Mini 1084: The New Jersey Shore (Game Over)

Guthrie
Guthrie
Goon
Guthrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Guthrie »

Ok.

1) You are being so hipocrite. All your last post's talk is about "ah, i save town " "ah, me is good" "me, will catch the bandits, fuck you all".

2) You have loads of reasons to vote me, but since voting me drew so much attention you insult me alittle more and change your vote. Wishy washy.

3) You are scum.

So, yeah.. basically burn in hell. And yet, is a OMGUs, cause you suck.
Guthrie
Guthrie
Goon
Guthrie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:33 am

Post by Guthrie »

EBWOP :*and yes,
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:50 am

Post by themanhimself »

Wow, that was the worst post I've ever read. Internet stranger just might get us all killed, completely regardless of his alignment. I mean, half that stuff is just plain irresponsible and I don't think he ever once actually made a case for him being town.

VOTE: Vote:Internet stranger
If P then Q.
Theman had us nailed.-rekirts
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:51 am

Post by themanhimself »

Whoopsy, VOTE: Internet stranger
If P then Q.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:37 am

Post by chkflip »

UNVOTE:

- Unlike Guthrie, who's obviously more than a
little
butthurt, I beleive Stranger.
- I too have been staring at Jase, but I didn't want to go down that avenue as all that would come from it is "that's OMGUS" from him since he's voted on me twice. This, simply put, is not the case.
- Pompous jack-assery aside (distinguishing a difference between greetings and salutations, whining about you v. u, trying to be persnickety with my use of irony.), Jase likes to be viewed as somebody who's doing things a little differently than everyone else. Starting his own little TMH wagon for something as preposterous as asking a question about a man's poetic posts.
- This isn't to say that he doesn't slightly push and follow the Hanzo wagon, because he does, picking at Hanzo's defense and making sure the other voters are seeing things as clear and concise as possible. You might be thinking, 'hey, that sounds towny,' but it doesn't sound that way to me. It sounds more like he's trying to stay in the shadows whilst still nudging unsuspecting townies into a mislynch.
- He's barking orders like he runs the place. First with TMH, threatening that his vote won't change until TMH would "contribute in a useful way" when, to TMH, asking the aforementioned question was useful to him. Then he's down my throat not once, not twice, but three times. First it's "stop lurking", then MY opinion isn't good enough, and then it's back to the classic "stop lurking". Seriously?
CC
was more than obviously absent, but what? Because IS was CC CC CC CC all day, you don't want to sheep. Oh no no. You're different. So you go after me, even pushing it so far as to say you want to lynch me? Off of no base other than a mishap? Trying to hard for the mislynch.
VOTE: Jase
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Guderian »

Internet, what I got from your post was a lot of rage and "follow me I'm right because.....?".

If I was inclined to unvote you, im steadily not anymore. You do realize that was about the least helpful thing you could have posted if you were town.

chk, why do you believe stranger?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

- Even though his tactics are anti-town and he's very much so only out for his own victory, it screams town to me in the sense that he's being straightforward in his desires to eliminate the scum in this game.

- He doesn't backtrack, he doesn't throw guilt, he doesn't do anything in that post but refute what was brought up to him whilst also, contrary to what Guthrie would tell you, finding a scummier target in the floating load of crap that Jase obviously is.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:43 pm

Post by Jase »

Well it seems a little silly to call me out for calling you a lurker when your original response to it was "yeah ok". Why wasn't it scummy then, but it is now? Now it's true that yesterday I avoided jumping on established bandwagons, but (especially in a town with only one strong wagon) I thought it'd be a better idea to try and build a competing wagon instead of sheeping the case on hanzo or CC. Would you find me less scummy if I had simply gone BAAAAA, and jumped on one of those two? It isn't a scum tell to make demands of other players. Watch I'll do it again just below. It's true I'd be pretty comfortable with your lynch, intentional lurking does that to me. You basically confirm my suspicions of that when after I call you out for lurking and not taking any stances you immediately jump in with a nice, big, fairly well thought out post. This tells me you've been reading the thread and forming opinions, but you've decided to neglect to share them with the rest of the town.

IS: You need to actually make a case against me. How do you expect to exert pressure without any reasoning? You haven't exactly won the hearts and minds of the town. Did you think everyone would pile on and go "Yeah! Jase is scum because Internet Stranger said so!"? You can't win the game all by your lonesome. You'd do well to stop trying.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:47 pm

Post by Guderian »

You haven't exactly won the hearts and minds of the town.
Why are you using ate and ad hominem arguments in your 'rebuttal'?

Do you think Internet stranger is scum? If so, why arent you voting him? If not, why did you respond like that?

Even if think his argument is crap, tell me why, not that fact that it 'is crap'.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Oh Jase, I love all the "tell me why posts". They are intrinsically useless, really. Im not going to analyze every post to the syllable and pull out every word ever said and illustrate them here for all to see with some dissertation. Im going to at least say that people are smart to realize when I point out scum without spoonfeeding every reason to them. Now that would be trying to do it by my lonesome, actually.Amazingly enough, just because I dont really care who survives to the end doesnt mean that im here to run a dictatorship or that im here to destroy the town. I do allow people to form their own opinions after all. My goal is to catch scum, not be popular.

But I dont blame you for acting the way you do. Its what youre supposed to do after all. Get all indignant and aggressive, hoping I back down and go away. Maybe get a counterwagon going on top. I already gave you reasons in my earlier post anyways. And like I said, they will never be good enough. I dont expect you to just roll over and say "Yep, those are great reasons, oh well, I suck".

Same thing with Guderian, I dont really know where all that anger and rage come from. I dont really care what he is doing right now anyways. If he is scum, im sure it will bubble up at some point and I will be there to catch him and demand his lynching.

My main point is that Jase is rather scummy. If everyone else agrees, they vote for you. If they dont, they do something else. Its quite basic really. In the end, im here to catch scum and it looks like I got me another one.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:16 pm

Post by Jase »

Oh he did provide a little reasoning. Sorry I stopped reading after this "Oh yea, the whiny bitches are going to want reasons."

Now to address his points.
1. "Looking for power roles" I did not. That point is made up.

2. "Off wagon jumping" I assume this means only being on wagons other than the main one. flip used this point in his case and again with only one popular wagon trying to start a counter wagon is not scummy.

Guderian: IS could be scum, but I like intentional lurking as a scum tell more than I like pushing for another quick day as a tell especially since it appears to be a play style thing with him.
I don't have a signature. Okay, I do...but I was just holding it for a friend, I swear!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by chkflip »

- Jase, I did it so I didn't have to read my name in bold from one of your ridiculous posts again, demanding me to post and then whining about it not being enough for your liking. But I'm glad you know you're an obnoxious little pissant.

- You're a pretty decent spin doctor. You may have read "yeah ok", but are you in my thoughts? Do you know what I'm
really
thinking? Of course not. Is it a good idea to point out every little finnicky thing I think is scummy? Not in my opinion. Why tell you about it when I can just watch you make yourself look scummy again? Maybe even
worse
later? Think about it.

@all:
- Your thoughts on Jase thus far?
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:04 pm

Post by Jase »

I heard "Yeah ok" because you admitted your posting hadn't been up to snuff. Saying "yeah ok" then later going "Aha! I really meant NO FUCK YOU" is pretty dumb pal.

Also you seem to be quite a bit more angry than is appropriate. What did I do to get you so up in arms exactly? I'm not saying you're trying to fake townie rage, but...er actually that is what I'm saying. I can't imagine how else you could be so filled with hate towards me.

I never admitted to being an obnoxious pissant. I will however admit to being an arrogant fucker.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

- I'm as chill as a jay, man. You're the one reading aggression. Not faking anything, merely playing the game the way I play the game.

- Let's try this again. You said "stop lurking" and I said "not trying to lurk". Didn't admit that my posts were anything; again, I'll repeat, I overlooked the fact that I hadn't posted a lot in this particular game because I'm posting quite a bit every day. You can check my ISO for that factoid if you'd like.

- Again with the half-alright spin. You may think my play is dumb, and that's your opinion, but that's how I play. I'm not the malicious scumhunter like IS; I'm not an omega-paragraph-writer like Llama; I'm aggresive (the language) yet reserved.

- Furthermore, would you have been satisfied if I told you to fuck off outright? Mister advocate of pointing the OMGUS finger? No, don't think so.

- Arrogance? Pointing out something as mundane as typing "u" versus "you" isn't arrogant. It's you being obnoxious. The fact that you don't see that makes you a pissant by default.
Jase
Jase
Goon
Jase
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:35 am

Post by Jase »

It's seven in the morning and I haven't slept.

Perhaps we can find a compromise. Can we agree that I am instead a cheesy prick?
Scott Brosius
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Scott Brosius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:18 am

Post by Scott Brosius »

Vote Count 7

Carrotcake (0)-
chkflip (1)- Jase
Guderian (0)-
Guthrie (1)-xsrk
Internet Stranger (4)- Guthrie, Guderian, Rain, themanhimself
Jase (2)- Internet Stranger, chkflip
Llamarble (0)-
Rain (0)-
themanhimself (1)- Llamarble
xsrk (0)-

Not Voting (1)- Carrotcake

With 10 alive, it's 6 to a lynch. Deadline is December 13 at 11am EST.
Town 15-19

Mafia 4-3
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:01 am

Post by themanhimself »

Hmm, I kind of get the feeling that chkflip is trying to draw attention away from IS. IS makes the most ridiculous post of all time and Guthrie and I start to call him on it and all of a sudden chkflip comes out of nowhere to derail that entire line of thought with this Jase thing which I don't see as having a whole lot of merit. And to top it all off chkflip starts going over the top with it calling Jase a pissant so that we're all concentrating on that little feud rather IS. I hate to repeat myself as many times as I have on this one, but that's classis misdirection right there. I'm really feeling an IS/chkflip mob right about now.
If P then Q.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:31 am

Post by chkflip »

-
OR
Mr. IS refuted what I'd brought to the table and I've been peering at Jase since he declared himself town. Joke or not.
-- That's
totally
out of nowhere. :/

- I like your distant buddying, though. That's nice to see.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:01 am

Post by themanhimself »

-I'm not sure what you brought to the table or how or where IS refuted it and I can't find anywhere where jase declared himself to be town

-what's totally out of nowhere?

-Misdirection with no basis, jase and I have actually been on opposing sides several times now
If P then Q.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:19 am

Post by chkflip »

- You don't have to be on the same side the whole time to have an instance of buddying. But thank you for pointing out that the two of you have been distancing. That's good to know.

- The part in his post where he talks directly to me. That part.

-
Nothing
is totally out of nowhere, I was being sarcastic. You'd said my feelings came out of nowhere, I gave an example of how it wasn't, then with the sarcastic comment.

- He said it outright on page one. I don't care what phase we were in, the act itself screams like someone who immediately wants to seem like he fits right in with the rest of the town. Do not like.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:20 am

Post by chkflip »

EBWOP:
- The part in the post where [IS] talks directly etc...

- [Jase] said it outright etc...
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:27 am

Post by themanhimself »

Wait, wait, where he said he was town because his name an acronym for jersey ah so excellent? You're kidding me, right?
If P then Q.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:33 am

Post by chkflip »

- You may see it as some comical little quip, I see it as him trying to shove something in and have an excuse for it later. The same excuse that I presume you're going to come out with. So, no, I'm not kidding you.

- Not to say mafia is SRS BSNS or anything, but it just stuck out as odd that he felt the need to post after his RVS vote. Why? To ensure that we don't look in hi general direction?
I
think so.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:07 am

Post by themanhimself »

VOTE: chkflip
you're trying to look town by seeking out things you can comment on and use to fake scum hunt but none of it makes any sense. If your logic is that weak I don't see how you could possibly think jase is scum, which means you're looking for a mislynch which means you're scum.
If P then Q.
themanhimself
themanhimself
Goon
themanhimself
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:51 am

Post by themanhimself »

VOTE: carrotcake
Chkflip, your reasoning makes no sense and you may very well be a goon, but I thought about it and re-read everything and I think carrotcake is the godfather.

Carrot shows up on day one and starts a bandwagon that turns out to be a mislynch. Then she disappears and comes back on day two saying she had no idea that day one had even ended. Lots of people have called her out for starting a mislynch bandwagon and for lurking, both of which are valid points. But let's consider this for a moment, why did night one last until the very deadline? Why was CN killed? If carrot is the GF then she's responsible for sending in kills for the mafia to the mod, if she was unaware that day one had ended (it was awfully fast) then she might have been unaware it was night and not sent in a kill which caused the deadline to drag on until the limit. It doesn't state in the rules what happens if a night action is sent in, to the best of my knowledge there are three main options.
A) it's randomized, which makes sense because CN was not a super controversial character and had really only called out one person, Guthrie
B) the choice is mailed in by the goon, which might be incriminating for Guthrie, someone who has been accused of scumminess several times and has been lurking for well over a day now
C) there is no night action, if that's the case it pretty much sinks my theory since we clearly had a night kill.

That's my current opinion, there's more but it's not ripe for discussion yet

Mod note: If a player has a night action and does not send it in, that will result in no action.
If P then Q.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”