peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:03 am

Post by peanutman »

VOTE: rajrhcpfreak for unpronounceable name.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by peanutman »

I don't think we can go much farther with statusquo's claim on D1. However, I do take note of what EC said about StrangerCoug quickly answering his question to statusquo.

Also, StrangerCoug, why warn us of not auto-assuming scum? I don't believe a mob would quickly formed on that standard play (or gambit). Your comment could read as coaching buddies to not jump on the perceived opportunity.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by peanutman »

CooLDoG wrote:I think it is good play to claim right off the bat, miller is the standard scum claim. I honestly don't think a town player would claim miller unless they have a death wish. Yes thats wifom but I just find scum claiming miller so early un-likly.
I don't get this. First of all, it is a good play for who to claim right off the bat? Then, you're saying that the claim is "standard scum claim" and you don't think a town player would claim "unless they have a death wish". However, an early gambit from scum-statusquo is unlikely. Your last sentence doesn't match at all with the first. In the end, I don't know what you're trying to say.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by peanutman »

Unvote

VOTE: EtherealCookie
For you to believe so strongly that Statusquo and StrangerCoug are buddies who have made a connection (SC defending SQ) on the first innocuous question of the game (yours no less) is rather worrisome. I see two possible plays on your part : either scum trying to quickly build up steam on someone's wagon (the first opportunity), or an over-zealous townie blinded to different reasonings for one person's actions.
EC, do you really believe that your version of the events that you've recently explained is the only possible conclusion to come to?
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #82 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:11 am

Post by peanutman »

Unvote : EtherealCookie

I am satisfied for now that he was just strongly wording his suspicions ("just pursuing the leads he has"). I feel that since he has written the most of everyone, there is greater chance of inconsistencies in the wording. No longer worthy of my vote at this point.

@CoolDog, calm down there. TSQ has been clear that he won't reveal it (post 76 and 79). Judge him off of that, but berating him won't do much, and will just sour the thread for no reason.

@Chronopie, you've stated how you felt about TSQ's claim. But what do you make of the various reactions to it?

@mod, prod on GhostWriter please
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Post by peanutman »

@Cooldog, what are you doing? Why would you soft-claim like that? If you wanted to prove your point that TSQ should role-claim, I'm sure there are many ways of doing so without claiming yourself. If you aren't scum (with a playstyle I wouldn't understand, so I doubt it), you've just put a big target on your back for them.
I didn't want to say anything after your first slip at 78, but you just made it clear to everyone if it wasn't before.

On another note, having re-read StrangerCoug's iso 3 a few times, although he addresses many statements point by point, I don't really see a direct link between the answers and his vote on EC. You may think he had a bad case, but I don't think a bad case is, in itself scummy, and neither should there be a direct
implicit
link between bad case and scum (read: vote).
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #7) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 pm

Post by peanutman »

First of all, I feel that CoolDog is either VI (for soft-claiming simply to get TSQ to reveal his establishment) or 3rd party. Either way, I don't think he should be today's lynch. I think by day two or three though, it would be worth looking into the way he was criticized and voted on. If he's not scum (and I don't think he is based on what I've seen from him), then I truly believe there has to be at least one opportunistic scum on his wagon. To use TSQ line, I fail to see any scum-motivation for his actions (and relentless pursuit of a flavour claim).

As for TSQ, his stand on not revealing his flavour, I could see in two ways. Either a truly straightforward townie sticking to his principles or scum playing the gambit to the full.
StrangerCoug wrote:I'm not convinced that CooLDoG is scum and the reason I unvoted EtherealCookie is because I think he's acting pretty pro-town now. That, to me, leaves it as a tossup between AntB's indecisiveness and Thestatusquo's reluctance to nameclaim after claiming miller right now, but since Thestatusquo has said he's not going to nameclaim unpressured, I think I'll get what I want if I VOTE: Thestatusquo.
@Strangercoug, reading this, I get the impression you're more interested in his establishment than on determining if he's scum. That's rather suspicious to me. FOS.

However, the bigger fish to fry right now it Chronopie.
VOTE: Chronopie Here's why (post by post) :
0-4 : confirm - RVS - idle chat
5 : Echoes StrangerCoug and basically repeats the same thing.
6 :
Chrono wrote:StrangeCoug's reaction, I see as perfectly normal. It's what I'd do myself (had I been first to see/comment). His responses since, and the Convo with Cooldog...
Cooldog's reaction, and demand for a fast food joint claim just seems... Bad. One of Cooldog or Coug is probably Scum. I don't think both are though.
I just don't feel this post. It seems like he's going through the motions but doesn't buy it himself. Also, his suspicion of Coug seems to disagree with the first part of his post.
7 : Elaborates on his suspicion of CoolDog and Coug after TSQ questions it.
Chrono wrote:Their Back and Forth. It's high attention, and faintly buddying, If they were both scum, it would be a very bad idea.
However, what he says reads to me like they are both town. Once again, I don't feel he believes his own suspicions.
8 : After being prodded, has nothing to say about the last 3 pages. Repeats what has been said ad nauseum about the miller claim and CoolDog's subsequent claim.

To sum up, he just isn't putting effort in scumhunting because I don't think he has any desire to. Even his accusations lack intent. He hasn't even questioned anyone about anything.

tl;dr, no scumhunting, no content, no effort, parroting = scum looking to cruise into D2.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (isolation #8) » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:00 pm

Post by peanutman »

Sorry for the double post. I meant to add that Chronopie 's vote hasn't changed since RVS (still on CoolDog). Although he has been suspicious of him, he hasn't really reaffirmed his vote since RVS.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by peanutman »

Chronopie wrote:I reaffirm my vote. How's that?
Thanks for your response to my post 182. But do you have anything to say about 181? I find it odd that you just chose to respond to the second minor post, completely ignoring the first.

@IHSIB, could you please elaborate on your suspicion of ConfidAnon? You bring interesting points, but you only briefly explain them in 218. I know your catching-up, but you got to back up those statement. I'd like to see support for his "weak-ankled stances". He definitely caved quickly with AntB, I'd have to read him closer (and have more content to read) in order to to getter a better handle on if his actions are scum-motivated or not.
Regarding his vote for me, I interpreted it as a "hey, you haven't posted in 4 days, 3.5 pages, be useful". With the lack of explanation, and no longer in RVS, I didn't take it as a meaningful vote. On the other hand, it's been 3 days since his last post (and vote for me).

Cooldog wrote:@inhim, I'm will talk in circles until you understand my point. We know how his flavor could help the town. We don't know if it could help the scum at all.
I hope you don't talk in circles until he (or someone else) understands your point. Basically, not everyone agrees with the second part (that it could help town, but we don't know if it could help scum). Some people see it in other ways. I doubt you will get much further in this (probably more geared towards a theory debate anyways), and, at this point, it's distracting us from other events and cases being built. It's safe to say that enough has been said on this issue that people came make up their minds if TSQ's refusal to reveal flavour is scummy (or not), and whether your incessant push for it is (or isn't). I sincerely hope your next post doesn't contain the word "flavour" or "claim".
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by peanutman »

@ConfidAnon, that is really weak play. Let me explain.
You try to change things up (away from the CooldDog-TSQ affair) by voting for "someone who had been quiet" to see how it would affect the discussion. Fine, if that was your plan. But your follow-up is to say it's odd that I ignored it (though I addressed that specifically in the previous post), even though there wasn't much to acknowledge, and that you don't know what you were looking to happen. Could I give you a better idea as to how to change the course of discussion? CONTRIBUTE! Instead of getting others to get things going, try starting by putting some effort and doing it yourself.
Also, please explain this (especially the bolded) :
ConfidAnon wrote:
Unvote
Honestly, the only things of note were you noticing it (good) and peanutman ignoring it (odd).
He did start posting again, but other than that, nothing.
I'm waiting on answers from Chronopie (my preferred lynch for today), but you're a close second. You would have come off less scummy by just saying your vote was simply to get me to post.
peanutman
peanutman
Goon
peanutman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by peanutman »

No! Got ninja'ed.
In response to
Chronopie wrote:#6:
I just don't feel this post. It seems like he's going through the motions but doesn't buy it himself. Also, his suspicion of Coug seems to disagree with the first part of his post.
I don't understand where you're pulling this from. I explained that my suspicion of Coug was from the interactions with cooldog
after
the miller discussion.
The best way I can sum it up, is to refer to whenever I was mafia. I found D1s so long and boring because most townies were trying to build cases out of very little info, while I wanted the day to end, get a NK and build on that for the other days. And that's the impression I get from both Chronopie and ConfidAnon.
ConfidAnon said that he was bored with the game while Chronopie feels apathy and agrees that most of my points in 181 are valid (where I basically say he isn't putting effort and has no desire to scumhunt). That is exactly how I felt when I played scum (though I tried to hide it a bit better).

I'm up for a lynch of either one today.

On a side note, I don't characterize their place as lurking which is a null-tell IMO(i.e. not trying to post too much, stay out of the spotlight), because they are actually coming forward with their apathy.

@ConfidAnon, why haven't you placed a vote? Who's your top suspect?
@Chronopie, do you believe that CoolDog is a PR (as he has claimed)? If so, why would he claim PR as scum (which you seem to believe he also is)?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”