nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:54 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

ZOMG, Shotty roleblocked me and killed ... Vi =)
sottyrulez wrote:By the way, I'm sorry for suspecting you Equinox...
QFT ^^
Zachrulez wrote:Well VP had to replace out because of an accident that was my fault... blah.

Basically I was sorting through thoughts to Sotty, but I didn't pay attention to the messenger window and sent said messages to VP instead. (They made our alignment obvious.) VP was unable to continue without revealing his alignment to us as a result, so he had to replace out.

I feel so bad about the whole thing.
xD What would you have done VP?

So once again my reads were straight off the path. But Vi saves the day I guess :D. After some of Equinox's crazy posts I didn't think Equinox was scum any more and started working on my failed [Vi-CKD] theory xD, until Vi's benchmark post ofcourse.
Justice will prevail
\m/
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

nopoint wrote:What would you have done VP?
You mean if I had been able to stay? I would have obv claimed vanilla and prayed that SK did the same. That leaves five players, three of whom are town, to be lynched. I also would have shoveled dirt on Vi for wanting MC in the first place because the obviously play for scum is to claim vanilla and thus make the PRs completely null. I would have gone for basically any mislynch at that point, preferring Vi if possible. RB sotty that night and kill you obv.

Presuming SK didn't get lynched Day 1 (and it was heading there, but MC might have shifted focus), that would leave VP, SK, ckd, Equinox, SR in lylo. I probably would have tried to stir up SR towards Equinox again. I don't know if I could have flopped on ckd, but he was pretty much not contributing at that point, so it would have been possible.

I actually think my play this game wasn't all that bad. I was in a fairly decent position with no one other than Vi stating any kind of serious suspicions my way. But, that's the way the cookie crumbles I guess. SK needed to participate and lynching him D1 probably would have ended in a town victory as well, so that's the real key to the puzzle of 'if things could only have been different'.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Ugh this game....

The quick lynch makes up for it though.

<3 Vi
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

sorry, my lylo prediction is my optimal situation lylo. it would be two of [ckd, Equinox, SR]
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*Vi not SR

I'm obviously barely coherent at this point.
YOUR AD HERE

SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:36 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Ugh, I really didn't want to replace out, but real life left me with no time to concentrate on playing mafia, period. Sorry I didn't give you guys a better run for your money.

When I was able to focus and concentrate, I did enjoy the game. You guys were a blast (even amidst all the massive flame assaults and walls of text), and Jason modded well. Would love to play with any of you again when I can actually concentrate on what I'm doing and not be constantly trying to catch up.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:38 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, CKD was right. Karma really is a bitch. :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:46 am

Post by Vi »

You all FAIL at quicklynches forever. Six posts when you could have done it in three. (But it still gets this game on the records page.)
VP Baltar wrote:I would have obv claimed vanilla and prayed that SK did the same.
And you both would have been lynched. You couldn't have flung enough dirt on me to get out of that massclaim.

SaintKerrigan, I respect that your life is busy, but considering at the time the mod got your replacement request you were essentially dead-halfZerg-walking anyway why did you stop the game until jason could basically find someone willing to pick up a guaranteed loss?

Equinox: Put your big girl pants on and get your avatar back. I'm being serious.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:47 am

Post by Vi »

SaintKerrigan wrote:Also, CKD was right. Karma really is a bitch. :P
Curious karma, dog. :P
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:And you both would have been lynched. You couldn't have flung enough dirt on me to get out of that massclaim.
Well, not to get into ego wars or anything, but I wasn't afraid of your massclaim in the least. My main concern was SK claiming vanilla and not trying to do what my replacement did. I know you felt like you were running things at the time, but I didn't really feel like you were in a considerably better position with Equinox or NPAU than I was. I think it would have been very arguable that you as scum would have wanted massclaim at the same time.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 am

Post by VP Baltar »

It wasn't really about getting out of massclaim so much as it was about making you look bad for wanting it.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think "Ego wars" is a great title for this game :lol:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:05 am

Post by VP Baltar »

lol, ditto
YOUR AD HERE

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Vi »

It didn't matter if you were afraid of the massclaim. What mattered was that Equinox and sottyrulez bought into my explanation. Had either of them not been convinced at the reveal, then yes, this game would have turned out even better for you than it already was.
I think "Ego wars" is a great title for this game :lol:
I agree, but it was a bit too painful to watch for my taste.
And I modded MoHO
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 am

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Vi wrote:SaintKerrigan, I respect that your life is busy, but considering at the time the mod got your replacement request you were essentially dead-halfZerg-walking anyway why did you stop the game until jason could basically find someone willing to pick up a guaranteed loss?
Because when I initially submitted the replacement request, I didn't realize it was night. The scumteam didn't have a chance in hell of winning with me still playing anyway due to said RL interference, so I felt replacing me with someone hopefully more active gave my team a better shot at winning. I did toy with the idea of NKing myself for a while, though, because after I skimmed I realized how deep I was in shit.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:14 am

Post by Zachrulez »

When Vi explained the vanilla read on Equinox it made sense to me.

I'm not sure how convincing it would have been for me had it happened without VP's slot claiming cop though. (Which made Vi/Equinox impossible.)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Vi »

Zachrulez wrote:When Vi explained the vanilla read on Equinox it made sense to me.

I'm not sure how convincing it would have been for me had it happened without VP's slot claiming cop though. (Which made Vi/Equinox impossible.)
Even if you lynched me, you could have just followed my instructions the next Day and lynched scum over the next two Days.

Of course, nobody ever listens to dead people so it's a good thing stuff happened the way it did!
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:20 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Vi wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:When Vi explained the vanilla read on Equinox it made sense to me.

Even if you lynched me, you could have just followed my instructions the next Day and lynched scum over the next two Days.

Of course, nobody ever listens to dead people so it's a good thing stuff happened the way it did!
You probably won't believe me, but right about at the point VP replaced out, I essentially pulled a 180 and decided after mulling over equinox's reactions that she was town. This created the most awkward part of the game for our hydra as I managed to convince Sotty that she was scum right before that.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:22 am

Post by Zachrulez »

And we were happy to do the town bloc thing when initially offered after thinking it over knowing that we could just investigate one of Vi or VP anyway. Heh...
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Vi wrote:It didn't matter if you were afraid of the massclaim. What mattered was that Equinox and sottyrulez bought into my explanation. Had either of them not been convinced at the reveal, then yes, this game would have turned out even better for you than it already was.
FWIW, I was going to argue that massclaiming was a bad idea because the scum would just claim vanilla and the town would really be no better off than it already was. I was kind of sad that the scum after me didn't pursue this line of thought, but not much you can do I suppose.
YOUR AD HERE

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:48 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

i got ready to say, i didnt think VP was the type to leave a game.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Nah, I've only ever replaced out of one game and that was because I had way too much RL stuff going on. I definitely wouldn't have left here if I absolutely didn't have to.
YOUR AD HERE

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I think I get drunk off Zach's... enthusiasm when we hydra and become a lot more aggressive as a result. But he does change his mind a lot which makes my head spin. Managed to get wrapped up in Equinox too much, newbie 960 all over again *sigh*. Defo could have played this one better. We should have just lynched VP when I busted him on page one :igmeou: :lol:

But thanks for modding Jason, only thing I would say was could have done with a few more vote counts during day one. But over all a good job.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:02 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

i gots to get myself a hydra.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Vi »

curiouskarmadog wrote:i gots to get myself a hydra.
All the cool kids are getting one. In fact, I have one and I'm not one of the cool kids :P
I'm honestly surprised that I've actually had two legitimate reasons to use it in the past two weeks tbh, but I'm grateful for it.

Return to “Completed Open Games”