implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:17 am

Post by implosion »

Whoa... so many unvotes and revotes.

May as well start the discussion with a question.
@don: are you serious in saying that that vote is serious? If so, how is lewarcher's post scummy? I sort of see where you're coming from, and I would understand that as a justification for a random vote - but if it's really serious, then how is that scummy?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:45 am

Post by implosion »

Gonzoooo wrote:@implosion - so I take it you don't feel that lewarcher's smilies were excessive?
I don't see it as a tell, if that's what you're asking. Aesthetically, maybe, but I don't see how that's relevant to the game.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Zhero wrote:Don makes a good point, and lewarcher's reaction in interesting.

Saporovirus, why two rvs votes?
Why do you address this question only at saporovirus? don also did (though he explained it) as did mallow and lewarcher. And speaking of which, why did these two people make two RVS votes?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #58 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:41 am

Post by implosion »

Unvote, Vote: Consigliere.
So far, he's been talking, but in more of a distractive way than a contributive way. The most relevant thing he's said so far is a request for a vote count. Plus, he felt the need to react to an RVS vote on him.

As of now I don't see anything particularly off about lewarcher. don's point is valid from one perspective, but it isn't nearly as important as he seems to be making it out to be. Sure, it may be an attempt to blend in, but it could just be... a bunch of smilies. Consigliere on the other hand is (in what he's said so far) not helping, and if anything just distracting the town and/or trying to blend in.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #60 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by implosion »

saporovirus wrote:@ implosion: on the other hand, consigliere's not lurking...
In terms of scumtells, active lurk > normal lurk. Normal lurks can be indicative of real-life distractions. Active lurks are generally indicative that someone is trying actively to fit in with the town by posting, but is unable to (or doesn't want to) contribute anything that will help in the hunt.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #67 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:07 am

Post by implosion »

Consigliere wrote: Shows how much you are paying attention.
Why thank you.
My vote thus far was hardly random....I just didn't explain it that fully as I was more aiming it at him. Andrew has made false claims as VT in tthe past 2 games I've been a part of....Just giving him a feeler to see if there's any more chicanery out there...Trust you me I'm on the lookout for scum.
*Checks player list after seeing he made no posts* Andrew isn't in this game :roll:.
I was also serious about asking for a vote tally...I'd be more than happy to do one myself, as I do on another forum I play mafia on (players keep unofficial tallies a lot to help a mod out low on time etc)....That's why I asked so as not to break protocol (This is my 4th game on the site...only 2 completed thus far.)
Whether that was "serious" or not, it still isn't helping anyone find scum.
I would ask you this question in response to your accusation:

I understand the "distracting the town" deal about where yer coming from....but what role wouldn't want to "blend in" on either side? Can you explain to me a situation where any role available wouldn't want to "blend in" on day 1 right off the bat?
Blending in is important in a way to everyone, but the way you've been doing it (or trying to) seems unnatural and scummy. For example, post 49 where you mention having had to google Hunter S. Thompson just seems like an artificial attempt to join into an existing conversation (and it's also irrelevant). What Lewarcher said about this is also true, so we should probably curtail this conversation.
Always lookin' for tips...since you seem soooo....shall we say...."adept" at the mafia trade.

Others can chime in as well...And yes, this question is not just for my future understanding benefit, but to find out where the heck you are coming from with that statement.
Where the heck I'm coming from is that the mafia has a specific incentive to look like something that they are 100% not. If posts contain specific attempts at blending in that do not contain useful information, it's scummy.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:52 am

Post by implosion »

Gonzoooo wrote:Consig is town...he just apparently ate a trunk full of psilocybin before this game began. For realz, if you're voting him over voting someone not in this game, then you're ridiculous. Particularly disappointed in you saporovirus.
That isn't a reason for me voting him, in fact that mistake means nothing in terms of whether he is town or scum. I stated my reasons before. If you think he's town, why? How are you so sure of yourself ("Consig is town" instead of "I think Consig is town")? I still think he's scum for what I've stated. His latest post just continues the pattern of... vapidness. His posts all utterly lack anything resembling scumhunting or anything really contributive.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:58 am

Post by implosion »

Gonzoooo wrote: I'm fairly certain he's town by the way the scum are trying to make him into a punching bag. I agree that consig needs to post some content, but what separates him from several other players in this game that have done very little other than sheep popular votes? Nothing as far as I can see except he looks like a possible mislynch. That's how I'm certain he's town. Possible VI, but still town.

See, it's this kind of poor play that loses games for town all the time. I ask you the same question as I asked implosion, what separates Consig from several other players that are not actively scumhunting in this game? What about Powerrox? He just posted essentially saying 'eh, I'm not even really trying to do anything'. How is Consig scummier than him? Because he was confused about someone not in the game? He gave a very plausible reply as to why he did it. No harm, no foul.

What about Zhero? Notice how he stopped posting once I called him out. What about smashbro and xenophon? Where's don johnson at? You guys really need to learn to actually look for scum behavior instead of stupid behavior.
The thing that separates Consigliere from other lurkers to me is that he has said a lot - but none of it has actually contained scumhunting or even opinions. He's also made lengthly comments that are overtly irrelevant - his "sugar hangover" comment, the Hunter S. Thompson comment. He's
actively
lurking, not just lurking. And as for the andrew vote, me (and Lewarcher) have both said that this was not a reason for our votes. I also agree with most of what Lewarcher said in post 93, particularly his first point. It's nearly a week into the game, and bandwagons have to appear sooner or later. And just because there's a bandwagon on day one, it doesn't mean it isn't on scum, which I think it is. Also, I still don't understand your position on him - you say you're "fairly certain" then go on to say you are certain. Are you saying that you are 100% sure that Consig is town? If so, how? You say it's because nothing separates him from others... well first of all, there are things. And second of all, even if so, so what? How would that make him definite town?

As for the other people you mention:

Powerrox: his "minimal reads on everyone" post does disconcert me for similar reasons to Consig, as does his apparent confusion even though Don explained himself thoroughly. Of your examples, he is probably the scummiest.

Zhero: he was a bit slow to start, but he's giving opinions. He's contributing. Certainly better than Consig.

Smashbro: has posted content. He's lurking, but not actively lurking; his third post contains a lot of content.

xenophon: who the hell knows. He hasn't posted since his confirmation. There is no way as of now to read him, unfortunately.

don: again, a normal lurker. He's made one vote, explained it when asked, then kind of... disappeared until a few hours ago.

Powerrox and Zhero appear to be getting more active, which is good. If Smashbro, xeno and don could post more (or for xeno, at all) that would be helpful.

As for your (Gonzoooo's) vote on werewolf, I'm completely in agreement with your reasoning, but again I don't see how you seem to be 100% sure about everything, unless you yourself are scum. Come to think of it, I also don't like werewolf's vote on Gonzoooo very much. It seems like he was just taking something strange and voting Gonzoooo for it, rather than voting him for something scummy.

May as well post reads on everyone else too while I'm at it.

mallow: I'm surprised he isn't in Gonzoooo's list of people that are comparable to Consig. He's been lurking. I don't have a strong read on him right now, just as I don't have a strong read on the other generic lurkers. I would lean town simply because he hasn't done anything scummy, and because of his contributing to game-relevant matters. I'd also lean town on Smashbro and don, Smashbro because his most recent post is good (opinions, questions) and don because of his explanation of his vote on Lewarcher (even if I don't really agree with it) and his vote did help us transition into the non-RVS scumhunting phase. And as I said, xeno is completely null. No posts = nothing to look at.

Lewarcher: his play so far is good. He's active, and hasn't done anything that seems scummy, particularly in his reaction to the first "real" vote. Probtown.

saporo: has also been active in the discussion. Has also done nothing scummy that I see. Also probtown.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #113 (isolation #10) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:01 am

Post by implosion »

Consig appears to have disappeared. So sad. If he gets replaced, I'll give his replacement a chance in case Consig is just a VI. I still think he's scum right now, though.

Next on my list of scumminess would be... Powerrox, werewolf, and probably Gonzoooo.

Powerrox is starting to look very similar to Consigliere. He posted an opinion about something, but it was very weakly formulated. And now, he's starting to actively lurk again. Essentially, he's looking like Consig minus the filler comments, which essentially leaves... nothing?

werewolf's votes just look scummy to me. His first vote on Gonzoooo had pretty half-assed reasoning and he then immediately followed Lewarcher's coattails and changed to Consig using Lewarcher's reasoning. And the rest of his play isn't particularly townish either.

As for Gonzoooo, there is Lewarcher's point that he's attacking a lot of people with weak arguments... but I'm also still uneasy about how he seems literally 100% sure about everything he does. Sure, being really ambivalent is very scummy because it probably means the person in question is scum trying to keep their options open. But on the other end of the spectrum, only the scum know for sure who the scum are. I don't know if Gonzoooo's repetitive... assuredness is accidental or if he's scum who knows everything and is trying to look good. On the other hand, he actively contributes, which I can't really say about any of my other fosses.

I'd be willing to support a bandwagon on any of these four. Yes, I know there are only 3 scum, but all four of these people just seem either hellishly scummy, or bordering on it. I think any of the four is likely scum. For now, I'm keeping my vote on Consig, because the other three have at least posted some sort of contribution to the hunt.

Also, I'm readily awaiting xeno's replacement (assuming he doesn't respond to his prod).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #129 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by implosion »

All of my fosses have inexplicably vanished, and none of the four I mentioned have posted in the last day (Consig is just gone, and werewolf's been gone for about 2 days)... I really wish they were here to give some kind of reply to my suspicions against them, especially Powerrox and werewolf. Powerrox, why aren't you giving any strong opinions? Who are your biggest fosses? Why? werewolf, why so quiet? Can you further explain the reasoning behind your two non-RVS votes (ISO 3 and 4)? Gonzoooo's constant sureness could be just a personality trait, but still... how are you so apparently sure about literally everything? Is it just in your personality? Consig.... I've kind of given up on. He's gone, so I'm assuming. If he ever gets back, I'd like him to say... something. About someone. An opinion about someone.

As for Zhero; I see where the people that think he's scum are coming from, but I also think he's been producing town behavior. Particularly, his most recent post asks a lot of good questions and also raises a good point about the apparent false dichotomy that Lewarcher is presenting. I don't know if Lewarcher is trying to convince the town of this, or if he's just convinced himself, but no such absolute exists. Lewarcher, comments on this?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #144 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:34 pm

Post by implosion »

don_johnson wrote: we could have an extremely active town and an extremely lurky scum team.
What do you mean by this? Are you saying it's likely and/or you think it, or are you just saying it's a possibility? It being a possibility is kind of implicit, and I don't really see why you would just say something is possible, since really anything is possible.

Since we have 3 replacements pending, there really isn't much to do until they arrive. We could still scumhunt in the mean time, but 2 of my fosses were replaced, so when the replacements arrive we'll be able to (hopefully) pick up the pace of the game again.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #170 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by implosion »

Activity. Yay. Thanks for replacing, Admiral.

I'm really tired from debate right now. I'll post more analysis/etc tomorrow.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #186 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote

Purple: where particularly in Lewarcher's posts do you think that giving him benefit of the doubt in regards to language would make him less scummy? Or to rephrase, where in his posts is there something that could be interpreted as scummy based on language?
werewolf wrote:That is what I believed, and that since consig had more votes, it would be easier to get him lynched because of his previous behavior.
So you wanted to lynch him because you thought he would be easier to lynch?

Mallow: opinions? fosses? towntells? Anything?

Admiral: A lot of this (the case on Lew) is interesting. I see the whole "constantly justifying his vote" thing, but the rest I'm not sold on. How is backtracking scummy? You say he's scummy for not justifying his votes with real evidence that would help scum - how does backtracking help scum? The justification thing makes sense to me and I see how it would be a scum tactic, particularly in lew's ISO 23 where really all he does is... well, bash Gonzooo who he had already voted for.

Mallow I really am not sure about. He needs to post something substantive to examine. Several others have asked him to already, iirc. He really is actively lurking, but he also complains a lot about being too busy to post anything useful. I'd appreciate it if he could find some free time to actually make a post with more than one line of his own words.

werewolf... just keeps getting scummier. He pretty much admitted (I think) to trying to get an easy lynch on Consig, in fact the
only
reason he changed his vote is because he thought Consig would be easier to lynch. None of his votes have legitimate justification, he actively lurks...
Vote: werewolf

I also see the argument that him and lew are likely scumbuddies, but werewolf just seems way scummier to me. I can still envision lew being town even if werewolf is scum, but werewolf is just scummier every time I look at him.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #212 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by implosion »

mallowgeno wrote:Apparently whatever I say won't be taken seriously, therefore I refuse to answer. (oooo scummy)
First of all, no.
Second of all, you saying things helps us determine your alignment regardless of whether or not those things are smart/accurate/taken seriously.
Third of all, what would you lose by not answering even if it wasn't taken seriously? You were asked. Why are you avoiding the question?

Why you not only passively but now actively refuse literally to do anything is beyond me, unless you are scum. You even admit that what you are doing is scummy.
mallowgeno wrote:As for werewolf, prematurely claiming is quite scummy. Even so, if you are a VT you take it until you are lynched (unless lylo/mylo).
Please, elaborate on why you think this is scummy (just to make sure, others, please don't answer for him, I want to hear
his
reasoning).
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #216 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:04 pm

Post by implosion »

mallowgeno wrote:
implosion wrote:
mallowgeno wrote:As for werewolf, prematurely claiming is quite scummy. Even so, if you are a VT you take it until you are lynched (unless lylo/mylo).
Please, elaborate on why you think this is scummy (just to make sure, others, please don't answer for him, I want to hear
his
reasoning).
This is in English is it not?
You say it's scummy. I'm asking why you think it's scummy. E.G., why would a scum be more likely to claim early than a townie?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #244 (isolation #17) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 am

Post by implosion »

Sorry about disappearing the past few days. Midterms are irritating. Glad werewolf got lynched though.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #257 (isolation #18) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:26 am

Post by implosion »

Gonzoooo wrote:@mallow - you've said very little this game. I want your next post to be an extensive list of reads and your thoughts on the lynch/kill last night and who you would most like to see lynched immediately.
Agreed.
don_johnson wrote:I'm on holiday, but will try to read and post by the weekend. Chesskid premature claim is antitown.
Agreed. However:
lewarcher82 wrote:
chesskid3 wrote:ah crap I forgot about this one.
implying you did not act at night? LoL
Why did you bring this up at all?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #269 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:35 am

Post by implosion »

lewarcher82 wrote: Before anyone does something stupid: no,
vig must not claim
. He just must not shoot, for the moment. Vig is not useless. He is just useless in this phase of the game. At game end, on a mylo-situation (and being an open-game, we will know very well when it is mylo), if we mislynch he may save our ass by shooting right.
QFT. Even if there was never any chance for the vig to shoot again, they would
still
be useful as a townie with a special name.
I want to share my reading of Thad, since I didn't write anything yet. I believe he is town. I liked the way he sticked to his vote on me when someone proposed to lynch werewolf first, and I liked the way he carefully read the post in which I explained my not-even-half-case on mallow. That said, I have no idea what his reading of me is, and at the moment I do not care. I want rather everyone to tell me what they think of Thad, since he is the only new-entry who actually posted some real content so far.
ThAdmiral looks like town, yes. He suspected Lew and stuck by it until Lew made a post dispelling his reason for voting him. His reasoning looks solid. Purple Orange is also a new entry who has posted a lot of real content, by the way.

@Purple Orange: please elaborate on this:
Purple Orange wrote:
Gonzoooo

I'd obviously have to die to prove it, but Gonzoooo was right, and Consig was "confused town," not mafia. And stepping out and preventing the lynch of a VI isn't something scum has much motivation to do. Sure, I can think of an instance or two where it would make sense, but the odds are low enough that I'll mark Gonzo's defense of Consig as a strong towntell, until something proves otherwise.
I'm also suspicious of Purple Orange for a very passive response to the werewolf wagon. I'm not entirely sure if it's passive support or passive dislike, but I think it's the former. In post 214, Purple both dismisses what he sees as reasoning for most of the werewolf wagon, and says that he still thinks werewolf is scum. It looks to me like he didn't want to be on the wagon, yet he wanted to make it look like he thought werewolf was scum. Or, he wanted no connection or even a strong disconnection to the wagon, but still had to uphold his previous position that werewolf was scum.

Vote: Purple Orange
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #277 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by implosion »

lewarcher82 wrote:stop eating turkey and come back to the game, you yankees! :-)
But it's so good...

And I'm still waiting on mallow and chesskid. As I think most of us are.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #308 (isolation #21) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by implosion »

Lew wrote:@implosion: I do not think what you write about purple's behaviour against werewolf makes much sense. But again, such a behaviour would be typical for a scum-newbie. However, I highly doubt that purple is really a new-player.

@implosion(2): you mean a vig could act as a uncc'd and therefore cleared townie? I disagree, this would imply that he has to claim, and besides, since no smart vig would ever claim, we could not trust a claimed vig, cuz he could be scum pretending to be him.
1: Purple joined in November and has Townsperson status, so I'm kind of assuming she's at least new to this site. She does seem to have mafia experience in general.
2: What I meant is that in the event that the vigilante never had a chance to shoot again (for example, if the game went to 3-way LYLO with the vig, a VT, and a mafioso) they would still be better to have than a VT because they have a different name and could become clear by claiming at lylo.
Lew wrote:I am unable to understand implosion's case on purple. I would like an explanation with quotes from her posts.
Purple's post 214 (or the second half of it):
Purple Orange wrote:And another note:
People are jumping on wolf over this switch of vote and "easier to lynch" thing, but I actually think he actually explained himself coherently. (Whether there's scumslips in the language he actually chose, and whether his explanation is a plausible one, are different matters. But it's at least coherent).

Wolf said in his 3rd post, where he voted for Gonzoooo, that he believed Gonzoooo and Consig were scumbuddies. Consig later started to get more votes than Gonzoooo, and kept engaging in behavior that was making him more suspect than Gonzoooo. He looked like the easier of the two to get lynched first. So wolf moved his vote over to Consig, to aid the process, and to try to make sure at least one of his suspects got lynched. (This is what the "economical" use of the vote referred to).

In terms of the outline of his reasoning, I don't see it as being very different from me saying in my post that I suspect both wolf and mallow of being scum, and am willing to vote for either of them. As I think wolf's first post was a garbage reason pulled out of thin air, though, the fact that he's consistently stuck to his case doesn't make me suspect him any less.
First paragraph: Purple essentially condemns the wolf wagon, saying that the majority of reasoning on it is flawed. Second paragraph: she explains how some of wolf's actions make sense. Third paragraph: she says she is still suspicious of wolf and is still willing to vote for him.

The first and third paragraphs here aren't quite a contradiction, but it seems to me like Purple wanted to support the wolf wagon while at the same time condemning it - I.E., support a lynch on werewolf while condemning those on the lynch wagon. Purple in 273 admits to having done this, so it's just a question of if it's scummy, and I still think it is. It isn't
exactly
a contradiction, but it looks like scum trying to milk as much as possible out of the wolf wagon.

More in a sec.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #309 (isolation #22) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by implosion »

The mallow issue

mallow looks more like a VI than scum, and yes, he looks like a very easy target. From what I remember reading about VIs (at least I think I read something) he looks more town than scum actually, because he was at least making legitimate attempts to scumhunt (ISO 9, 17, 20, 21). So that slot is probably town.

The Smash wagon

The argument about him voting/tunneling mallow definitely holds weight. As I just said, mallow is an easy target and his slot is likely town. Smash's all-game long tunneling is definitely suspicious, particularly since mallow posted so little.

As for what Smash says about the Zhero wagon - out of the nine living players, 4 were on that wagon. So yes, odds are at least one scum was on that wagon. I doubt that there are more than one scum on it, because I doubt a second scum would make a move onto the wagon after seeing a first do it, as it would likely draw a link between them.

don_johnson

d_j is getting lazy. Of his last four votes (ISOs 16, 18, 20, 24), he explains zero of them (although ISO 20 has an obvious reason). I don't know if this is scum lazy, but I think it might be. don, is there any reason that you haven't done anything substantive since... well really ISO 7 and a few posts around then. All you've done today is talk about a voting block and well post 302, which ThAd already asked the necessary question about. There hasn't really been any real scumhunting from you recently.

These two (Smash, d_j) as well as Purple Orange are my current top suspects.

I also need to reevaluate Gonzooo/lew at some point, and vollkan when he's posted more.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #365 (isolation #23) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:10 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry, I've been slowly rereading the game for like an hour. Post is coming soon.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #368 (isolation #24) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:15 pm

Post by implosion »

Was writing this on and off and/or multitasking for the past couple hours.

Summary of everything since my last post:

dj 311: calling someone lazy then saying you don't feel the need to do much. INTERESTING. Also shenanigans about the whole "move on" thing, which is still really weird.
dj 317: o_o.
Smash 319: nothing really new. Not a terrible post, but it does contain more mallow tunneling.
Gonz 320: townpost. Scolding lew, giving reads, catching up and questioning in a nice concise package. Also lol@voting for saporo. As for the question in that post: I still think Purple's reaction on day one is strange and scummy. However, she is towntelling in other areas, so I'll just call her null for now. I like her posting overall, but I'm still withheld by this instance.
vollkan 324: nothing particular of note. Explaining his system, questioning/responding to those with high scores.
Purple 327: another fairly normal post, and a good example of Purple's overall protownness with legitimate points.
ThAd 329: tunneling Smash for tunneling mallow, essentially. Relevant in the context of Gonzoooo 349 later.
don/lew 334-344ish: Gonzoooo 337 sums it up nicely in one sentence. This strange conversation is counterproductive if anything, it'll just help the scum find the vig. Unlikely that they're both scum, but 1 out of don/lew is likely for rolefishing. lew also did rolefish at the beginning of the day, but I can see it as accidental. This conversation on the other hand went on for
way
too long. don for the more likely scum, because of (and someone said this already) his continuation of the conversation in 342 after lew tried to curtail it in 340. The whole back and forth was idiotic and shouldn't have happened in the first place.
ThAd 345: referral to the first lew possible rolefishing without mentioning the last 10 highly relevant posts... wut?
Smash 346: this post is pretty legit. Good arguments, etc. 346 also contains a don case, which is good, since don has been getting scummier and scummier.
vollkan 348: another unremarkable post, especially for its size. vollkan really stopped analysis for the most part after his reread, but I think that's a personality tell, though I'd prefer an opinion with meta experience of him. Also relevant in the context of Gonzoooo 349.
Gonzoooo 349:
Gonzoooo wrote:I also don't like that the more experienced players (volkan, ThAd, dj) all seem to be tunneling the shit out of his lynch. There are three scum in the game, and yet you three don't seem to see much beyond his lynch today. I'm not saying its implausible he's your top suspect, but when you're not looking at much else it starts to worry me that SOMEONE is going down the no-no path if you catch my drift. I don't believe all three of you are town, regardless of smash's alignment.
This, especially in the cases of where I already mentioned this post. Where this post applies, it really sums up the situation quite nicely. As for his comment on the Smash wagon, I generally don't like to correlate support for a wagon with likelyhood of scum. Bussing is always a possibility, for one thing. However, in this case, most of the voting seems pretty... tunnely.
lew 351: specifically the first thing he says. It's good that he's trying to cut off the conversation, specifically because I think he's doing it more in a way to avoid the conversation than to avoid the question. On the other hand:
Purple 352: a blatant accusation of rolefishing directed at lewarcher (at least that's the most notable thing IMO). Something like this needed to come from someone at some point. I really think one of lew/dj is likely scum, because I doubt a conversation like what transpired would happen between 2 mafia, but it just seems like pointless rolefishing on one of their parts and a need to continue the conversation for the other. Not much else of lew makes me suspicious, so I'm inclined to look at don for scum.
dj 354: essentially, he's saying he has no meta. Hrm.
Gonzoooo 356: not much. lulz.
dj 359: honestly, not much notable here. He refutes Smash's case. I still think don is scummy however, mostly because of what I already brought up in my last posts and also because of the possible rolefishing incident.
dj 363: thing is, Consig never
did
anything. lew did.
ThAd 366: okay, that's cleared up.
ThAd 367: and you brought this up BECAUSE........???????? :?: If you were town, this is another one of those things that you would have
no reason to say

General plea to everyone: lets stop talking about the vig now, shall we?

Unvote

Vote: don_johnson (L-1)

Still somewhat suspicious of Smash (alliteration unintentional). Purple reads town except for that one blemish that I can't quite overcome. Growing suspicion of ThAd, and also possibly vollkan based off of Gonzoooo 349. Gonzoooo for town. lew for PROBABLY town, because his rolefishing looks like it could be accidental to me and nothing else he's done is scummy imo. mallow's slot is still probably town, but we'll see his replacement.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #370 (isolation #25) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by implosion »

Me voting you is in no way OMGUS, and you calling what I just did OMGUS makes me even surer that you're scum, because:
1) calling my vote OMGUS is an easy way to dismiss it, while it being after yours is actually just a coincidence of timing;
2) my vote clearly isn't OMGUS because I justified it with a
lot
of evidence;
3) my suspicion of you is nothing new. I became suspicious of you originally in post 309, I'm voting you now because your behavior since then reinforced what I thought then.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #390 (isolation #26) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by implosion »

ThAdmiral wrote:Also I hate extensions when I am scum, so...
Are you saying that you asking for an extension makes you town? If not, what do you mean by this and why did you say it?
don_johnson wrote:volkan: what i mean is, do you think its something more than coincidence that both the players i have accused today have moved their votes to me in response? have you read either of their cases against me? do you think their points are valid or no? like i said, when i get the time i am going to shred implosions post, but i would like to see what others think as i will find complacence without response a bit scummy.
Again, I didn't move my vote to you in response to you voting me. I read recent posts, found you the scummiest, and voted you. Just because I saw that you had voted me, that doesn't mean I'm not going to vote you if you're the scummiest.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #393 (isolation #27) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Post by implosion »

ThAdmiral wrote:
implosion wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Also I hate extensions when I am scum, so...
Are you saying that you asking for an extension makes you town?
That, or that I am scum doing something that I don't like doing as scum.
...So, WIFOM.

Also @Purple, the extension's already been granted.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #410 (isolation #28) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by implosion »

don_johnson wrote:i think its a relevant point that neither implo or smash has made a decent point in regards to their votes on me. there is no real analysis in their posts. i will be shredding implo this evening.
I'm so excited, especially since you've been talking about it so much in your last 10 or so posts and asking for others' opinions without saying one thing about it yourself.

@ThAd
: not that this should need asking but... why the WIFOM? Actually speaking of WIFOM...
Smash wrote:If I had been scum, I would have popped on every so often and made small posts to push the dj case further, hoping for a quick lynch and the day to be over.
Why the WIFOM here?

ThAd keeps looking more odd to me... I need his explanation for the WIFOM. Smash also continues scurrilous activity... I need his explanation too. d_j just keeps getting scummier. To answer Gonzoooo, and as it should be clear, my vote is on d_j. These three are my top scumreads at this point, but it's unlikely (for reasons that have been stated, it would be a very unlikely bus) that both d_j and Smash are scum. Not sure who I'd put after these three.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #412 (isolation #29) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by implosion »

Another post that procrastinates.

Please read the first half of that post.
implosion wrote:you've been talking about it so much in your last 10 or so posts and asking for others' opinions without saying one thing about it yourself.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #448 (isolation #30) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:08 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry about inactivity, RL is really demanding right now. If I have time later today I'll post more, if not then I won't.

Also, I'll be V/LA until Sunday.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #521 (isolation #31) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry. I haven't "disappeared." I just got home and ate dinner.

VT.

d_j's order is better IMO. vollkan and ThAd are both scummier than Gonzoooo.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #541 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:20 am

Post by implosion »

Okay. ThAd being JK narrows things down nicely. Btw, there's
no
reason to WIFOM right now. Like literally no reason. This game is pretty much won. Don't screw it up.

That said, Gonzoooo and d_j both do overall look like town. So I'm good with vollkan or PO.
Gonzoooo wrote:@ThAd - do you honestly believe if I was scum that I'd be ballsy enough to mess with hypo-vig dj? Especially after I leaned on him so hard yesterday. That's ridiculous.
That really isn't ridiculous. In fact, if you were scum and d_j was vig, you would probably react exactly how you did - it would look strange if you weren't willing to accept his obvious request for WIFOM. d_j is the most likely town at this point since Smash flipped scum, but Gonzoooo is in no way clear - I'd rather he and d_j not try to WIFOM. It really doesn't do much against the scum, either.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #547 (isolation #33) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: Purple Orange

Mostly because the scummiest thing about vollkan is his lack of contribution yesterday, and it's consistent with his meta. PO's last post doesn't make any sense, particularly the first line he wrote (criticizing me for... something). Also, saying he'd rather be lynched than vollkan is really strange and something town has no reason to say. Also, if any of you call this OMGUS,
I will rip your heart out and feed it to you
I will be irritated.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #549 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by implosion »

How he voted Smash and then did fairly little scumhunting the rest of the day.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #556 (isolation #35) » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:59 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote, vote: vollkan
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #576 (isolation #36) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:10 am

Post by implosion »

TBH, the mafia QT is really boring xD. I have no problems with showing it if Smash/vollkan don't. The setup may have been broken simply considering that the mafia got the rolecop as early as possible (barring a mislynch on the rolecop, which would be really unlikely) and we never got any use out of it.

Also, as soon as I saw two VT deaths, I was praying that there wouldn't be a massclaim... I saw someone say to NL without talking, but sadly they had unvoted by the time I made it to the thread :(.

I also agree that it would be interesting as a larger setup, maybe even closed.

Return to “Completed Open Games”