Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'll be leaving you guys in the capable hands of Faraday for a little while. I'm off to go get married and then have a nice tropical honeymoon. Should be back in fortnight. Good hunting.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2664 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Seacore »

I'll start working on posting all the Role PMs...

I'm glad people enjoyed the flavour. In Faraday, I've found somebody who loves the books as much as I do.

And holy shit, I just saw Percy's sig, SA3? For people who like awesome flavour, pre /in to the fucker right there, it'll be awesome.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2674 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Seacore »

diddin wrote:MOD I was wondering all game: Was I supposed to be a miller character of sorts?

I don't think Faraday and I ever outright discussed this, but in my mind, yes.

Similarly, there was Tyrion on the scum's side, who could claim that Tyrion was a good guy, not scum.

It was put in there to make the namecop less than absolute, and I was personally happy with the way it resolved. What are your thoughts diddin?
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2675 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:19 pm

Post by Seacore »

Themes

Day 1 - Hand of the King (elect a double voter)

Day 2 - Mob attack (secret voting to remove PR ability for the whole game and remove vote ability for the day)

Day 3 - Sept prayer (vote for mod confirm)

Day 4 - Wildfire (double lynch)

Day 5 - Royal Wedding (private QT threads during the day)

Okay, the themes went well, I thought.

The awesomeness of the Mob attack was diverted by CSL's random VT claim. That worked well for town, so good for him.

The sept prayer nominations didn't work as we expected, we needed to alter the rules to prevent everybody from nominating themselves

Royal wedding didn't happen because we thought it would be disruptive instead of interesting.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Seacore »

If people really want to discuss the draw issue, please go here
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2679 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by Seacore »

Finally, before I actually do some work today, I'd like to thank (most) people for playing. Thanks for appreciating the work we put into the flavour text and just the overall flavour of the game.

A Song of Swords is being worked on. Faraday is reigning in some of my more whacky ideas (for the betterment of everybody). Don't bother to pre in yet, we'll come to you when we're closer to the game.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2682 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Seacore »

Well I'll tell you one thing that doesn't happen in the books Thor, Tyrion Lannister does not treaty with Victarion Greyjoy and split the kingdom in two.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2685 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:12 pm

Post by Seacore »

Cow, I don't blame you for the win condition issue. Like Faraday said, much better it be brought up earlier than later.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

I wonder if there's a scummies award for game with the most active graveyard.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2694 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:46 pm

Post by Seacore »

Jaquen H'gar and Barristen Selmy were my two favourite PRs.

What did people think of the mason recruiter?

An original idea I had was that Barristen could invite one person a night, and by inviting them, it confirmed them as town. If he ever invited scum, everybody in the kingsguard died.

We decided that was far too swingy.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2702 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by Seacore »

Magna, first of al, well played, I enjoyed watching your actions and reading your thoughts in the QT after everybody died.

But I think you missed a chance to win outright.

After you helped save Mac's life and got Unsight lynched. And after you and Mac killed the rest of the kingsguard, you still came out heavily supportive of Mac.

I think if you'd done things a little bit differently, you would have won.

For example.

You came out demanding CSL's head, that wasn't a bad move, but I think you could have reigned it in a little. In doing so, you could have allowed yourself to be convinced that Macavitar was the best lynch of the day. Once Mac was dead, you would then have killed diddin that Night.
Next day you would have had Thor in your corner, you would either have convinced Richard, or it would have gone to a no lynch.

It's a bit more hypothetical if it got to the no lynch, I would have killed thor and tried to convince richard that CSL did that, but whatever.

An argument against that action might have been "But just as CSL had to know that MoI was scum, town-MoI would have had to know CSL was scum" that's true, but CSL was so murky that if you'd looked as scummy as CSL, everybody would likely have settled on the Mac lynch.

Please don't read this as a criticism of your play, I thought you did really well. It was just that when you and Mac wiped out the kingsguard, that's the plan that popped into my head and I said to myself, I said self "MoI has won this"
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2739 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Seacore »

I personally think the flavour worked well. The two scum teams had warnings that there was a namecop out there, both godfathers had it suggested in their role PMs, so that doesn't bother me too much.

One point of flavour that I wish we didn't do was the kill flavour. I don't think I'll ever use kill flavour again, it's far too helpful to town.

As for the roles, I don't think the town was stacked too heavily. Between the jailkeeper and the doc, only one protection actually came into play, and that ended up protecting one godfather from the other scum team. The only other time protection came into play was when scum were trying to guess where the protection would sit, which was why some really tempting NK targets didn't get targeted. In a large theme game, I don't think two protection roles is over powered, the number game makes it too unlikely.

And Mina said above, three kills a night. Actually, Day 2 could potentially have started with 20 players, that's 6 dead. Granted, the day vig would have to have shot, and Renly would have needed to be lynched (but that almost happened).
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2746 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Seacore »

Mina wrote:Also, just a question. How did the godfather role work with no alignment cop? Was it just a red herring? Would Locke have got a fake result (for example, danakillsu as Brynden Tully)?
Yep, 'Godfathers' would be investigated as their fake claim.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2752 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

I think there's possibly an useful distinction here.

1) Looking townish because you are actively participating in pro-town activities, the primary of which is obviously scum hunting.

2) Looking townish because you're trying not to upset people or make any waves.

I want people to do 1), and will probably try and lynch people who do 2)

I find it difficult to play with people who don't engage with reasonable questions. "Why do you think X is scum?" "You changed your vote from Y to Z after those last two posts, what in them made you change your mind?"

People who respond to those kinds of questions look townie to me. People who ignore them or say "I just know" "It's fucking obvious" or just quote stuff to me... it makes it hard to engage and hard to trust them. That is where I think players like Unsight fell down. He may have been actively and effectively scumhunting. But there was no trust built up.
Compare that to a player like Mina, even one who was wrong a whole bunch. She spelled out why she had reached the conclussions she'd reached. So each time she made a case, I could assess her thoughts and from that decide whether she was scummy or not as well as whether her 'target' was scummy or not.

There's also the issue that I secretly want dick players to be scum so I can lynch them. Benmage, I'm looking in your direction.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:59 pm

Post by Seacore »

I just mean generally.

I don't mean that necesarily offensively either, and you're not alone, so I probably shouldn't have singled you out. There are a lot of players on this site that don't seem to realise that town is actively harmed by being 'unpleasant'

I'm not saying everybody needs to be placating and worried about upsetting people. But I've been in games where (later flipped) townies refused to explain why they were voting for people. And when they were later lynched, their response was "idiots, I told you that Blah was scum, and you lynched me!"

Ultimately, pro-town behaviour is engaging in the discussion, revealing all of your motivations and reasons and participating in questioning the motivations and reasons of others. Yes, there are some circumstances when you need to be sneaky, often when PRs are involved, but most of the time, explain why you're doing what you're doing. That to me is scum hunting while looking town.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by Seacore »

Anybody want to jump into a mini normal I'm running, it has such stars as Benmage and LynchMePls. Day 2 is almost over.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:12 pm

Post by Seacore »

Lol
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (isolation #17) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Seacore »

Me to,

Specifically Stewie Griffin's
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2806 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Post by Seacore »

** SPOILER ALERT **

Well, not quite here, but posts below might have spoilers for people who haven't read the books.

Faraday and I are hard at work designing the next game. And we'd be interested in your thoughts as dedicated fans of the series. Who are your favourite characters is A Storm of Swords? What were your favourite scenes?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”