Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #72 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by chkflip »

lul allyourbasearebelongtous.

VOTE: themanhimself

OMGUS
!~
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #80 (isolation #1) » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by chkflip »

LOL'd!
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #162 (isolation #2) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:12 pm

Post by chkflip »

Although I do not like how tmh talks about knowing me so well when we've only played very minimally together, I'll also note that an interesting scumslip has developed.

UNVOTE: tmh
VOTE: WrathChild

Please elaborate for me, so I can make sure my vote is in the right place. What would you have done if it wasn't his scumday? How would you go about it? Was it enough to vote for, or was that your way to FoS him without actually typing the FoS? Anything else you'd like to say about the matter?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #166 (isolation #3) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

I have no problem with a Dubb-C daykill, diddin.

See also: nice catch.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #169 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:46 pm

Post by chkflip »

Imp, I'm in like ten games right now. Over-stretching, definitely won't do that again. Also, with the holidays, I won't be posting as heavily either.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:19 pm

Post by chkflip »

@MOD
: Have any abilities been modified from their original versions?
TheLonging wrote:Also whoever claimed tree stump: why?
- Just off the top of my brain, I'd think that you'd know more about the more, erm, ostentacious roles in the game just judging by the length of time you've spent on this site. As TS, you
have
to claim lest it doesn't work or fades away. Unless Eruci modified it, that's the original condition of the ability.
popsofctown wrote:I'm thinking maybe we ought to remove implosion's ability from the game. If you're town, please argue for or against that without appeals to fear, mkay?
- If we can find one or two confirmed townies later into the game, we can have them pass it back and forth. Then again, we'd need more than two in case of mafia NK... I digress. See also: role conditions. If the player doesn't say "I'm the Tree Stump" in thread, whether they have it or not, the ability doesn't go into use. I don't think we should get rid of it. At all.
quadz08 wrote:
AntB wrote:If muh flips scum, parama is obvitown imo, I reckon theres about a 99% chance of that right now.
Uhhhhhh.... why? Muh was an easy target for the potato, regardless of Parama's alignment.
- Not only that... but now Muh's flipped town. What say you?
curiouskarmadog wrote:
Parama wrote:And no "BAH GO TOWN" or anything? Hehehe.
are you expecting him to say "go town"?
- I
reeeeaaalllly
don't like the fact that Parama has evaded this question, no matter how small it seems to be. Tells me something... something scummy.
FoS
!~

UNVOTE
because my read has since nullified. I'm tempted to vote diddin, as I find him scummy, but I'll wait until I post again to lay a vote alongside my own portion to the scumcase.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #178 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Post by chkflip »

D'oh! Second one was @Ant. Why do I think that about Tree Stump? It's in the wiki. Which is why I asked Eruci if he's modified any roles... to clarify my assumpion that the ability can only be used if claimed in thread.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #306 (isolation #7) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by chkflip »

@RC: It just struck me as odd, you know, that someone who's been here for some time doesn't know about such an interesting role. I wasn't trying to answer for anybody, it was just something that I was making a mental note of.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #358 (isolation #8) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by chkflip »

Mod never answered my question.

MODDY MCMODDERSON - have you made any alterations to the abilities or are they as they are written on the MSwiki?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #360 (isolation #9) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:00 pm

Post by chkflip »

No, it's not God, but it could answer a question we've been shooting back and forth... which was whether we keep the stump or not. Among other abilities which may have been re-written or modified for this game.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #363 (isolation #10) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:27 pm

Post by chkflip »

I don't think he's lying about being the stump, no, but the answer would help my stance on trying to keep the ability versus giving it to someone we're agreeing to vig out.

I think WrathChild has very unique circumstances... I wouldn't mind giving him until the 3rd to prove himself, as we have more than one avenue to go down right now.

Helghast, on the other hand, just seems scummy. But I can't pinpoint anything scummy (that hasn't already been addressed) and I hate parrots, so I've yet to give my full read on that situation and I will continue to play it by ear.

Lateralus, why do you ask?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #365 (isolation #11) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Post by chkflip »

I'll likely be voting Helghast as Wrath seems to be our vigbait, but that'll have to wait until something more substantiating happens. If my lack of votes clouds your read on me, I apologize, but you should certainly see why I wouldn't budge to such an obvious threat, right?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #397 (isolation #12) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

I feel the same way pops does about tmh, his posts have been rubbing me the wrong way more and more with every passing post. He goes for the easy lynches when he's scum and Lateralus' jumpy playstyle can easily be misconstrewed as scum-motivated, but I find Lateralus to be town right now; tmh, not so much.

diddin
, what do you think about tmh vigbait?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #402 (isolation #13) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:24 pm

Post by chkflip »

A lot of scrutiny on Helghast and WC... what's the word on Narsis? Why is he a good vigshot, Nero?
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #412 (isolation #14) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

WC, You haven't exactly given us that much to go off of, or any reason not to vig you whatsoever, or a more prominent vigbait case.

RC, I'm still developing reads and waiting for certain responses as I do not feel like vote-hopping is the best bet for town in this game.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #414 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:35 pm

Post by chkflip »

1] There are 12 other people who are playing the same style, would you think that they're all fearful as well? I'm not afraid to vote, I just don't want to hop onto one of these rut-stricken wagons, I don't want to sheep other people's ideas, and I'm developing my own cases.

2] I have yet to say anything about my voting habits in this game, methinks you're mistaking this game with another. I've placed a vote on tmh (semi-RVS), switched it to WC, then unvoted as that read nulled out. The problem is the fact that this game has become very stagnant. Nobody can seem to develop much after the explosion of muh and purge of AntB.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #417 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

Touche, RedCoyote. Here's what I'll so since it seems we've come to an impass. I'll go back to page 13 and give my perspective on it.
I Am Innocent 304 wrote:My 2 cents...Implosion had no reason to out the power that he did other than in town interest.

Scum would know they would be a target D1/N1 based on trying to get this anti town role out of the game.

Scum would not lie about the power because they know a town would get the role and verify D2 (unless they and the power were DK'd or NK'd).

Scum Implosion would have kept this power quiet and just subtly passed it on N1.

Town Implosion would have brought this up to the group D1.

The biggest problem now though is getting rid of this power. Based on above, I don't want to get rid of this power on a player that is probably a townie. But can we afford to wait, esp if Diddin is NK'd and his power lost to the void (or whatever happens to it)?

I am sure we have some protection role(s), and I would think that they would consider protecting Diddin with a 50% to 75% likelihood.
- Going to have to say that I disagree with a the bulk of this post. How can you come to a 100% conclusion that scum!implosion or town!implosion would or wouldn't do without a shred of doubt? Your post isn't exactly convincing. It's hardly even worth two cents. any!implosion had every reason to out this ability if he ever intended on using it. The Tree Stump has to declare being the Tree Stump in order for it to go into effect; certainly, it eliminates a vote, but it's D1 for crying out loud. either!implosion could steer to his own motives with this ability, it's really not all that indicative of his alignment. The mod did say the abilities were given at random. I digress, I'm of the opinion that either!implosion would out this ability to use it and have a free pass D1 whilst also getting a massive amount of heat on and off of him. Not to say this isn't all noteworthy, but your speech to confirm implosion's townieness looks purely scum motivated to look entirely too town. Especially with the obvtips to protect the vigpower, an obviously pro-town and highly desired ability.
FoS
!~

- 333, potential VI filtered out of the group. Doesn't appear as if we've lost anything but a number. I like to look at it as a good thing. Sure, it's one less townie, but it's also one less vote to lynch D1; which is the greater asset for town? The latter looks much better to me. Moving on.

- 340, a conversation between Nero Cain and quadz continues. Nero Cain had only posted a handful of times and quadz called him out on it; to be honest, I wanted to do the same thing beforehand, but didn't really find the merit in calling it out alone. It becomes more of a concern when you read this response to posting such a minimal amount of times in 14 pages.
Nero Cain 340 wrote:[Paragraph of total tomfluffery]

blahblahblah diddin's ability is not indicative of alignment blahblahblah (paraphrased)

I really like how you blast me for the vote with no reason when Narsis did the same thing in is ISO #5 yet I'm scummy and he's not.

If you want to call it an OMGUS to make you feel better then feel free but I disagree that I'm posting fluff. Apparently you think answering a question is a fluff post so I'll let you have that one yet only my fluff is scummy.

I think Innocent had a good point about Quadz in 244 and I was disappointed that he didn't feel it warranted an explanation.

++++assuming that implosion is telling the truth he's unkillable therefore Diddin's kill would not work. You JUST got done blastin' TMM for wanting a "no lynch" but you want a "no kill".
curiouskarmadog wrote:what exactly is your definition of fluff?...also why do you think it is scummy that I didnt vote Prama but did vote Diddin?...do you know something I dont...also you are misrepresenting me here why?.. Did I vote Diddin before his "claim" or after?
You're totally right. You voted him before he claimed. So my bad. But still your posting fluff.
- Are... are you
high
? Not only did you try to use a major
deflection
, but you're wasting more time thinking about ++++WIFOM and filling post with fluff for your slap-fight with CKD. Do Not like.
FoS
!~

- Also don't like the Argument from Repetition used in 404, further re-
deflecting
attention back onto Narsis. Again.
Lateralus22 344 wrote:
Helghast wrote:I asked because I didn't know what it was since I've never heard of it before, and I dropped it since all was explained in later posts. I dont constantly vote, I dont see the need for it and I keep all the FOS in my head, I only vote until I see hard evidence against someone.
Well hello. Here's the thing, you haven't presented any evidence at all, you've made little to no effort to find scum. You have however coasted along like a good little scum. Convince me you're town, show me who's scum instead of ignoring my question. k thnx.

Unvote;
Vote: Helghast
- A replacement's first vote isn't often as strongly placed as this one. Not the greatest reasoning for a vote in the world, but it's much better to see a proactive replacement instead of someone who may revert the town back into an RVS loop. Image
chkflip
like this.

- 347, tmh promises an ISO into CKD and powerrox, agrees to vigging WC in 350,

- CKD's frantic firing 355-357 raises huge exclamation points out of my head. I don't understand how any townie wouldn't see Eruci and immediately know what it means. He obviously has
no idea
in the first two posts and miraculously posts "ohIgetit" before anyone can call him on it? I call bullshit. His response to IAI's question of his alignment is a half-ass jokey response that reads more scummy than anything I've read in this game thus far. He writes "if I was on another team... wouldn't I know who was town and scum? :dumbrolleyesemotetoemphasizedumbjoke:" UMM, NO, ACTUALLY. IT DOESN'T. IF YOU WERE TOWN, YOU WOULD KNOW THAT THE TOWN AND THE MODERATOR HAVE SOMEHING HUGE IN COMMON.

[/FATE]

- Then CKD has the gaul to end 374 by calling out popsofctown for the very same thing he just missed, as if to use a little deflection himself. If both flip scum, I'd lol, but pops has been very pro-town this game, so it could be a coincidence.

- I'd rise the same question to pops; however, it reads (from what CKD quoted in 374) like he was simply confused about the similarity... as opposed to appearing as if they hadn't known about it whatsoever.

- I had a conversation with pops about the wiki (in regards to Tree Stump) and have since decided to leave the conversation at the fact that we'll have a better idea with it D2 when the announced person has it and decides not to activate it.

- IAI fluffs some "pro-town" opinion-vomit 373 with some added attention to EC on top of a claim tip that reads more scum than town to me,
especially
after diddin's 398 insisting for no more claims D1. Obviously we have strong contradicting opinions here. I agree that more claiming shouldn't happen unless the player claiming deems it necessary. In post 400, IAI completely overrides the aforementioned opinion for claims.
I Am Innocent 400 wrote:
diddin wrote:He's posted... pretty much a whole lot of nothing really. His last post may be a chainsaw, but those read null without a flip.

Unless there are some serious objections, I'm gonna go ahead and shoot Helghast. I'll support a lynch of Wrath today instead as Helghast is screaming vigbait to me quite a bit.
Count me as a 2nd who has not seen anything scummy about Helghast. What is the reasoning there?

As for EC, his attack on Parama was all over the place. He attacked him for passing the Bomb off, the alternative was to keep it. I questioned him on this and did not care for the response.

Quite a few people have said EC. If you are not going to switch to EC, my vote is to keep it on the player who has claimed no power (WC) before Helghast.
- Further deflects attetion to EC, "not getting" Helghast (basically the same reason he's against WC vigbait) and now provides minimal reason to vig EC intead. Not looking too town to me. At all.

-
VOTE: curiouskarmadog

-
Vig Nomination: Nero Cain
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #471 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:50 am

Post by chkflip »

Sweet, I get to play a game with StrangerCoug.

The wiki is not GAWD, but the MAWD won't answer my question. So I assume it's correct.

RAGE: popsofctown
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #511 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by chkflip »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
chkflip
re 471 – You feel the need to respond to Pops non-game related comment regarding the Wiki but nothing regarding being called scum by me?
-
I wanted to hear you cry about it first.
To be honest, I didn't really find what you had to say to be very substancial, so I was going to wait for you to come up with something that I actually thought was a good lead as opposed to what you've now repeatedly done ^here with the whole strawman stuff and loose fakehunting points.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Pops and Chkflip's
back to back attacks on TMH for Chainsawing starting at 396 lead me to believe that they probably aren’t scum together. That would be pretty blatant Scum buddying Scum action right there.
- The "It's not possible because that'd be too obvious" excuse for it not to be scummy? That's as assenine as me saying you just bussed your scumbuddy Pops to paint me scummy if he were to flip. If you find it to be blatant buddying, call it out; otherwise, just pointing it out like this is pretty meaningless to me. Not to mention the fact that it looks like fakehunting.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Chkflip's
hop onto Wrathchild following Parama’s lead pings my scumdar.
- No, actually, that's called pressure. On top of a meek point -- is your scumdar supposed to make me crack under the pressure of your fakehunting? Stop acting like you're above the game and maybe I'll take you seriously, guy.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Chkflip's
later input which amounts to ‘Why don’t you know about a Treestump based on your join date’ isn’t even closely related to scum-hunting.
- No, it's not. Congratulations. Note that I wasn't scumhunting in that particular portion, though, as there was still much interest in the Tree Stump ability and exactly how it worked.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Chkflip's
is guilty at 363 of a similar crime to Narsis – stating someone is scummy but being unable to articulate any reason at all why.
- This seems to be your only point of half-validity. I've got to ask, though... if you had so much of a firm belief that it was as you say, why not supply the hard copy?
chkflip wrote:I don't think he's lying about being the stump, no, but the answer would help my stance on trying to keep the ability versus giving it to someone we're agreeing to vig out.

I think WrathChild has very unique circumstances... I wouldn't mind giving him until the 3rd to prove himself, as we have more than one avenue to go down right now.

Helghast, on the other hand, just seems scummy. But I can't pinpoint anything scummy (that hasn't already been addressed) and I hate parrots, so I've yet to give my full read on that situation and I will continue to play it by ear.

Lateralus, why do you ask?
- And here's why. Obviously we were still discussing the Stump. The rest of this particular post is answering a question Lateralus had posed to anyone who wished to respond, then me finishing with an inquiry in response. Is this the greatest post in the history of mafia? Certainly not, but this is a very poor example of you trying to pair me with something that might actually be scummy in Narsis.
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Chkflip's
soft defense of Narsis hidden in his attack on Nero Cain at 417 is noted for future reference.
-
MagnaofIllusion's
soft defense of Nero Cain hidden in his attack on chkflip at 436 is noted for future reference. See how dumb this looks now? These are some of the loosest ties I've ever seen, and it feels more like you
know
he'll flip scum instead of just
thinking
he's scum (e.g. you're scum).
MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Chkflip at 176 wrote:- I reeeeaaalllly don't like the fact that Parama has evaded this question, no matter how small it seems to be. Tells me something... something scummy. FoS!~

UNVOTE because my read has since nullified. I'm tempted to vote diddin, as I find him scummy, but I'll wait until I post again to lay a vote alongside my own portion to the scumcase.
This sequence is scummy. He finds Parama’s dodging of a question, no matter how inconsequential scummy enough to warrant an FOS. Then he immediately unvotes whatever vote was floating around and says diddin is scummy but will withhold a vote until later.

I don’t find unvoting without revoting necessarily scummy if you don’t have another candidate. Here chk has two and doesn’t vote for either.
- Obviously you're strawmanning and now tunneling so hard on me with your fakehunting fakepressure that you fail to read the post correctly.

- Finding someone to act in a scummy manner isn't enough to vote them as you may just be misinterpreting what's being said, nor was Parama's oversight enough to vote for him either. So yes, dodging a question gets a
FoS
and not a vote. Personally,
now
I can see where he's coming from.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #758 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 10:56 am

Post by chkflip »

How am I gone for four days to come back to an even worse position than we were in before?

UNVOTE;
VOTE: Powerrox93

Lost internets, but now it has returned. Will catch up as I can. And give vote reasons in the same post.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #763 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by chkflip »

Yeah, it's so damn scummy that I lost internet and have decided to go with a strong read I've had for some time now.

Maybe you should wait for a case that somebody said they'd bring before trying to direct the next mislynch.
FoS
!~

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”