Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Vren »

Catch-up Notes

--Magna: I would say I have a 10/10 familiarity with Lost and that the second season is probably my favorite (if looking at individual seasons). Also, I read LostS1, so I am familiar with what people are going on about so far. (Those of you who haven't seen it might want to so you avoid spoilers. I think you can stream it on Netflix, and that's cheaper than buying it.)

--I agree that there is/would be little scum motivation for Dekes' revelation.

--CK/Jason: Jason, I second Magna's question...it makes sense that if you are scum again that you would try to play against your meta. I disagree with CK that your asking about that is necessarily a scumslip. I'm glad you both decided to end the discussion, though. Those kinds of arguments can go on for way too long and are anti-town. They can also look like distancing. :igmeou: both.

--Enigma: Why such an angry reaction to AGar's vote?
Enigma wrote: Btw nice of you to put a vote down now. Why didn't you vote Magma in your previous post instead of just FoSing him?
What are you trying to achieve with a FoS on him but a vote on me?
Dance, Sode no Shirayuki...
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Vren »

Enigma wrote:@Vren, Lol if you associate that to angry, you will be at a loss of words when you see my play when I get involved into the game.

But it is a serious question, and one which I am anxiously waiting to see the answer of.
Because I see it as a bussing slip between Agar and Magna.

You attempting to discount it as AtE as an attempt to discredit me and not take it in context of the situation, is duly noted though. Soft defending your scum buddy so early already ... poor effort!
Your overly-defensive reactions to AGar's vote for you and to my simply questioning you are also "duly noted." In both situations, you have claimed that negative attention given to you is a scumtell, and while I can't speak for AGar, mine was simply a question.

You see the vote as a "bussing slip" between AGar and Magna, yet in the very next sentence you accuse me of defending "my" scumbuddy. Thanks to Dekes, we know the set-up is 9-2-1, so tell me, how exactly can both of your statements here work in that formula? Or, is anyone who accuses you or questions you automatically scum?
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Vren »

I wasn't being defensive, so I can't be "overly"-defensive. I was making observations about your play. You questioned AGar's vote on you, turning it into a scum-slip. When I asked you about the vote, you then turned my question into a scum-slip. Pointing out that you turn negative attention into scumtells isn't being defensive, it's being observant, as you have, on two occasions now, done exactly that. You could have answered my question and moved on, you know...but you took it a step further and made an accusation out of it. Why was that necessary?
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #205 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Vren »

--Dram: I disagree with you that he was all lighthearted (I read him as more aggressive), but I am also done with the issue as I think I've gotten a clear enough read on him from it (even though he didn't answer my last question); in quite a few games I've read, early defensiveness has been displayed more often by town, so...yeah. Not really much else to say about it. (Also, how is one question and two responses to his comments "constant"?)

--Magna: It doesn't seem that anyone was really thinking one way or the other about Dekes' claim after the initial response to it; I'm kind of curious about your initial question on the matter since there was a lot of discussion about other things between his claim and your question, and none of it was really on Dekes at all.

--AGar: If meta is crap, why do you bring up so many instances from the first game, and why do you mention Magna's third-party play in another game? Is there no discernible value to meta at all? (I'm asking this in earnest.)

--Gandalf: You're voting for CK, but do you have any other reads of any kind?

--WTB more content from Vezok and ToonFighter.

--Call: I like the second season because it introduces so many new characters and mysteries. You know, like
Mr. Eko, Benry, and Desmond. Ben is absolutely one of the best characters ever created in all of literature, hands down, and the scenes with him in S2 are bloody fantastic...for example, the cereal scene
. (Spoiler tags for those who may not be finished with the second season.)
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #228 (isolation #5) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Vren »

--Magna:
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Vren wrote:Magna: It doesn't seem that anyone was really thinking one way or the other about Dekes' claim after the initial response to it; I'm kind of curious about your initial question on the matter since there was a lot of discussion about other things between his claim and your question, and none of it was really on Dekes at all.
What are you curious about? I can’t really respond to vague curiousity.
I think what I'm trying to say is that no one was mentioning it; in my case, I didn't think it was scummy, so I didn't mention it, and I'm guessing that's why most people passed on it. I'm just wondering why the issue needed to be highlighted and questioned if you were going to conclude he was town anyway, as most people seem to have done. It stood out to me because of the wording; like, you asked, but you answered before anyone else did, so it wasn't like you were gauging reactions, but instead like you were maybe asking so as to have something to ask.

--CK:
Chesskid3 wrote:Things of note: Dekes calling an argument town v town. Oh the memories of lost s1. got my eye on that, though it's probably just something he does, since he's almost certainly town based on the claim.
Why point this out and say it's fishy and then immediately clear him anyway?

--AGar: What about your vote on Magna and your reference to his third-party game?

--Jason: Vezok has an established meta for this sort of behavior; at this point in the game, are you voting him because you think he's scum, or because you think that he's a safe place to put a vote and not draw negative attention? Also, I'm pretty sure Enigma's vote on Call is sarcastic, as Magna has a vote him for being too defensive himself.
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (isolation #6) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:03 am

Post by Vren »

--Jason: This might refresh your memory of Vezok. < http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 03&start=0 > Also, could you answer this please?
Vren wrote:--Jason: Vezok has an established meta for this sort of behavior; at this point in the game, are you voting him because you think he's scum, or because you think that he's a safe place to put a vote and not draw negative attention?
--Gandalf: It's nice that you think Vezok is town, but who do you think is scum?

--Enigma: Hrm, are you buddying me?!? :P
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (isolation #7) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 pm

Post by Vren »

--AGar: I meant FoS. :oops:

--CK: You said someone did something you found scummy and then turned around and cleared them in the same sentence. THAT's what I asked you about, so telling me the answer is "right there" isn't really answering my question. Posting things like "whatever of [yours] I quoted" make it look like you are just trying to find something useful to say, which is why I asked you about it.
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (isolation #8) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Post by Vren »

--CK: Okay,
that's
an answer. (I'm not a mind reader, you know.)
Vren
Vren
Townie
Vren
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (isolation #9) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Vren »

--CK: I wasn't asking you about what you said, I was asking about WHY you said it. You said he did something scummy, and then you said he was probably town. I asked why you bother to bring it up and then clear him in the same sentence. Why bother watching it if you think he's town?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”