Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #330 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

@volkan - how does your point system compensate for non-contribution? I'm rather curious why dj is so low on your list when he seems to be coasting pretty hard throughout this game. I felt like he was scumhunting in the early game, but has since gone into hibernation mode. What are your thoughts on him other than "55"?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

dj wrote:vp baltar? how the hell are ya?
I'm cool. Thought I would play with an alt for one game. Now we see why I don't do this. :P
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (isolation #2) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

alduskkl wrote:Looking on it now, this setup is pretty swingy. For every power role one side loses, the other one actually gains one. Admittedly this is rather obvious, but it really came into play with the death of the Mafia Jailkeeper. I guess you could argue that it was partly the inability for the Mafia to use their gained Role Cop ability to counter that that doomed them.
I agree with this completely. It was quite funny how the town fortunes swung from terrible to dominating because of the mafia JK.

Despite long battles with dj, I think I played fairly well this game. I really did not get how everyone was seeing PO as scummy! (even PO herself). I think there was pretty strong town play overall from most people (ThAd, lew, PO, dj, etc.) and that put the scum in a tough spot in addition to the PRs swinging away from their favor. It's kind of an interesting concept for a setup and it lived up to the name tit for tat. In hindsight, I should have played along with dj calling me the vig, but it probably would have been revealed we were lying due to ThAd's jailkeep anyhow.

Big thanks to the mod for having a smoothly run game (even if you made us wait ages for the victory!) I'd definitely play with you again. Thanks to mykonian for replacing in and dying so quickly so I didn't have to argue with you that last day :P GG everyone.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Also, it should be known that Debonair Danny DePeitro hydra'd with me this game. I did almost all of the posting, but we both read the thread and commented in our QT. The final night plan I posted was his, so he deserves the credit for that one.

When I accidentally posted with my main, I decided to just roll with it because talking about hydraing at that point would have been an unnecessary distraction.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #577 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:29 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Purple Orange wrote:You stealth-hydra'd? :( Or is Gonzoooo a known hydra I just didn't know about because I'm new?

I was inclined to side with the hydras-give-unfair-advantage side of the debate before this, but REALLY am inclined that way now, after this game. Dammit, I want a quicktopic and an extra set of eyes telling me I'm crazy or on the right track. :?
Well, it was kind of an unconscious decision. We decided we wanted to hydra and it just kind of didnt' come up after the game started, so we decided it wouldn't be a big deal.

As far as the hydras are overpowered argument, I think you'd need to play with more hydras. Some are and some aren't. Both DDD and I are relatively decent players on our own, so perhaps Gonzoooo was. On the other hand, it honestly was mostly me posting so most of what you were seeing was VPB except for close to the beginning and closer to the end. I'm happy to share our QT if DDD wants to do that as well.

One interesting thing of note was that DDD had the initial negative gut reaction to dj, but I was doing all of the posting at that time. So I was kind of working from DDD's meta even though I was slightly less confident than him!

@lew - mod said it was up to the scum team if they want to reveal it or not.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:47 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, you're right. My apologies.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #585 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

DDD wrote:If I ever planned on modding Bullshit Mafia I might care because there are some minor notes in there, but I'm not modding material so have at it...
The wonders of post editing!
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Open Games”