Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:21 am

Post by AGar »

@MOD
I'm on V/LA until Monday. Sorry, Zach, I forgot to tell you.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:50 am

Post by AGar »

VOTE: Mute

The pseudo-ICing is far from genuine townie action, it reads to me as a scumbag freaking out because there's a largely town driven wagon on him right now.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:22 am

Post by AGar »

Apologies for my sporadic posting. I'm out of town and trying to be sparing with how often I go online. I forgot about 'scum yesterday completely.
VP Baltar wrote:^ I don't get that vote at all AGar.
I'm confident in the Mute wagon being driven by primarily town forces, and the ICing of "Put your vote somewhere!" looks like a panicked attempt to appear to be acting in a pro-town manner in order to shake the pressure. Scum knows who is town/scum generally and are aware of the sincerity of the pressure on them at almost all times.

Rob's 118 is an ultimate exercise in desperation and mudslinging.

Overall, I don't like Mute. A lot of this game has seen people shifting rapidly in completely opposite directions. Mute has pioneered trying to move this game in direction changes rapidly, it feels like. I'd like to see more pressure applied here.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #154 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Post by AGar »

VP Baltar wrote:So what you're saying is that you had town vibes from everyone on the mute wagon at that point?
In a nutshell, yes. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary from the players in their votes and following actions until the time of my voting.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by AGar »

Mute wrote:AGar: Yes, I overstepped my bounds by forcing someone to contribute to the game by paraphrasing an SE from my newbie game. I used that to gauge his reaction and see where he fell on my bar of scum/town. I'll use whatever methods I've got to find people that (I feel) are scum.
Mute, I'mma let you finish and all, but... --

I have no clue where the fuck to go with that meme.

Anywho, the problem here is that I'm calling bullshit on you "using that to gauge his reaction and see where he fell on your bar of scum/town." 100% Grade A 0/100 Lean Bullshit. Lay it on thick there bud.

Why? because you've made 0 comment on the "outcome" of you "gauging his reaction" since that post.

Keep trying.

More mute votes, please and thanks.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:13 am

Post by AGar »

Rob, while you look for something to chase, address 172 and entertain me. What's your opinion.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:03 am

Post by AGar »

VP Baltar wrote:I guess that was a really dead internet.

People should be voting Dizzle until he shows up. And perhaps even after that.
Chasing a lurker? I'm assuming this is like a transformer and there's more than meets the eye.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:20 pm

Post by AGar »

RobCapone wrote:@agar - I'll read and respond tonight if you want me to, but with mute being replaced will it still be relevant?

Also @ agar - what is wrong with lurker hunting when the consensus on MS is lurkers are bad for games and more likely to be scum?
I still care to see your stance on it, so yeah.

And lurker hunting in general leads to null. I'd say a higher percentage of complete flakes are town rather than scum, and would rather hunt based on behavioral inconsistencies instead of lurking accusations personally.

Dizzle's early game content is a bit sketchy, but I'm willing to at least see if there's going to be a replacement there before making any decisions. I'm still more into Mute-scum (now Rain-scum).

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:47 am

Post by AGar »

Rob, I think it's completely plausible that Mute/Dizzle could be scum together.

Dizzle opens up with a random vote on Mute. Easily gives him at least some acknowledgement of the slot. In post 61, Dizzle puts a little faux-distancing act on between himself and Mute. 2 posts later, Mute just brushes any semblance of pressure on him from myself and Dizzle aside with a simple "Nope." Dizzle's next post features him buying into this egregiously bad response and moving his fixation onto RossWilliam.

Unless I'm missing something, I see no reason why Dizzle-Mute (now Rain, who should really get in here soon) can't be a plausible scumteam.

Llamagod - I'd love to see an explanation on these Jerbs/Pappums Rats speculations. I'm hoping tomorrow means tomorrow-Sunday-January8th-tomorrow and not D2-tomorrow.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:53 am

Post by AGar »

Another note - I'm not liking the whole RW "I saw Dizzle online!" thing right now. It feels like there's a major inconsistency here, and it's pushing me towards a scummier read on RossWilliams, more solidified if Dizzle is to flip town.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #216 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:27 am

Post by AGar »

LlamaGod wrote:I've had bad experiences using "saw X lurker online" as a tell, but if RW is making that up it's a different business entirely. I'll think more about that. Goodnight.

Tomorrow is RL tomorrow not game tomorrow.
For the first part, it's more of a suspicion that I think he's making it up to push a lynch.

On second part, ok. Whew.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #11) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Rain, you've got a major inconsistency here - your vote on Jerbs is because you say he's not doing much beyond opportunistic voting and using vague attacks and rhetoric. You then turn around and say Tasky is a lynch you would be disappointed in. His entire vote pattern is exactly what you're crucifying Jerbs for - voting Mute because a bandwagon reared itself, and his Jerbs vote came after two players agreed that they found Jerbs as a potential wagonee and giving no reason. The only vote that bucks the trend is his vote on RossWilliams, which was padded with questions and no real reasoning behind it.

Do address this, thank you very kindly.

However, this is more pressing.

Changing your status to hidden does NOT remove your last visited date. Therefore, RossWilliam could have in no way "seen" Dizzle online. I knew the backtrack sounded really off to me, and it's looking like it was a lie constructed to help push a lynch on a player actively lurking. There's no pro-town motivation for this whatsoever.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: RossWilliam

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (isolation #12) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by AGar »

^ I checked the "changing the status to hidden" on my hydra "The Stove", if anyone is curious as to where that came from.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:56 pm

Post by AGar »

I'd rather see a RW wagon, and am sad that my point is being ignored.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:41 am

Post by AGar »

RossWilliams needs to die.

Pronto.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Post by AGar »

LlamaGod wrote: I don't see RW making the saw-dizzle-online thing up as scum and I see his wagon as extremely appealing to scum who can say "but we caught him being wrong, so I had no choice but to vote him."
You're a hydra, so you have the same ability that I do.

- Log into one of your mains as hidden, preferably with a nice cushion between the last time you logged in with it.
- Log out.
- Check your last visited time on your main.

It's still there.
RC said Dizzle's wasn't. Meaning Dizzle was hidden all along. Only way that could have happened.

So RW made it up.

WHAT pro-town motivation is there... at all?

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:06 am

Post by AGar »

VP Baltar wrote:Hey, AGar, what do you think of Guderian's post 259?
It's wrong.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:07 pm

Post by AGar »

L-3. Hm.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by AGar »

Also:

The difference between Mute and Dizzle is thus:

Mute had taken time to defend himself before going inactive, and I felt the defense inadequate.
Dizzle had been inactive for some time, and then was attacked.

And no, I don't believe that it was a mistake by RossWilliams. I think it was a blatant attempt to push a mislynch.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:41 am

Post by AGar »

Zachrulez wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:Well, yeah, you could have actually. Giving up is pretty poor play just for future reference. It's playing against your win condition and considered poor form in many a players' books.
Yeah, it's not over until you're actually lynched.
Or dayvigged...

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #728 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:44 am

Post by AGar »

Speaking of which, dayvigging me was actually a pretty smart choice. Yeah, a townie died, and I RAAAAAGED but it also made way for the Jerbs lynch and eventually cleared Pappums.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 03, 2011 5:01 am

Post by AGar »

GreyICE wrote:
AGar wrote:Speaking of which, dayvigging me was actually a pretty smart choice. Yeah, a townie died, and I RAAAAAGED but it also made way for the Jerbs lynch and eventually cleared Pappums.
Well if you'd claimed Mason, it would have cleared you and Pappums when Jerbs flipped scum (unless you guys were the two remaining scum). But yeah, it wasn't a terrible choice overall.

What happened with your end of the Ross drama? The settings work exactly differently than you described, which caused endless confusion.
I swear it worked the way I described, but I used the login screen to set it.

Iunno.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”