Post by Vi »

Vote Count LXXII
~ The last gambit
Iecerint (LYNCH) ~ AGar, Furcolow, Chronopie

Not Voting:
Chronopie,
Iecerint
AGar 1 | Chronopie 0 | Furc 0 | Iece 0

-The smell of smoke surrounds Iecerint as of post 975...
--With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch or 2 to No Lynch.

Battery power:
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
|
||||
(79%)

-----

--- Iecerint ---
Righteous
Neighborizer
--- Lost his MoHO Day 6...

-The remaining battery power was converted!

--- Furcolow ---
Righteous
Brother
Firebolt
Neighbor
--- Corrupted Day 6...

-It is no longer possible to prevent a Win Condition from being fulfilled!

--- Chronopie ---
Righteous
Roleblocker
--- Corrupted Day 6...

--- AGar ---
Shadowed
Dark Demon
Roleblocker
--- Survived Day 6!!!

- ...???

--- MafiaSSK and Gammagooey ---
Seraphs
--- Bowed out in Endgame...

--- sottyrulez ---
Tarhalindur, Emperor Dogbert over Mafia
---
Demon Seraph
--- Took over the world in Endgame!!!

-Game Over!

Result:

Righteous
Loses...

Demons
Win!

---Mod commentary, etc. will follow in a moment. Please wait until my megapost of mod notes come in before posting; it shouldn't be long.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Vi »

Endgame:
Credits Theme

(Oh cool, I got the top of the page ^.^ )

===
@@ ONE THROUGH THIRTEEN
===
~NAME~

Welcome to
Mafia on Holy Orders
. You are one of the
Righteous

You have no special abilities at this time.

You win when no living player's Win Condition requires members of the Righteous to die.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
===
@@ FOURTEEN AND FIFTEEN
===
~NAME~

Welcome to
Mafia on Holy Orders
. You are one of the
Dark Demons

These are your abilities.

Factional Awareness
- You know that _____ is a Demon like yourself.
Factional Detection
- You know that there are other Demons in this game. They are allied to you.
Factional Communication
- You may speak in this QuickTopic, which is reserved for communication amongst Demons.
Factional Kill
- During each odd-numbered Day you may choose a living player. That player will die at the end of the Day. Kill flavor is "corrupted". This kill will fail if it resolves on a Demon.

You win when it is no longer possible to prevent Demons from being the only living players.

===
@@ SIXTEEN AND SEVENTEEN
===
~NAME~

Welcome to
Mafia on Holy Orders
. You are one of the
Shadow Demons

Factional Awareness
- You know that _____ is a Demon like yourself.
Factional Detection
- You know that there are other Demons in this game. They are allied to you.
Factional Communication
- You may speak in this QuickTopic, which is reserved for communication amongst Demons.
Factional Kill
- During each even-numbered Day you may choose a living player. That player will die at the end of the Day. Kill flavor is "corrupted". This kill will fail if it resolves on a Demon.

You win when it is no longer possible to prevent Demons from being the only living players.

===
@@ EIGHTEEN
===
~NAME~

Welcome to
Mafia on Holy Orders
. You are a
Seraph

Watching From On High
- You are not alive, and do not presently count as a member of the game. It is possible for you to join the game inthread, but not for a while yet.
You may neither vote nor post inthread.

Factional Communication
- You may speak in this QuickTopic and call in your orders from there. Think of it as a mod lounge of sorts.
Under no circumstances may you repost this link.

Field Marshal
- If you die and the Righteous Win Condition is not fulfilled by the end of the following phase, the Demons will automatically win.
Jackpot
- If
Tarhalindur, Emperor Dogbert over Mafia
is killed, every Demon will suicide. Or in more plain language, if Tar dies, you and the Righteous win.

Grant Halo
- In between each vote count you may send me a post and your choice of "a small glow" or "the smell of smoke". In the next vote count, a message similar to this (modifiable according to your selections) will appear:
---A small glow surrounds Zorblag as of Post 1359!
Holy Orders
- You start the game with 100 Faith. Each real-time Day you will receive 10% interest on your accrued Faith. You are capped at 200 Faith. At any time you may spend your Faith on the items listed below. These items will take effect at the time of the next vote count after you purchase them. If you are required to target a player with your item, please submit that target at the time of purchase. **Over the course of the game you may only purchase each ability once, and you may only target a given player once.**
Battery-Powered Bonus
- After each lynch, you will receive Faith equal to the battery power remaining for that Day. For example, if there is a lynch at 65% battery, you will receive 65 Faith.

You win when no living player's Win Condition requires members of the Righteous to die.

---

Modular

**Grant Doctor (45) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Doctor
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they are targeted by a kill from the time you use this ability through the end of the Day, that kill will be prevented.
**Grant Tracker (60) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Tracker
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they submit an action between the time of this action's submission and the end of the Day, you will learn who their action targeted. If their action does not target anyone or if they do not make an action, you will be told No Result.
**Grant Roleblocker (65) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Roleblocker
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they submit an action between the time of this action's submission and the end of the Day, that action will be blocked.
**Grant Neighborizer (70) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Neighborizer
- Each Day you may choose a living player. I will open a QuickTopic within which you and the player you choose can speak freely. If you target yourself, nothing will happen.
**Grant Doublevoter (75) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Doublevoter
- You have an extra vote that you may control independently of your first vote with the command
Second Vote: PLAYERNAME
. The lynch threshold will increase to accommodate this.
**Grant Jailer (80) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Jailer
- Each Day you may choose a living player. They will be protected from kills for the rest of the Day, but will also be Roleblocked.
**Grant Vigilante (85) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Vigilante
- Each Day you may choose a living player. They will be killed immediately.
**Grant Weak Doctor (100) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Weak Doctor
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they are targeted by a kill from the time you use this ability through the end of the Day, that kill will be prevented. If you target a Demon with this ability, you will die at the end of the Day.
**Grant Cop (135) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Cop
- Each Day you may choose a living player. I will tell you their alignment. This ability resolves at the end of the Day in which it is used.
**Grant Watcher (140) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Watcher
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they are targeted by any action that resolves after you submit this action, I will tell you who targeted them. If nobody targets them, you will receive No Result.
Communicative

**Grant Improved Halo (5) - You may use Grant Halo as before, but now with these further options:
*A small glow surrounds ____...
*A warm light shines from _____...
*_____ shines in radiant glory...

*The smell of smoke surrounds ___...
*The world seems darker around ____...
*____ seems to loom ominously...

You may purchase this Holy Order as many times as you like.

**Conscience (20) - You may send me a message of length no more than 100 characters, which I will forward to the living player of your choice.

**Still, Small Voice (40) - You may send me a message of length no more than 100 characters, which will be broadcast to all players during the next vote count. No tags please.

**Prayer (90) - You may send me a message of length no more than 100 characters, which I will forward to the player of your choice along with the following ability:
Prayer
- You may send a message of length no more than 100 characters to the person who just sent you a message. You will receive a response from that person.
And of course you may respond with a message of length no more than 100 characters.

**Communion (150) - I will open a QuickTopic for you and the living player of your choice.

Administrative

**Omnipresence (75) - You will learn who has been targeted by any action submitted this Day. You will receive your result at the end of the Day.

**Farsight (90) - You will learn the nature of each action submitted this Day. The actions that have already been submitted will be given to you immediately, and you will learn others as they are submitted.

**Account (120) - You may choose two living players. They will swap whichever abilities you have given them.

**Last Resort (150) - You will descend to the plane of the living. You will join the game as a living player. Your QuickTopic will be locked. See
Field Marshal
in your abilities, though.

**Piercing Eye (160) - You will learn the alignment of the player of your choice. You may not use this if there are fewer than five players alive.

**Judgment (160) - You will immediately kill the player of your choice. Kill flavor is "struck by lightning". You may not use this if there are fewer than five players alive.

**Order (170) - All actions submitted between the time you use this ability and the end of the Day will be Roleblocked. You may not use this if there are fewer than five players alive.

**Revival (175) - Your interest rate will increase to 12.5%.

**Veritas (190) - The player of your choice will have their alignment revealed inthread. You may not use this if there are fewer than five players alive.
===
@@ NINETEEN
===
~NAME~

I AM YOUR KING! BOW BEFORE ME, PEASANT!

This was a test of the emergency monarch system.
If this were a real monarchy, you would already be wretched.

Welcome to
Mafia on Holy Orders
. You are
Tarhalindur, King Dogbert over Mafia

Watching From On High
- You are not alive, and do not presently count as a member of the game. It is possible for you to join the game inthread, but not for a while yet.
You may not vote or post inthread.

Factional Communication
- You may speak freely in this QuickTopic and call in your orders there. Think of it as a mod lounge of sorts.
Under no circumstances can you repost this link.

Scattered Effort
- At present you know that the Demons are split up in groups of two and do not know the identities of other groups. Presently, one group can kill on odd Nights and the other on even Nights.

Target Acquired
- In the event that a Seraph appears in the land of the living and dies, those with the Demonic Win Condition (yourself included) will automatically win at the end of the phase after they die, if the Righteous Win Condition is not fulfilled first.
All or Nothing
- If you die, every Demon remaining in the game will suicide. Or in more plain language, if you die, you lose.

Holy Orders
- You start the game with 100 Faith. Each real-time Day you will receive 10% interest on your accrued Faith. You are capped at 200 Faith. At any time you may spend your Faith on the items listed below. These items will take effect at the time of the next vote count after you purchase them. If you are required to target a player with your item, please submit that target at the time of purchase. **Over the course of the game you may only purchase each ability once, and you may only target a given player once.**
Battery-Powered Bonus
- After each lynch, you will receive Faith equal to one third of the battery power remaining for that Day. For example, if there is a lynch at 65% battery, you will receive 21 Faith.

---

Modular

**Grant Doctor (55) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Doctor
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they are targeted by a kill from the time you use this ability through the end of the Day, that kill will be prevented.
**Grant False Positive (55) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
False Positive
- Each Day you may choose a living player. You will target them.
**Grant Tracker (65) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Tracker
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they submit an action between the time of this action's submission and the end of the Day, you will learn who their action targeted. If their action does not target anyone or if they do not make an action, you will be told No Result.
**Grant Neighborizer (65) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Neighborizer
- Each Day you may choose a living player. I will open a QuickTopic within which you and the player you choose can speak freely. If you target yourself, nothing will happen.
**Grant Roleblocker (75) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Roleblocker
- Each Day you may choose a living player. If they submit an action between the time of this action's submission and the end of the Day, that action will be blocked.
**Grant Reflexive Tailor (80) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Reflexive Tailor
- From the time of your receipt of this ability onward, any Cop action that resolves on you will return an incorrect result.
**Grant Paranoid Gun Owner (90) - Provided that the Day does not end today, you will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Paranoid Gun Owner
- From the time of your receipt of this ability onward, you will reflexively kill anyone who makes an action resolve on you.
**Conditional Grant Vigilante (85) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability, PROVIDED that the player you choose is not a Demon:
Vigilante
- Each Day you may choose a living player. They will be killed immediately.
**Grant Jailer (90) - You will grant the living player of your choice the following ability:
Jailer
- Each Day you may choose a living player. They will be protected from kills for the rest of the Day, but will also be Roleblocked.
**Grant Unstoppable (95) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Unstoppable
- From the time of your receipt of this ability onward, all Roleblocks made on you will fail.
**Grant Ninja (100) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Ninja
- From the time of your receipt of this ability onward, any action you submit cannot be Tracked or Watched.
**Grant Reflector (120) - You will grant the player of your choice the following ability:
Reflector
- From the time of your receipt of this ability onward, if you are targeted by an ability, you will return the same result as if your targetter had targeted themself. (For instance, if a Cop investigates you, they will receive their own alignment back.)
Communicative

**Grant Halo (3) - In between each vote count you may send me a post and your choice of "a small glow" or "the smell of smoke". In the next vote count, a message similar to this (modifiable according to your selections) will appear:
---A small glow surrounds Zorblag as of Post 1359!

**Grant Improved Halo (7) - You may use Grant Halo as before, but now with these further options:
*A small glow surrounds ____...
*A warm light shines from _____...
*_____ shines in radiant glory...

*The smell of smoke surrounds ___...
*The world seems darker around ____...
*____ seems to loom ominously...

**Dark Conscience (20) - You may send me a message of length no more than 100 characters, which I will forward to the living player of your choice.

**Still, Small Voice (40) - You may send me a message of length no more than 100 characters, which will be broadcast to all players during the next vote count. No tags please.

**Prayer (90) - You may send me a message of length no more than 100 characters, which I will forward to the player of your choice along with the following ability:
Prayer
- You may send a message of length no more than 100 characters to the person who just sent you a message. You will receive a response from that person.
And of course you may respond with a message of length no more than 100 characters.

**Communion (130) - I will open a QuickTopic for you and the player of your choice. You may not use this on players you have identified as Demons via Soul Harvest.

Demonic

**Consolidation (40) - If the two Demon groups have been merged, this will allow any of them to kill on any Night.

**Soul Harvest (100) - You will learn the identities of the Demons; and if they are split up, which one knows whom.

**Mark (100) - The Demons will consolidate their chat threads, and in doing so learn who each other are.

**Indwelling (170) - You will gain access to the Demons' factional chat and may speak with them as you please. If the Demons are still split up, you will be randomly assigned to one of the largest ones.

Administrative

**Envy (35) - You will learn how much Faith is possessed by the allies of the Righteous. After you use this ability, they will be able to use this ability.

**Quick Change (40) - You will gain (100 - current battery %) Faith. The battery will then be refilled to 100%.

**Omnipresence (85) - You will learn who has been targeted by any action submitted this Day. You will receive your result at the end of the Day.

**Farsight (105) - You will learn the nature of each action submitted this Day. The actions that have already been submitted will be given to you immediately, and you will learn others as they are submitted.

**Lust (105) - You will learn the Holy Orders that the allies of the Righteous have available. This ability will become available to them after you use this.

**Chaos (145) - All actions submitted from this point onward Today will have their targets randomized.

**Stillness (150) - All QuickTopics will be closed for the remainder of the Day.

**Impair (155) - Choose a living player. That player will lose all of their abilities.

**Revival (180) - Your interest rate will increase to 12.5%.

**Judgment (190) - You will immediately kill the player of your choice. Kill flavor is "struck by lightning". You may not use this ability if there are fewer than five players remaining.

**Trump Card (200) - You will descend to the plane of the living. You will join the game as a living player. See
All or Nothing
in your abilities, though.
----------
@@@@@
----------

Chronology of actions taken and running commentary:

--DAY 1--

*MafiaSSK issued Holy Order "Grant Tracker" to Socrates as of post 230 (2 days in). Socrates received this at the next vote count.
*Socrates Tracked Fate as of post 278 (3 days in). Not only did Fate not have an action, he was killed D1.
*sottyrulez issued Holy Order "Mark" as of post 430 (7 days in). As of post 444, the two sets of Demons were merged into one.
*vezokpiraka issued a kill on Socrates as of post 489 (8 days in). However, this was recanted in favor of killing Fate as of post 521 (9 days in).
*Wraith was lynched on post 530 (9 days in).
*All Halos Day 1 (smoke on ani, vezo; darker on Wraith; light on Iecerint and Friend) were issued by MafiaSSK.

My memory of Day 1 is fuzzy, but I distinctly remember not having any idea why Wraith was lynched over one of any number of hated people. The Fate kill can be best classed as a "huge blunder" considering he wasn't in a great political position and was gunning for two or three Townies
which the scum knew because they knew who each other were at that point
. I'm not sure why Tracker in particular was handed out so early in the game, but that's also coming from someone who knew there were no other powers in the game.

--DAY 2--

*Socrates Tracked Friend as of post 607 (10 days in, first of Day 2). He would have gotten No Result.
*MafiaSSK issued Holy Order "Farsight" as of post 607 (10/1). MafiaSSK was thus aware of every action that occurred Day 2 as they were sent in.
*mothrax issued a kill on Plum as of post 656 (11/2). This was changed to a kill on zwetschenwasser as of post 733 (12/3). MafiaSSK was aware of both of these kill choices; thus Plum was confirmed Town to him.
*sottyrulez issued Holy Order "Indwelling" as of post 865 (15/6). As of this time, sottyrulez was able to speak with the scum team at will.
*Socrates changed his Track to Locke Lamora as of post 1008 (19/10), receiving No Result.
*mothrax was lynched as of post 1022 (19/10).
*The light Halo on pacman and the darker I.Halo on zwet issued on 9/2/10 were made by sottyrulez. The light Halo that same day on ckd was issued by MafiaSSK.

Not only was mothrax a bus, it was a bus that was meant for vezokpiraka. sottyrulez used Indwelling and found that they were joining a scum team with absolutely NO synergy, which they did not take kindly to. On the other hand, MafiaSSK found out that Plum was Town (no surprise here) but was in the best position to realize that vezokpiraka was fakeclaiming - because of Farsight, he saw every action made and knew that none of them targeted vezo. However, he got hung up on not knowing what "Indwelling" was, so it was allowed to pass.

--DAY 3--

*Socrates Tracks pacman and would have received No Result as of post 1030 (19/0).
*MafiaSSK issues Holy Order "Grant Neighborizer" to Iecerint as of post 1046 (19/0), which Iecerint received at the next vote count.
*Iecerint attempts to Neighborize Socrates as of post 1054 (20/1), but it fails because...
*vezokpiraka issues a kill on SocioPath's behalf on Socrates as of post 1099 (21/2).
*Socrates reissues a conditional Track on either Me=Weird or SocioPath depending on... something I can't make out on my chart as of post 1128 (25/6). This resulted in a Track on SocioPath that could have been bad if it were not the case that...
*vezokpiraka took over killing duty for Socrates as of post 1204 (27/8).
*Locke Lamora was lynched as of post 1210 (27/8).
*The Light Halos on Socrates and Furcolow were issued by MafiaSSK.

MafiaSSK left a little before this Day ended, so this day was a light on godly activity. Iecerint felt kind of silly after seeing who got killed. Of note is that vezo received very little support from his scum team in any way, even after (surprisingly!) fakeclaiming a power that got Socrates' support. That's probably why he RAGEquit the site for a while.

--DAY 4 (Part 1)--

*SocioPath issues a kill on curiouskarmadog as of post 1246 (29/1).
*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Consolidation" as of post 1274 (30/2). As of this time all members of the scum team could kill at any time.
*Iecerint tries Neighborizing vezokpiraka as of post 1296 (31/3).
*vezokpiraka meanwhile takes over killing duty on curiouskarmadog as of post 1298 (31/3).
*Gammagooey finally agrees to take over for MafiaSSK as of post 1313 (32/4) and finds that he has maxed-out Faith.
*Gammagooey considers using Veritas on ckd, but instead issues Holy Order "Piercing Eye" on curiouskarmadog as of post 1318 (32/4). As of this time ckd is mod-confirmed innocent to Gammagooey.
*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Grant Roleblocker" for AGar as of post 1396 (36/8).
*Haylen tells me that vezo RAGEquit and replaces in for him as of post 1410 (36/8).
*AGar blocks Friend as of post 1423 (37/9), not knowing that Friend had no ability.
*Gammagooey issues Holy Order "Conscience" on Friend as of post 1437 (38/10). This is when Friend got that message from the mod.
*All of the light Halos issued except the one on 9/22 for curiouskarmadog and the one on 9/25 on Friend were made by Gammagooey (Furcolow, Friendx2, Chronopiex2, Iecerint). All of the dark Halos except the one on 9/19 for vezokpiraka were made by sottyrulez (AGar, Friend, Furcolow, Chronopie).

*sottyrulez issued Holy Order "Quick Change" as of post 1467 (38/10) to reset the battery, gaining 84 Faith in the process.

Gammagooey took to his role with a vengeance. Meanwhile, this is as active with granting Halos as sottyrulez ever got. Yep, most of the Halos in the game were sent out by the good guys. The message sent to Friend was supposed to convey that the two gods were in control of things, got bonuses from the battery, that vezokpiraka was lying scum, and that the sender was Gammagooey, Star Control Hammer Brother. It almost got interpreted like that too :P

--DAY 4 (Part 2)--

*The scum actions are reorganized to AGar blocking Furcolow (again, to no avail) and Haylen killing Friend as of post 1489 (39/11).
*Iecerint changes his Neighborize target to Furcolow as of post 1505 (40/12). It seemed like a good idea at the time.
*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Farsight" as of post 1575 (42/14). They get a pile of actions, but noticeably confirm that the only Town power role in play is the Neighborizer and that Gammagooey knows ckd's alignment via Piercing Eye.
*Me=Weird was finally lynched as of post 1738 (49/21).
*All Halos except for the smoke on Iecerint 1530 on 9/28 were issued by Gammagooey (Smoke Friend, Vi, Iecerint, vezokpirakax4, Haylenx3, Looming Haylen).

All that smoke getting pumped onto Haylen and vezokpiraka was totally ModWIFOM, seriously. Yeah, right. At this point, both sides have abused Farsight for its gloriously overpowered worth and gained about equal benefits from it. The idea to use Quick Change+Farsight was pretty clever. Haylen, more or less as usual, avoids getting lynched in spite of making a holey claim and having (again) little support from her scum team. I do have to thank her for replacing into a doomed slot.

--DAY 5--

*sottyrulez use Envy as of post 1809 (50/1), learning how much Faith Gammagooey had. They predict (not really correctly) that GG was saving for something. Gammagooey gains Envy at this point but sees no use for it.
*Gammagooey issues Holy Order "Grant Vigilante" on Plum as of post 1847 (52/3).
*Plum issues a kill on Haylen, retracted it for a day, and then went through with it as of post 1910 (54/5). Haylen dies after surviving for a full two weeks as confirmed scum.
*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Grant Paranoid Gun Owner" on SocioPath that same day as of post 1918 (54/5). They immediately regret it after Haylen's death made him look like a lynch probability.

--Following Haylen's death--

*AGar blocks Iecerint as of post 1950 (55/6)...
*one post before Iecerint tries to Neighborize AGar. That would have been amusing.
*SocioPath decides to kill Plum as of post 1955 (55/6).
*Gammagooey issues Holy Order "Grant Doctor" on curiouskarmadog as of post 2002, which he got at 2005 (56/7). The hope was that ckd would see that Plum was an obvious Doc target.
*curiouskarmadog does indeed Doctor Plum as of post 2013 (57/8).
*pacman is lynched as of post 2083 (60/11).
*All Halos until the double Halo of Plum on 10/8, minus the smoke Halo on Haylen on 10/6, were made by sottyrulez. (Light ckd, Hayl, Furc, Plum; smoke Furcx2) The rest were made by Gammagooey (smoke Haylx2 & Socio, Light Plumx6 & ckd, Radiant Plum).

I don't think Gammagooey was particularly interested in hiding that Plum was Town in spite of giving her a power role. Nonetheless, the once-regretted Piercing Eye on curiouskarmadog paid off as GG was able to use his two confirmed Townies to get a scumkill AND a blocked kill. Impressive stuff. For some reason sottyrulez thought "offered a shot" was Holy Order "Judgment" flavor, so they didn't expect a Vig. The Haylen shot and subsequent SocioPath suspicion really ruined sottyrulez' day. Meanwhile, Iecerint's Neighborization failed for the second time out of three attempts and his existing Neighbor kind of hated his guts. No wonder he looked horrible.

--DAY 6--

*Plum issues a Vig shot on SocioPath as of post 2114 (61/1). Nobody expected a PGO.
*Iecerint issued a Neighborize on Chronopie as of post 2116 (61/1).
*AGar issued a kill on curiouskarmadog and a block on Iecerint (again) as of post 2119 (61/1).
*Plum and SocioPath both die as of post 2129 (61/1).

*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Judgment" on curiouskarmadog (the now-outed Doc) as of post 2129, and AGar changes his kill to Furcolow as of post 2136. (62/2).
*curiouskarmadog eats a ZeusBolt at the end of that day.

--Following the masskill--

*Gammagooey issues Holy Order "Grant Roleblocker" as of post 2159, which he received at the end of the day, as a last-ditch attempt to stop the scumkill.
*AGar responds with superior yomi, blocking Chronopie as of post 2162.
*Chronopie blocks AGar at the same time as his hammer but fails due to the action resolution rule.

*All Halos were made by Gammagooey (Light ckd, AGar; Smoke Iece).

Just as Gammagooey's Checkov's Gun went off Day 5 with having ckd confirmed, sottyrulez' regretted PGO gift worked in their favor in a way even they didn't see coming. The question was brought up as to why nobody tried No Lynching in MyLo. Given that three people had died that Day and people were sure they had found scum, I'm sure the players thought it was an inferior choice.

-------
@@@
-------

On Days 4, 5, and 6 I was faced with three separate challenges to my ruleset. On Day 4, it had to do with quoting the specifics of mod communication. On Day 5, the allowance of cryptoclaims. On Day 6, how to deal with the notion of dueling Roleblockers when it wasn't mentioned in my ruleset. I'm still not sure how to deal with these, but I can tell you my thoughts as of right now and then keep going with my thoughts on the setup and how it played out.

**Day 4 modquoting - Once the Holy Order mechanic became manifest (say, after Socrates died), I should have made a public sample Holy Order to get around this. I couldn't put one in at the beginning of the game because that would have defeated the purpose of making the Holy Orders mechanic private. On the other hand, EXCLUSIVE MOD COMMUNICATIONS that were similar in format are kind of a necessity in Inventor-based games, at least without having to write unique flavor for EVERYONE.

**Day 5 cryptoclaiming - I'm still not sure where the line should be here and I plan to take this to Mafia Discussion.

**Day 6 Role Conflicts - Gammagooey wasn't pleased with me kind of spoiling his plans to bring out a Roleblocker but I had to put the rule amendment in. The chronological priority rule for settling mutual roleblocks is as old as my ruleset BUT hasn't ever seen use before now. The reason it became a problem here was partly because of...

**Day 1 Resolution Change - ...this. The original Deep South-style resolution was needlessly complicated and didn't belong in this setup. I realized this right about when Socrates got his Tracker PM and started talking about how his action could or could not work, and I noticed that it was just way too complicated to explain, especially since there were no actual Roleblockers in the game. So I tossed it midgame. I know that's frowned upon, but I think had I not done that the action resolution would have become a giant avoidable headache. Maybe I can use that kind of action resolution in a different game, one that's more meant for it.

**On the Holy Orders mechanic - I'm EXTREMELY pleased at how this turned out. The choices for who drew Seraph and Tarhalindur were absolutely not random; I wanted players who would be willing and able to sit and watch the game from the sidelines for long periods of time. SSK was recruited specifically for this purpose; sottyrulez took some begging :P Some of the costs need to be tweaked, but I think the overall idea - and the overall game - worked out the way I wanted it to. I'm interested in hearing the Seraphs' takes on it.

**On Instant Night - I can see why people don't like it so much now. I chose it for this game so as to minimize the amount of time the two god-players spent sitting on their hands.

**On game balance - This game like a Mountainous with a possible Vigilante issued midgame. The scum needed to net a whopping 5 mislynches to win without taking into account extra or lost kills, and it did indeed take 5 (possibly 5.5) mislynches for AGar to win. That seems more than fairly Town-sided IMO, especially with the role-rush at endgame. I'm sure sottyrulez didn't appreciate having to burn 300 Faith just to get the game going (not that they HAD to go Mark+Indwelling but etc.) but that was a balance move in itself.

**On OMG THIS GAME IS SO COMPLEX AND CONFUSING - Again, that wasn't intended. The different categories in the topic post, as I'm sure you've seen, were simply humorous receptacles for the kill flavors thrown in for laughs at the last minute. Flashy smoke and lights? That wasn't modWIFOM; most of them came from the the Town Seraphs. This was by design; the Halos didn't cost them anything but cut into sottyrulez' interest. Battery power resulting in players getting corrupted? I can kind of see how that thought got out but whatever happened to the scumkill? Plum pretty much wins the award for getting most of the setup idea right, although Iecerint deserves credit for getting kind of close to what the difference between a Dark or Shadow Demon was (sorta).

**On future modding projects - I'm definitely starting to run out of time right now. School's picking up and I'm not, so that has to change. When I get free time again, my next project will be Mafia Holographica, which will basically be Last Man Standing but more awesome in every way.

I don't think I'm going to need to say anything to anyone in particular (aside from a giant THANK YOU to everyone who stayed in and didn't replace out), as I sense people are going to start yelling very soon :? Everyone can post their QuickTopics now if they like (although you may want to redact a few things first :? )
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 pm

Post by Plum »

Vi wrote:Plum pretty much wins the award for getting most of the setup idea right, although Iecerint deserves credit for getting kind of close to what the difference between a Dark or Shadow Demon was (sorta).
Well, I thought it was obvious that the Battery was doing something and that Town got more out of it than scum. You of all people don't support dragging days. I didn't really get involved in discussion regarding Demons, but it was clear that there was only one team of them, at any rate. Nice setup idea, pulled off nicely. We managed to basically make it to four-player LYLO, though whether or not that's a good barometer I dunno.

Good bussing, AGar. Mad at myself. Annoyed at myself for clearing him, but hoped that at LYLO there would be more discussion . . . I dunno. Anyway, the lesson is once again clear: if you bus your buddies long before anyone realizes they might need bussing, it pays big dividends.

This is the only game I can remember where I Vigged more scum that the Town managed to lynch (that said, CKD deserves credit for finding SP and Doccing me. Unfortunately the PGO was a nice move on their part; nicely countered. Still, I have some pride in shooting correctly twice (was so tempted to Vig pacman but held myself together . . .). At least I took a very rare opportunity to be a proper Day Vig and made pretty good on it.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Bleh. AGar played a Damn good game, and pretty much deserved the win. I'm a little sad about the last minute rule change tipping off AGar AND him getting to kill and roleblock in the same night but with only 4 scum I can understand why Vi chose to do it that way.

The absolute 100% worst play from my PoV was the Me=Weird lynch. Haylen's claim didn't really make sense considering the theme AND you guys got explicit info pointing to Haylen lying and chose to ignore it and lynch someone that wouldn't make ANY sense as scum with her.

The only big thing I regret about my play was using the Piercing Eye on CKD instead of just giving Plum the vig earlier. It wound up working out decently later but a few more vig shots would have gone a long, long way, especially if Socio got shot before he got the PGO.

I'll hold off on the quicktopic until SSK okays it.

How DID Haylen know Iec neighborized Furc? Lucky guess?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I called BS on Iecerint claiming Roleblocked, because I'd literally JUST gotten a roleblocker assignment, and, as Vi mentioned, the fail placement of his previous targets.

Getting online, seeing a PM saying "You are roleblocker" and setting the target ASAP... only to find out that I was counter roleblocked in advance :evil:
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Gammagooey wrote:
How DID Haylen know Iec neighborized Furc? Lucky guess?
We used Farsight that day. WE knew, and then we told the scumteam.

Also, I'm in the camp of people who believe roleblockers should cancel each other out if they target each other, but I at least understand the logic of Vi's role resolution on that matter.
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by SocioPath »

Iec should should bandwagon me from the start of any future games, for the entirety of the game.

Although his stances towards me did help discredit him. :P
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, I had instructed Agar to claim he had roleblocked the kill if that did actually end up happening. That would have made endgame 50/50 if it was still going after that lynch.

I probably would have felt cheated if we lost to a town roleblocker after that mess though... so I'm glad that didn't happen.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Plum wrote:
This is the only game I can remember where I Vigged more scum that the Town managed to lynch (that said, CKD deserves credit for finding SP and Doccing me. Unfortunately the PGO was a nice move on their part; nicely countered. Still, I have some pride in shooting correctly twice (was so tempted to Vig pacman but held myself together . . .). At least I took a very rare opportunity to be a proper Day Vig and made pretty good on it.
I'd love to take credit for that move, but that was actually just a stroke of really dumb luck.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

^ In fact it's really funny that move that we regretted so much actually ended up saving the game. I don't think scum would have won if that didn't happen.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Zachrulez wrote:Also, I had instructed Agar to claim he had roleblocked the kill if that did actually end up happening. That would have made endgame 50/50 if it was still going after that lynch.

I probably would have felt cheated if we lost to a town roleblocker after that mess though... so I'm glad that didn't happen.
After the lynch I was planning to use the battery points to give everyone a message that Chrono was town since the game wasn't over (if it wasn't over), and use the identification thing I gave to Friend that Vi mentioned-GG SCHB stood for Gammagooey, Star Control Hammer Brother and given that the earlier info SHOULD have led to a fast scum lynch I don't think AGar would have been able to pull it off.

I'm a little surprised that Vi made the scum halo cost faith when ours didn't, but thinking about it it makes sense to make sure scum aren't just throwing random halos every votecount to try and spawn confusion. I thought you just didn't feel like halo fighting after Haylen got lynched >.>
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:41 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

And by lynched, I mean pewpew'd.
phb3 wrote: You cannot make another post so soon after your last.
Wat.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

I have got to catch up, but I have to say this

FURC...I will never play with you again....you are a horrid player.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

good game scum....pegged everyone but Agar as scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Gammagooey wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Also, I had instructed Agar to claim he had roleblocked the kill if that did actually end up happening. That would have made endgame 50/50 if it was still going after that lynch.

After the lynch I was planning to use the battery points to give everyone a message that Chrono was town since the game wasn't over (if it wasn't over), and use the identification thing I gave to Friend that Vi mentioned-GG SCHB stood for Gammagooey, Star Control Hammer Brother and given that the earlier info SHOULD have led to a fast scum lynch I don't think AGar would have been able to pull it off.

I'm a little surprised that Vi made the scum halo cost faith when ours didn't, but thinking about it it makes sense to make sure scum aren't just throwing random halos every votecount to try and spawn confusion. I thought you just didn't feel like halo fighting after Haylen got lynched >.>
Eh we had the ability to send messages claiming the same thing in reverse.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:18 pm

Post by Vi »

We managed to basically make it to four-player LYLO, though whether or not that's a good barometer I dunno.
Truthfully, you really shouldn't have gotten there. As badly as scum played, they deserved the win by a fairly large margin and would have gotten it much more easily if you weren't awesome.
I called BS on Iecerint claiming Roleblocked, because I'd literally JUST gotten a roleblocker assignment, and, as Vi mentioned, the fail placement of his previous targets.
Oh by the way, scum can grant Roleblockers too :P
Also, I'm in the camp of people who believe roleblockers should cancel each other out if they target each other, but I at least understand the logic of Vi's role resolution on that matter.
That doesn't help if one Roleblocker also tries to kill. I just chose an arbitrary tie-breaker that favored faster action submission.
I'm a little surprised that Vi made the scum halo cost faith when ours didn't, but thinking about it it makes sense to make sure scum aren't just throwing random halos every votecount to try and spawn confusion.
Basically. I wanted the scum to have the ability to mess with the public information, but still have it remain generally pro-Town.

Incidentally, the Communication abilities went largely unused. I was kind of expecting one of you to use Still Small Voice and blatantly convince everyone to do something obvious/ly bad.

GG, Zach, how were your roles? Any changes?

Somehow I forgot to mention this but this would be kind of cool to re-run as a mostly-Open setup, yes? Less confusion, more obvious strategy; but on the other hand more obsequious sucking up to the god players :P
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Well, we were kinda right, then. I assumed scum couldn't do something like that with direct communication if town could.

I'm slightly annoyed that I didn't get at least a little help on SP D4, or some retro-stuff from that after he flipped, though I suppose it's hard to evaluate how sincere I was since the wagon didn't go anywhere.

I didn't want to lynch M=W, either, but Soc claimed vez near-confirmed town, so I was wary about lynching Haylen. Which again made me look bad. IF ONLY SOMEONE HAD LYNCHED SOC WITH ME.

I'm happy I was right about Soc being wrong about CKD, at least.

And yeah, 100% Socscum in Iec games continues. That's like 8/0 or something.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Vi wrote:*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Judgment" on curiouskarmadog (the now-outed Doc) as of post 2129, and AGar changes his kill to Furcolow as of post 2136. (62/2).
The Seraphs killed CKD? After he caught SP? I don't get it...?
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Also, why'd you post the "don't discuss endgame until I say you can" bit?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Plum »

Vi wrote:
We managed to basically make it to four-player LYLO, though whether or not that's a good barometer I dunno.
Truthfully, you really shouldn't have gotten there. As badly as scum played, they deserved the win by a fairly large margin and would have gotten it much more easily if you weren't awesome.
I like to think I raise the caliber of my Townteam :). Just not enough this time around, I suppose.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:24 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Iecerint wrote:IF ONLY SOMEONE HAD LYNCHED
SOC
SP WITH ME.
fix'd.

yay 4 AGar. <3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by Vi »

Iecerint wrote:
Vi wrote:*sottyrulez issues Holy Order "Judgment" on curiouskarmadog (the now-outed Doc) as of post 2129, and AGar changes his kill to Furcolow as of post 2136. (62/2).
The Seraphs killed CKD? After he caught SP? I don't get it...?
sottyrulez was a SCUM SERAPH. They and GG/SSK weren't working together. That's how the scum got their roles, y'know?
Also, why'd you post the "don't discuss endgame until I say you can" bit?
It's common courtesy. I've spent a lot of time preparing and modding this game, I'd like to have endgame to myself
for the one time anyone will listen to me all thread
before people start storming the thread and ruining my ending.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:28 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Oh. It just made it sound like the game state had become "scum-win if they don't think about things too carefully." Like 2/2, but town might grant Vig to someone, or something.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by Iecerint »

How could Tar have been killed?
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:34 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Last ability Tar had- He could enter the game as a last ditch effort if it looked like the last scum was going to be lynched or something.

And I KINDA said some dumb mean things about you in the quicktopic since I didn't think 2 scum factions made any sense and it looked like you were pushing 2 living scum, which would be silly and also endgame.

My baddddddddd.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”