Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:09 am

Post by Faraday »

'on the nose' what does that mean?
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by Percy »

It doesn't mean what I thought it meant. I meant that I think going defensive to grab the sub is all well and good, but you making the
same
error and ending up with an effectively untestable claim...? And the not claiming yesterday.... And I don't think it's a very pro-town thing to pick, also....

I stand by my strong townread of Hinduragi, and though I have doubts about Zhero and Calcifer, the more I think about it the more I like Faraday as the last scum.

Vote: Faraday
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:43 am

Post by Faraday »

Well the fact my claim is untestable isn't a big deal is it? I mean if I had a nuke I'd have used it by now, saving it till LYLO as scum is all well and good but if you don't make it to LYLO. Add to that the fact I was considered pro town by nearly everyone and I'm wondering why you'd think I'd pull this gambit as scum? There doesn't seem to be any motivation for scumme to do any of this that I can see apart from the hope of an easy LYLO...? But I think I could have easily nuked either zhero or you today as scum anyway, setting up a 1/1 against the other which I think I could win.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:37 am

Post by Zhero »

I agree that this is the best choice for a lynch, I'd like Hinduragi to chime in first though.
-Zhero
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

I've had a strong townread on Faraday since D1 in his arguement. I don't see scum motivation to be that obvious D1 in pushing a mislynch. He did defend me against RC too. Why would a scumbuddy go against his other scumbuddy's case? I mean, by process of elimination, Faraday seems like a good lynch, yes. But by gut and some analysis, I can't say the same.

Zhero, why do you want me specifically to chime in? What about Calcifer?
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Zhero »

Calcifer's presumably okay with the lynch, he's voting for Faraday and has posted since the flip. You seem less certain and mentioned making the time after the flip count, so I thought it'd be silly to fly through the hammer.

I feel the same way about Faraday's earlier play, though his later play not as much.
-Zhero
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by Calcifer »

I also thought Faraday was Townie D1, but PoEing is 1000x better than D1 reads.

I think Faraday's death will be the Town victory, so I don't see why we're stalling. We have 2 lynches to go by. If, for some god forsaken reason, we make it to D5 I think it'll be easier to smoke out scum through PoE.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Faraday »

But you're alread apparently smoking out scum through POE. Jesus christ.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by Faraday »

HERP DERP HE'S SO TOWN LET'S LOLLYNCH HIM. FUcking hell I can't decide between Percy and Zhero.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Post by Faraday »

Vote Zhero
it's quite obviously either him or Percy. I won't be voting for anyone else.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:39 pm

Post by Faraday »

Bleh Percy makes more sense logically I guess, but It'd not surprise me for socio to rage @ zhero in the quicktopic either.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Percy »

FUCK.

Unvote

I have lost my conviction, drowning in WIFOM. Faraday sounds genuine. Zhero "waiting for Hinduragi" seems... I don't know. Goddamnit! Re-reading and posting within 24 hours.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Zhero »

Percy wrote:Faraday sounds genuine.
This is my problem too. I'm worried that something's being overlooked with all this PoE going around. I'll try to get a reread in today as well, I guess.
Faraday wrote:Bleh Percy makes more sense logically I guess, but It'd not surprise me for socio to rage @ zhero in the quicktopic either.
Is the case on Percy anything more than PoE?

Socio's a good player, while I can easily see him raging in the QT like that I can't see him calling me out by name.
-Zhero
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by Percy »

Faraday has done my head in. I've seen quite a few last minute pleas, and this one feels like the real deal.

I think Hinduragi and Calcifer are town for reasons I've stated before. Still,
Zhero wrote:Socio's a good player, while I can easily see him raging in the QT like that I can't see him calling me out by name.
This is making me think twice about Zhero. See, I've been trying to ignore my Eavesdrop results for a while, because they are a big sack of WIFOM. Zhero bringing this up now seems a little odd. Add to that the fact that I've had dropped messages that suggest that Faraday is town, and it's not a consistent picture. And his read on me is even stranger:
Zhero wrote:A Percy nuke wouldn't be the worst anyway, he's 3rd in my books.
Zhero wrote:Is the case on Percy anything more than PoE?
These just don't fit together nicely.

Fuck. I'm so goddamned confused. I am going to go with my gut on Faraday here and
Vote: Zhero
. If Zhero isn't scum, I'd say it's almost certainly Calcifer.
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by Calcifer »

Why would Zhero block Sociopath's Nuke then? That nuke would have won them the game, methinks.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Post by Percy »

They couldn't use it today, because if Sociopath launched it we would have lynched him or nuked him back - and we killed him anyway. If we mislynched we'd be dead anyway. The nuke ended up being useless in terms of helping the scum win. Blocking Sociopath gets Zhero towncred, as Faraday postulated.

What do you think of Faraday, Calcifer? Is it PoE or not?
Calcifer
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Calcifer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:58 pm

Post by Calcifer »

The way I see it, it's either Faraday or Zhero, with Faraday being a bit worse with the flailing and PoE. (I'm not sure what you're seeing that you think he's being genuine.)

I know Zhero could have used that sack of WIFOM...but I think that it's a bit too elaborate of a plan especially with your Eavesdrop hovering about.
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:42 pm

Post by Hinduragi »

Percy wrote:They couldn't use it today, because if Sociopath launched it we would have lynched him or nuked him back - and we killed him anyway. If we mislynched we'd be dead anyway. The nuke ended up being useless in terms of helping the scum win. Blocking Sociopath gets Zhero towncred, as Faraday postulated.
No, if he had launched when he was getting lynched/nuked, it'd be another townie dead. But, there's also the chance Zhero would've been lynched. The deciding factor is whether or not they couldve predicted whether we'd go for Zhero or Socio. The Zhero block makes it obviously a Socio choice once the nuke was tested.

I still think Faraday is town, even through PoE. I tried to use PoE in one of my games that just ended and it made me lose. Ironically, the scumteam said my gut calls were right on.

/cue Calc hydra's players
Percy wrote:If Zhero isn't scum, I'd say it's almost certainly Calcifer.
I don't think we should plan a lynch for the next day before the flip for this one is over.

Zhero, I'm willing to hammer but I want to hear what you have to say about this game before I do. The deadline is Monday and I am not sure whether or not this thing I'll be at is ending before 11pm, so I'm going to hammer before today is up.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:15 am

Post by Zhero »

Percy wrote:This is making me think twice about Zhero. See, I've been trying to ignore my Eavesdrop results for a while, because they are a big sack of WIFOM. Zhero bringing this up now seems a little odd. Add to that the fact that I've had dropped messages that suggest that Faraday is town, and it's not a consistent picture.
Huh? That was in response to Faraday bringing it up, and also about the dropped message, not about your Eavesdrop.
Percy wrote:And his read on me is even stranger:
Zhero wrote:A Percy nuke wouldn't be the worst anyway, he's 3rd in my books.
Zhero wrote:Is the case on Percy anything more than PoE?
These just don't fit together nicely.
Yes, you are third, past my town-reads on Calcifer/Hinduragi. The reason I asked Faraday that is because he continuously puts the two of us as almost-equal lynch choices, despite him having a town read on you and a vote on me through most of the game.
Hinduragi wrote:Zhero, I'm willing to hammer but I want to hear what you have to say about this game before I do. The deadline is Monday and I am not sure whether or not this thing I'll be at is ending before 11pm, so I'm going to hammer before today is up.
Fair enough, wish I'd played a better game. Good luck in Day 5!
-Zhero
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Vote: Zhero

Well, you outlined your reads, which is kinda what I was going for.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Zhero »

Still town, btw.
-Zhero
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:53 pm

Post by Percy »

Just did a complete re-read from the beginning.

Hey
@Calcifer
Percy wrote:I still don't quite understand the thinking with the claim, though. Calcifer knew Enigma targeted me, and he concluded from the flavour that I'm town. I can see why you might be concerned that Enigma was using a scum ability, but what if he was the cop, or some other townie power role (which it turns out he was)? They're saying it was all a big mistake, but I'm still not 100%.
Response? Because I'm still not getting it. Flavour suggests (obliquely) that I'm town. You therefore conclude that anyone who targets me is scum? Nobody knew that information before you got your result. How can it retroactively justify your conclusions as to Enigma's alignment?

Also, where did your scumread of Hinduragi go? You're confident he's scum after your(Vas') re-read, and again after a second re-read, then there's the Zhero drop and the fakeclaim crap, he jumps on SpyreX, targets RedCoyote with his Radar ability despite barely saying one word about him before(!), and his case on Hinduragi is gone. Vanished. He's instead been on Faraday's case today for (what I estimate are) not very good reasons (for reference: mine were much better), and points to PoE when called on a contradiction with early townreads of him. Faraday was rightly frustrated at your response.

How can you, why would you rule Hinduragi out by PoE? When did it become "Faraday or Zhero"? When you saw that suspicion was clustering on both of them, so it made more sense to represent today as a (false) choice between these two players, is why. Because then you can push the mislynch on them the next day! Brilliant!

In summary: Calcifer is the last scum.

If I'm right, then I'm sorry, Zhero. I got to my re-read too late to save you.
(If I'm wrong and you're scum, then I'm not sorry, and I thank my past self for not being so doubtful.)
((If I'm wrong and you're town, then I'm giving up playing mafia.))

Hinduragi and Faraday are now solid town for me. I will not vote for them. If I'm alive tomorrow and we haven't won, I'll be voting Calcifer as soon as day breaks.

There's nothing else to be said, really. Night all.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

What the hell are you doing Percy? Seriously, I did not want to lynch Zhero today because he
fucking nukeblocked a scumbag
. Hinduragi is obviously Town because he actually
fucking nuked a scumbag
. You are expressing doubt on me now from what I said way way way way back D2 when this game is so powerheavy it hurts? Regarding my disappearance: I was thinking that 'oh wait, this game is obviously over. Faraday is scum. I've got a shit ton of other games to play and am struggling to balance stuff.'

How the hell is Faraday Town from that flailing on Zhero? All you're giving me is 'Oh he's being genuine.' Seriously, He was pointing out a mega conspiracy theory that
does not make sense
with the risk your role floating about. One wrong roll RNG, and boom conspiracy theory outed, Zhero and Sociopath are definitely tied together. Zhero already claimed his ability D2. If that thing ever slipped on your Eavesdrop, they are dead, both of them. I seriously don't think that given how conservative Zhero seems to be as a player, I don't think he would even risk that have even risked that.

No, that does not make sense at all especially since Sociopath was nowhere near getting lynched(plus he can defend himself quite well.), nor getting nuked if it weren't for Hinduragi(who was more interested in nuking you prior to the day he nuked Socio). I think that scum were banking on him to actually attempt to nuke you again there.

On RedCoyote: If you saw how lynch hungry he was D2 with the wagons on me and Enigma and Hinduragi were floating about D2, you'd target him too.

Bah, fuck. I'll go over the damn game after the night. Percy, if you are Town this is
ridiculous
. You are letting obvscum Faraday get away. He is flailing and using bad conspiracy theories because he simply does not have a choice! This is ridiculous.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:32 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Response? Because I'm still not getting it. Flavour suggests (obliquely) that I'm town. You therefore conclude that anyone who targets me is scum? Nobody knew that information before you got your result. How can it retroactively justify your conclusions as to Enigma's alignment?
We've been through this before. Andy thought that Enigma was scum(gut) and was threatening him with his result.(Reaction fishing.) How the hell is this bad again, exactly?

(Also, Fuck posting in hydras.)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:36 pm

Post by VasudeVa »

Also, triple post because THIS IS RIDIC: Also don't you think that it would make more sense for us to be active when there were nukes be flying, if we were scum? Don't you think that, maybe, Socio with the nukes is the more important dude given that he can help us win in LyLo?

And what do I have to gain from expressing (at least some) doubt on Zhero's alignment, as scum? I would have dropped tha hammah on that shit way before you even STARTED expressing suspicion on me, given that he was L-1 for a long long long fucking time.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”