Post Timer Problems

Obsolete, fixed, and incorrect bug requests and problems. Browse here before posting a new topic, to avoid duplicates.
Mighty Orbots
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Mighty Orbots
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Mighty Orbots »

Yeah, I'm having the same problem with Zorblag. I've got a theory as to why it's happening but no idea how to solve it.

The boards currently think that it's about 5 hours earlier than it is. They've come to this conclusion fairly recently. My guess is that any posts that were made on accounts during this repeating 5 hours will stop the accounts from which they were made from posting until the board's time catches up to where it was before. I'm guessing that because I suspect that it runs some sort of check to see if any posts for an account were made after some time when it's checking to see if it's too soon to check again.

I know that for the past while the board's time was running around 4 mintues behind actual time. That was consistently true for maybe a week (I wasn't paying too much attention once I figured out that the lag was there and that it didn't have any serious affect on play) up until some time yesterday evening when I want to say it re-synched correctly and I had to relog in when I wouldn't normally had to have.

In any case I'd guess that re-syncing the time will fix this but I don't know how that gets done or at what level it might be going wrong.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
With a surge of power, the magnificent mega robot zooms off into space!

Return to “Solved Requests”