Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:53 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Equinox Post 147 wrote:Second point of contention:
While I agree that CKD not using his
town status
to maximum advantage
is quite worrying, you... seem to disagree with the assessment of the majority here. What about CKD's claim and subsequent posts do you not believe?
This is my big deal with this post. I quoted the whole thing so you couldn't complain of being quoted out of context, but the bold sounds like you
know
CKD is telling the truth. I don't think CKD had any town status outside Vi commenting that she might want him in her townbloc.
My position was that if someone is widely considered to be town, they should exploit that (regardless of their actual faction) by posting their opinions.
Pretty sure CKD wasn't widely considered town at this point. Nice side step attempt, but I think you slipped here.

You unvoted CKD for tone because you were more open to believe his claim cause you knew it to be true.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:43 am

Post by Equinox »

(I'm in class. Good job on making me miss important stuff for this.)

That is not a slip. CKD has town status. How have I determined this? In case you've missed all the times I've called CKD town while defending myself (which I'm sure you have),
I firmly believe CKD is town
. Firmly. Believe. Is that certainty going to affect how I treat him? Yes, it will.

Frankly, defending my L-1/unvote over and over again and having it fall on deaf ears has gotten so old and wrinkly I'm surprised it's not 6 feet under yet. Actually, I think it's buried now, but I don't feel like wasting more class time to check this, so I'll find out when I get home.

Therefore, I'm going to explain what I'm doing from now on. If sottyrulez or anyone else pushes post 250 as their case against me, I'm just going to link you/them to this post, and that's it. If I get lynched for that, I don't think I'm going to be very upset about it; it's hard to care for a game where someone just nearly called my V/LA illegitimate or decided to call every fucking thing I do as scum-motivated.

I'm not mafia. I'm town.
That's it.

For the sake of not simply ditching everyone else, I will read, catch up, post thoughts, whatever. But if you attack me, I probably won't care anymore; it's getting bad for my health, kthx.

Pre-empting "OMG EQUISCUM HAS GIVEN UP." Yes, yes, I have. Have fun.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Equinox »

I have returned home, sooner than I expected. I will start reading from where I left off now, so hang tight.

I promised I'd do a reread soon for something about sottyrulez and/or Vi. I don't remember which one or if it was both. The V/LA has put a damper on things, so that will have to wait (yet again) until I'm done catching up here and then writing a paper that's due tomorrow morning. Sleep has higher priority than Mafia, so if I don't make it today, well sorry, deal with it.

I remembered this while I was listening to a lecture on effect sizes (wheee):
sottyrulez wrote:Pretty sure CKD wasn't widely considered town at this point. Nice side step attempt, but I think you slipped here.
As I recall: Equinox, Vi, and VP Baltar. You unvoted him, too, in favor of voting for me. I think it's fair to consider that "wide" given the size of this player list.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Equinox wrote:
sottyrulez wrote:Pretty sure CKD wasn't widely considered town at this point. Nice side step attempt, but I think you slipped here.
As I recall: Equinox, Vi, and VP Baltar. You unvoted him, too, in favor of voting for me. I think it's fair to consider that "wide" given the size of this player list.
It still doesn't make sense why you said what you said in 147 the way you did.

I also can't remember if VP has actually taken a position on CKD.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

From a quick skim...
Equinox wrote:it's hard to care for a game where someone just nearly called my V/LA illegitimate or
decided to call every fucking thing I do as scum-motivated
Turns out the bold portion wasn't too far from the truth.

Why am I not surprised.

You know what pisses me off more? I have a strong town read on sottyrulez, and it's really not encouraging to see someone like that just bashbashbashbash on me when I know their case has been dead-wrong. All effing day.

Call this post "rhetoric" AFTER I flip, please. Thanks.
sottyrulez wrote:It still doesn't make sense why you said what you said in 147 the way you did.

I also can't remember if VP has actually taken a position on CKD.
I'm pretty sure he did? I'll find out, I suppose.

Also, I think you quoted it wrong. Your first comment makes more sense if you're pointing to my whole "town status" thing.

Let's say it was the "town status" thing. It makes perfect sense to me. Sorry if it doesn't to you. I can't help that part.
Let's say it was the comment you quoted there. It still makes perfect sense to me. 4/7? Can't call that insignificant. (And if I was wrong about VP Baltar, it's still 3/7. Still not insignificant.)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Equinox »

Something just occurred to me. This is specifically for Zachrulez.

When you accused me of thread-dodging, were you thinking of Newbie 972?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Vi »

Not enough time or interest to post tonight, especially if it's going to involve reading more drivel from sottyrulez and Equinox.

Well, beyond this.

*VP Baltar: I was hoping for more "reads" than "list". Like reasoning. You know what I'm talking about.
*Equinox: People who bash anime avatars, especially when they're not from anime and especially given the userbase of this site, tend to be what we in the industry call "douches". You can feel free to not listen to them.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Equinox wrote:Something just occurred to me. This is specifically for Zachrulez.

When you accused me of thread-dodging, were you thinking of Newbie 972?
No, that game was over some time ago.

I was noting that you're posting in another ongoing game while not posting here. (I can't give anymore details than that until the game is over really.)
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

I also have no idea why you're bringing that game up now.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by sottyrulez »

Equinox wrote:
Equinox wrote:it's hard to care for a game where someone just nearly called my V/LA illegitimate or
decided to call every fucking thing I do as scum-motivated
Turns out the bold portion wasn't too far from the truth.
This is not what happened. You were V/LA up until yesterday. You spent
YESTERDAY AND TODAY posting in another game while not posting in this one.
It is well without our rights to point this out, especially as we've been essentially waiting for your input the whole time. You could have made a courtesy post after your V/LA was scheduled to end, but you waited until we called you out to say anything.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by Equinox »

sottyrulez wrote:I also have no idea why you're bringing that game up now.
Because I
just
remembered it, and that you modded it. I thought you might have remembered that I lurked and then thought that I was doing the same here.
sottyrulez wrote:This is not what happened. You were V/LA up until yesterday. You spent YESTERDAY AND TODAY posting in another game while not posting in this one. It is well without our rights to point this out, especially as we've been essentially waiting for your input the whole time. You could have made a courtesy post after your V/LA was scheduled to end, but you waited until we called you out to say anything.
You're right. I probably should have made some sort of post saying, "Hey, guys, I'm still V/LA but I'm posting in this other game 'cuz [REDACTED]." I didn't do it for my other-other game, either, and you could have noticed, since you were watching me "like a hawk." Like a hawk does not miss the fact that my posts on October 19 were only in one thread. Like a hawk does not miss the fact that my afternoon October 18 post was an egosearch post.

I will gladly, gladly, GLADLY, tell you why I felt the need to post in that one game while V/LA. Absolutely gladly, and then you'll (or I'm hoping you would, anyway, as reasonable people) realize why I did it and why I felt I could do it. Just let that game end first.

"[Y]ou waited until we called you out to say anything." No, that was coincidental. (Well, fuck my timing, I guess. This isn't the first time.) If you were watching "like a hawk," you probably would have noticed that
I had just finished
with catching up in my second game. This one was the third.

Not to mention when I brought up the reason for needing to delay my thoughts for this thread, a reason which is pretty much out of my control and one that is valid, you voted me, implying you didn't believe me. I think I have a reason to be royally pissed.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:59 pm

Post by Equinox »

Equinox wrote:Like a hawk does not miss the fact that my posts on October 19 were only in one thread.
I just looked that up. I posted on October 20, not October 19. I thought that was weird.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by Equinox »

6:57 PM. Equinox finally musters willpower to read.

7:02 PM. Equinox realizes spreadsheet hasn't been updated for 9 days (post 13). Probably should do that now for VC analysis, if it means anything.

7:16 PM. Equinox finds where she left off, post 202.

7:18 PM. Spreadsheet is finished. For a 10-page game, there have been only 21 votes so far. Disappointing.

8:11 PM. Breaking up the drivel.

Disclaimer: I have not re-read post 168 (don't remember if I read it at all, lol), so if I'm ignoring SaintKerrigan here, that's why. I will go back and do that after this, assuming it isn't too late and I have to write a paper. (And if it is too late, you guys get to wait until late Saturday. How exciting.)
curiouskarmadog wrote:i am skimming...you will get it when you get it...this one is second in line (have a 3rd one too)...
if you have an issue with that and think I am scummy for it...lynch me.
As I understand it, they're only requesting content, not calling for your blood because you're not delivering. (Yet.) Why did you feel the need to say this? ...and then include it in your sig?

Actually, I'll restate it so people don't go "OMG FLUFFY QUESTION." Why did you go on the defensive?
curiouskarmadog wrote:curious vi, when should I have claimed? You can shake your finger all you want, but you just avoided lynching town.
CKD, how did you read VP Baltar's post 80? Thoughts you had at the time would be helpful.
sottyrulez wrote:One, we admitted no such thing in the last game.
Oh, you didn't? I swear I saw it somewhere; it was a very memorable post. I'll look for that later.
sottyrulez wrote:Secondly, if this was your reasoning for asking this question why did you not say so when I asked you? You can't be outraged at something you don't post in thread, I'm not a mind reader. Yet at least.[/url]
You're right; my outrage was probably not within my right in that situation because the whole point was for you to not recognize the reason I asked it. I explained in post 150 why I didn't explain the first time; the whole point was that you weren't a mind reader, and I thought the question was innocent enough that sottyrulez-scum might miss it, and I could easily find this out if Sotty7 posted significantly more than Zachrulez. If Sotty7 and Zachrulez were closer to 50-50 or Zachrulez posted more, then I could possibly put you (further) in the town slot. The fact that I had explain it kind of killed the purpose... and then now, with your denial that you ever said anything about your hydra's posting activity, I'm second-guessing the validity of that move at all.

Not that it matters. I have strong reason to believe you're not scum... and no, it's not because I'm scum.
sottyrulez wrote:FTR we weren't tunneling.

Do you think tunneling is a town or a scum tell?
Sotty7 said that in Newbie 960, too. I guess "tunneling" is the wrong word, but what you're doing here versus 960 doesn't look all that different to me.

If I had to be perfectly honest with myself... town tell. Scum by nature need to leave wiggle-room and therefore will consider "all the possibilities." Tunneling prevents this, and if a bandwagon on someone else forms, they can't join it without risking a lot of fire.
sottyrulez wrote:A lot of Equinox's color posts were heavy on the rhetoric. I started to feel like I was reading a political smear thread. Not pleasant.
Funny you mention this. I think I had a couple of election leaflets on the table when I wrote those. (You folks in California who've seen at least 15 minutes of TV will appreciate this one.)

But seriously. I use rhetoric. As both town and scum. There's logic in there, too, but I don't blame you for missing it.
sottyrulez wrote:If we thought it was scummy, we would have said so.
Oh, yeah. Why didn't you find it scummy? (I'm too lazy/caught-up to verify this. Remind me to check later if I forget.)

tl;drI ask CKD and sottyrulez some questions and do some explaining. The REAL point, however, is to make sure CKD doesn't miss the following question because I need the answer to it, pronto:

"CKD, how did you read VP Baltar's post 80? Thoughts you had at the time would be helpful."

I'm going to continue reading now. The things I'm sacrificing for this game. :|
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

SR wrote:I also can't remember if VP has actually taken a position on CKD.
I have been calling him town for quite awhile. I thought I was making it clear, but if I hadn't I think he looks like the most pro-town person here despite his lack of contribution.
Vi wrote:*VP Baltar: I was hoping for more "reads" than "list". Like reasoning. You know what I'm talking about.
:? Using words helps me to know what you're talking about. I'm not really in the mood to write a giant wall post explaining each incident that lead to someone being placed on a particular spot on my list. Is there someone in particular you're interested in? Despite my recent bout of laziness, I think I've been relatively clear on the hows and whys of that list even if I hadn't typed it out in ordered form prior.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Post by Equinox »

Apparently, I cannot type or edit. I found a number of grammatical errors and typos in that post... oh, well.
sottyrulez wrote:He dodged questions? I missed that. Can you direct me to the post in question?
NPAU said I was "digressing" and outright refused to answer them, and I called him out on it for not being transparent. IIRC, he eventually answered one of them and never answered the second one.
Vi wrote:npau: lol ckd and Equinox are scum
Equinox: NUH-UH
npau: well okay you might be scum, i'll wait for sk
Equinox: NUH-UH
npau: shut up i'm waiting for sk
Everyone: WHY
npau: i like calling the team
Vi: WHAT WOULD SK CHANGE
npau: if i don't like my equinox case at some point i'll unvote
Vi: and do what
npau: ...
Vi: *cough*
npau: meh (210)
I chuckled. Thanks for that, Vi.

To address the finer points of that post...

Vi reads Equinox's mind sometimes.
Vi misinterpreting VP Baltar's comment is MOST INTERESTING and pings the psychological part of my scumdar.
nopointinactingup wrote:
curiouskarmadog wrote:how did my play style work out last game?...I also had a power role then too....this posting seems awful narrow minded. Also, could there be any other reason I am acting this way?....can you think of any reason my I brought my change in playstyle up earlier in the thread?
How should I know @@.
A clear possibility is because you have different alignment this time around.
Bolded part: Aw, man. <facepalm.jpg>

Other part: CKD just asked you to consider other possibilities. You didn't do that. Why?
nopointinactingup wrote:
Vi wrote:Notice that Equinox and ckd are necessarily scum together.
So ?
I hope you're fucking joking, NPAU. Really. My bigger hope is that you'll flip scum, but I suppose I'll have to wait on that one.
VP Baltar wrote:If I was making a scum to town list immediately, it would read [SK, Sottyrulez], nopoint, Equinox, Vi, Ckd.
Uh... I can't think of any other way to word this.

Why is sottyrulez that high on your list?

Yay. I'm caught up. I need to put a rain check on my spectrum (more like top X suspects now) until I've calmed down from some NPAU-hate. That post REALLY bugged me.

Oh, and if I get called scum for that small little delay, I think you guys know how I'm going to respond. So don't waste your breath -- just wait.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:02 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP: As a courtesy warning, I'm busy all day on Friday, so I'll only post if it's something that doesn't require rereading. If I don't finish Friday, my business will carry over to Saturday morning. Therefore, Saturday evening is the earliest you can expect the results of any promised rereads.

Things I've promised to do (more for my sake than yours, but if you have any additions, they are welcome with the understanding I don't guarantee promptness or priority):
  • Look over the post-game of the first Open 250 for sottyrulez's comments regarding the hydra
  • Look up sottyrulez's opinion of CKD following CKD's claim
  • (Re?)read SaintKerrigan's 168 and subsequent posts
  • Vi-meta
  • NPAU-meta
  • Reread sottyrulez-Vi spat
  • CKD scum-meta and current meta
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:21 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Vote count 5 - Day 1 - The mods gonna be so hungover tomorrow

Equinox 2 - nopointinactingup, Sotty
Sottyrulez 1 - VP Baltar
nopointinactingup - Equinox
Saint K 1 - Vi
Vi 1 - Saint K

Mod note: I am going on short V/LA next weekend, as some of you know I am going out of the country to the 49ers/Broncos game in England. I will only be gone 2 days at most I hope... if there is a lynch in that time, game will continue in Twilight (not the sparkling vampire type) until I return.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:32 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar wrote:
Vi wrote:*VP Baltar: I was hoping for more "reads" than "list". Like reasoning. You know what I'm talking about.
:? Using words helps me to know what you're talking about. I'm not really in the mood to write a giant wall post explaining each incident that lead to someone being placed on a particular spot on my list. Is there someone in particular you're interested in? Despite my recent bout of laziness, I think I've been relatively clear on the hows and whys of that list even if I hadn't typed it out in ordered form prior.
I'm not even asking for a giant wall. Two- or three-line summaries will do.

You aren't xRx. This laziness doesn't become your Town meta at all.

------
@@@
------

Day 1 in Pie E7 has two goals.
*Lynch scum
*Failing the above, prevent the scum from learning who the power roles are

I believe at this point we've failed utterly at the latter. Therefore I want to
massclaim
here and now before the scum team can plan for it together. This way we can have a better chance at the former, since it's either that or nothing. Given that literally everyone is suspected by someone given the vote count and has a not-so-small chance of being lynched - plus the notion that scum have seen as much of the softclaiming as I have ITT - confirming the power roles Today wouldn't be a waste. Of course I've already worked out the best-plays for various outcomes but I'm not going to go into that now.

Ideally curiouskarmadog can pick the first person to claim, since he has already claimed and nobody actually seems to think he's scum.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:44 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:You aren't xRx. This laziness doesn't become your Town meta at all.
I was more going for DDD, but I'll try to get to your request at some point today.

I'm not sure about massclaim today or not. I can see the advantages of shifting the control of that to us, but you're also eliminating any small chance we have making use of our PRs tonight. I can see a very obvious play by the scum if we mass claim that probably would not end well for town...I assume you do too? You're willing to risk it?

-preview edit-

Actually, even in brief thought I think it's kind of a bad idea. I'm almost inclined to call it a scummy suggestion, since I know you're a more thorough thinker than that.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:24 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar wrote:I can see a very obvious play by the scum if we mass claim that probably would not end well for town...I assume you do too? You're willing to risk it?
Yes I do and yes I am. I wouldn't suggest it if I didn't think it would work anyway.
but you're also eliminating any small chance we have making use of our PRs tonight.
Vi wrote:*Lynch scum
*Failing that, prevent the scum from learning who the power roles are

I believe at this point we've failed utterly at the latter.
I'm almost inclined to call it a scummy suggestion, since I know you're a more thorough thinker than that.
Tu quoque
, Reck.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:41 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

VP Baltar wrote:
Vi wrote:Do tell.
If I was making a scum to town list immediately, it would read
[SK, Sottyrulez]
, nopoint, Equinox, Vi, Ckd.
This is also one of the possibility I've been thinking about.
sottyrulez wrote:
Unvote, Vote:Equinox
sottyrulez wrote:We'll make this simple. We're waiting for a response to 213, and we're fed up with your thread dodging.
I think that can hardly be called thread dodging. And the vote coming with it looks opportunistic.
Equinox wrote:
Preview edit: Someone complained about too many anime avatars. I obliged.
No complaints so far for me =)
Equinox wrote:(I'm in class. Good job on making me miss important stuff for this.)
That is not a slip. CKD has town status. How have I determined this? In case you've missed all the times I've called CKD town while defending myself (which I'm sure you have),
I firmly believe CKD is town
. Firmly. Believe. Is that certainty going to affect how I treat him? Yes, it will.
I think your 180 degrees read change is alarming. Added to the fact that you had many town reads at that time just does not make sense.
Equinox wrote:Apparently, I cannot type or edit. I found a number of grammatical errors and typos in that post... oh, well.
sottyrulez wrote:He dodged questions? I missed that.
Can you direct me to the post in question?
NPAU said I was "digressing" and outright refused to answer them, and I called him out on it for not being transparent. IIRC, he eventually answered one of them and never answered the second one.
Equinox wrote: I chuckled. Thanks for that, Vi.
You chuckled, implying it has been grossly exagerated
Equinox wrote: I hope you're fucking joking, NPAU. Really. My bigger hope is that you'll flip scum, but I suppose I'll have to wait on that one.
And you are saying this because ... ?
Equi wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:If I was making a scum to town list immediately, it would read [SK, Sottyrulez], nopoint, Equinox, Vi, Ckd.
Uh... I can't think of any other way to word this.

Why is sottyrulez that high on your list?

Yay. I'm caught up. I need to put a rain check on my spectrum (more like top X suspects now) until I've calmed down from some NPAU-hate. That post REALLY bugged me.
What makes you think SR is town? So far you've only been saying it and preemptively defending the fact that you're saying it.
Vi wrote: Day 1 in Pie E7 has two goals.
*Lynch scum

massclaim
here and now before the scum team can plan for it together. This way we can have a better chance at the former, since it's either that or nothing. Given that literally everyone is suspected by someone given the vote count and has a not-so-small chance of being lynched - plus the notion that scum have seen as much of the softclaiming as I have ITT - confirming the power roles Today wouldn't be a waste. Of course I've already worked out the best-plays for various outcomes but I'm not going to go into that now.

Ideally curiouskarmadog can pick the first person to claim, since he has already claimed and nobody actually seems to think he's scum.
Give your thoughts on the advantages of claiming and how it is the best course of action. Or else you are blatantly role fishing one way or another.
Justice will prevail
\m/
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:59 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Posting to say we are inclined to agree with Vi at this point. I don't think the PR's are going to actually help win this game with how dirty pretty much everyone looks. Mass claim will happen, lets force it on our terms.

Claim now, ruffle the scums feathers and work from there.

Will get to the other posts made later on today.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:54 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Finishing the update (pages 7-11, now)

Equinox, comes in and explains his unvote. I am actually not understanding the Equinox hate based on the unvote. I think some of his other moves have been scummy (like the initial -1 vote), but the unvote I don’t think was scummy. (no not because he unvoted me)…I have been in plenty of games and unvoted someone based on their posting (Equinox defines this as tone). If he was scum, he would have just kept his vote on me…as others have pointed out, I just claimed vanilla, so it would not have been a stretch for scum to say, “I don’t believe the claim”
SaintKerrigan wrote: @CKD #83: Firstly: I. Fucking. Hate. Premature. Claims. The only time
anyone
should ever claim, when they're town, is when they feel that their lynch is inevitable, and at the time a CKD definitely was not set in stone. Scumpoints to CKD on this one.
Explain why the claim deserved “scumpoints”..in your words please. I was at -1…others were talking about me being “scummy” at that point…how was it not inevitable? As scum (I know this is WIFOM, but still want an answer)..if I was going to fake claim...why not out attempt to out a doc or a cop? so why is my vanilla claim getting scumpoints from you?
Vi wrote:SaintKerrigan's catchup post is bad, and not just because I got the short end of the opinion poll. The vote comes from nowhere and is placed on the person on the
other
side of who SK evidently thinks is most likely scum (Equinox based on pinging the scumdar and the quote of Let's Attack Vi Over Defending Equinox again), the wall is half whining and griping and leads in no direction, and considering I neatly laid out sr vs. Vi I was hoping for at least some idea of why I didn't come out ahead.
This.
sottyrulez wrote: I'm arguing that she shouldn't have put CKD at lynch-1 if she didn't want the claim and/or lynch. Saying she didn't expect a claim isn't true.
I also agree with this statement...this would be the only reason Equinox would be scummy. Not the unvote.
SaintKerrigan wrote: You want me to name a suspect? Very well. You're at the top.

Unvote: nopointinactingup. Vote: Vi.

The nopoint vote has (or should have) served it's purpose. Normally I like to wait until my catchup is finished before I vote, but Vi's #174, in conjunction with what I've already read, simply screams scum to me.
scummy vote.

---
Just a side note here, for all of you who said “I don’t believe the vote to get things started, blah blah blah” it most certainly got things started…my name has been mentioned more in every post than any other….maybe its good, maybe its bad, but it definitely has gotten people’s stances, and people’s stances on those stances….so feel free to at this point suck my ass.
---
Vi wrote:
ckd wrote:curious vi, when should I have claimed? You can shake your finger all you want, but you just avoided lynching town.
You should have claimed when someone asked for a claim, at least if vanilla. With power roles (and scum) things get a little messier but etc.
We all play differently man…just because something works for you, doesn’t me it is the right play. As it stands, my claim…..or tone..or whatever, stopped a town lynch….so, I might have shrank the pool that scum will look for a power role, but I think the trade off is good…we can debate it more end game if you want. The issue is, if you think my claim was a bad move (and this goes for everyone who is saying it) then you must think I am town….
Which is my I don’t understand the sotty revote. He complains about how much of a bad play my claim was….but he has got to think I am town, if he thinks it is a bad play. If he thought I was scum, it was just a fake claim(ie not a bad play, just a play)….
Actually at this point in the reread (page 9), I am not getting a scum vibe off of sotty, BUT the vote doesn’t make sense….so….
Vi wrote:[*ckd - I can vouch that ckd has been busy elsewhere. All things considered I think I'm willing to keep him in the watch-but-more-likely-Town bin.
at this point in the game, it was VERY confirmable...out of 4 games, i was posting in one that needed immediate attention...all others got the "will update soon" posts...looking forward to reading to see if St. K addressed my question in regards to this.
sottyrulez wrote:

CKD, I'm not sure what you are driving at. We were happy with your wagon at the time because we thought you would flip scum, hence our vote.
THEN you claimed in the manner you did.
We became pissed after this because of copious reasons detailed in thread (math + anti town + shrinking of vanilla pool + etc). An emotion that was further compounded by Equinox's behavior.
THE FACT, you were pissed, meant you thought I was town....so you went from thinking I was scummy, to my claim (or tone), and you becamse pissed because you thought I was town shrinking the PR pool....can you name anyone else in the game that also "changed" their opinion...also, I dont understand your revote at this point..

nopointinactingup wrote:
mine wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:More accurately put, CKD is not playing like his meta, so I have a definite suspicion on him.
Sweet shit, I love posts like this…please, do tell me what my meta is?...since you must have checked a couple games (to include my last mafia role from a year ago)…you must have a solid understanding of my meta…please explain..how do I play as town?...is there any difference between a town vanilla or town power in my play? any games you read that you feel demostrates your theory well?
Sorry I don't stalk. What I meant is meta from the previous game.
That is what I thought, you don’t have a fucking clue about my meta…..that is why your “suspicion” of me is bullshit. a quick look at my wiki and you could find at least one scum game and a dozen town games…but you just want to throw out “he is playing against his meta”….I don’t believe that you believe that.

---

Jesus, I got to go….stopping on post 231 on page 10..

At this point, I would probably vote either nopoint or st.K…got to finish the fucking read though…I am trying, but the pages are sooo long.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:55 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

sottyrulez wrote:Posting to say we are inclined to agree with Vi at this point. I don't think the PR's are going to actually help win this game with how dirty pretty much everyone looks. Mass claim will happen, lets force it on our terms.

Claim now, ruffle the scums feathers and work from there.

Will get to the other posts made later on today.
woah woah what?...skimmed and saw this...not sure what it is in reference too...let me comment first before this.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:16 am

Post by Vi »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Vi wrote: Day 1 in Pie E7 has two goals.
*Lynch scum

massclaim

Give your thoughts on the advantages of claiming and how it is the best course of action. Or else you are blatantly role fishing one way or another.
*npau reads "massclaim" because it's in bolded
*npau stops reading rest of paragraph and accuses Vi of rolefishing
*Vi slow-claps

(
@curiouskarmadog:
sottyrulez is referencing me saying the quoted above)
ckd wrote:We all play differently man…just because something works for you, doesn’t me it is the right play. As it stands, my claim…..or tone..or whatever, stopped a town lynch….so, I might have shrank the pool that scum will look for a power role, but I think the trade off is good…we can debate it more end game if you want.
We can debate it in endgame, sure.
ckd wrote:The issue is, if you think my claim was a bad move (and this goes for everyone who is saying it) then you must think I am town….
Not necessarily true.

Return to “Completed Open Games”