Mini 1084: The New Jersey Shore (Game Over)

Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:54 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

I vote Hanzo five
for spreading votes thin, even
Refrigerator

VOTE: Hanzo_5
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:40 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

Your overdeveloped sense of self-importance would have fascinated me, hanzo, if only it didn't painfully remind me of myself.
1.) The first vote against hanzo was quite clearly a joke; it was obviously without weight. Your very thought that it might have had, is very slightly scummy. I will explain further later.

2.) I firmly believe that people open fresh games with two strategies in mind. The first strategy is to hunt scum for the sake of taking giving them a good hanging. The second strategy is to scumhunt for the sake of appearing town. To condense it: one who cares about appearances above all else is scum, but one who cares about results is town. On the early game I tend to organize posts. Does it belong on the "try to appear town box", or the "actually hunting scum box". Granted it isn't a verifiable thing, but I trust it while on the bareness of the early game.

Let's look at hanzo.
a.) He was the last vote on an unvoted person on the initial wave of random votes. What does it tell me? It certainly isn't coincidental. His joke of an explanation felt substantial. As if; although baseless, it was a thought-out descision. What would he think about? Perhaps: he wanted to spread the votes as to not cause ripples upon the pond. He chose to vote a solitary person - to not even begin a wagon- to
be invisible
. (Am I allowed to bold non-votes, mod?). By ¬trying¬ to look town, he becomes scum.

b.) I voted against him not for the vote hop, but his initial vote.

c.) He probably believes no-voting post one is scummy. I disagree. Making it explicitly clear your vote is a joke or you took it by randomize.org is much more scummy imho. It's become tradition to think like this, sadly, and I'm not quite in the mood to brave the currents right now. The hop itself is not scummy, gives how common it is.

d.) Put it all together thought, and then it becomes scummy.
" Look at me, I like to test reactions" over "I need to become perfectly still, i don't want people to think i'm reacting"
It's all appearances. Scummy.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:42 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

Hanzo, I want to show you how fun lynching is.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

I've didn't check the site for three days. I don't see how that's out of the ordinary for a presumably slow day one. The sheer speed of the wagon was unnatural. Hanzo condemned himself to death; even with his dying, innocent breath, he was dripping with scuminess.
paraphrase: I would not have said scummy things if you didn't...
As if he is naturally predisposed to helping the mafia regardless of his role. If I was present then I would have pressed harder. I'll refrain from speaking any more about his character, as it would only lead to explitives. He can no longer directly reply and that would be impolite.

I'll post again when I get home.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

The Man - My Hanzo vote was obviously a means to walk us out of random voting stage. How everyone else followed was out of my control, in fact the speed and certainty of it all surprised me. I didn't push the wagon to completion. Yet it would seem the burden of accountability is on my shoulders. Which is fine, I thought he was scummy anyways. I don't believe what I've done is was a mistake. He lynched himself. Something out of my control, and that's mostly the reason day one ended as a bomb.

Lurking hunting this early, when there is a wealth of discussion, is an exercise in misdirection. And evidently exaggeration. Leaving for three days on day one, with nary a trace of activity, is considered dropping off the face of the earth. And being "100% scum".

It doesn't narrow it down to B and C, for it could easily be none of the above. There are so many things that could have delayed the night. The doctor might have been sleeping, the mafia wanted to discuss, the mod might have been on a date... That it's best to just leave such an unverifiable meta guess alone.

On chkflip - Yeah, that might be the obvious maf trap, but it isn't without merit. Whats suspicious is that you dumped if off as is, and you didn't look back at Chaotic's orignial points.

Spoiler: tangent
Assume we play rock paper scissors
If you win with rock you get 5 points
win with paper you get one
and win with scissors you get three

rock is the obvious, powerful choice
paper is the weak, tricky choice
scissors is the trickier than tricky choice

Against an opponent that throws randomly,
tossing a rock ninety-percent or so of the time, will win you the game.

Individually each choice is a wifom.
But the in the long term view of this, choosing the strong obvious choice, when protected by wifom. Gives you great odds of winning.
A lot of scum know this, and they will indiscriminately target those who target them, since they are anyways protected by wifom.

Don't worry about the above. It isn't whats happening here.
Chaotic's case against guethrie is flimsy. It made little sense when I read it, "Strange unexplainable feeling", hardly even counts for an attack. If Gue was scum, it's too weak and baseless to even note.
Chk looks as if he misread the situation, and consequently made non-existent reads on the scumtell. It confuses the town, but it isn't malicious.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #5) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:50 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

...but there are other factors at play which fully convince me that carrot is not only scum but is specifically the godfather.
We could dance around and pretend to ignore this, since it would be rolefishy. But it sticks out that I'm quite sure a lot of us have read into it.
If I turned up town in an investigation. It's sort of likely that I am, indeed, town, and not a godfather, if a godfather does exist.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:14 am

Post by Carrotcake »

My views on Jace:
1.) Held a vendetta against lurking, and consequently chk, for a majority of day one. Understandable to some extent as chk was sort of active lurking. The vendetta continued day two, but now it's less about lurking, and more about chk himself. This leads me to believe that his day one lacked the genuine. He has lurked day two. Certainly he doesn't hate it as much as he thought.

This leads me to two conclusions.
a.) The lurker hunt was a persona. A guise to seem like a scumhunter.
b.) He perceived rudeness in chk's replies and things went personal.

2.) "Creating an alternate wagon is a pro-town thing to do".
Game-theory aside.
Chkflips short lived vote for guthrie might be distancing.
He brings in distancing.

Let's assume Jase knew that Hanzo was innocent.
Wouldn't an alternate wagon be distancing too?
/vote jace

Is it the old: "This is the scummy thing I want to do. Aha!, I'll project it to someone else!"

For my previous post.
Please don't claim thk. There is some small trace of wifom to protect you (or you might not need protecting).
This might be miscommunication, a slip, or breadcrumbing. But I feel that your Godfather theory is quite telling.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:26 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

I don't have night-kill protection. So I must have been doctored.
Tread lightly. The Doctor knows of my innocence, and this wagon risks revealing him.
Either that or he got roleblocked.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:36 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

Llamarble,
I'm not 100% sure what bread crumbing means but I'm hard pressed to find anywhere that I may have hinted at any type of power if that's what you're getting at. Your logical argument is frankly fascinating and I've read it three times now. My question would be, since it makes sense to lynch CC either way, why hasn't your vote changed? To clarify, I'm NOT calling you out for this, I have no problem with more thought being put into a vote, I just wonder why.
1.) Breadcrumbing is intentionally leaving clues to your power, so you could easily fall back to it on a claim. Or setup a fakeclaim.
I am sure he is a godfather...
It suggests inside information. Right then, you gave away that you were a power role.

2.) Lynching you if I die encourages lurking? That's not true. You are condemning me to death, and you refused to entertain the possibility of a doctor. Your faults stand on your own, and lurking has nothing to do with it.

3.) Let's theorize on the setup. A mafia familiy, a serial killer, and a vigilante. Is beyond a doubt broken, and swingy as hell for a twelve player game and is totally unlikely.

4.) You tried to kill me. That's cold. Rather than your theory which makes for an unlikely setup (#3), or has miraculously forgotten the most likely explanation of a doctor save. Why did you try to kill me?
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:41 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

As a reminder on how lightly you people should tread. But now that I've sorted it, then it might be too late.

4 People rapidly changed their votes to me, this makes them less likely to be the doctor.
I am not the doctor.
The vig is not the doctor.
Two people are dead.
The three scum aren't doctors. (99% of 12 player games have 3 scum).

That leaves one.
+
A level of wifom from the four players.
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #10) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by Carrotcake »

That's the worst case scenario. On best case. All who voted for me are scum.

Which makes it
4 Who might be the doctor (25%).
Carrotcake
Carrotcake
Goon
Carrotcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:00 am

Post by Carrotcake »

Cheers! I was particularly impressed with Llama's charisma, and Mr. Wright's classiness.

Fishy!!! :evil:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”