Mini 1084: The New Jersey Shore (Game Over)

xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by xsrk »

Internet Stranger wrote:
Vote: xsrk

Because I cant pronounce it.
No vote yet. It's supposed to be that way :D.
xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:59 pm

Post by xsrk »

Hmmm...
It all looks a bit speculative at the moment (then again, all my experience is from a site with Diplomacy players). However, I see a few things starting to resemble bandwagons startin to form - they may just be forceful suspicions, but if they end in lynches (or near-lynches) it'll be good to keep an eye on them...
Lurking is a clear scumtell, in my opinion - worse than random votes or "tryin to appear town" - while unusual, I've seen townies try to look town too hard, trying to make sure they aren't lynched. I've noticed in past games that town players are often too focused on staying in to help the town itself, however.

No vote still, but I'm keeping an eye on Hanzo, Carrotcake, Guthrie, and Themanhimself. They appear (so far) to be the most prolific players - in my experience, about half of the "leadership" players are scum, but lynching them also risks creating a leaderless town.
xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:00 pm

Post by xsrk »

Very sorry about my inactivity day one, I had way too much in RL to even use the computer as more than a word processor (5 pages on TKAM, due in 2 days). However, I'll try to be a lot more active today.

Hanzo cast the vote to lynch himself... dang... However, the sixth vote, which put the game in the position to lynch him, was Guderian.

Llamarble noticed my inactivity yesterday, as well as my posts which, looking back, do make me contradict myself; that was unintentional, I had meant to get back onto the site the next day but didn't. However, it's one of the more noticeable examples of scumhunting I've seen so far - he's analyzing the limited data. I've got a feeling that he's town - not a strong one that'd keep me from voting for him, if evidence appears, but I'm inclined to find him pro-town.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I see Guthrie and a few other players (Rain, primarily) to be - well, not necessarily linked, but there have been a few points in each others' defenses that don't seem to have too much backing. Guthrie, furthermore, also moved against Hanzo a bit yesterday, and voted for him after a few other players had; it's a possible bandwagon, though he was a bit more vocal than I would expect mafia to be. He seems to also not be making any particularly strong opinions, save those already supported by other players - looks a lot like camo. When you factor in the nightkill, well, I'm leaning towards scum on him... (and yes, I do know what framing is).

TheManHimself is encouraging a more active town - then again, it's a good way to appear townie without actually doing too much to try to find scum. He was the first vote on Hanzo which held throughout, though scum tend to join, not start, bandwagons; however, despite arguments for Hanzo_5 and a need for more discussion, it appears he more or less held fast. (It was close enough to a lynch already, we don't want the day ending early, and the errors in Hanzo's play are perfectly justifiableThat's not too troubling; what is is that he started a sort of crusade against Hanzo, and there wasn't (in my opinion) enough evidence to warrant lynching someone this early in the day

In the end, though it's subject to change,
VOTE GUTHRIE

Umm, n00b question, but what do "Fos" and "RVS" mean?
xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (isolation #3) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by xsrk »

Internet Stranger and TheManHimself may have something to do with each other, though it may just be that he thinks he's town. (in fact, given everything, it appears to be the more likely of the two that he just thinks that IS is innocent). I see IS's argument against Jase, but it just isn't making a whole lot of sense to me - I may be misinterpreting it, but it would appear that IS is just trying to shift attention away from himself. IS and Chkflp were both on the Hanzo wagon, and it looks like IS's attempt to move suspicion over to Jase has met backing up from Chkflp as well. An IS-Chk link? That said, my past-voiced suspicions on Guthrie still remain, as will my vote, though if it gets close to the deadline and it looks like there's a stalemate in the voting I'd choose to lynch Internet Stranger.
xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by xsrk »

Guderian wrote:xsrk, of rain and jase, who do you consider the most scummy
I'd need to go with Rain, I just don't quite get the argument on Jase.

TMH, risky reveal (unless it's a 1-shot thing)... How do we know you aren't just mafia trying to sway the town against another player? Then again, I'm loth to lynch him, as if he's telling the truth it's pretty powerful, but... Perhaps you could shoot the person who gets the second most votes (or someone who you're pretty dang sure is scum), to verify your role... Doctor protection for you may be good (unless you're mafia trying to lure a doctor and get credibility...)

Carrotcake's lynching would reveal a bit about TMH, it looks sort of like it could be a binary situation (I think - correct me if I'm wrong), and if he is a godfather that also tells the doc whether to try and save TMH tonight. The information that we'd get from it, coupled with a sort of town assurance, leads me to
UNVOTE

VOTE CARROTCAKE

That's the right formatting, right?
xsrk
xsrk
Townie
xsrk
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:02 pm

Post by xsrk »

Hey all, I think I need a replacement. The semester's almost over, and I've got too much IRL to spend more than a minute or two on anything non-school related...

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”