Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:02 am

Post by Mute »

Heya guys, Happy New Years!
vote: No Lynch
:dead:
-Hard to see big picture behind pile of corpses-
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:23 pm

Post by Mute »

YAY BANDWAGON!
vote: mute

...wait what? O_O

Vote: VP Baltar
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Mute »

VP Baltar wrote:How important do you think early game bandwagons are mute?
Very. They can reveal in some ways how a person will act further on down the line, and with discussion reveal their pattern of speech in the game.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:34 am

Post by Mute »

I feel first I should clarify.
It's not something I typically do, nor do I study them. It's more I read a person's post in my head and see what it's saying. In terms of mafia I get a feel for if they're scummy in what they say or not. Basically looking for scumtells. The example provided there is great as it starts out in D1 like we're in now, so it'd answer both your questions. i.e. looking for people who partner up which could mean scum buddy-ing up, etc.

Right now my vote on you's to draw out discussion and to, if my math is right which it might not be as I suck at it, tie out the votes. If I feel you aren't scum I'll rescind it.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Mute »

Guderian wrote:
If I feel you aren't scum I'll rescind it.
Mute, am I taking it correctly that you think VP baltar is scum? What has he done that has made you think that way?
Nope. I don't feel he's scum, which is why I said
Mute wrote:Right now my vote on you's to draw out discussion and to, if my math is right which it might not be as I suck at it, tie out the votes.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Mute »

People whom we suspect to be scummy, methinks would be best.

Right now I'd like to know why pappums rat was so easily swayed by Tasky to change their vote, that strikes me as odd. Why Dizzle's yet to answer Ellibereth's question?

For starters.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:40 am

Post by Mute »

I'm town because I'm asking questions.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Mute »

Tasky wrote:I want everybody to explain why they are town or scum. (and please don't tell me "because I got a town role PM")

I'll start: I'm town because I noticed that the mod misspelled the title. (Mafa!!)

go on.
Technically scum is just as likely to notice the typo. =P

Tasky wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:@Tasky, why is it "lol" for VV to say that about you?
Because I am town.
VP Baltar wrote:Are you curious as to why he thinks you're the scummiest or is it too self-evidently ludicrous to even ask?
the latter.
VP Baltar wrote:Also, since you're apparently not the scummiest person here, who is and why?
Ross for faulty premises. I see no way someone could believe someone could
explain
why they are town with good reasons.
While you've got a point the best way to, as far as I know of it, prove ones self town is to hunt for scum successfully. Which you've not done much to me. Agreeing with Jerbs that sarcasm doesn't translate to text well. You assume that we're automatically going to see a person as town, or specifically assume you're town because during the RVS you wanted to spark real gameplay? I won't make the mistake of my newbie game and hold your style of posting against you (or anyone), but your content's incredibly weak as it is now.
I hate using "EGMEOY" because it looks ugly, so
ImWY.

Also
@Ross: That fence hurt your posterior? Take some sorta stance. You say
RossWilliam wrote:I don't have a top suspect yet, I've never been good at drawing incriminating evidence in first page or two of posts. I think there might be something between Mute and VP Baltar, or maybe you, but I'm not about to point any fingers when we haven't seen definite posts from the whole cast of players
what makes you think that? Also, with Jerbs here now all the players are upon the stage barring AGar's V/LA til tomorrow.
ImWY
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Mute »

RossWilliam wrote:@Mute - I like this fence very much, thank you lol. No but in reality, it's just that. I'm not as adept at picking up on scumtells as some players, so I watch and listen and contribute what I can. I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line. And in regards to everyone being here, thats true, but not everyone has done anything to really make them show up on my radar as town or scum. It's only the biggest posters that I'm noticing.
I'm gonna paraphrase an IC (or was it an SE? I forget.) from the newbie game I was playing prior to this one: Vote. Even if it's on a shaky platform, give yourself the stance and say "I feel X is scum because of Y." For now yeah discussion is good, and it's always a good thing to have as many opinions as possible.
I feel half-tempted to copy-paste his post but I'll refrain from it. It was rather long winded. Right now, you letting others do the talking for you comes off as scum opportunistic. But back to my question before: what have you noticed so far, and what's on your mind? If it helps to oust scum the better.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Mute »

@Dizzle/AGar: Not at all.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Mute »

Ellibereth wrote:
Right now I'd like to know why pappums rat was so easily swayed by Tasky to change their vote, that strikes me as odd. Why Dizzle's yet to answer Ellibereth's question?
Muteeeee
I don't get why you're interested in these things. especially one of them.
Transition from the RVS to actual gameplay, just stuff to spark gameplay/discussion with.
Unvote

Right now I'm not confident enough to place a vote on anyone in particular, but I'm watching now AGar for using votes placed during RVS as his argument and for lack of real content so far. I'd like to hear from Rob/Jerbs as well.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:13 pm

Post by Mute »

@Rob: I'm a male, btw. =P
OMGYS @ not liking ImWY

And you're not the first person to say something along those lines.

Now then:
Vote: AGar

So far your only post of any content is weak. You assume I'm scum based solely on RVS votes and call out my getting another player to get involved in the game.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (isolation #12) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Mute »

S'all good mah man.
:chest pound:
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by Mute »

RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
Yet that's precisely what has happened.
You're causing more confusion than what is beneficial to the town at this point.
Unvote; Vote: RossWilliam
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Mute »

Guderian wrote:Guys, Dizzle just unvoted and voted to put Ross at L-2 with this amazing reasoning.
Anyway, still not liking the way Ross's admission that he was in self-preservation mode, followed by his immediate change in strategy once it was called out for the nonsense that it was.

Unvote
Vote: RossWilliam
Can we all get about to voting him please? That was one of the scummiest votes switches I have ever seen.
Guderian wrote:
Take your god damn votes of RossWilliam.

At least announce
L-1
as well.
Guderian wrote:I dislike both Mute and Dizzle, but I assume they both cant be scum together because no scum would want to be so blatantly linked by their anti-town votes/play.

LlamaGod, you are a hydra of who again? Llamarble and ...

Wow I've never seen someone go back and forth so frequently. First you're asking for his lynch, then saying to take the vote off of him to everyone, now accusing me of being scum in a WIFOM scenario?
Unvote; Vote: Guderian
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:11 am

Post by Mute »

RossWilliam wrote:
Mute wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
Yet that's precisely what has happened.
You're causing more confusion than what is beneficial to the town at this point.
Unvote; Vote: RossWilliam

You're saying I'm causing confusing and distracting the town from finding scum. That's exactly what I was trying not to do, but ok. Even if that is the case, you don't lynch someone just because you think they're an unhelpful townie. No, you ignore them. If you believe someone is hurting the town in that way, then deserve a slap on the wrist or something. Putting someone at L-1 is not a slap on a wrist, that's asking for them to be lynched.

UNVOTE: Vigilante Ventriloquist
VOTE: Mute

If you think I'm unhelpful or annoying, great. That does not equal scum and I shouldn't be lynched for that
You're right, which is why I rescinded my vote against you. As I said a a few posts above, I do not like how Guder is being so inconsistent. So, my voting for him stays. With him first asking for you to be lynched without placing a vote on you then calling me out for placing it, and using a WIFOM argument to implicate me/Dizzle as scum, to me I see that as a scum bussing.

Also not liking how Tasky's posts lack any real content, are just "fer teh lulz" more or less, and he's doing his best to not try and get caught on the radar.
FoS: Tasky
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Mute »

Guderian wrote:I never asked for Ross to be lynched. Reread, and try again.
Alright, I've re-read it.
also reread this. If you'd like to have the lynch count announced (which I assume was directed towards me as I've yet to do so), then I'd like to ask you to stop blank quoting please, if only to keep track of whether you're quoting yourself or someone else.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:24 pm

Post by Mute »

@Rob: So far the only games I've played here are a newbie one and this one currently in progress. The games I've played off-site, as well as the newbie game I was playing prior, it was not a commonplace thing, if it happened at all. If that's the norm outside of the newbie section I'll be sure to keep it. I know to apologize for my mistakes and to own up to them. It will not happen again, I'll do to remember to include the lynch count when voting towards lynch.

Unvote
@AGar: You still there dude?
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by Mute »

@VP: I just retracted my vote. Yes, I'm interpreting things differently from you. If this is a scumtell then holy cow, everyone must be scum. The confusion I had with Guder is that he's quoting people and not saying who he's quoting, thereby (for me at least) not being concise in whom he is addressing.
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Mute »

Tasky wrote:
VP Baltar wrote:@Tasky - yo, bro. I know you think it's witty and such to play snarky, but it's really unhelpful if you're actually town. It's just a distraction from the real scumhunting. So if you're town, put it aside for the game and give us a little contribution.
I will. just not yet.

Also, I just found a way to break this game, and it isn't forbidden in the ruleset. But I doubt the mod will allow it, therefore I won't even propose it. (Mod, you should be a little more careful, just saying.)
Well if you just PM'd him it expect it to be.
Zach's rule list for this game wrote:I reserve the right to add, remove and change rules as I see fit to improve the quality of the game. I will also clarify the rules as needed.
Also if AGar doesn't post by the end of today
@Mod: Requesting a prod for him.

and @Rob: Do you mean the bookmark this topic button, or subscribe to this thread?
Mute
Mute
Goon
Mute
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Mute »

Posting now: I will be unavailable all of tomorrow. Today I was gone because internet was dead. =/

Don't like how Ellib is doing as much as possible to provide nothing to the game.
Tasky's at least covered/exposed a loophole in the rules and it's since been rectified. This can be both town-ish or scum, but given his past posts this game and how he presented it, I can't say for sure which way it leans.
AGar: Yes, I overstepped my bounds by forcing someone to contribute to the game by paraphrasing an SE from my newbie game. I used that to gauge his reaction and see where he fell on my bar of scum/town. I'll use whatever methods I've got to find people that (I feel) are scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”