Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 12:29 am

Post by Vi »

nopointinactingup wrote:
Vi wrote:*npau reads "massclaim" because it's in bolded
*npau stops reading rest of paragraph and accuses Vi of rolefishing
*Vi slow-claps
If you don't bother to respond then answer why you refuse to go into the pros and cons of mass claiming before trying to convince us to do so?
It's possible, albeit unlikely, for the massclaim to backfire. But I don't want to go into explicit theoretical detail about the pros and cons so as to sway how scum should re/act.

Everything you need to know is mentioned in that paragraph. If you're too lazy to read it again, here it is in even shorter form.
*Pros: Massclaim occurs before scum can coordinate it, massclaim is not as likely to hurt Town because the power roles are very likely to be obvious by this point, it will make it more likely for us to lynch scum D1 (at which point it will become much easier for Town to win).
*Cons: The scum will definitely know who the power roles are, as opposed to
probably
knowing who the power roles are.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Equinox »

I skimmed. I don't have time to address the rest of this right now.

nopointinactingup, did you even read the thread. Post 135, now. I am getting REALLY TIRED REALLY FAST citing this damn post, so if you louts don't believe what I said in post 135, just say so and then I'll shut up.
lewarcher82 wrote:Post #293: mmh, real frustration? Or a strategy to convey a feeling of real frustration?
I was pissed as shit. Thank you for your vote of confidence.

I'm not sure if I'm in favor of this mass claim anymore. I have something I want to happen today, but I gotta think over the rationality of this first before I say it in case it's incredibly stupid or something.

In other news, this game makes me want to punch cute fluffy things again.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Equinox »

I've forgotten my manners. Welcome, lewarcher82.

I think I'll just say what's on my mind now, have you guys argue it out, etc.

Firstly, having read 302 and thought about the possibilities and stuff, I think I'm in favor of mass claiming. The reason why and the scenarios I have in mind, I will keep hidden. Just do it.

Secondly, lynch Equinox today. Why? sottyrulez and VP Baltar's slot apparently pegged scum reads on me; those two are the strongest town reads I have in this game, and while I disagree with their judgment (for obvious reasons), I think that means I'm going to be enough of a distraction to help scum win if I don't get lynched today.

Someone might say, "Well, why have us lynch someone you
know
to be town and not scum?" If we lynch scum today, that's awesome. Maybe even a miracle. However, I get the sense that town is pretty disorganized here. Punt this game to LyLo; you'll start agreeing on stuff more. Further, regardless of whether you lynch town or scum today, I have a feeling that, given what I've done so far, we'll end up arguing over this again on Day 2. I'd rather have you lot bicker over another slot.

I am serious about this. No drama, no theatrics, no gimmicks. The only thing I am not going to do is vote myself because I want to force you into doing that instead. (Sotty7 is probably familiar with me pulling this move. I was serious then, and I'm serious now.)

Discuss.

PS: lewarcher82, post 135, now. Yeah, click on the link; it's only a short passage to read. Now come back and tell me I had scum motivation for putting CKD at L-1. Keep in mind my opinion of the player list.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:52 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Equinox wrote:I've forgotten my manners. Welcome, lewarcher82.

I think I'll just say what's on my mind now, have you guys argue it out, etc.

Firstly, having read 302 and thought about the possibilities and stuff, I think I'm in favor of mass claiming. The reason why and the scenarios I have in mind, I will keep hidden. Just do it.

Secondly, lynch Equinox today. Why? sottyrulez and VP Baltar's slot apparently pegged scum reads on me; those two are the strongest town reads I have in this game, and while I disagree with their judgment (for obvious reasons), I think that means I'm going to be enough of a distraction to help scum win if I don't get lynched today.

Someone might say, "Well, why have us lynch someone you
know
to be town and not scum?" If we lynch scum today, that's awesome. Maybe even a miracle. However, I get the sense that town is pretty disorganized here. Punt this game to LyLo; you'll start agreeing on stuff more. Further, regardless of whether you lynch town or scum today, I have a feeling that, given what I've done so far, we'll end up arguing over this again on Day 2. I'd rather have you lot bicker over another slot.

I am serious about this. No drama, no theatrics, no gimmicks. The only thing I am not going to do is vote myself because I want to force you into doing that instead. (Sotty7 is probably familiar with me pulling this move. I was serious then, and I'm serious now.)

Discuss.

PS: lewarcher82, post 135, now. Yeah, click on the link; it's only a short passage to read. Now come back and tell me I had scum motivation for putting CKD at L-1. Keep in mind my opinion of the player list.
To be fair, VP was claiming more of a scumread on us than you before he replaced out.

If enough of us agree to MC, then I agree with Vi that CKD can pick the first to claim.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:19 am

Post by Equinox »

I was talking about lewarcher82, though.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Vi »

This WILL happen.

@curiouskarmadog: Choose the next person to claim in your next post.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:25 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

allright, first of all I apologise, I took long and I didn't check the meta's, yet, because I have been on a train for the whole day (which will happen two sundays every month because of my job, so I will not write V/LA everytime, just forgive me if I disappear for one day).

I feel like I need, at least, to answer to Vi and NPAU.

Vi: the feeling that you are nervous derived from the whole thread. In a different context, perhaps, I wouldn't have felt that the request of a MC sounded "nervous". My bad. Anyway, there is a thing I did not understand in your post about MC, but I believe it is better not to ask it for now. You can all remind me later, perhaps on day 2, if I am alive.

Vi(2): you ask me Y/N? Well, I have a longer experience of Mafia games than my signature may induce to think, and a standard procedure would have been using the ML, and massclaiming on day 2 lylo, I guess. But you anticipated this point in your very post, explaining why this option is ruled out. So I agree, we can MC. But please let's not discuss the possible outcomes as NPAU asked you to do. This would definitely help scum.

NPAU: the inability of identifying a reasonable partner for Equinox (assuming Equi really is scum) is my biggest issue. I can elaborate a little:
1) CKD and Equinox: this would imply that two big and naive mistakes were made. First, Equi voted him and quickly unvoted. Then CKD states that he didn't answer any questions while Equi says he did. This can happen, of course, but we are not in a newby game, are we?
2) St.K. and Equinox: St.K. did challenged the defense that Vi made of Equi, but then he did not vote her. If they are partner, then this is a bussing. But why leaving it uncomplete? Why not vote her?

Now I start reading some other games of you guys. I may post again later, or tomorrow (Rome-Berlin Time Zone; also, I forgot: English Second Language here, I apologise for any mistakes).
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:27 am

Post by Vi »

Your English is fine. Truthfully, a pretty large number of people I've met who speak English as a second language can speak it better than natives.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:45 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

omg, we are fucking claiming???..let me look to see who has claimed....god dammit....I need more time...I am against this claiming.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:48 am

actually, i am against the claim, can someone please point out to me the post where someone explained why claiming at this point was a good idea?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:49 am

nm, I see vi's post 300....

I also see that I am the first to claim...

I think nopoint should start.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Equinox »

Don't people read things anymore?
lewarcher82 wrote:NPAU: the inability of identifying a reasonable partner for Equinox (assuming Equi really is scum) is my biggest issue.
BECAUSE I'M NOT SCUM.

Why the fuck are people looking for partners without flips.

Also, lewarcher82, if you're looking for my partner, where the hell is your vote?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Equinox »

curiouskarmadog wrote:actually, i am against the claim, can someone please point out to me the post where someone explained why claiming at this point was a good idea?
Here you go.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:01 am

Post by Equinox »

Equinox wrote:Why the fuck are people looking for partners without flips.

Also, lewarcher82, if you're looking for my partner, where the hell is your vote?
And while I was looking for Vi's explanation, I came upon NPAU's question. Therefore, the first sentence is now directed at NPAU, not lewarcher82.

The second question is more iffy since it's directed towards both NPAU and lewarcher82. I still recommend that lewarcher82 not waste his time on what he will (hopefully soon) discover is a fruitless exercise. I also wonder why he bothered to question VP Baltar's judgment.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:10 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Vi wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:
Vi wrote:*npau reads "massclaim" because it's in bolded
*npau stops reading rest of paragraph and accuses Vi of rolefishing
*Vi slow-claps
If you don't bother to respond then answer why you refuse to go into the pros and cons of mass claiming before trying to convince us to do so?
It's possible, albeit unlikely, for the massclaim to backfire. But I don't want to go into explicit theoretical detail about the pros and cons so as to sway how scum should re/act.

Everything you need to know is mentioned in that paragraph. If you're too lazy to read it again, here it is in even shorter form.
*Pros:
Massclaim occurs before scum can coordinate it, massclaim is not as likely to hurt Town because the power roles are very likely to be obvious by this point
, it will make it more likely for us to lynch scum D1 (at which point it will become much easier for Town to win).
*Cons: The scum will definitely know who the power roles are, as opposed to
probably
knowing who the power roles are.
Unvote.Vote:Vi
for the underlined part. Since my role should be obvious if I express suspicion of Vi's massclaim suggestion. I'm outing myself as
Town Doctor
. However,
I suggest we end massclaim
at me in order not to reveal our investigative role.

Now the reason Vi is rolefishing "one way or another":
- Massclaiming today is detrimental to town in that no town PR will be effective at night.
- Vi could not possibly have seen who the obvious town PRs are.
- The point of the underlined post was a rolefish within a rolefish. PRs like me will know that it is fluffs and thus, expressed disagreement with Vi's massclaim suggestion, therefore outing ourselves to Vi.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:53 pm

Post by Equinox »

Unvote, Vote: Vi

Process of elimination on Day 1? Yes, I'm a hypocrite. curiouskarmadog, lewarcher82 (VP Baltar), and sottyrulez have given me reasons to give them very strong town reads. Elaboration available upon request. I'm willing to hedge a bet on Day 1 that nopointinactingup's claim is real, and with that assumption, I have enough to go on to get this game cracked open.

If you guys can't agree on this, well, you can lynch me first and then Vi and SaintKerrigan.

That mass claim did us some good. Get lynchin'.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by Equinox »

EBWOP: If it's not already apparent,
I am also in favor of stopping the mass claim
. I've done enough fishing for the day. Case appears to be solved now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:15 am

Post by Vi »

nopointinactingup wrote:Now the reason Vi is rolefishing "one way or another":
- Massclaiming today is detrimental to town in that no town PR will be effective at night.
- The point of the underlined post was a rolefish within a rolefish. PRs like me will know that it is fluffs and thus, expressed disagreement with Vi's massclaim suggestion, therefore outing ourselves to Vi.
-If we don't lynch scum, yes. But then that's not different from what happened last game, and Town had a good shot then. In any event, this massclaim IS our best chance at lynching scum Today for reasons that will become apparent at the end.
-Dead wrong.
-See above.
Equinox wrote:If you guys can't agree on this, well, you can lynch me first and then Vi and SaintKerrigan.
We are not lynching you today, tomorrow, or ever.
Please stop saying we can, will, or should. (or be forever branded an emo kid)

And yes, I want the Cop to claim, speaking as a
vanilla
. To the scum, the Cop is 100% known at this point, so there's no backing down now.

You may think you know why I'm doing this, but you have no idea.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Vi wrote:(or be forever branded an emo kid)
TOO LATE
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:20 am

Post by Vi »

In related news.
Unofficial Vote CountVi 3 - Saint K, Equinox, nopointactingup
Equinox 1 - Sotty
Saint K 1 - Vi
I'm at L-1.
I would acquiesce to being lynched Today if it meant you could follow my instructions Days 2 and 3, but it would really suck to be you if I were quickhammered before I was done and explained myself. There is strong scum motivation to quickhammer me while the scum knows who the Cop is, Town doesn't, and you don't know why I wanted to massclaim since like Page 5 or so.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:50 am

Post by Equinox »

Oh, look, I L-1'ed someone again. :O
Vi wrote:There is strong scum motivation to quickhammer me while the scum knows who the Cop is, Town doesn't, and you don't know why I wanted to massclaim since like Page 5 or so.
Not happy that you went and said this. If you're town as you claim, :thumbsup: for that last one. :igmeou:
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:04 am

Post by Vi »

Equinox wrote:Oh, look, I L-1'ed someone again. :O
And you got another premature claim too.~

I stand by what you said, because again,
Vi wrote:You may think you know why I'm doing this, but you have no idea.
Now if you could unvote me please. I have better things to do IRL than sit in front of the computer all day and wait to see if I'll have to throw out a hasty conclusion in Twilight.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:13 am

Vi wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:Now the reason Vi is rolefishing "one way or another":
-If we don't lynch scum, yes. But then that's not different from what happened last game, and Town had a good shot then. In any event, this massclaim IS our best chance at lynching scum Today for reasons that will become apparent at the end.
-Dead wrong.
-See above.
Were you sure I'm a power role? If so why? Why did you mention that you know who the PRs are?
Vi wrote: And yes, I want the Cop to claim, speaking as a
vanilla
. To the scum, the Cop is 100% known at this point, so there's no backing down now.
Even assuming you are telling the truth, the scum would still have to take a 50/50 at 2 of [Equi, Lewarcher, Sotty, St.K]. That's not 100%.

Unvote.
SPEAK.
Justice will prevail
\m/
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:16 am

Post by Vi »

I will NOT elaborate until the massclaim is finished. I'm sorry for stringing everyone along like this, but it's not happening.
Even assuming you are telling the truth, the scum would still have to take a 50/50 at 2 of [Equi, Lewarcher, Sotty, St.K]. That's not 100%.
This is not accurate. Although you reminded me that Equinox has not claimed.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:21 am

Resorting to blank statement now?
Why not answer and if your answer is satisfying, we'll proceed to massclaim.
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Open Games”