Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:58 am

Post by Equinox »

Still getting bigger...

Second wall: sottyrulez
, part 1

(I'm reserving my comments on sottyrulez-Vi until I've reread later today. Everything else I've promised to do for this game will wait until that is finished.)
sottyrulez wrote:The fact is Equinox put CKD at lynch -1. Site meta dictates, that if you don't want a claim or a lynch DON'T PUT SOMEONE AT LYNCH -1. I know this, Vi knows this, Equinox knows this.
Yeah. Yeah, I know claims come into play at L-1.
But I had just made the argument that I had a fair expectation out of putting CKD at L-1 that does not involve CKD claiming.
Did you skip post 135?
We agree that this is an elite player list, yet for some reason we can't agree that we hold HIGHER EXPECTATIONS of such experienced players. A leads to B, don't you think?
sottyrulez wrote:Yet she unvotes for tone. It was too easy, she clearly wasn't committed to her vote. Why?
That was by no means an easy decision. It took more than one post from CKD before I could decide to stamp "TOWNIE" on him and let him go, but I was already wavering by post 87 because of how CKD had reacted.

I present Newbie 960 as evidence that my behavior towards CKD in this game matches my town meta.
Yeah, "meta sucks," etc., etc. (Blatantly stolen from CKD.) In that game, I reread more than several pages to get reads on Day 1 because Sotty7 wasn't happy that I was fence-sitting. My conclusion was that NomDePlume was scum, and I'd built a pretty big case for that. NDP presented a one-post rebuttal, after which I felt my case was poorly founded and I dropped it.
The fact that Sotty7 has missed this part AND THEN PRESENTED THE GAME AS EVIDENCE makes me wonder if she isn't simply pushing.
Keep in mind that this presentation of evidence has no bearing on my future behavior! I am citing the past, not the future.

sottyrulez wrote:Vi knows the set up. She knows how this works and yet no bad words for Equinox at all in her first reaction post.
I had asked Vi about this as well. Vi explained it to my satisfaction in post 108, and Vi has continued to cement this in further posts. I do not think those posts qualify for the "For No Reason" category of defending.
sottyrulez wrote:It is my belief that scum are much more likely to unvote at townie when they are at lynch-1 because they know the claim to be true.

This is what Equinox did.

This is the main reason we find her scummy.
I agree with this assessment, and I have scum seen do such things. However, I have also seen town do it (never mind that I do it often enough) because
it's better to lynch scum
. Always.
sottyrulez wrote:Equinox's original vote on CKD was pretty weak. She padded the case a little and spent time agreeing with what other people said. Also lets not forget what happened in the first game. The idea of a quick hammer couldn't be dismissed. Yet Equinox voted anyway
Yes, there was a quick hammer in the first game. Therefore, I had a REASONABLE expectation that you lot wouldn't repeat that mistake.
What about this expectation rings unreasonable to you?

sottyrulez wrote:I don't believe anyone who thinks that Equinox didn't know what was going to happen next. Pretty sure she didn't expect the claim to come so quick, but she knew it was the next step.
Yes, it was the next step... if someone had asked. (Which suddenly brings to mind VP Baltar... more on this later, as it's separate from the issue at hand.) Would I have unvoted CKD if someone had asked? I don't know. However,
I would have unvoted CKD if he'd posted 83 WITHOUT a claim
. (Zachrulez, you recognize the red and what it means, correct? I still keep to that policy.)
sottyrulez wrote:There is a disconnect here. What was in post 88 that gave Equinox what she wanted? I don't see anything at all. Hell, she is still questioning him in her unvote post, I don't get it at all. It looks bad, there is no reasoning that I can see. Plus she didn't explain why, why no transparency?
The questioning was in a different direction following the unvote. The first question was to question CKD's judgment, not to discern CKD's alignment (as my previous questions were). The second sentence was a response to CKD, not a question.
sottyrulez wrote:Asking pointless questions like who was posting in our hydra, for no reason.
That question was not for no reason.
Just because I ask and then not follow up does not mean that I ask it for fun. We went over the operation of your hydra in the first game, where you admitted that you did the majority of the posting because you were better at being scum. I felt this aspect of your meta was one of those things you can't really remedy, which was why I asked who was posting for future reference.

Unfortunately, now I don't think I can ask this question again, so I'll just happily rely on "tone" and meta.

Sotty7... I know you have a tendency to tunnel (coughnewbie960cough), but the confirmation bias WRT me is getting ridiculous.

tl;drWITH INDICATORS FOR YOU SKEPTICS:

Scum
: nopointinactingup [scum] > SaintKerrigan [null] > Vi > sottyrulez [town] > curiouskarmadog > VP Baltar > Equinox

OH LOOK COMPLETE TRANSPARENCY:

Refer to case for nopointinactingup's NEW placement. Yeah, he's still first, but that IS a new placement.
sottyrulez and CKD are roughly equal in the spectrum.

Oh... jeez. More posts. This is big enough, so I'm splitting.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:11 am

Post by Equinox »

The happy interstitial wall for nopointinactingup

nopointinactingup wrote:More accurately put, CKD is not playing like his meta, so I have a definite suspicion on him.
Agreed that if someone is playing inconsistent to their meta is suspicious. However, you've managed to ignore (what I feel is) most of his
in-game, PRESENT
play in favor of using meta as a basis for your scum read of him. Meta is but a supplement!

To your points that I am digressing: Funny, I asked you those because how you approached those issues was suspicious, and I wanted a response from you. Calling my points BS worked for CKD. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, SO STOP DODGING.
nopointinactingup wrote:If you are still considering the facets and such, why the quick L-1 vote? Your backpedalling suggests that you are uncertain about CKD yet you leave your vote at L-1.
I had considered all of the evidence when I put CKD at L-1. I considered MORE evidence that CKD posted following the vote and then unvoted. This again proves you are not reading.
nopointinactingup wrote:Ok. I see what you might have been thinking, but such quick change of heart still incriminates you.
Don't backpedal, hypocrite. What about the interrogation and my behavior following the results of said interrogation did not make sense to you?
nopointinactingup wrote:So your sole reasoning for strongly believing in CKD-town is him being frustrated?
YES.

nopointinactingup wrote:It's not logic, more of a feeling on how you would read other players.
lol "it's not logic" :lol:

Overall, scum are more hesitant to read people, yes. I will even ADMIT that I do that to some degree as scum.

But what I will not do is make up a scum read when I don't have one. As either faction. Null tell for you.
nopointinactingup wrote:I'll give you one post to undo your scummy OGMUS.
ITT nopointinactingup realizes I have a case on him and resorts to using buzzwords to discredit it. There's a thread in MD that's totally relevant to this, but I'm too lazy to look.
nopointinactingup wrote:I will need St.K's input to reevaluate my read.
Read. In the SINGULAR.

Why do you need SaintKerrigan's input to get a firm read on... Equinox? Feeling helpless already?

Okay, back to sottyrulez-Vi.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:25 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:More accurately put, CKD is not playing like his meta, so I have a definite suspicion on him.
Agreed that if someone is playing inconsistent to their meta is suspicious. However, you've managed to ignore (what I feel is) most of his
in-game, PRESENT
play in favor of using meta as a basis for your scum read of him. Meta is but a supplement!
No. I did mention him not scum-hunting but resorting to voting inactives.
Equinox wrote: To your points that I am digressing: Funny, I asked you those because how you approached those issues was suspicious, and I wanted a response from you. Calling my points BS worked for CKD. IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, SO STOP DODGING.
You are digressing, but I never dodged.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:If you are still considering the facets and such, why the quick L-1 vote? Your backpedalling suggests that you are uncertain about CKD yet you leave your vote at L-1.
I had considered all of the evidence when I put CKD at L-1. I considered MORE evidence that CKD posted following the vote and then unvoted. This again proves you are not reading.
Your evidence are not convincing enough to make me believe your read change was genuine.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:Ok. I see what you might have been thinking, but such quick change of heart still incriminates you.
Don't backpedal, hypocrite. What about the interrogation and my behavior following the results of said interrogation did not make sense to you?
Your "interogation" looks theatrical as I've pointed out. The way you "interogate" is as if you were expecting to Unvote regardless of his answers.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:So your sole reasoning for strongly believing in CKD-town is him being frustrated?
YES.
I'm frustrated.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:It's not logic, more of a feeling on how you would read other players.
lol "it's not logic" :lol:
So you think this game is all about logic? I disagree.
Equinox wrote: Overall, scum are more hesitant to read people, yes. I will even ADMIT that I do that to some degree as scum.

But what I will not do is make up a scum read when I don't have one. As either faction. Null tell for you.
I doubt you have no definite suspicion after that much discussion.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:I'll give you one post to undo your scummy OGMUS.
ITT nopointinactingup realizes I have a case on him and resorts to using buzzwords to discredit it. There's a thread in MD that's totally relevant to this, but I'm too lazy to look.
Look at your "case". There's nothing in there that Implies that I'm scum. It would be natural for you to OGMUS I suppose so I'm only giving you a chance to look back. If you don't, I'll take it as declaration of war and gear myself up for tunneling mode.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:I will need St.K's input to reevaluate my read.
Read. In the SINGULAR.

Why do you need SaintKerrigan's input to get a firm read on... Equinox? Feeling helpless already?
Nopoint shall not be afraid of colors. I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team. Don't feel so self-centered.
[/quote]
Justice will prevail
\m/
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Equinox »

Posting this wall first and then my second, smaller wall.

nopointinactingup

• I was not digressing.
    You are dodging.
    Now answer the damn questions.
  • Well, obviously the evidence behind my CKD read wasn't convincing enough for you, or else you'd read CKD as town, too.
  • ITT nopointinactingup piggy-backs sottyrulez. Nice try, NPAU; my interrogation is not for theatrics.
Actually, I correct my previous statement.
ITT NPAU continues to fail. Here is why.

nopointinfailing wrote:I doubt you have no definite suspicion after that much discussion.
sottyrulez was town.
VP Baltar was town.
Vi was town-ish.
SaintKerrigan did not offer any stances for me to analyze, so null.
NPAU was up, up, and awaaaaaayyyyyy. So null.

Who said I had to get scum reads from an argument? SOMETIMES TOWNSPEOPLE BICKER. NEWSFLASH.
nopointindefendingmyselfwhenicancallOMGUS wrote:Look at your "case". There's nothing in there that Implies that I'm scum. It would be natural for you to OGMUS I suppose so I'm only giving you a chance to look back. If you don't, I'll take it as declaration of war and gear myself up for tunneling mode.
  1. You dodge questions. Instead of just answering them like a good little townie and then questioning my motivation for asking, you outright deny the questions and deny the rest of your fellow townsfolk transparency.
    PRO-SCUM MOTIVATION
  2. You backpedaled when I confronted you about a portion of your case.
    You are merely piggy-backing a case already made by sottyrulez and therefore cannot explain that particular part of your suspicion.
    PRO-SCUM MOTIVATION
  3. You have shown REPEATEDLY IN YOUR FIRST WALL that you did not read. What is it that scum do when they see walls made by townies. THEY SKIP THEM. LOLOL.
    ANTI-TOWN ACTION
    which doesn't help your case because you already have scum points!
nopointingettingreadsrightnow wrote:I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team. Don't feel so self-centered.
I'm a narcissistic jerk. Deal with it.

You do not need SaintKerrigan's input to get reads. The rest of us were able to get town, null, and (YES AND) scum reads.
Why can't you? Too reluctant?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:39 am

Post by Equinox »

Equinox wrote:Vi was town-ish.
Correction. IIRC Vi didn't offer too much by way to stances, either, so null.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:44 am

Post by Equinox »

Third not-really-a-wall: Nobody in particular
(now it's actually the fourth with my response to NPAU but eh)

First, the digression
Equinox wrote:Yes, it was the next step... if someone had asked. (Which suddenly brings to mind VP Baltar... more on this later, as it's separate from the issue at hand.)
curiouskarmadog, how did you read VP Baltar's post 80 when you first read it?
sottyrulez wrote:Of course if Equionx does flip town we will take a long hard look at our thoughts on you.
Might as well do that now... because that is how I'm going to flip.

Reading sottyrulez's latest makes me think I should make up a summary for myself while rereading. Yeah, I'll do that -- because now I've lost track of where the sottyrulez <-> Vi mud is going and where VP Baltar -> sottyrulez is coming from.
Vi wrote:But in all seriousness, I'm less sold on you-scum as much as you-deadwrong.
Would I be correct in assuming that you have a town read on sottyrulez, then? If that is the case, why are we still arguing over this?
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Guys, you do realize that the more walls of text you post, the longer it's going to take me to parse and digest them, and the longer it's going to take for me to actually post what I think about all of them, right? :P
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:59 am

Equinox wrote:
  • I was not digressing.
    You are dodging.
    Now answer the damn questions.
You enjoy being colorful don't you? Quote the question in color and I shall quote the answer in black.
Equinox wrote: [*] Well, obviously the evidence behind my CKD read wasn't convincing enough for you, or else you'd read CKD as town, too.[/*]
Implying?
Equinox wrote: [*] ITT nopointinactingup piggy-backs sottyrulez. Nice try, NPAU; my interrogation is not for theatrics.[/*][/list]
Actually, I correct my previous statement.
ITT NPAU continues to fail. Here is why.

nopointinfailing wrote:I doubt you have no definite suspicion after that much discussion.
sottyrulez was town.
VP Baltar was town.
Vi was town-ish.
SaintKerrigan did not offer any stances for me to analyze, so null.
NPAU was up, up, and awaaaaaayyyyyy. So null.

Who said I had to get scum reads from an argument? SOMETIMES TOWNSPEOPLE BICKER. NEWSFLASH.
The way I see it, our perception of one person changes with our perception of another given the knowledge that there are two scums. For example, if you had really thought Sotty, VP, Vi was town you would have automatically have scum read on St.K and NPAU. The fact that you had no scum read at that time questions the genuineness of your town reads.
Equinox wrote:
  1. You dodge questions. Instead of just answering them like a good little townie and then questioning my motivation for asking, you outright deny the questions and deny the rest of your fellow townsfolk transparency.
    PRO-SCUM MOTIVATION
Cool. Now quote.
Equinox wrote: [*] You backpedaled when I confronted you about a portion of your case.
You are merely piggy-backing a case already made by sottyrulez and therefore cannot explain that particular part of your suspicion.
PRO-SCUM MOTIVATION
[/*]
So ... are you calling yourself Pro-scum for backpedalling on CKD? Backpedalling happens. So ..
-->
Equinox wrote: Deal with it.
I did not piggyback Sotty's case btw. Sotty made a case similar to mine after my post?
Equinox wrote: [*] You have shown REPEATEDLY IN YOUR FIRST WALL that you did not read. What is it that scum do when they see walls made by townies. THEY SKIP THEM. LOLOL.
ANTI-TOWN ACTION
which doesn't help your case because you already have scum points![/list]
There there don't feel bad because I skimmed some of your posts. You think scums are careless then you're in for the shock of a lifetime :D.
Equinox wrote:
nopointingettingreadsrightnow wrote:I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team. Don't feel so self-centered.
I'm a narcissistic jerk. Deal with it.

You do not need SaintKerrigan's input to get reads. The rest of us were able to get town, null, and (YES AND) scum reads.
Why can't you? Too reluctant?
[/quote]
No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Vi »

Equinox wrote:
Vi wrote:But in all seriousness, I'm less sold on you-scum as much as you-deadwrong.
Would I be correct in assuming that you have a town read on sottyrulez, then? If that is the case, why are we still arguing over this?
It's plausible that they could be Town
in spite of the extreme badness
of their case on you/me.
I
'
m
n
o
t
t
h
a
t
s
h
o
r
t
-
s
i
g
h
t
e
d

The colors and spectacles are fun and everything but the most interesting thing (IMO) in this argument is right here.
npau wrote:I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team.
I would actually like some elaboration here.

Cut--
npau wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
Calling the team is fun! but has a nasty tendency to not work.
And... wait.
npau wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would
further
disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
:?:
St.K wrote:Guys, you do realize that the more walls of text you post, the longer it's going to take me to parse and digest them, and the longer it's going to take for me to actually post what I think about all of them, right? :P
You only need to read my posts. :P
I just summarized the sottyrulez vs. me argument and Equinox vs. npau is easy to fill in given npau's original vote post and my defense of Equinox.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:18 am

Post by Equinox »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Guys, you do realize that the more walls of text you post, the longer it's going to take me to parse and digest them, and the longer it's going to take for me to actually post what I think about all of them, right? :P
Sorry. Maybe post as you go?

nopointinactingup

Why, yes, I enjoy being colorful. Now why are you so reluctant to go back and fetch the questions yourself? Reading my OH VERY ACCURATE WALLS getting too painful for you? I've been there, too, you know.

Here, act of mercy:
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:His style has changed drastically from the last game. His former-game gambit suggested that he was eager to scum hunt at game beginning ( which is opposite from me actually =P ), while in this game he hardly makes an attempt to scum-hunt, resorting instead to mostly jokes and masochist-like comments while masking himself with votes on the inactives
tl;dr "CKD isn't playing like his meta, so he's probably scum."

First point of contention: "...which is opposite from me actually." Are you saying that you were unwilling to participate in the game initially? I understand that you had to go on V/LA for the greater part of the game day, so I apologize if I take your statement the wrong way. However, this piques my interest. Why?

Second point of contention: While I agree that CKD not using his town status to maximum advantage is quite worrying, you... seem to disagree with the assessment of the majority here. What about CKD's claim and subsequent posts do you not believe?

nopointinactingup wrote:The way I see it, our perception of one person changes with our perception of another given the knowledge that there are two scums. For example, if you had really thought Sotty, VP, Vi was town you would have automatically have scum read on St.K and NPAU. The fact that you had no scum read at that time questions the genuineness of your town reads.
Psst. We left out CKD.

I do not use process of elimination on Day 1. Only overconfident fools do that. Now, I may have a town read on someone, but I won't stamp scum reads on someone just because I have X out of Y town reads; someone has to, you know,
actually be scummy
nopointinactingup wrote:
Equinox wrote:Well, obviously the evidence behind my CKD read wasn't convincing enough for you, or else you'd read CKD as town, too.
Implying?
That your point that I was being "theatrical" about my read of CKD is bullshit. Not to mention easily disproven by the fact that you didn't find that evidence convincing in the first place, which means any conclusions contrary to yours that I drew wouldn't have felt genuine.

Now, I didn't backpedal with my read of CKD. I got a new read given new evidence. See, that's not the same as your situation; you just put your hands in the air when I shot at you, and I didn't even bring any evidence to the table. That, my friend, is backpedaling. Nice to meet you, too, Pot.
nopointinactingup wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
I almost yelled at you for looking for scum teams without getting a flip first, but you weren't the first to do that.

We're ALL waiting on SaintKerrigan. What we are not doing is discounting our reads just because he isn't here. You, however, did.
nopointinwaitingup wrote:At this point, I do have agree that Equinox's clarification make some sense. Whether or not she actually intends to force a claim on CKD is also dubious. I will need St.K's input to reevaluate my read.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:20 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP:
Vi wrote:
Equinox wrote:
of their case on you/me.
I
'
m
n
o
t
t
h
a
t
s
h
o
r
t
-
s
i
g
h
t
e
d
My question was your stance regarding sottyrulez. "It's plausible that they could be town" doesn't cut it. Are they or are they not? Why is your vote still on sottyrulez?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:22 am

Vi wrote:
npau wrote:I need St.K's input to figure out the likeliest scum team.
I would actually like some elaboration here.
And you will get your elaborations when St.K talks.
Vi wrote: Cut--
npau wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
Calling the team is fun! but has a nasty tendency to not work.
And... wait.
npau wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would
further
disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
:?:
Didn't I say I agree with some of what Equinox is saying? I have no qualm with continuing my tunneling mode like the last game if you insist.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Vi »

Equinox wrote:
Vi wrote:
Equinox wrote:
of their case on you/me.
I
'
m
n
o
t
t
h
a
t
s
h
o
r
t
-
s
i
g
h
t
e
d
My question was your stance regarding sottyrulez. "It's plausible that they could be town" doesn't cut it. Are they or are they not? Why is your vote still on sottyrulez?
I'm in the process of finding out. My vote is still on sottyrulez for that reason.
npau wrote:Didn't I say I agree with some of what Equinox is saying? I have no qualm with continuing my tunneling mode like the last game if you insist.
You mean you're not tunneling now? What do you think of your own cases on ckd/Equinox?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:38 am

Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup

Why, yes, I enjoy being colorful. Now why are you so reluctant to go back and fetch the questions yourself? Reading my OH VERY ACCURATE WALLS getting too painful for you? I've been there, too, you know.
I've been there too .. except it was amusing. Let's just say I don't like doing the fetch duty. Why don't you just do it and I'll give you a cookie?
Equinox wrote: I do not use process of elimination on Day 1. Only overconfident fools do that. Now, I may have a town read on someone, but I won't stamp scum reads on someone just because I have X out of Y town reads; someone has to, you know,
actually be scummy
Day1 is stretching. 6 people is enough to use POE. And I don't expect you to stamp scum stickers on others heads in case you accidentally stamp them on yourself because you have so many town reads. The sense of balance, however, exists in you and regulates you whether you want it or not
someone has to, you know,
actually be scummy
Hence my demand on an St.K's input which you seem to be striving to prevent.
Equinox wrote: That your point that I was being "theatrical" about my read of CKD is bullshit. Not to mention easily disproven by the fact that you didn't find that evidence convincing in the first place, which means any conclusions contrary to yours that I drew wouldn't have felt genuine.
Exactly, I don't feel it genuine even if you do. Your point?
Now, I didn't backpedal with my read of CKD. I got a new read given new evidence. See, that's not the same as your situation; you just put your hands in the air when I shot at you, and I didn't even bring any evidence to the table. That, my friend, is backpedaling. Nice to meet you, too, Pot.
[/quote]

It took you a while of "weeee everyone is town" to find anything new. And guess what, I can look for stuff if I want to, do feel honored I did not make you fetch them.
Equinox wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:No because I look for scum teams, not solely scum. If St.K looks scummy for example, it would further disprove my case against Equi/CKD.
I almost yelled at you for looking for scum teams without getting a flip first, but you weren't the first to do that.
That's how I play. Yell if you believe I can hear you.
Equinox wrote: We're ALL waiting on SaintKerrigan. What we are not doing is discounting our reads just because he isn't here. You, however, did.
Revolution in scum hunting don't you agree?

@Vi: I think it has both merits and flaws.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:42 am

Post by Equinox »

nopointinactingup wrote:@Vi: I think it has both merits and flaws.
That's a very interesting answer. Elaborate.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:49 am

Read page 6,7. There's plenty of elaboration.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:51 am

Post by Equinox »

Do the merits outweigh the flaws?
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:53 am

Yes. Else I'd unvote you asap.
Justice will prevail
\m/
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

@CKD #73 & #74: The vote didn't contain anything that indicated to me that you were in jest. That's why I asked about it. As for the nopoint vote you made, I also didn't see any reasoning behind the vote, so I inquired to see if I could find any. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the "vote just to get the game going" philosophy, because the only way it actually moves the game forward is if people vote you for trying to throw up sham reasoning for false activity.

May remove this question if it was answered later, but why didn't you make some remark about VP vs SR?

@sottyrulez #76: What do you mean by "stirring the pot?" I was just trying to break up an overinflated argument that was consuming both you and VP so we could move on to more productive things.

@Equinox #79: What was the point in asking CKD why he included a joking disclaimer in a pregame vote for me, considering how events went the last time around? For that matter, why were you asking that question about a pregame joke vote in the first place?

Buddying arguments with no flips is lamesauce, btw. Considering you've already taken a cheap shot at CKD earlier in the post, it's also pinging my scumdar. Opportunism and all that.

Finally, you couldn't glean
anything
from what I'd posted? :P

@CKD #83: Firstly: I. Fucking. Hate. Premature. Claims. The only time
anyone
should ever claim, when they're town, is when they feel that their lynch is inevitable, and at the time a CKD definitely was not set in stone. Scumpoints to CKD on this one.

I find it interesting that Equinox's #93 has practically no scum reads in it. Even the bottom two on his list are there due to "lack of content". Why so many town reads this early in the game, Equinox? Combined with the bad reasoning for the CKD vote earlier on and my general agreement with the Equinox unvote in #90, I'm feeling very uncomfortable with Equinox at this point. *notes here that I have seen the Equinox counter that tone caused the CKD unvote, and that I'm skeptical of that explanation*

Alnara #97: Get the fuck out of this game, newb, go to the queue and wait your turn to play like everyone else. If you keep posting in this thread, I'll have to ask mith to ban you. :P

On a more serious note, I don't like your responses to either the Equinox unvote or the VP-SR reconciliation. Equinox because, well, your explanation failed to satisfy me, and VP-SR because I don't see how you could consider those two (three?) making up a bad thing. :P Mind clearing bedspace for my left eyeball?

I wholeheartedly agree with everything SR said in their #99. The one bad thing is that typically I don't like to knowingly lynch claimed VTs, but at the same time I can see the point SR makes about the power role distribution.

And...fuck, I need to use a quote here. :(
Alnara wrote:The argument that Equinox backed down after a claim is absolutely worthless for the following reasons.
*EQUINOX DIDN'T ASK FOR ONE. I've had a bit of a rush of pointing out obvious things these days and it's bringing me into the SCREAMING DEATH CLUB in spite of me actually hating that style of play, but THIS IS ON THE PAGE.
**Side note: Being at L-1 doesn't mean you need to claim immediately. With a player list like this, you should expect this to be common knowledge. With a player list like this you should be able to put people at L-1 and not have people do amazingly stupid things. Is this wishful thinking from me? Evidently, yes! a;sfjksdfklsdf
*If you believe a claim, you should unvote. Why stick with voting Town?
*Equinox didn't actually unvote right after the claim. She stuck with it for a post.
*Oh, so you actually have to
ask
for a claim in order to be backing down from it when you get one. Golly gee, such potent insight!
**I do fully agree with you here.
*This is a null point. Both town and scum can do this.
*Oh, so because it wasn't OMGSUPEROBVIOUS backing down it suddenly isn't backing down? Again, such potent insight!

Vi's SR vote is lamesauce.

Oh, boy...Vi-SR slapfight. (skips the next ten pages of walls)

I think, once you pierce through the insults, SR is in the better position here. Vi's arguments just don't gel with me, particularly the ones based around the bad vote for SR.

All right, we has drugs in this thread. :D
The Druglord wrote:And then this basically sounds in contradiction of always lynch VT in E7. You're either scumhunting or playing strategy. I'm happy to have support for my Equinox wagon, but I don't like your cognitive dissonance at all. You really need to pick a side of your own argument.
I'm warm to the Lynch-Claimed-VT idea as well, but why should I stop trying to scumhunt in case people don't agree with that proposition?
The Druglord wrote:grind my gears.
YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY GRINDS MY GEARS? IT'S WHEN PEOPLE POST MOUNTAINOUS WALLS OF TEXT ABOUT SOMETHING AND EXPECT OTHER PEOPLE TO NOT ONLY BE ABLE TO READ ALL THAT IN A TIMELY MANNER, BUT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO
UNDERSTAND
THAT INFORMATION. IT'S LIKE THEY NEVER LEARNED THE INFORMATION OVERLOAD PRINCIPLE AT SCHOOL, AND SOMETIMES THEY ACT LIKE THEY HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN OUT OF KINDERGARTEN! IF PEOPLE WOULD JUST STOP BUILDING GREAT WALLS OF CHINA, CONDENSE THEIR POSTS TO VALID POINTS, AND MAKE THEMSELVES
UNDERSTANDABLE
, THE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE. YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE GRINDS MY GEARS? HYPOCRISY...
The Druglord wrote:This thread is getting a little incestuous
Really?
Damn, I missed out.
I hadn't noticed.

And...I need to take a break, here. Goddamn walls of text killing my brain and all that. I'll finish this later.

Also,
Vote: nopointinactingup
, since waiting on me before doing stuff is lamesauce.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Hey look, skittles barf and giant wall posts... :( You guys are trying to ruin my Sunday aren't you?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:16 am

Post by Equinox »

Sorry. ;_;
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, I'm just posting as I kind of go along here because I'm not going to wall the thread.

@sottyrulez - Have you looked at the game Equinox linked? What are your thoughts on that? Do you think the game you linked is completely comparable to this situation?

@nopoint - What is your past experience with ckd? Just the last game we had?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:17 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

omg, seriously..colors now too?....

just checking in...hoping for tomorrow for this game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:21 am

Post by Equinox »

I may have overdone it with the colors. I was shooting for red = true, blue = argument, green = question... but yeah. I won't do that anymore. >_>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Vi »

SaintKerrigan's catchup post is bad, and not just because I got the short end of the opinion poll. The vote comes from nowhere and is placed on the person on the
other
side of who SK evidently thinks is most likely scum (Equinox based on pinging the scumdar and the quote of Let's Attack Vi Over Defending Equinox again), the wall is half whining and griping and leads in no direction, and considering I neatly laid out sr vs. Vi I was hoping for at least some idea of why I didn't come out ahead. Oddly, the whining and griping is the big tip-off, because whiny fluffy catch-up posts are now two for two in my experience for being made by scum.

I'm bank on it.
Unvote: sottyrulez
Vote: SaintKerrigan
(L-3)
curiouskarmadog wrote:omg, seriously..colors now too?....

just checking in...hoping for tomorrow for this game.
No. Opinions. Now.

@Equinox: If you've seen Umineko, you're the only one :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”