Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:25 am

Post by Vi »

nopointinactingup wrote:Resorting to blank statement now?
Why not answer and if your answer is satisfying, we'll proceed to massclaim.
Because my answer will influence the rest of the massclaim.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:30 am

Post by Equinox »

Vi, I'm pretty sure we can handle what happens tomorrow. Besides, this discussion has just killed whatever you were hoping to get out of a mass claim, assuming you had a pro-town purpose at all. I still object, and I object to the continuation of this conversation. Stop.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:41 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

Let's here others' thoughts on Massclaim or not.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:43 am

EBWOP: hear*
which reminds me:
lewarcher82 wrote:( I forgot: English Second Language here, I apologise for any mistakes).
Justice will prevail
\m/
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:45 am

Post by Vi »

nopointinactingup wrote:Let's here others' thoughts on Massclaim or not.
I think that would be unwise.

It would not be a complete loss for me to stop now and reveal what I'm trying to do. However, it would blunt the effectiveness of the strategy.
Would you like for me to do that?

Incidentally, npau, where do you live?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:50 am

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
Actually it might not be, never mind.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:53 am

Vi wrote:

It would not be a complete loss for me to stop now and reveal what I'm trying to do. However, it would blunt the effectiveness of the strategy.
Would you like for me to do that?
I want to hear others thoughts, not follow others' thoughts. Why not more input? Your strategy can wait. Just do nothing for now since I've already unvoted you.
Incidentally, npau, where do you live?
[/quote]
Where your 2 a.m is 2 p.m.
Justice will prevail
\m/
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:56 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I've read up to the doctor claim. It's too late to stop massclaim now.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:13 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

At this point, I did read some meta, namely I looked up a game played by Vi and a game played by Equinox (the one where she discusses putting a player at L-1).
The game-style of Vi is quite similar in this game and in the other game I have checked. He is a quick-voter and he tends to lead town. I withdraw the accuse of being "nervous".
As for Equinox, she could actually have had some reason to think that putting CKD at L-1 was a good idea, but still the reason for the quick unvote is unclear to me. This is not a newby game, no1 would have hammered without thinking about the consequences.

@NPAU: after your post, there is no reason to keep hiding the thing I did not understand in Vi's post about claiming. It is exactly the sentence where he states that he has failed in preventing scum from knowing the PR's identities. If anything like that actually happened, then it's a good thing for the scumteam I am not one of them, cause I definitely did not notice. LoL

@Equi: uhm, looks like you want a direct confrontation on the matter of why I am FoSing you. Here you go. 1: although your other game may explain how you put CKD at L-1 without expecting a claim, it is absolutely unclear why you unvoted so quickly (
you did not expect a claim BUT you feared a hammer? This is a contraddiction
).
2: as I pointed out, not only some of us had the feeling that CKD couldn't possibly have answered your "questions" between your vote and your unvote, but even CKD denied he ever did. How do you explain this?

also, you asked 2 further questions:
1) where is my vote? Not voting right now. Why should I? We are, theoretically, in the middle of a chain of claims.
2) why did I question the judgement of my predecessor? Hell, it's my job to do it, I am not him! Btw, I already explained that I think that, in post 138, he missed the basic problem of your unmotivated decision of unvoting CKD (see my wall, above).

@Vi: you claim out of the chain? Why? Am I to assume that the chain is not important to your plan? Or should I wait for my turn? I will have you notice that a chaotic massclaim is easier for scum...
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:15 am

Post by Vi »

lewarcher82 wrote:@Vi: you claim out of the chain? Why? Am I to assume that the chain is not important to your plan? Or should I wait for my turn? I will have you notice that a chaotic massclaim is easier for scum...
Claim when you like.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:55 am

Post by Vi »

Looking for something, lewarcher?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:01 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

looking for your posts on page 5. Why? LoL
I missed any mention of a massclaim back there, and still do.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:09 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Vi would you prefer lewarcher to claim first or us?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:13 am

Post by Vi »

sottyrulez wrote:Vi would you prefer lewarcher to claim first or us?
Neither, but I don't see SaintKerrigan.

lewarcher, then.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:18 am

Post by Equinox »

lewarcher82 wrote:@Equi: uhm, looks like you want a direct confrontation on the matter of why I am FoSing you. Here you go. 1: although your other game may explain how you put CKD at L-1 without expecting a claim, it is absolutely unclear why you unvoted so quickly (you did not expect a claim BUT you feared a hammer? This is a contraddiction).
Where did I say I feared a hammer? Never did I say that; curiouskarmadog did.

No, it is absolutely clear why I unvoted curiouskarmadog. I think I have repeated myself almost to death about this subject. I will say it again: curiouskarmadog's claim and his subsequent behavior fit the models of town behavior while at L-1, as I understand those models. If you look at his posts on page 3, he is an angry townie frustrated that he's been led to L-1 over what he feels are stupid accusations. Scum don't act like that, as the accusations are usually correct.

I will also note that I have seen scum fake anger over "stupid accusations." curiouskarmadog's behavior did not fit that model.
lewarcher82 wrote:2: as I pointed out, not only some of us had the feeling that CKD couldn't possibly have answered your "questions" between your vote and your unvote, but even CKD denied he ever did. How do you explain this?
curiouskarmadog called my first two points against him "stupid," but he did answer my major point against him (i.e., his buddying to Vi).
lewarcher82 wrote:1) where is my vote? Not voting right now. Why should I? We are, theoretically, in the middle of a chain of claims.
I asked you this question prior to the mass claim starting, I believe. You seemed so dead set on Equinox being scum, enough to answer NPAU's question about my so-called "partner."
lewarcher82 wrote:2) why did I question the judgement of my predecessor? Hell, it's my job to do it, I am not him! Btw, I already explained that I think that, in post 138, he missed the basic problem of your unmotivated decision of unvoting CKD (see my wall, above).
I don't think he missed it. You, however, did. Sorry for being blunt.
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:12 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

@Equi: I still do not see any difference between post 83 and post 88; still post 83 was not enough to unvote CKD and post 88 was. This remains my problem.

Also: as far as I see the massclaim started at #310, but this is irrelevant. I am not voting now, but I am
claiming Cop.
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:15 am

Post by sottyrulez »

lol

Unvote: Vote: lewarcher82

Our claim should be obvious now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Vi »

I suspected as much.

Should I wait for SaintKerrigan and Equinox to claim before proceeding?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Equinox »

I believe sottyrulez over lewarcher82.

Unvote, Vote: lewarcher82
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:19 am

Post by Equinox »

Vi wrote:I suspected as much.

Should I wait for SaintKerrigan and Equinox to claim before proceeding?
I'm pretty sure SaintKerrigan doesn't need to claim. He can just hang in the breeze tomorrow.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Equinox »

EBWOS(pam): I'm surprised. I totally thought scum weren't going to fall for Vi's mass claim thing. This is much better than I expected.

Though I'm kinda sad now. I almost proxied my vote to VP Baltar around page 12 or so. My reads suck. q_q
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:26 am

Post by sottyrulez »

I'm definitely liking SK as the other scum.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Vi »

nopointactingup wrote:Where your 2 a.m is 2 p.m.
Ah, that makes sense on a few levels.

Let me get the mood music going here.

Let's start with curiouskarmadog's claim. Vanilla, page 2 or 3 or something early. Believing it credible, everyone backed off. For the following, let's assume that ckd really is a V. Townie. This is already bad for N1, but still workable.

Now look at Page 5, where Equinox even then was offering to toss herself to the D1 lynch. (Post 110) Understand that in this setup,
anyone ever interested in claiming a power role will not offer to be lynched
. From this moment on, if Equinox and ckd are not scum, the scum now have two Vanilla claims to work with when planning their Night actions. I expressed my displeasure with this in Post 113. Incidentally, I have yet to be convinced that Equinox is more likely to be scum. I will stake that Equinox is both Vanilla and Town.

Now consider that I am also a Vanilla Townie.

Now consider that there are exactly three Vanilla Townies in the game.

And here we get to the heart of where you're (cut by Equinox:
still
) misunderstanding my intentions. This massclaim isn't to find claimed power roles. It's to find claimed Vanilla Townies. VP Baltar mentioned that there was an "obvious plan for scum in a massclaim", and presumably he was talking about both scum claiming Vanilla.
But that's what I wanted!
If both scum claim Vanilla, and assuming ckd is not scum, this game is literally as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

Unfortunately, it seems like people don't like following crazed mathematicians into massclaiming D1. Forget auto-claiming at L-1, THAT's against site meta. So it's understandable that you wouldn't want to do it. BUT, npau's Doc claim - which I have every reason to believe given neither Sotty7 nor lewarcher have counterclaimed - is all I need to lock the game down!

With ckd on our side we have four (IMO) confirmed Townies. The remaining three players are a Cop and two scum. Period. And conveniently, we have enough lynches to go through ALL of them. Helping out is that the four of us are a majority - those three cannot lynch without us!

As for fears about ckd-scum, assuming we simply lynch randomly out of the three-person suspect group, the chance that we will lose this way on D2 is (2/3)*(1/2) = 1/3. The other 2/3 of the time we will reach 3P LyLo and we can re-evaluate ckd then.

Lest you think I just made that up a few days ago, consider Post 116 (see earlier link) where I first brought up this plan. I've been sitting on this for ten days.

-----

That was, of course, the post I had in mind previously. Now that we have a counterclaim our odds of lynching correctly have just bumped up to 50%. If we're wrong Today, we go to 3P LyLo no matter what.

SaintKerrigan is, of course, either Cop or scum; and only a Cop if sottyrulez just counterclaimed her scumpartner (dubious but entertaining to think about). Fortunately for St.K, as of this point no claim is particularly necessary from that direction and thus this game should no longer distract from RL stuff.

-----

Now if you want to NONrandomly lynch out of those three, consider that St.K has been my pick for the meta tell I brought up earlier. In addition, a similar tell that I've seen Amished use to great effect can be summed up here--
lewarcher wrote:2) why did I question the judgement of my predecessor? Hell, it's my job to do it, I am not him!
...and I believe sottyrulez can back me up on that. The tell is that scum are more likely to criticize their predecessors for being scummy or whichever.

Any questions before I vote lewarcher?
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 am

Post by Equinox »

I have finally witnessed the reason behind Vi having that Scummy. That was epic. D:
Vi wrote:And here we get to the heart of where you're (cut by Equinox:
still
) misunderstanding my intentions.
I totally did. Though this makes lewarcher82's claim that much more hilarious.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:45 am

Ok. So right now we can either
1> Lynch Lewarcher or SR
2> Lynch St.K

I'll give my thoughts tomorrow after a reread.
Justice will prevail
\m/

Return to “Completed Open Games”