(0)
Faraday
(2) - Calcifer, Fate
Fate
(0)

Not Voting
(1) - Faraday

::::::::::::::::

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Enemy movement within US maritime boundaries detected.
[NOAD OPERATOR] Commander, we have another bogey!
[NORAD OPERATOR] Put all our fighter squadrons in the air immediately. We MUST intercept.
[NORAD OPERATOR] Yessir.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Verifying...
[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. Enemy movement within US maritime boundaries verified.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Calculating logical strike points...
[NORAD SYSTEM] Optimal strike is at coordintes 38°53′42.4″N 77°02′12.0″W, registered to Washington, D.C.
[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT.
[NORAD SYSTEM] ALRERT. ALERT. NUCLEAR LAUNCH DETECTED.
[NORAD SYSTEM] Attempting to locate launch site...
[NORAD OPERATOR] Commander, we're being overwhelmed here! You NEED to contact Washington directly!

"Mr President, your security is in danger. We must evacuate immediately."
"I refuse."
"Mr President, as your chief of security, I am authorized to order you to leave. Please do not make me do that."
"Can you just give us a few minutes?"
"…Yes, sir. we'll wait outside."
"So. It seems as though we have lost."
"Indeed, sir."
"We could continue fighting, but what is the use of trying to crawl back like an injured animal, causing millions upon millions along the way? We have been defeated. We will accept it."
"I agree, sir."
"You're being awfully agreeable right now. I would expect you to be screaming that we had a chance right now."
"Inevitable destruction can make a man rather placid."
"Yes…it is a shame we were outplayed…but it is more shameful to delude ourselves into acting as though we have won. I think I will address the nation now."
"I'm afraid there won't be time for that, sir."
"There is time."
"No, sir. There isn't."
"Back to being disagreeable, I see. You would know the location of the enemy stealth aircraft how?"
"I'm sorry, sir. It has been an honor serving with you. Really."
"…so am I."

[NORAD SYSTEM] ALERT. ALERT. STRIKE DETECTED.

Warsaw Pact Victory - Fate (Missile silo), SocioPath (Missile silo), and RedCoyote (Submarine) win!

AlmasterGM
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
AlmasterGM
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 am

Post by AlmasterGM »

Thank you all for playing! All hidden game information will be posted later today. I had a great time with this game, and I hope you did too. As always, your feedback so I can improve future games is welcome.

NOTE: Two players raised the question (via PM) of whether VasudeVa's vote would count, seeing as it was technically not posted on the hydra account. The issue is irrelevant because if he intended FOR it to count, I would count the vote, and if he intended for it NOT to count, he would be modkilled for a violation of Rule #14.
The Rules wrote:14) There is a zero tolerance policy for using subterfuge or deception with moderator commands (by posting the Nuke: [PLAYER NAME] command when you do not possess a nuclear silo, for example). Violations of this rule are punishable by modkill on the first offense.
Either way, the Warsaw Pact wins.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:49 am

Post by AurorusVox »

T~T

Hinduuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:58 am

Post by Fate »

Hindu's play was fucking amazing. I still haven't read the thread, but Hindu's ISO and his interactions with RC were EXCELLENT.

His Cryptoshit in the QT was GENIUS, and Percy cleared him for that so he was DOUBLECLEAREDZ.

He ran into trouble when he had to nuke Socio, because that left him with a dicey 3p endgame where THERE WAS NO REASON FOR ANYONE TO LEAVE HINDU ALIVE BUT HINDU (Faraday was far too intelligent to have made this mistake, which was thankfully countered by VV who was less so and thought he WOULD make that mistake >_>)

And of course the perfect replacement to rush things a long and get VV trigger happy.

ALL AS PLANNED.

ALL AS PLANNED MAH FRIENDS. BTW I DID SCUMCLAIM:
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:59 am

Post by Fate »

Fate wrote:ITS BEEN 24 HOURS BABY.

I'm still not lifting a finger until I get confirmation from AGMod about the mechanics.

No way I'm letting you slip through with some crazy scheme Andrius....

YOU THINK YOU CAN PULL ONE ON
DARTHFATE???!
(we're only supposed use those Darth titles when we're scum Andrius)
WHOOPS.

>_>
<_<

GG SOCIO.

GG RC.

GG SPYREX, WHO CAUSED TOWNS DOWNFALL BY ASKING ME TO REPLACE IN.

MHWHAHAHHAAHAHAHHA
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Fate »

The best thing about this set-up is it is completely open and can be played again and SHOULD be modded again.

+100 Awesome AGM points.

/pre-in for the next one since you post sign-ups when I'm not looking.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Fate »

QT preview:

I was going to start spamming the shit out of it in my normal Fate manner, BUT THEN I remembered that DayTalk posts could be intercepted and I was like "OH SHIT OH SHIT"

Then I thought maybe I SHOULD still spam it in an attempt to make it look like Calcifer was framing me.... when one got intercepted.

But then I realized that I didn't need to frame Calcifer to win, as he was already getting nuked, but rather buddy up to him and get him to vote Faraday. And if he saw another DayQT post in all caps, he'd know it was probably me who forgot that they could be intercepted.

>_>b
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:28 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I picked a scummy power to stop scum getting it...but scum didn't even want it >:(
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 am

Post by Andrius »

Fate wrote:
Fate wrote:ITS BEEN 24 HOURS BABY.

I'm still not lifting a finger until I get confirmation from AGMod about the mechanics.

No way I'm letting you slip through with some crazy scheme Andrius....

YOU THINK YOU CAN PULL ONE ON
DARTHFATE???!
(we're only supposed use those Darth titles when we're scum Andrius)
I SAW THIS. I SAW THIS AND WAS LIKE T_T TOO LATE.

GODDAMMIT. SORRY FARADAY. <3? I SHOULDA VOTED HIM OUT OF SPITE. :evil:

THANKS FOR THE BADASS GAME, AGM, EVEN THOUGH I WAS THE GROUP DUMBASS. (READ THE LYNCH FLAVOR FOR D1/D2) *SIGH*

<3 BRO-SUDEVA.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Fate »

My god, I just read the flavor...

AGM I was reluctant to nom you for best set-up again because you'd be competing against yourself for the scummy, BUT I CAN'T RESIST.

ITS JUST TOO AWESOME.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Fuck. I didn't see that coming.

Sorry Town. >.<

From now on, I'll take SaintKerrigan's LyLo tips to heart: In a 3P LyLo, the Townier person is the last scum.
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:58 am

Post by Andrius »

VasudeVa wrote:Fuck. I didn't see that coming.

Sorry Town. >.<

From now on, I'll take SaintKerrigan's LyLo tips to heart: In a 3P LyLo, the Townier person is the last scum.
You sure its not Ythill's tip? That's what I thought. :S
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Andrius wrote:

Sorry Town. >.<

I got it from SK during the site-move marathon days. It's kinda funny actually. We were in a 3P LyLo with Amished. Me and Amished were cross voting. SK just leisurely voted Amished saying that 'Vas is scummier. Amished is the last scum then.'.

What do you know, Town win. (The explanation was, scum brings whoever they want to LyLo. Of course, they'll want to bring a person scummier than them along. :P)
Call me Vas, ;D A little less active than I used to be due to IRL. Hoping to be back up to speed soon-ish!
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:18 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Also, I could go to Australia, but I'm still a dependent. It's unlikely...but it's likelier since I have relatives there and all. xD.

When do you plan to go? Which part?

(Yeah, I'm 21 but our culture is way different. >.>.)
SocioPath
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
SocioPath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:37 am

Post by SocioPath »

Andrius wrote:

Sorry Town. >.<

I can guarantee that is isn't from Ythill since me and him had a debate about that very thing, with me stating you never vote for the scummier overall person in LYLO.
HE CAME TO HIS SENSES, EVENTUALLY.

AND YAY FATE. <3
Also there were no actual needs for NUKES in LYLO, only the first vote being placed, after FATE lauched the NUKE, and someone voted not-FATE, he could vote, and cancel his NUKE at will. (Given the scenario that he NUKE's himself.)

I think this is the 4th game and last game of mine that I was in that ended recently, which I was also scum in, which I also won.

ALSO THIS IS THE SECOND AGM GAME WHERE VV COST THE TOWN THE WIN! ;D

Although I was sad at my own downtime in the middle of the game, when I was busy with moving and stuff, so I wasn't as active as needing to be.

My overall opinion of the game MECHANICS though, when compared to the source material, I already stated earlier: NEEDEDS MOAR NOOKS.
With fewer available power roles and/or more power roles that dealt with dishing out NUKES in some way (e.g. SUB/FAILSAFE) I think the game would have felt more chaotic and more towards echoing the source material, which I feel would have been a better and completely different experience.
STILL A GOOD GAME THOUGH.
Kinda sad that the 4 SCUMS were the only ones with the NUKES.
I was planning on getting a NUKE since before I ever even signed up for the game.
Aut Tace Aut Meliora Loquere Silentio.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Andrius »

VasudeVa wrote:Also, I could go to Australia, but I'm still a dependent. It's unlikely...but it's likelier since I have relatives there and all. xD.

When do you plan to go? Which part?

(Yeah, I'm 21 but our culture is way different. >.>.)
We'll see. My parents said they'd pay for the flight if I could stay with a friend I know there.
Its a wacked-out possibility, but it'd be amazing it if happened. :D
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:45 am

Post by Fate »

Faraday wrote:and of course fate is lying idiots, he claims scum after town hammers and vice versa.

Oooh how did I miss this page?

<3 you know me all too well.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:56 am

Post by VasudeVa »

You two better goddamn enter the next AGM game.

And I hope you two roll Town and I roll Town and then we can all lose together~!
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Sorry guys, I really ran into some rl stuff this week which is why I was never able to get my case up. Thanks Fate for finishing it up. The point of that last kill was to mindfuck the town so they wouldn't really think about why I was still alive, after being 'obvtown' and 'a town with a nuke' because it made no sense. RC/Socio really helped clear me by the hardcore bussing as well. It was the ideal Day 5.

Sorry AGM for replacing out, I hope you'll let me in more of your games because this one was really awesome.

Like Socio said, the setup needed more chaos. I came into the game expecting to see nukes everywhere and then it turned up only scum had nukes. (I lol'd when I figured it out)

Hey VV, remember popularity mafia where you screwed me and Andy over? Revenge is sweet.

Sorry AV, but at least I specifically mentioned you for getting the honor of the first kill. ^^
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
VasudeVa
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
VasudeVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:46 am

Post by VasudeVa »

Hey VV, remember popularity mafia where you screwed me and Andy over? Revenge is sweet.
Good play! You deserve the win. I did not expect that nuke nor the entire scum team all getting nukes. Plus getting us all on your good side through Daytalk WIFOM. D=<

(Bah, I called you+Doombunny scum in my catchup post though. I guess I should listen to my gut too.)
Hinduragi
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Hinduragi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Hinduragi »

Yeah, you had me worried back then but I was hoping my buddies bussing me would make you re-think lynching me if they flipped before I did.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Faraday »

Blah Hindu and the scum team in general played pretty well. I was pretty convinced Els was scum day 1 too.

Sorry, my play could probs have been better but I've been playing poorly in general lately, so it's not unexpected. Probably need to take a break.

Also this would make a fucking great large theme wouldn't it? More people would be guaranteed nukes :P

have to say, great modding and flavour much love to AGM.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:45 am

Post by RedCoyote »

I loved all the players, especially my scum teammates. I feel sort of bad in that I feel like I let Hindu down a bit during our night time discussions. Luckily it never really came back to bite us, but it very well could have. I just never really was on page with encrypting text. I joined after everything had already started, but I never felt like I was on the same page with everyone unless we were doing the dumb encryption.

I don't think there was any real bad play here. Andrius making a few slip ups with his role probably hurt, but you never know. Without them the game would've been completely different, that's for sure.

I'm so glad I got to replace into the game. I felt like I was the only one who really liked the flavor though!

AGM, you did an absolutely wonderful job. From the mechanics to the flavor, I thought it was really well executed. It was a pleasure to play. I would love to play any similar game in the future. Ideally it may be nice to bring this into the large arena and get a few more nukes flying about, as Socio was hinting at. Still, it was a lot of fun. Good game all.
Zhero
Zhero
Goon
Zhero
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:50 am

Post by Zhero »

Agh, grats scum, you played a good game, especially Hind.

That was a depressing LyLo.
SocioPath wrote:My overall opinion of the game MECHANICS though, when compared to the source material, I already stated earlier: NEEDEDS MOAR NOOKS.
With fewer available power roles and/or more power roles that dealt with dishing out NUKES in some way (e.g. SUB/FAILSAFE) I think the game would have felt more chaotic and more towards echoing the source material, which I feel would have been a better and completely different experience.
Part of that was some weird choices on town's behalf, there were some pretty iffy power roles that ended up getting chosen. Doombunny going down before he had a chance to nightkill or nuke made the game a lot tamer as well.

Definitely enjoyed the game, it had a fun setup, amazing flavor, and a good playerlist, glad to be a part of it!
-Zhero
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 am

Post by RedCoyote »

Oh, Fate, thanks for coming in and winning it for us, too.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”