Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by Guderian »

Hello to all the people I know, and the people I don't.
too wrote:Unlike Vi, I will answer AGM's questions:
Why did you see the need to comment on this? Do you think not answering the questions is indicative of anything? Did you notice Alamaster didn't even answer his own questions?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:32 am

Post by Guderian »

Starbuck:
dana wrote:This game is a UPick. When you /in for this game, you must PM ReaperCharlie and danakillsu two color choices (ranked first and second) from the following:
Red (Scum A)
Yellow (Scum B)
Orange (SK)
Green (Town)
Violet (Town)
Indigo (Town)
Blue (Town)
Too wrote:I don't care why AGM didn't answer his own questions, but if you guys are prone to wanting people to answer questions they ask, why didn't you answer the one you just asked me?
Your initial preface to answering the questions was 'hey look at me, I'm answering these random questions, psst, do you notice who isn't! [Vi]' I was wondering why you even noted that at all, and then I followed up with the obvious statement that Alamaster didn't answer his own questions, yet you failed to notice or comment on that. Now you state you actually dont care who answers the questions or not, which seems to slightly contradict what you stated early when contrasting yourself with another player.

I isn't a flashing pointed sign with the word scum on it, but it does suggest that some of your words/posts dont have entire rock solid logic behind them.

Vote: Toogeloo

It's a Random Question series as far as I can tell, and alignment for answering or not answering cannot be determined
I'd like to know your thoughts on the question series. Do you think it was effective?
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:33 am

Post by Guderian »

Cool, ninjaed by about 7 posts.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Guderian »

There seems to be an easy smokescreen to hide behind in this game, and that is speculation about color. The colors people choose, the orders, whether you got them or not, whether to claim them or not etc. I have yet to read anything said by anyone that is really concrete on this issue, and by page 2/3 I think that should of been apparent to everyone else as well. This is bugging me that so deep into page 9/10 people are still filling half of their post with 'ideas' about what to do.

It seems to me to be an obvious thing to post about without ruffling any feathers.
too wrote:@Vi - You don't like Andrius' #170, but what do you feel about the rest of his posts, the ones mostly revolving around rings and colors, like, do you feel that is scum motivated?
Can I get your own thoughts on this matter as well? Why did you feel the need to ask Vi?
too wrote:I really don't like Starbuck's "at least I'm posting," comment, especially considering she was called out for fluff posting, and then she posted more fluff with that tidbit at the end.
Your posts with just statements and without backing up reasoning is starting to grate on me. Why do you keep popping out these oneliners, and what is it about starbuck's comment that you dislike and seems like fluff? And is doing such a thing anti-town, or just harmless posting?
tanstalas
[6] - Katsuki, SpyreX, Kublai Khan, Plum, Jack,
Kdub

Kdub
[5] - Vi, Fate, Andrius,
tanstalas
, xRECKONERx
I believe that it is incredibly likely one (or both) of these two is scum considering they both have switched onto eachother in self preservation mode. It seems to me that each has to a degree stopped worrying about other people and what they may be doing or acting scummish, and have instead gone porcupine.
kdub wrote:That you would vote me for this ridiculous reason just looks like you are following the biggest wagon and had to throw on some excuse to justify it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: tanstalas
Do you think his reason is ridiculous because he used it to vote you, because you think he didn't clarify, or was just made up? Also, 5 votes in a large (25+) doesn't seem to indicate = panic = jump on OTHER leading bandwagon.
tans wrote:If there is say a scum team of red and another of yellow with say 2 and 3 or 3 and 3 on each team then I see no reason why they wouldn't know of each other. They are the same mafia group, just split up because there are two 'scum' colors.
Do you honestly believe this, or are you just saying this? I think the mods have confirmed themselves that each color is 4 people. Does this make any sense at all when you think about it? For one, why would the mods unbalance the two scum teams and then let them know eachother, but then split them up... its just making my head hurt. Circular logic.

Would you mind giving me three bullet points (can be only a sentence) about why Kdub has done actions leading you to believe he is anti-town.

Kdub, the same. Or just links to posts that you consider influential for people to read regarding him.

Unvote

Vote: tans

----------------------------------------
I would like to kindly implore the people who seem to think posting in strange, exotic and sometimes juvenile ways to please stop. It was slightly funny, but not really. Thank You
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Guderian »

vi wrote: That's actually interesting information if true. It likely means that too many people requested scum.
Would you mind unpacking this sentence a little more, I'm curious to know where your line of thinking headed with this
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:37 pm

Post by Guderian »

dana wrote:Whoops, that's supposed to be:
Game Name= Blackest Night Mafia
Flavor Text= Based on the DC Comics series, this game will reenact the War of the Lanterns. Each player will be able to choose which corps he wants to fight for, and each corps except for Orange
will have two power roles and two vanilla townies.
This game will have two scum factions and one serial killer.
Here was what I was talking about tans, (about four each color) and it seems to also be relevant to our 'mass color-claim' discussion here.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:29 pm

Post by Guderian »

Kdub wrote:regardless of what one of us flips in the event of a lynch
Rereading a little. The only reason I don't see this as a genuine slip is that I assume no experienced player would say this. But did you just insinuate you even have the possibility of not flipping town?

Jack is your 345 just a bunch of people preferences or did you quote them to highlight a particular point you wanted to make?

-------
happy birthday.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:43 pm

Post by Guderian »

Tans wrote: Andrius was the one to make the point. In his VERY FIRST post.
Andrius's thoughts were his own, or at least he doesn't reference Jack. He omits some people included in that post, and doesn't seem to coincide directly with others. (MOI says he prefers a 'town cop' but Andrius lists him as '3rd party')

So I'm not sure what you're insinuating tans.

You will also notice that you slightly misinterpreted my question. I played with Jack once, (and read a few of his other games) he like to make points by using quotes. Sometimes, it is self evident. Some times it is not. That is why I asked.

Who is this mysterious 'group' you speak of?
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:50 pm

Post by Guderian »

I stand corrected then.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm

Post by Guderian »

Thread explosion alert.

1. White Noise
2. Tansatalas
3. Kdub
4. Thoughts on Setup
5. Scum Reads
6. Other Notes

--------------------------------------------
reck wrote:Guderian's fluffposting still bothers me, but that doesn't indicate which scumteam he's from.
tans wrote:Adding Guderian to the 'skims most of the posts' group.
MoI wrote: You make my scum list also …
1. Sometimes I get really pissed off on this site because people seem to view a later join date as an 'easier mark'. In EACH large theme game I have played (an one or two in other places) a whole host of people have jumped on me for posting shit like this, often containing the same words I hear here 'fluff' 'defensive' 'stupid posts'. Ok, If you think I am scum, make something out of it. I see this in a lot of games I play, and (not always in regards to me). A few suggestions here or there and out of nowhere a bandwagon has appeared.

Make your convictions and prove it, but don't lucidly hold onto something because you think It'll be easy to lynch someone.

--------------------------------------------------

Plum wrote:Guderian, why did you vote Tans over Kdub? Your Post #247 seemed to have Kdub as scummier and Tans as more bad logic, but you voted Tans. Hmmm.
2. At the moment I posted that thoughts, I thought they had both acted in ways that didn't seem to help the town, seemed to use circular logic/reasoning to fill their cases, and had both voted each terribly when their wagons seemed to be heating up. A lot of Tans speculation seemed to be frivolous, and his reasoning about how many men comprised the scum teams looked slightly contrived.

I ALSO think kdub is scum, and an interested to know where his wagon has gone to. A lot of it seemed to dissipate with the increased wagons on people that are perceived to be 'semi-lurking' or in other case having too much flavor talk. For reference, these two posts of kdub look the worst to me.
kdub wrote:That you would vote me for this ridiculous reason just looks like you are following the biggest wagon and had to throw on some excuse to justify it.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: tanstalas
regardless of what one of us flips in the event of a lynch
Now, I also commented that their actions towards each other didn't seem like they are essentially convinced that eachother is scum, just trying to pull their ass out of the fire, which I think even tans mentioned at one point. Given this, It seems unlikely they are scum together. Please point out how this is a controversial comment. This is not 'fluff' either because I would be happy TO LYNCH EITHER ONE. (also however mentioned this is how power roles act, please explain why you think this')

---------------------------------------------------------
3. I merged this with two.

--------------------------------------------------------

1. I have no idea why we are still talking about this. I think dana's post that I quoted made this clear unless anyone thinks the mods switched the setup between then and the beginning of the game.

2. Its 4/4/4/4/4/4/1. Each town color has two power roles. Thus, It is probably not a good idea to claim colors like others have said because one or two vanillia townie deaths allow scum/sk to hit power roles. (this has been stated already some where I think). So pr's dont want a color claim.

3. However, serial killer will be fucked when color claiming, because one color will have seven people. So SK does not want a color claim.

4. Scum dont want to get pigeon holed into anything. They also dont want a color claim.

5. Conclusion... As I typed this It seems to be there is none. Benefits lie on both sides. Like I said earlier, unless someone can break the game day 1, we should probably stop talking about it..

---------------------------------------------------------
5. 5.
MoI wrote:@Reck and Fate – If you are Town please don’t be so fucking stupid. Then again if you are scum feel free to tea-party towards a Modkill.
What is this I dont even. This statement could easily have been left at 'dont be fucking stupid.' What Your last sentence is trying to achieve is beyond me.

Is this mythical stove we have here in this game trying to look scummy. For such a combination, I expect more reasoning than this:
That + her play here, I agree.

UNVOTE: Kdub
VOTE: Starbuck
for a vote, and a better and less blunt reason than this
We submitted Town/Town and got Town. There's really not much sense playing in a hydra as scum.
for why they are town.

Fos:
The Stove
MoI

----------------------------------------------------

6.The Andrius Katsuki suspicions are also dumb, and those votes are being wasted. (btw thanks for contributing Andrius!!)

Xvart is town. cool.

Jack is again hard to read.

The SpyreX wagon was really stupid. The way people jumped off (and their opinions wavered) it was not they way you jump ON it if you seriously believe he is scum.
kat wrote:TOWN:
Katsuki
Fate
Reck
Can you explain why you made this statement, and why this little group has acted at times annoyingly and rather strangely?

Dislike fates play here. Someone point out the massive protown read they are getting for me.

Plum, here is where I got the fact about role cop. It was in Jacks 345.
Magna wrote
:Favorite PR – Tough question. I prefer complex roles or roles that are challenging to play. If I had to pick a vanilla role that I liked best I would probably say Serial Killer.

My favorite role of all-time (and this is over about 70 forums games here and on another site) is the following –

Paparrazi – A Town Modified Cop role. Each night I could take a picture of any player I chose. If successful that picture goes into my stock of blackmail material. The pictures had two uses. First at any time during the day I could PM the Mod and ‘blackmail’ any player I chose. I would lose that picture from my stock and take hidden control of their vote for the rest of the day phase (changes made via PM). Second if I was ever Nightkilled the Mod would publicly confirm, at the start of the next Day phase, if any of the players who I had remaining photos of in my stock were Mafia.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Guderian »

Btw everyone, its GUDERIAN
Is it that hard to spell?

If I were? (why are we tensing our verbs here) I think both Kdub and tans is scum. I joined the wagons when each of them had 5 (or 6?) votes.

I am still interested in the Kdub wagon. I think it is good. I am still interested in the tans wagon. hence the vote.

And why are you NOT interested in the kdub wagon anymore?
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Guderian »

Where Did i indicate I was NOT interested in a tans wagon? If this wagon loses all total steam, maybe, but its post like that one ^^^^ (your 479) that make it lose steam by getting people off it. I like my vote where it is.
recent posts don't look particularly townish or anything but i kinda lost interest and wanted to do something different

knowing my luck this means kdub is defscum but starbuck hate is cool too
This was your reasons? Sorry, I dont see it. Plus you seem to call him town, def scum, hop off his wagon and then insinuate that it is a good wagon all within two of your posts. (that quoted and 479)

Well on your request, Iosed starbuck. Nonsense coming from her right now really. I think this is a convenient wagon because all she has done is post flavor instead of anything. I mean, that isnt protown, but neither has a lot of other people been. I dont see it as wagon worthy unless the point is to get her to contribute. This wagon will probably dissipate when she stars posting stuff.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:20 pm

Post by Guderian »

tl;dr Tans

1. His pushes on people dont seem geniune
2. Argues nuance way to much, (and uses post/word count to hide himself in)
3. Theories and Off-cuff remarks dont seem pro town

(tans, are you pushing for a modkill of Kat, reck and fate or what?)

Vi: yes i played before this site. Why?
Moar Starbuck votes.

-PZ
This is so so lazy, and is about the extent of your content this game. Is no one else noticing this lack of much of anything here?

Fate, do you think you've been productive this game?

preview: 2 walls.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:42 pm

Post by Guderian »

Tans, get with the program. That was Vi's request from a few pages back.

You think the level of posting by the stove and Katsuki is ===??

I'm not sure why you are trying to establish a false dilemma for me with your second line. Katsuki reads mildly pro-town any how, and certainly miles ahead of you or the stove.

Youre pushing for a modkill because it is not allowed to collude with others about what colors you pick. (At least I'm pretty sure no outside game interactions is allowed)
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Guderian »

yet never followed up with this.
I think iso 9-11 details this, and my current feelings on each player (who seem to be linked)

Anyways, I was also interested in their cases on one another, and asked the question to see how they would respond when asked to summarize a case, what would they include, what wouldn't they include. By asking the question, and seeing their response (or lack of a good one), it gave me the feel that their interest in the other persons lynch wasn't at all great or serious, merely a momentary fad in an effort to pull their 'bacon out of the fire' as tans stated. The fact that when the lynch counts on each of them died down, their discussion towards each other dissipated, their intent to lynch the other dissipated, and their discussion of the others scumminess has dissipated, goes a long way to confirming my belief on them.

Both pushes seemed to come with an attitude of self preservation 1, anything else 2.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Guderian »

Scum

Tans and probably Jack
Kdub and the stove (plonk a vote down on kdub- then move it)

Person of Interest

MoI, (what point do you want me to answer?)
Toog
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Guderian »

xreck, you seem unusually abrasive in this game. Conscious choice?
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:16 am

Post by Guderian »

V/LA until this Saturday afternoon, and maybe even sunday. Was unexpected, and I didn't plan for it at all. Will get back in as soon as I possibly can. Thank you.

-Gud
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Post by Guderian »

This was last game on list to catch up on. Slightly amusing now :).

Well I was town.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:37 pm

Post by Guderian »

That was an amusing reread though.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #942 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Post by Guderian »

Well I was away from early Wednesday night till about today. Though the speed of that wagon was exciting.

38 pages and it only ended with that lynch. Could of gone 40 no problem >.>

np, if you're going to faux-hammer might as well spell my name right....

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”