Mini 1084: The New Jersey Shore (Game Over)

Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Chaotic Neutrality »

What madness is this?
It's all in bad taste.
For not yet confirming,
I'll have to VOTE: Jase
There is no good or evil. There is only fun and boring.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 am

Edit by way of post:
I'm more observant than most
But Scott Ninja'd me
At a quarter to three
So now my random vote is toast
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm

Jase wrote:Jersey

I declare myself confirmed town.
Everyone knows people from
that
place are
orange
scum.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:26 pm

themanhimself wrote:Why are we thinking that chaotic neutrality is writing everything as a poem? Role restriction is the obvious guess, any more elaborate ideas?
Guderian wrote:It seems awfully early to speculate about that, I would easily believe he simply likes writing poems.
I decided I'd start the game off with a couple (admittedly crappy) poems and see how that worked out. It was a gambit to blast us out of RVS (which I hate with a passion) and reaction fish a bit. I got nothing from the actual reactions to my poems, but the reactions to the reactions are quite revealing.

Best example:
Llamarble wrote:My first nonrandom vote goes to:
VOTE: themanhimself

He hypothesizes post restriction and then asks for other ideas.
I would have done the same in that situation. I consider what he did a town/neutral move.

I don't see anything coming of this other than discussion of special roles, which helps scum.
Not really. If we were discussing any special roles, it would be of post restriction. Post restrictions are given irregardless of alignment.

scum are more likely to have "PRs on the brain" so this strikes me as a scum thought process.
Post restriction is given irregardless of role too.

Scum are also likely more likely to emphasize being part of the team with word choice such as "we."
"We" is quite obviously addressing the town as a whole. Scum are no more likely to use "we" than town are.

Finally, his post has a strong feel of "trying to look useful without being so."
This is the only part of your post I agree with.
Red italics
are mine. The questions (not quoted) he asked weren't particularly helpful to scumhunting. It looks like he grabbed the first opportunity he could to make a big deal out of something to look helpful.

More later, supper first.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:56 pm

VOTE: Gunthrie
I'm not letting this get away:
Guthrie wrote:Indeed. themanhimself last post looks like he is already thinking about the flip, and that he also knows the result.
Fos
"I agree" FoS, bad assumptions.
Guthrie wrote:
unvote
Vote Hanzo

I had a strange feeling from your first voting post. It looks like you thought too much about it.
And after Carrot's post, i felt it was good to vote you. Anyway, we need a wagon to heat things up, do we not?
Strange unexplainable feeling, clear bandwagoning with no reason. There are paragraphs that have been written so far, and you respond with four simple sentences of no real value or worth.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:42 pm

Hanzo_5 wrote:Guderian, My defense was that those quotes were lifted out of context. Twice now you have missed my reasoning and asked for it. Are you not reading my posts?
Except you failed to provide proper context. You can't declare something null by simply yelling "It's out of context!". Most of those accusations were actually in proper context, and his allegations towards you are perfectly valid.

You could also help by scumhunting, and not just putting up a petty little defense for yourself. And I mean actual scumhunting. OMGUS voting doesn't count.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:02 pm

Hanzo_5 wrote:Also you are right I'm vanilla townie, I'm claiming it. I'm sure someone will find that scummy.
It's anti-town at best.
themanhimself wrote:Hmm, that's actually a good question hanzo, thought provoking at least. I would say that both you and carrot cake outlined your arguments on observations which are subjective to opinion and that my opinion was more represented by what carrot cake said. Essentially they're both reaches, but carrot is reaching in a direction that I see as more likely and more logical. Both of those posts aside though, I would say your role claim is the scummiest thing in the game so far.
Why is his role claim the scummiest thing int he game so far? Role claiming VT is a newb tell, not a scum tell. It's not a town tell either, but it certainly isn't a scum tell.

Thus far he's only defended himself, and his one "case" was based on someone's case on him which he didn't really defend himself against. On his list of scummy actions are attacking him, refusing a random vote, and "role fishing" which is clearly just trying to find out why I was writing poems. It's very clear he's either inexperienced or illogical, and I have no reason to suspect he's scum. What he's done, I'd expect from a newb VT. What's really interesting is how obvious it is, and how much people jump on it.

Example:
Guderian wrote:I currently see guthrie as the scum driven alternate wagon to hanzo.
This is bullshit. Guthrie has so far carefully followed everyone else's lead and stayed in the shadows. He's not helping the town, he's not scumhunting, he just plays a sheep. He just exists. Town need to actively scumhunt to win. Scum merely need to survive.

Jumping on newbs or other easy prey is one of the scummiest things you can do in my book. The whole Hanzo wagon needs to be examined closely.

Preview edit: Dude, why did you just self-hammer? Way to be anti-town...
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 6:33 pm

Hanzo_5 wrote:I think my martyrdom is the only thing that can save this town from itself and the mafia.

VOTE: Hanzo_5
No. This is wrong. Martyrdom is almost never helpful for any alignment. We would have waited on you. We all pretty much agreed not to hammer, and anyone who did would have come under immediate suspicion. The deadline was in a month. I guarantee we could have found a better lynch by then, and we'd have more information too.

Town suicide is terrible. It's not funny. Don't laugh at that. You just blew a month's worth of scum hunting material out the window. I want to have a serious talk with you about this after the game.

TMH: He just self-hammered. He has no reason to lie now.
Chaotic Neutrality
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Chaotic Neutrality
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:27 pm

Guderian wrote:I guess I will have to reread guthrie.
You say that as if there's something to re-read.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”