Open 268: Raise the White Flag (Game Over)

Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Cookie_of_Death »

Hello everyone!

VOTE: drmyshottyizsik

He stole my cookie.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:40 pm

Stefunny wrote:VOTE: Cookie_of_Death
For not bringing enough for the class. :cry:
I have a strict "no unpoisoned cookies for scum" policy. So it looks like you and your buddy shotty are SOL on that one.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #32 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:33 am

The glacial pace of this game is maddening.

UNVOTE:
chkflip wrote:
silverbullet999 wrote:-yababababa
Hi, silverbullet. How do you usually approach D1?
I approach it with four paws, snarl a little and howl once in awhile.
- I request a serious answer to this, please.
Why are you so insistent on this answer? It doesn't seem like it would provide any reliable indications of silver's alignment.
chkflip wrote:He hasn't even shown up yet, why would we do that?

UNVOTE: rekirtS
VOTE: andrew94

Insider information? Did you see his white flag poking from his trousers?
What are you accusing andrew of? Being shotty's scumbuddy?
This is a pretty poorly thought out attempt at a vote, if you ask me.

VOTE: chkflip
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:32 am

yabbaguy wrote:
C is for Cookie wrote:Why are you so insistent on this answer? It doesn't seem like it would provide any reliable indications of silver's alignment.
I think it would.
How?
Yabbaguy wrote:
cookiecookiecookie wrote:What are you accusing andrew of? Being shotty's scumbuddy?
This is a pretty poorly thought out attempt at a vote, if you ask me.
You're completely missing the point here. You complain yourself that the game's started slowly (I agree). The problem here is that you're also squawking at chkflip for shoddy vote reasoning when there's really not a lot to go off of. He's actually doing a brilliant thing by trying to solve the issue you have with the speed of this game (by firing out a vote of some sort), and yet that's the very thing you're voting him over. It makes no sense.
Dude, there
are
limits to beginning of game stupidity. I think your reason for the silver questioning was kind of legit, chk's just seemed made up and faked to me.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:41 am

Ah, wait a second. Upon the time consuming reread I just did, I think my vote is sucky as I don't think scum is likely to be this involved.

UNVOTE:
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:53 am

Ugh, there's not... enough... material!

My vote has to be somewhere, or else I'm not satisfied.

VOTE: Stefunny

For earlier dismissive sarcasm.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:16 pm

You don't have to be an asshole, CN.
bvoigt wrote:UNVOTE: andrew94
VOTE: Cookie_of_Death

Even though he wants more people to post, he tries to stop discussion here:
Cookie_of_Death wrote:Why are you so insistent on this answer? It doesn't seem like it would provide any reliable indications of silver's alignment.
Plus, after making a semi-serious vote on chkflip, he changes his vote to Stefunny for an RVS-type reason.
Try to stop discussion? Anything to warrant that? Don't you think it could have elicited something from chkflip (I was actually hoping for that, and it never materialized)?

I guess you're just assuming we all think the second one is a scumtell.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:27 pm

As for the breadcrumb...

The initial double post could very well have been an accident, but post 53 is really throwing me off because it looks like werewolf is acknowledging he knows about the crumb and later acts like he's ignorant. Werewolf, what does post 53 mean?

Now, I also saw this:
andrew wrote:its even in 3 lines format. the first of each sentence
forms
c
o
p
= cop.
there isnt a cop in this game.
i dont think werewolf555 scum would be so stupid to not realise that?
this wagon stinks of oppurtunistism
Anybody being opportunistic in particular? I don't see you making an effort to identify one person who you think is scum, just some generality thrown out there to try to discourage the wagon for no apparent reason.

Yay for serious voting now!

UNVOTE:
VOTE: andrew94
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:58 pm

andrew94 wrote:^ sir, your logic is flawed. according to you sir, if werewolf flips town, all people on the wagon should be exteriminted
oppourunistic:
chkflip wrote:Ah. Hadn't thought about it like that. You're so clever,
Y
yabbadude.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: werewolf555
have you heard of the term sucking up to the
ic
person who seems pro(YES YABBA i read some of ur newbie games)
here lies oppourtunism ---> first doing the 'oh shit i dont understand' attitude then 'o yea i understand votes*' attitude so it doesnt look like blatant bandwagoning
You know your vote is still on shotty, right? Though after the latest post, I think it would be justified to keep your vote where it is.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:wow /confirm
i missed alot, I would say that wolf needs to claim, but that does no good, so i skimmed and am willing to hammer at the end of tommorow if he doesn't look town by then, or provide a better case on someone else.
Sorry or coming in late i had a show tonight, and i have one every night for the next 5 days so, kinda limmitted access
Um, lol? We're only on page 4 and you haven't said
anything
about anyone else, and you're willing to end the day? How is that not scummy?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: drmyshottyizsik
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:22 pm

I'm not sure where the misrep is. The fact that you would even consider hammering on page 4 is scummy to me regardless of everything else.

Anything to say about anyone else?
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:12 pm

andrew94 wrote:i read your newbie 971 ( i just checked but may have short term memory)

you cant just say - if you think the crumb is fake you vote him.
i simply see no scum motivation for putting a cop crumb? its not like hes gonna claim cop.
all that is possible is a retard scum that didnt read the game/ accidental townie.

the bandwagon is heavily opportunistic e.g chkflip, he changes hes mind way too fast
OK, through all this anti-chkflip rhetoric, you haven't said a word about shotty in a while and you're vote is still on him. This is starting to smell like bullshit to me.

UNVOTE:
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #11) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:13 pm

EBWOP: That should be "your", not "you're"
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 pm

yabbaguy wrote:Cookie, could you
please
weigh in on the fakecrumb issue? Thanks.
Please don't piss me off.
Ealier, I wrote:As for the breadcrumb...

The initial double post could very well have been an accident, but post 53 is really throwing me off because it looks like werewolf is acknowledging he knows about the crumb and later acts like he's ignorant. Werewolf, what does post 53 mean?
Post 53 makes it look like wolf knew about the breadcrumb, but that post is really cryptic so I await his reponse. If I had to guess right now, I would say he's scum (because of the andrew "OMG, opportunism" crap, too). But he's at L-1 right now, so a vote is just going to end today and, according to your theory, he has two buddies still floating around. So I thought I might, you know, try to do something productive.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #13) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:27 pm

1st off: lol at the fact that almost no one said anything about shotty's threat
yesterday

Now, as for the shotty, I'm kind of thinking now that he's town. I doubt we would see such a reckless hammer from scum.
Stefunny wrote:That being said, to me it's usually a big sign when someone jumps in at the beginning of a new day and votes for the hammer.
But it wasn't just any old hammer. It was a hammer that came on page 5 and we now know the lynchee was town.
Stefunny wrote:Yes, shotty hammered, but I'm getting the feeling that he just does that kind of stuff, scum or not.
...and this is supported by what?
Stefunny wrote:I'm still interested in why the lynch actually happened so fast. I'd say at least two of the scum jumped on that bandwagon as quickly as they could.
OK, no vote out, and no indication as to who these two scum may be.
This is starting to get fishy, Stefunny.

Striker is another person who doesn't put out a vote though he points a finger at shotty.
Striker wrote:@ bvoigt Seemed like pretty crucifying evidence at the time. I thought for sure he'd come up scum. There really wasn't much else for me to say, as he didn't even regonize that he crumbed it after it being pointed out.
Wait a second, was that really the issue here? My issue was that he gave me two seemingly contradictory messages with post 53 and post 54.

VOTE: rekirtS
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #14) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:48 pm

Stefunny wrote:Have you looked at any of his past games?
If you want me to see something in particular, link me please. Otherwise, I'll just take you (and silver's) word for it.
Stefunny wrote:Day 2 Juuuuuuust began. I am not going to throw votes around like I know what I'm talking about until I have some sort of an idea who I feel is scummy. As of right now, none of us have a whole lot to go off of.
OK, let's try this again.
You asserted you think at least 2 scum were on werewolf's wagon yesterday? Any idea as to who they are? Because right now, from my POV, it looks like you're just throwing out a generality.
Stefunny wrote:Why are you pushing so hard for everyone to put out a vote when it's been less than a page and less than 24 hours since day two started? Haven't you ever heard of a FOS?
Because at the end of the day, the vote is the only thing that matters.
I don't do FoS's; that's just how I roll.
Stefunny wrote:And how the hell do you justify voting for rekirtS without really giving much of any reasoning for your vote?
The angry mouse was right about striker's vote yesterday; I'm just not a parrot, so I didn't mention it. Also, the shotty thing bothers me + the fact that he didn't seem to have an understanding of why werewolf looked really bad yesterday (either that, or I don't, but that's not the biggest issue here).
Stefunny wrote:Just because you vote and unvote every single post doesn't mean the rest of us have to.
No reason to be bitter.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #128 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:01 pm

rekirtS wrote:
Cookie_of_Death wrote:1st off: lol at the fact that almost no one said anything about shotty's threat
yesterday

Now, as for the shotty, I'm kind of thinking now that he's town. I doubt we would see such a reckless hammer from scum.
Wifom.
Whatever
Striker wrote:I didn't vote Shotty cause I wanted to hear from him first. no need to rush another quick lynch.
There was only 1 vote on shotty at the time and there's 6 to lynch. You seriously didn't vote him because you feared a quicklynch?
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #16) » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

striker wrote:Its not? Thought it was. Like "a scum wouldn't make a questionable hammer vote"... or would he? If hes scum did he do it because a scum wouldn't do it? Sounds like Princess Bride to me, but I could be mistaken.
Somehow I don't think that much thought went into shotty's hammer.
striker wrote:@ Cookie I didn't vote him because I didn't want him lynched. You don't vote someone unless you're willing to lynch them do you? I wanted to hear him talk rather. Read my prior sentence.
Well, I disagree with that, but this isn't MD so I don't think a debate on this is going to be productive.

P.Edit: striker didn't mean for you to use random.org, shotty.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:38 pm

drmyshottyizsik wrote:@Striker- for CoD- he seems to either blow off what people say about him
That's because what people have said about me are insignificant and stupid.
shotty wrote:or twist what they say.
Where was this?
shotty wrote:Also he has an underlying push for my lynch in most of his posts.
You do know I called you town...right?
shotty wrote:Are you really trying to argue he's TOWN because he hammered so ridiculously? I think that's the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard to keep VI scum in the game. "He's so scummy he MUST be town!"
But...shotty isn't scummy.
My arguement is that your scumtell doesn't hold.
Cookie_of_Death
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Cookie_of_Death
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:38 pm

Stefunny wrote:Sorry, Emergency V/LA. Family member in the hospital. I'll try and check in soon.

Noted.
Hope everything turns out well, stef.
drmyshottyizsik wrote:I never said the last one, and I know you said I was town, but it's always seemed back handed to me
Oh, yeah, that last one was CN.
I don't know what the back handed thing means.

Return to “Completed Open Games”