Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2230 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Gammagooey wrote:
How DID Haylen know Iec neighborized Furc? Lucky guess?
We used Farsight that day. WE knew, and then we told the scumteam.

Also, I'm in the camp of people who believe roleblockers should cancel each other out if they target each other, but I at least understand the logic of Vi's role resolution on that matter.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also, I had instructed Agar to claim he had roleblocked the kill if that did actually end up happening. That would have made endgame 50/50 if it was still going after that lynch.

I probably would have felt cheated if we lost to a town roleblocker after that mess though... so I'm glad that didn't happen.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2233 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Plum wrote:
This is the only game I can remember where I Vigged more scum that the Town managed to lynch (that said, CKD deserves credit for finding SP and Doccing me. Unfortunately the PGO was a nice move on their part; nicely countered. Still, I have some pride in shooting correctly twice (was so tempted to Vig pacman but held myself together . . .). At least I took a very rare opportunity to be a proper Day Vig and made pretty good on it.
I'd love to take credit for that move, but that was actually just a stroke of really dumb luck.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2234 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

^ In fact it's really funny that move that we regretted so much actually ended up saving the game. I don't think scum would have won if that didn't happen.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2239 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Gammagooey wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Also, I had instructed Agar to claim he had roleblocked the kill if that did actually end up happening. That would have made endgame 50/50 if it was still going after that lynch.

I probably would have felt cheated if we lost to a town roleblocker after that mess though... so I'm glad that didn't happen.
After the lynch I was planning to use the battery points to give everyone a message that Chrono was town since the game wasn't over (if it wasn't over), and use the identification thing I gave to Friend that Vi mentioned-GG SCHB stood for Gammagooey, Star Control Hammer Brother and given that the earlier info SHOULD have led to a fast scum lynch I don't think AGar would have been able to pull it off.

I'm a little surprised that Vi made the scum halo cost faith when ours didn't, but thinking about it it makes sense to make sure scum aren't just throwing random halos every votecount to try and spawn confusion. I thought you just didn't feel like halo fighting after Haylen got lynched >.>
Eh we had the ability to send messages claiming the same thing in reverse.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2256 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote:
Also, I'm in the camp of people who believe roleblockers should cancel each other out if they target each other, but I at least understand the logic of Vi's role resolution on that matter.
That doesn't help if one Roleblocker also tries to kill. I just chose an arbitrary tie-breaker that favored faster action submission.
It does. By canceling out, the kill succeeds.
Vi wrote:GG, Zach, how were your roles? Any changes?
I'm not really seeing any issues with the scum side powers, but at a glance some of the town power grants seem a little bit too cheap. (As far as cost.) Maybe it's a perspective problem on my part.

Maybe some of our powers could have been cheaper and some of the town powers could have been more expensive. (Though some of the more powerful ones were expensive enough to keep them from stacking a lot of it.)

I did enjoy being a god, the only thing that frustrated me at points was having no actual power over the kills. We had to sit by and hope the scum actions got sent in on time.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2258 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Gammagooey wrote:I do have le big question though.
Why kill Friend over confirmed-town CKD?
We didn't know for sure what Piercing eye actually did. (We guessed.)

We also did lobby for a CKD kill but we had no actual power over the kill.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2261 (isolation #7) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:Why kill Friend over confirmed-town CKD?
This ties into
I did enjoy being a god, the only thing that frustrated me at points was having no actual power over the kills. We had to sit by and hope the scum actions got sent in on time.
which ties into how I think about half of the scumkills were mistakes. Fate's included. I'm not sure about Friend though; scum-Friend would have just sat on that message you gave him, no?
Yeah, Friend was a good kill. Relaying the message was very pro-town.
Vi wrote:I'm not really seeing any issues with the scum side powers, but at a glance some of the town power grants seem a little bit too cheap. (As far as cost.) Maybe it's a perspective problem on my part.
Maybe not. I didn't anticipate a MEGA ROLE RUSH at the end of the game from Town. But I didn't want it to always take F O R E V E R for you to be able to do anything cool with the game. Ah well, most of those values were obtained through guesswork~[/quote]
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2262 (isolation #8) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote:]Maybe not. I didn't anticipate a MEGA ROLE RUSH at the end of the game from Town. But I didn't want it to always take F O R E V E R for you to be able to do anything cool with the game. Ah well, most of those values were obtained through guesswork~
Something to consider is that town roleblocker can actually be more powerful than a cop given that it doubles as a successful investigation AND a doc protect when it hits.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2263 (isolation #9) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also a thought Fiona had was that she feels the town power grants were too cheap when compared with our costs, AND in also considering the cost of our administrative abilities to simply organize the scumteam better.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2264 (isolation #10) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Not that we think the system is fundamentally broken. We think it can be balanced much better with a few small tweaks. (A lot of the costs for the more powerful town power abilities were given appropriate expense.)
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2265 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Also not sure why their watcher grant was so expensive, is there something I'm missing about it that makes it more powerful than a tracker?
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2293 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Oh, I didn't notice that the serephs got 100% of the battery converted. We only got 1/3rd. I'm not sure why that is...

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”