of his arguments are easily answered by realizing that my catchup was incomplete),
misinterprets my nopoint vote completely (although, to be fair, it seems like everyone and their grandmother is doing that so I can't really hold it against him)
, and
calls my complaints about the large amount of walls a scumtell
. Honestly, is any of this actually decent reasoning?

Why do you think my Vi case sucks?
Because you are saying Vi is wrong, not Vi is scum.
1> I would have also missed such subtle interpretation. Why make it such a big deal?
2> So that's not really a scum point at all since the majority has the same opinion.
3> This is a matter of personal opinion, not alignment.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:38 pm

Vi wrote:
me wrote: 3> This is a matter of personal opinion, not alignment.
Elaborate on this too. It's ambiguous right now.
Whether walls of texts are scummy or not
me wrote: is a matter of personal opinion, not alignment.
Happy?
curiouskarmadog wrote: how did my play style work out last game?...I also had a power role then too....this posting seems awful narrow minded. Also, could there be any other reason I am acting this way?....can you think of any reason my I brought my change in playstyle up earlier in the thread?
How should I know @@. A clear possibility is because you have different alignment this time around.
nopointinactingup wrote:More accurately put, CKD is not playing like his meta, so I have a definite suspicion on him.
Sweet shit, I love posts like this…please, do tell me what my meta is?...since you must have checked a couple games (to include my last mafia role from a year ago)…you must have a solid understanding of my meta…please explain..how do I play as town?...is there any difference between a town vanilla or town power in my play? any games you read that you feel demostrates your theory well?
Sorry I don't stalk. What I meant is meta from the previous game.
Vi wrote: npau dodging pointed questions after his Equinox+ckd case didn't take hold and St.K's general existence actually lends itself to this a bit.
Neither am I dodging or you are being pointed.
Vi wrote: npau: lol ckd and Equinox are scum
Equinox: NUH-UH
npau: well okay you might be scum, i'll wait for sk
Equinox: NUH-UH
npau: shut up i'm waiting for sk
Everyone: WHY
npau: i like calling the team
Vi: WHAT WOULD SK CHANGE
npau: if i don't like my equinox case at some point i'll unvote
Vi: and do what
npau: ...
Vi: *cough*
npau: meh (210)
This isn't accurate.
Two things. One, the part about calling the team doesn't ring true with me. Actual quote:
npau 157 wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
Notice that Equinox and ckd are necessarily scum
together
So ?
Second and following that, there is deliberately no mention of secondary suspicions if Equinox&&ckd doesn't fit his model. It thus seems somewhat unsurprising that he attacked St.K, although apparently Inspector K isn't scummy enough to unvote Equinox.
I thought you were better at reading.
nopointinactingup POST 1 wrote:Yo. I'm back!
- The scums are likely Equinox/CKD.
- Vi has a completely different vibe from the way he was last game ( dunno if it's the ava :) ). His over committed defense for Equinox also looks town.
- At first I suspected VP + SR of playing the distancing card at the start because their points against each other were so trivial until post #54, 55, 56 dispelled my suspicion to a large extent. However, I'm still noting this possibility as they have recently gotten inexplicably friendly towards each other.

- No read on St.Kerrigan.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:53 pm

Vi wrote:Blanket statements are extremely convincing.
Vi wrote:So scumhunting that doesn't work and is on the verge of being abandoned, yet still consciously kept up with. EXTREMELY TOWNISH BEHAVIOR.
Thanks.
Vi wrote:And you're saying nothing has changed since your first real post?
I didn't say that. Why do you think so?
VP Baltar wrote:
SK wrote:Vi has taken to the bad habit of overreacting to bad things people say about him
Good things too.
Vi wrote:
Where the hell is Equinox? Where the hell is SK? I thought I was moving toward being the laziest player in this thread.
I think Equinox's sig should explain her. npau is antisocial and only posts at like 2 in the morning.
Antisocial =/= posting at 2 a.m =/= posting at 2 a.m in my time zone.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #13) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 am

VP Baltar wrote:
Vi wrote:Do tell.
If I was making a scum to town list immediately, it would read
[SK, Sottyrulez]
, nopoint, Equinox, Vi, Ckd.
This is also one of the possibility I've been thinking about.
sottyrulez wrote:
Unvote, Vote:Equinox
sottyrulez wrote:We'll make this simple. We're waiting for a response to 213, and we're fed up with your thread dodging.
I think that can hardly be called thread dodging. And the vote coming with it looks opportunistic.
Equinox wrote:
Preview edit: Someone complained about too many anime avatars. I obliged.
No complaints so far for me =)
Equinox wrote:(I'm in class. Good job on making me miss important stuff for this.)
That is not a slip. CKD has town status. How have I determined this? In case you've missed all the times I've called CKD town while defending myself (which I'm sure you have),
I firmly believe CKD is town
. Firmly. Believe. Is that certainty going to affect how I treat him? Yes, it will.
I think your 180 degrees read change is alarming. Added to the fact that you had many town reads at that time just does not make sense.
Equinox wrote:Apparently, I cannot type or edit. I found a number of grammatical errors and typos in that post... oh, well.
sottyrulez wrote:He dodged questions? I missed that.
Can you direct me to the post in question?
NPAU said I was "digressing" and outright refused to answer them, and I called him out on it for not being transparent. IIRC, he eventually answered one of them and never answered the second one.
Equinox wrote: I chuckled. Thanks for that, Vi.
You chuckled, implying it has been grossly exagerated
Equinox wrote: I hope you're fucking joking, NPAU. Really. My bigger hope is that you'll flip scum, but I suppose I'll have to wait on that one.
And you are saying this because ... ?
Equi wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:If I was making a scum to town list immediately, it would read [SK, Sottyrulez], nopoint, Equinox, Vi, Ckd.
Uh... I can't think of any other way to word this.

Why is sottyrulez that high on your list?

Yay. I'm caught up. I need to put a rain check on my spectrum (more like top X suspects now) until I've calmed down from some NPAU-hate. That post REALLY bugged me.
What makes you think SR is town? So far you've only been saying it and preemptively defending the fact that you're saying it.
Vi wrote: Day 1 in Pie E7 has two goals.
*Lynch scum
*Failing the above, prevent the scum from learning who the power roles are

I believe at this point we've failed utterly at the latter. Therefore I want to
massclaim
here and now before the scum team can plan for it together. This way we can have a better chance at the former, since it's either that or nothing. Given that literally everyone is suspected by someone given the vote count and has a not-so-small chance of being lynched - plus the notion that scum have seen as much of the softclaiming as I have ITT - confirming the power roles Today wouldn't be a waste. Of course I've already worked out the best-plays for various outcomes but I'm not going to go into that now.

Ideally curiouskarmadog can pick the first person to claim, since he has already claimed and nobody actually seems to think he's scum.
Give your thoughts on the advantages of claiming and how it is the best course of action. Or else you are blatantly role fishing one way or another.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 23, 2010 7:43 pm

lewarcher82 wrote:Well, this sure is a very intense game... I apologise if u will find I am too synthetic, but I do hate Walls, sorry bout that. I am quoting only the necessary.
Which turns out to be a wall. But I don't blame you for the inevitable. Welcome to the game.
lewarcher82 wrote: What Equi is referring to is the fact that she did not force the claim.
I may have worded it wrong, Equinox hoping for a claim would be more precise.
Vi wrote: *npau reads "massclaim" because it's in bolded
*npau stops reading rest of paragraph and accuses Vi of rolefishing
*Vi slow-claps
If you don't bother to respond then answer why you refuse to go into the pros and cons of mass claiming before trying to convince us to do so?
lewarcher82 wrote: Post #270: NPAU, I do not think that Vi is trying to rolefish with a massclaim, common. You guys define yourselves elite-players. I bet he knows better than this, if he is scum.
Read my response to his massclaim suggestion carefully.
Question: Who do you think is most likely Equi's partner?
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Vi wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:
Vi wrote:*npau reads "massclaim" because it's in bolded
*npau stops reading rest of paragraph and accuses Vi of rolefishing
*Vi slow-claps
If you don't bother to respond then answer why you refuse to go into the pros and cons of mass claiming before trying to convince us to do so?
It's possible, albeit unlikely, for the massclaim to backfire. But I don't want to go into explicit theoretical detail about the pros and cons so as to sway how scum should re/act.

Everything you need to know is mentioned in that paragraph. If you're too lazy to read it again, here it is in even shorter form.
*Pros:
Massclaim occurs before scum can coordinate it, massclaim is not as likely to hurt Town because the power roles are very likely to be obvious by this point
, it will make it more likely for us to lynch scum D1 (at which point it will become much easier for Town to win).
*Cons: The scum will definitely know who the power roles are, as opposed to
probably
knowing who the power roles are.
Unvote.Vote:Vi
for the underlined part. Since my role should be obvious if I express suspicion of Vi's massclaim suggestion. I'm outing myself as
Town Doctor
. However,
I suggest we end massclaim
at me in order not to reveal our investigative role.

Now the reason Vi is rolefishing "one way or another":
- Massclaiming today is detrimental to town in that no town PR will be effective at night.
- Vi could not possibly have seen who the obvious town PRs are.
- The point of the underlined post was a rolefish within a rolefish. PRs like me will know that it is fluffs and thus, expressed disagreement with Vi's massclaim suggestion, therefore outing ourselves to Vi.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am

Vi wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:Now the reason Vi is rolefishing "one way or another":
- Massclaiming today is detrimental to town in that no town PR will be effective at night.
- Vi could not possibly have seen who the obvious town PRs are.
- The point of the underlined post was a rolefish within a rolefish. PRs like me will know that it is fluffs and thus, expressed disagreement with Vi's massclaim suggestion, therefore outing ourselves to Vi.
-If we don't lynch scum, yes. But then that's not different from what happened last game, and Town had a good shot then. In any event, this massclaim IS our best chance at lynching scum Today for reasons that will become apparent at the end.
-Dead wrong.
-See above.
Were you sure I'm a power role? If so why? Why did you mention that you know who the PRs are?
Vi wrote: And yes, I want the Cop to claim, speaking as a
vanilla
. To the scum, the Cop is 100% known at this point, so there's no backing down now.
Even assuming you are telling the truth, the scum would still have to take a 50/50 at 2 of [Equi, Lewarcher, Sotty, St.K]. That's not 100%.

Unvote.
SPEAK.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:21 am

Resorting to blank statement now?
Why not answer and if your answer is satisfying, we'll proceed to massclaim.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 am

Let's here others' thoughts on Massclaim or not.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am

EBWOP: hear*
which reminds me:
lewarcher82 wrote:( I forgot: English Second Language here, I apologise for any mistakes).
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 am

Vi wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:Let's here others' thoughts on Massclaim or not.
I think that would be unwise.

It would not be a complete loss for me to stop now and reveal what I'm trying to do. However, it would blunt the effectiveness of the strategy.
Would you like for me to do that?
I want to hear others thoughts, not follow others' thoughts. Why not more input? Your strategy can wait. Just do nothing for now since I've already unvoted you.
Incidentally, npau, where do you live?
[/quote]
Where your 2 a.m is 2 p.m.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:45 am

Ok. So right now we can either
1> Lynch Lewarcher or SR
2> Lynch St.K

I'll give my thoughts tomorrow after a reread.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 am

ZOMG, Shotty roleblocked me and killed ... Vi =)
sottyrulez wrote:By the way, I'm sorry for suspecting you Equinox...
QFT ^^
Zachrulez wrote:Well VP had to replace out because of an accident that was my fault... blah.

Basically I was sorting through thoughts to Sotty, but I didn't pay attention to the messenger window and sent said messages to VP instead. (They made our alignment obvious.) VP was unable to continue without revealing his alignment to us as a result, so he had to replace out.

I feel so bad about the whole thing.
xD What would you have done VP?

So once again my reads were straight off the path. But Vi saves the day I guess :D. After some of Equinox's crazy posts I didn't think Equinox was scum any more and started working on my failed [Vi-CKD] theory xD, until Vi's benchmark post ofcourse.
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Open Games”