Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:24 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Good Morning everyone!

Quick reminder that I am on the GMT + 1 time zone (6 hours ahead of EST).

Vote: Andrius

The color complaining is already old. Time to sing a new tune.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

The mods didn't specifically state (as far as I read) in the sign up thread as to which colors would be town and which wouldn't be.

If you know the flavor of Blackest Night and the Green Lantern series, you already know this information. If not, I posted it more than one and even linked the Blackest Night Wiki for people to read in the sign up thread.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Starbuck »

As for the no caps people, how about just using your grammar?

The lowercase and absence of it makes you seem so uneducated when I know it's the opposite.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

Katsuki wrote:yeah they did state color alignments in the opening post
My bad, too much time between my /in and the game start.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

For those who just quoted the Mods post from the sign up post, apparently y'all didn't read my post 91.

I already knew/know who the bad guys/good guys are via being a big fan of the Blackest Night/Green Lantern comics. I own most of them.

Even got a Green Lantern wall clock for Christmas.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Fate wrote:hey reck starbuck is fluffposting like she did as scum please mediate between us
Not really sure how stating my knowledge of flavor is fluff posting?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

SensFan wrote:For those of us who have absolutely no knowledge of the flavour, Starbuck, is there anything we need to know beyond which colours are Scum?
The colors are related to the emotional spectrum.

Red Lantern Corps (Rage)
Agent Orange (Avarice)
Yellow color: Sinestro Corps (Fear)
Green Lantern Corps (Will)
Blue Lantern Corps (Hope)
Indigo Tribe (Compassion)
Violet color: Star Sapphire (Love)
Black Lantern Corps (Death)
White Lantern Corps (Life)

The Blackest Night storyline is basically that the Black Lanterns infiltrate and all the dead comic book heroes come back as zombies (more or less) all over the universe.

Bruce Wayne of Earth.....Rise....

Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (isolation #7) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Starbuck »

Kublai Khan wrote:
Starbuck wrote:
Fate wrote:hey reck starbuck is fluffposting like she did as scum please mediate between us
Not really sure how stating my knowledge of flavor is fluff posting?
It's not scum-hunting.
Neither is going off of posts in the sign up thread either.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

SensFan wrote:Not 100% sure that my role necessarily fits the emotion you gave for my colour, but thanks.
If you want to further research, the DC site should have their own style of a wikipedia within it, as well Wikipedia in general has a lot of decent info too.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

Andrius wrote:1) I'm not complaining.
2) If it is old, why are you voting me? HRMMM
Because as of this post you are still going on about it (even in things not directed to me). Hence "time to sing a new tune".
Andrius wrote:I agree with Kublai Khan. Starbuck needs to stop posting non-scum hunting crap. We all need someone who knows flavor (I sure as hell don't), but we don't need more of what she's doing.
Did you happen to miss that I was answering Sens' question? I'm not just posting meaningless crap.

Also, do you understand why submitting purple was stupid? In the Blackest Night/Green Lantern universe, there are two shades of purple. Indigo and Violet.
Fate wrote:is this lotr i coulda sworn it waasnt didn that game end already
LOTR only has 20 rings. There are way more in Blackest Night/Green Lantern. =)
tanstalas wrote:Can anyone familiar with the lore of the comics advise if the two scum group colors we have interact at all in the comics? Do the Yellow and Red factions team up at all?
In Blackest Night, the bad guys are the Black Lantern Corps. Yellow and Red kinda of war with each other throughout different eras.
Plum wrote:Starbuck - I played with her before. As a Neutral party she basically fluffposted the entire 100+page game, from what I recall. That she's doing it again here doesn't particularly surprise me. Someone who knows her meta better than I do can tell me if she does that as Town as well.
I've just taken quite a few months off from mafia, and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #211 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, at least I'm posting, I'd like to hear something from Dekes and The Stove, Who have absolutely no posts in the thread yet.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Checking in real quick. First couple days after the holidays are always busy in my office. I was trying to plan a full re-read so that I can contribute more than just the flavor stuff.

Maybe my mafia break was a little too long.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I had plenty of time over the holidays which is when this game should have started instead of waiting. It's about 5:30 am here and I'm on my way out the door for physical training.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I didn't think it'd be over, but we sat for over a week and a half and there was no one around. I now have to work and do physical training (I'm military overseas) and I can't just go back and start my re-read right at this second.

I worked close to 12 hours yesterday, ate dinner and went to bed. I'm hoping I have some free time during my work day, but I do realize that all I have been contributing has been flavor and I was hoping I'd at least get a chance to get back into mafia before a bandwagon was started or at least re-read so that I can contribute because people here know I can.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #528 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

There was no one around meaning for me at work. I had barely anything going on.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (isolation #15) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:48 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I'm on my way out the door right now for PT, so hopefully I'll have time during today to conquer the first 10 pages or so (hopefully everything).

See y'all in a bit.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #887 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

Incoming Wall...
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #888 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:43 am

Post by Starbuck »

My absence inevitable this week. I just plain had no time. 11 to 12 hour days all week, and yesterday, one of my very best girls stationed here with me had her little man. So I was in and out of the hospital all day Thursday, Friday and today. She goes home tomorrow.

Meet Vincent Silas!

I was in and out of the hospital Thursday and yesterday for her, her hubby, and this little man.

You know as a site that can take 3 weeks to lynch people, you guys get really fucking annoying when people have real life stuff come up in the middle of the week. Just sayin.

Page 9 to Page 20

Toogeloo
Toogeloo wrote:I really don't like Starbuck's "at least I'm posting," comment, especially considering she was called out for fluff posting, and then she posted more fluff with that tidbit at the end.
Honestly me either, but I've fallen out of Mafiascum games and the thoroughness of posting in them for a long while and was hoping people would understand that. Guess that's too much to ask for.

I'm also not liking you harping on Reck and dramonic. I'm sure it's already been mentioned but Plum and her sister play games together too. It's the same thing. I trust that they don't discuss games outside of the thread.
Toogeloo wrote:Starbuck reminds me of a bastion of town information regarding the game itself, but kind of disappears outside of that. When called out on the fluffiness of her posting, she posts another fluffy post about her life, the blackest night universe, and everything else... like she is making a next volume to the Hitchhiker's Guide. Then she simply taglines it, "At least I'm posting." I don't suppose you want to get on her case since that's just a statement as, "Unlike Vi...," difference being is that is all she is doing... it's like just enough to stay off the radar activity wise, but not really sticking her nose into anything.
You are really pushing this hard, my friend.

The scummiest thing that you've found so far in this game is my flavor posts?

Andrius
Andrius wrote:
Starbuck wrote:Also, do you understand why submitting purple was stupid? In the Blackest Night/Green Lantern universe, there are two shades of purple. Indigo and Violet.
I FORGOT IT WASN'T A COLOR. I MEANT ONE OF THOSE TWO AND PUT PURPLE. /end discussion
How can you mean one of those? They are two separate Corps in Lantern Corps World.

Jack
Jack wrote:Starbuck quote makes her a good lynch.
Did you happen to see the date from my GTKAS? It was a long while ago.

I'm also not a fan of using information from outside the game. Isn't there a rule on MS about that?
Jack wrote:But I want to go with starbuck now.
All because of something I said in a GTKAS ages ago? That's weak.

But the thing you don't know are my favorite groups within Blackest Night.
Neither of which are scum.

Jack wrote:There is a cult, but it's no concern to the town.
How do you know this?

Tanstalas
Tanstalas wrote:I don't like voting people based on just what others say even if I agree with them, if a lot of people tend to think someone is scum I will look at them and try to find something else that looks scummy. Anyone that has played with me where I was town knows I do this. If you do not believe me go meta some games of me where I was town and you will see that I usually at least contribute something unique before hopping on a wagon.
I completely agree with this for the reason that a lot of scum tend to just grab onto someone's coattails and go for the ride on a bandwagon without adding something unique to the equation.

SensFan

Been thinking about Sens complaining about his role and I know it's WIFOM, but he could be distancing himself from the scum team. Just something to keep in mind.

Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan wrote:@Starbuck: You are trying way too hard to be neutral. That is a scummy style of play.
FOS: Starbuck
Explain how I am being neutral.

Katsuki
Katsuki wrote:kdub as stated earlier my comma period and apostrophe keys are broken and my shift keys got stolen
I have a spare keyboard that I can send you.

Plum
Plum wrote:Starbuck, you seem to have accidentally misattributed an opinion of Vi's on your play to me.
Huh?
Plum wrote:Except the chances of her posting "stuff" are fairly low. Plus this behavior p.much looks like what she did as neutral/scum/etc. in Death Note Mafia.
How does it feel to be wrong?

AlamasterGM

WTF at your roleclaim for no good reason in 438.

SpyreX
SpyreX wrote:I've got no idea what the starbuck wagon is about. Flavor + ?? + Lurking?
Me either.

So Jack, The Stove, and Vi all jump on board my bandwagon. Even though Jack's reasons are weak as hell, they are still his own. Everyone else just jumped for the hell of it, it seems. No unique reasonings anywhere. MoI joins it as well because of the GTKAS reasoning.

FOS: Jack, The Stove, Vi and MoI

And for the record, you won't see me voting for Reck at all. His town tell is as strong as his blip on my gaydar.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:46 am

Post by Starbuck »

Toogeloo wrote:Excellent to see Star back... Wallaway plz.
Told y'all not enough hours in the damn day.

Still got pages 21 to the end to do, but I'm gonna have some pizza first.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

Can someone give me some background on the Guderian case while I eat?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #909 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

Page 21 to End

Toogeloo
Toogeloo wrote:There are a couple people on both leading lynches I don't really care for.
What was the point of this statement?
Toogeloo wrote:I may throw my vote down on Star, but I would like to clear the air surrounding the matter before I commit. Reck states that he knows Star is town, and Vi apparently caught on as to why. Is there any reason to keep this from the rest of us? I don't care if Reck says it or Vi says it, but Star's lynch is a very good possibility, and if information pertaining to the lynch is helpful in stirring in the right direction, it should be brought to the attention of everyone and not just a select few who have the possibility of coming back tomorrow with something like, "I told you she was town."
Vi wasn't keeping anything from you.

Reck is my best friend on this site. He knows when I'm bullshitting. He also knows when I'm legitimately busy as fuck.
Toogeloo wrote:Hardly... and I don't really care for you abandonment. Are you eager to end the day, or just head to the next flavor wagon?
How did my wagon not lose it's viability when Vi blatantly stated it for you?

The Stove
The Stove wrote:Helloooooooo vigs?

Moar Starbuck votes.
Zito, seriously? =P
The Stove wrote:Zito and I are still (as of our last discussions) in agreement of the Starbuck needs to die movement, and I'm not keen on just buying into what Reck's selling.
I don't know how often I've played with you (AGar), but I think I'm more disappointed with Zito about this statement.

Tanstalas
tanstalas wrote:So Fate, what do you think of Katsuki saying that you, she and Reck colluded to submit the same colors?
I think that you don't know how to take a joke when you see one. I also think that YOU could use some lessons in reading comprehension, since you so boldly said that Katsuki was in need of them.

Reck
xRECKONERx wrote:Starbuck is town and voting her is a waste of time.
<3 you.
xRECKONERx wrote:I FORESEE A STARBUCK REPLACEMENT IN THE NEAR FUTURE
Just sayin'.
Jerk!
xRECKONERx wrote:Actually, since I kinda know Starbuck outside of the site, I can honestly say she hasn't been online much at all...and when she has been online, mafia has been taking a backseat.
Thank you.

MoI

His entire 610 adds absolutely nothing to the game and via gut, I'm not too hot about him. I think I'll be doing an iso of MoI after I finish catching up. I'm not feeling to keen on him being town.
MoI wrote:I looked that the argument. I don’t find it outweighs

1. The Starbuck provided information that she prefers Scum roles.
2. Starbuck’s play in Stardust Mafia as a Serial Killer where she pretty much tried to lurk out pressure on her and completely avoided scum-hunting while repeated posting about how she was too busy to post. I’m not convinced that her scum play would be much different in a multi-scum Large game environment.
I love your use of one game that you played in with me as a basis for your opinion.

When you play with me or have played with me as much as Reck, Kdub, Plum, Zito, etc, then you can make statements about my meta.

I'm in the military. Have been for 7 years. My busy-ness all depends on the week. It can be slow or it can be a madhouse. Take a look at most of my games, I have mega catch up posts in almost every single one due to work. It's not a new thing.

Guderian
Guderian wrote:xreck, you seem unusually abrasive in this game. Conscious choice?
Unusually abrasive vice his normal abrasiveness?

Andrius

Are we sure that 705 isn't meant for a scum quicktopic?
Andrius wrote:I still don't understand what you're getting at.
I agree she is scum though.
Based on everything before my walls, just how am I scum, sir?

You keep piggybacking off of what everyone else says and provide nothing of your own.
Andrius wrote:HOW IS STARBUCK TOWN.
Reverse the question. How am I scum?
Andrius wrote:How do you mean Vi gets Starbuck? I'm confused as to how she can't be scum.
Look at the quote below that I have from Vi, and you'll understand.

And about SpyreX's and Andrius's inquiries about the following post from the sign up thread...
Starbuck wrote:The mods didn't specifically state (as far as I read) in the sign up thread as to which colors would be town and which wouldn't be.

If you know the flavor of Blackest Night and the Green Lantern series, you already know this information. If not, I posted it more than one and even linked the Blackest Night Wiki for people to read in the sign up thread.
It was already addressed in the first 9 pages of the game. If you iso me, and go to wherever it is in the thread you'll see it.
Andrius wrote:But what does it mean besides that Starbuck is dumb?
This is absolutely uncalled for. As I said above, I had already addressed it. Way to be a jerk, Andrius.
SpyreX wrote:That is a lie.
Forgive me for not remembering after a 27 page sign up thread and a 2 week wait.

Vi
Vi wrote:@Starbuck: People missing incredi-blatant mod info doesn't seem unusual >_> BUT watch this.
The mods didn't specifically state (as far as I read) in the sign up thread as to which colors would be town and which wouldn't be.

If you know the flavor of Blackest Night and the Green Lantern series, you already know this information.
Starbuck is saying she
knows
which colors relate to scum, in spite of not being told as much...
Starbuck 210 wrote:In Blackest Night, the bad guys are the Black Lantern Corps. Yellow and Red kinda of war with each other throughout different eras.
Perusing Wikipedia, this is accurate - as long as they aren't attacking each other, the rainbow corps do have a common target in the Black group.

As scum, she would know this information is not applicable to this game, and it would be really obvious given that her entire scumteam would be the same color.
Thank you.

nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup wrote:Kay, I'm liking Plum. Gundaria is obviously bullshitting
Unvote.Vote:Gundaria
Gonna add any of your own opinion there?

Plum
Plum wrote:MoI - I'm already aware that she lurks when she wants to stay out of the way. Have you (or anyone) seen Starbuck-Town?
This would work if I was actually lurking, which I was not.

I just want to note that Dekes was the one who started up the Guderian bandwagon for when I'm re-reading later on. I'm not a fan of Stepho's quick jump onto the Guderian wagon right after Dekes posted.

I am going to voice right now that I am completely against a modkill of someone who is doing their best not to post in caps. It's like trying to quit smoking man. I made my worries known in the sign-up thread and things have been fine. I just was more concerned about being insulted all the time rather than the caps.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #21) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Starbuck »

I am actually quite happy with my Andrius vote and will be keeping it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (isolation #22) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:52 am

Post by Starbuck »

Vi wrote:I don't think Andrius would be a good play Today. If he's scum, he'll be scrambling in the near future.
This is true.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I seriously have no idea why I attributed those quotes to Plum. All I can figure is that the avatars are too similar.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Sorry, game opened during my overnight.

Ok, the reason why Reck was going on and on about me being town is because I am the other Star Sapphire in our masonry. He went to recruit Katsuki last night, and if he recruited scum, he would die. He has died and I have reason to believe that Katsuki is scum.

Vote: Katsuki

I'm quoted in a sig! Thanks tanstalas! =)
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (isolation #25) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:27 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Andrius wrote:I got a caps lock warning.
I feel like a true member of society now.
Did you get a caps lock warning for something that is usually capitalized like "EBWOP"? That would be me considering that the caps lock rule is going overboard.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1120 (isolation #26) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Starbuck »

Fate wrote:
Jack wrote:If kats isn't in the masonry, then the recruitment failed aka he is mafia?
hmmmm action resoltion action resolution...

i guess katsuki si scum

or.....

hey starbuck get modconfirmation on action resolution of mason recruitment pl-0x
I was supposed to get notification if the recruitment worked and I never received it from either mod.

It was stated to me that if Reck died that whoever he tried to recruit would be scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1121 (isolation #27) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:55 am

Post by Starbuck »

Katsuki wrote:what was this shenanigans on me
you guys tried to recruit me last night and failed?
If you were town, Reck wouldn't have died.

Since he did die while he tried to recruit you, you are scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (isolation #28) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:56 am

Post by Starbuck »

nopointinactingup wrote:I still like Fate's confirm better becuz there were 3 kills and 3 anti-town factions.
Did you even read the flavor?

My god.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1123 (isolation #29) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Starbuck »

Jack wrote:If kats isn't in the masonry, then the recruitment failed aka he is mafia?
YES.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1124 (isolation #30) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:04 am

Post by Starbuck »

SpyreX wrote:Starbuck - Can you Recruit as well?
I cannot.
Katsuki wrote:i am not scum
Stop lying scummy scum scum.
Kast wrote:Starbuck Lots of flavor info without much content in early game. This is null for Starbuck (if Starbuck likes the subject, he's going to give lots of flavor info regardless of affil). Catchup posts were helpful. Neutral affil read.
Thank you for noticing that.

Also, I am a SHE. Not a He.
Kast wrote:@Starbuck-
Please confirm this with mod: If Reck targets a non-scum to recruit but Reck gets killed on the same night, would the recruiting still happen? I assume that's a yes
The recruiting still should occur, as I should have notification. Since I have no notification, that proves to me that Kats is scum especially because if you read the flavor, Reck was on his way to recruit her when he was killed.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1125 (isolation #31) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Starbuck »

Also, I do know Reck's role exactly as it was written. Paraphrased, it's like this...

Every odd night he can (could) recruit. If the person is town, they'd join the masons and not lose their powers. If the person is Red/Yellow/Orange, he'd die, we can't recruit anymore, and that player won't become a mason.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #32) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Starbuck »

The second half of that happened which is why Kats is scum.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (isolation #33) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Starbuck »

What particularly do you like about it, tanstalas?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:41 am

Post by Starbuck »

Magna, how about talking about things related to the game and taking this subject elsewhere?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:51 am

Post by Starbuck »

Plum wrote:Frankly I hope this gets you modkilled despite - and because of - the fact that this move makes you very very likely to be Town. Or just someone willing to change his avatar for three months to try to bully us into thinking he's Town.
Seconded.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1152 (isolation #36) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:54 am

Post by Starbuck »

xvart, you stand by your read even though he was town?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (isolation #37) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

Do you play often with Reck?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1163 (isolation #38) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Starbuck »

Kast wrote:-I am suspicious of the Tomar Re claim. Tomar Re is DEAD in the Blackest Night storyline. He gets reanimated as a Black Lantern and fights the good guys. Starbuck, please confirm.
From Wikipedia -

"As part of the Blackest Night event, all of the fallen Green Lanterns in the Oan crypt are reanimated by black power rings in Green Lantern Corps (vol. 2) #39 (October 2009). Tomar-Re is among the many Black Lanterns shown standing against the Green Lanterns on Oa."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (isolation #39) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Starbuck »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Now that Reaper has not clarified whether overkill would be visible or not
I think speculation as to Kats being auto-scum is muddled.
The death flavour seems to indicate Reck was killed by someone other than Kats. It’s entirely possible that Reck was blocked by a Yellow action and killed by a Red action. There’s enough muddle in the circumstance that I think NoPoint is an overall better choice.
Noting this, especially the bolded, as a scumbuddy trying to save his scumfriend.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1171 (isolation #40) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:31 am

Post by Starbuck »

In case I die tonight, The Stove should not be on anyone's scum list.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (isolation #41) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

Katsuki wrote:i still dont know how he died if i was not recruited
It's all explained quite clearly.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (isolation #42) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

Andrius wrote:I'm confused. Starbuck essentially SAID Katsuki had to be scum at bottom of 45 and on 48 [?] she says he isnt? WTFWTFWTF
What are you talking about?
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2177 (isolation #43) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:26 am

Post by Starbuck »

Well I'm glad I investigated MoI. Too bad I didn't get to say what he was.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2178 (isolation #44) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:30 am

Post by Starbuck »

I did have a gut town read on Kats and she was riding Reck's non-scummy list, so I figured she was safe for recruiting. Reck could have completely ignored me and recruited whoever he wanted if he had a better idea.

I wouldn't have held it against him.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2181 (isolation #45) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Starbuck »

Katsuki wrote:WOW RC I HATE YOU AND YOUR FLAVOR

RECK DID NOT DIE RECRUITING ME HE DIED GETTING SHOT

FFSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
No he didn't. Read a lil farther down.

"SensFan tries to <kill> xRECKONERx but is redirected to MagnaofIllusion. - MAGNA IS BULLETPROOF, NO EFFECT."
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (isolation #46) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:42 am

Post by Starbuck »

People are pretty fucking lucky that I really don't follow dead QTs. That bullshit about Reck and dram cheating is just that, fucking bullshit.

Reaper, you have officially lost my respect. I wanted to play Brightest Day, but I won't be anymore.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2188 (isolation #47) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Starbuck »

The whole capslock thing went a little too far as well.

My issue with Fate was the way he talks to people (which I know is part of his meta, but sometimes makes it really unenjoyable for everything else), it wasn't the capslock at all.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2193 (isolation #48) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 am

Post by Starbuck »

ReaperCharlie wrote:
Starbuck wrote:The whole capslock thing went a little too far as well.
Yes it did, didn't it?
You took it way too far, sir.

I expressed my concerns about Fate, but not about caps lock.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2203 (isolation #49) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Starbuck »

ReaperCharlie wrote:@ gandalf/Kats/Starbuck/etc.

Luckily I don't care what people think. Sometimes what needs to be said just needs to be said, regardless of sentiments.

As a mod, if you would not have done the same if you thought someone else was cheating, then you have no backbone.
It could have been handled much better than the way you handled it.

And technically, you cheated by helping the scum team.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2206 (isolation #50) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Starbuck »

xRECKONERx wrote:Regarding the setup: the only balancing issue that bothered me is that we had no notion of there being a cult into far too late in the game. Dana & RC kept saying, "Well town should have been cult-hunting!"... which is easy to do... if we had more than 2-3 days to actually look for the cult. Not knowing about it is where the main balance problem lied. Black recruiter being bulletproof is pretty OP, then take into account it's a bulletproof recruited mixed in with three other scum factions, and town really didn't have a shot.

By the way, I just want to point out that I called all of red scum plus tans-SK on D1.

Just gonna warn you guys, I got a bit out of control in the dead QT, but what can I say? It really gets under my skin when someone assault my integrity, insults my boyfriend, and essentially tells an entire group of people that he has "proof" of my dishonesty, when in fact, he has none.

Dram & I never cheated, and for anyone who thinks we did, I'd suggest reading my points in the QT.

@Reaper: Yeah, but after you made such wild accusations, and were proven that your facts/basis for thinking that was false, you should've fucking admitted you were wrong and made a public apology. But instead, you continue to stand by what you said because of some sense of mistaken pride. I expected better.
I don't think you were out of control at all.

That is a fucking horrid accusation.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2211 (isolation #51) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:40 am

Post by Starbuck »

I would've went for it.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2232 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 am

Post by Starbuck »

Kats, I totally adopt you into the cabal of me, Kise, dram and Reck. We could use another chick.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2279 (isolation #53) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:22 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Kdub wrote:I think a lot of the issues people are having with the game could have been remedied by a simple solution: this game really needed to be advertised as a bastard mod game (and not just because of the cult).
Definitely agree.

Also, for those curious who the reviewers were....here's the link in the Large Theme thread.
danakillsu wrote:Whoops, that's supposed to be:
Game Name=
Blackest Night Mafia
Flavor Text=
Based on the DC Comics series, this game will reenact the War of the Lanterns. Each player will be able to choose which corps he wants to fight for, and each corps except for Orange will have two power roles and two vanilla townies. This game will have two scum factions and one serial killer.
Players=
Pretty sure it will be 25.
Experience=
Mini 1029 Mini 1071
Current Commitments= *None*
Back-up/Co-Mod=
ReaperCharlie
Back-up Mod Experience=
See wiki.
Back-up Mod Commitment=
See wiki.
Reviewed=
ReaperCharlie, of course, but nobody else.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2281 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

ReaperCharlie wrote:...point being?
That more than just the mod and back-up should have looked over the game. Take a look at the first post of the Large Theme Mod thread.
Kinetic wrote:Before requesting to start signups you need to do two things:
1. Get your game setup looked over and reviewed by someone who has experience in large theme game setups.
2. Find a qualified back-up or co-mod. (You cannot mod a large theme game on mafiascum without a co or back-up mod.)
Those are two separate items.

I also didn't like how the question was brushed off rather rudely in the Dead QT, could have just answered the guy's question.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (isolation #55) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 8:43 pm

Post by Starbuck »

It's been awhile since I modded, but last I remember games are usually reviewed by at least two people that aren't playing or modding.

I'm not jumping on that bandwagon, that is your own assumption. You seem to be full of those lately.

It definitely should be been advertised as a bastard mod and the set-up should have never been revealed at the beginning. Hence, more than the back-up and regular mod just being the reviewers.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2286 (isolation #56) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:28 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Who said that I believed there was no possibility of Black Lantern Corps? There you go assuming again. What I'm saying is, for those who don't know the flavor, knowing that a cult existed would have been nice for them.

I didn't know which way you guys were planning to go with the game. Black Lantern Corps could have easily just been it's own faction from the get go without a recruiting ability or you could have just pitted the lantern corps against each other just as Kats states below.
Katsuki wrote:That would be true, HAD MODS NOT TOLD US PRE-GAME THAT THIS GAME CONSISTED OF 4 YELLOW SCUM, 4 RED SCUM, AND 1 ORANGE SCUM.

HOW THE FUCK IS THE PLAYERBASE SUPPOSE TO RANDOMLY DEDUCE THAT "OH, FLAVOR IS ABOUT BLACKEST NIGHT, THUS THERE MUST BE A BLACK CULT FACTION".
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2288 (isolation #57) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:34 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Andrius wrote:
Katsuki wrote:
ReaperCharlie wrote:Anyway, my point is: To say that you believed that there was no possibility of a Black Lantern Corps in the game is ridiculous, given your depth of flavor knowledge. And you would have joined anyway, admit it.
That would be true, HAD MODS NOT TOLD US PRE-GAME THAT THIS GAME CONSISTED OF 4 YELLOW SCUM, 4 RED SCUM, AND 1 ORANGE SCUM.

HOW THE FUCK IS THE PLAYERBASE SUPPOSE TO RANDOMLY DEDUCE THAT "OH, FLAVOR IS ABOUT BLACKEST NIGHT, THUS THERE
MUST
BE A BLACK CULT FACTION".
YOU SAID THIS WAS TRUE.
THEN YOU LIED.
AKA
BASTARD MODDING.
QFT
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2291 (isolation #58) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Post by Starbuck »

Haters aren't gonna hate.

People that care and enjoy playing on this site are going to give you reviews on your game so you don't make the same mistakes later on.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2292 (isolation #59) » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:12 pm

Post by Starbuck »

I wouldn't have expected such shenanigans from either you or dana. I think I'm more upset about that than anything else.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2354 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:44 am

Post by Starbuck »

You don't know what people are dealing with in their life. Mafia may be one of those things that brightens their day.

Making someone look like a douche because you think he *might* be cheating is wrong. That whole situation could have been handled a lot better.

I hear RC is the king of PMs, he could have easily been the bigger person and taken it there, but he didn't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”