Mini 1105: A Mafia Invasion! (Game Over)

RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:25 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Tasky, I can't tell if your request is serious or not because your reason for being town does nothing to prove you are town. Also, am I correct in that we've quickly moved on from random voting?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Tasky wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:Tasky, I can't tell if your request is serious or not because your reason for being town does nothing to prove you are town. Also, am I correct in that we've quickly moved on from random voting?
do you think my post was meant to prove I am town?
don't you think it might just be a funny way to start some discussion?
which of the votes seems non-random to you? if you think we are already out of RVS, mind stating who your top suspect is?
So defensive. Yeah, actually I did think you were trying to get people to give good reasons why they were town, which would of started discussion just fine. But you didn't do that. And I believe that as soon as the first non-random vote is cast, RVS is over. And Mute said himself that his vote in Post 21 wasn't random. I don't have a top suspect yet, I've never been good at drawing incriminating evidence in first page or two of posts. I think there might be something between Mute and VP Baltar, or maybe you, but I'm not about to point any fingers when we haven't seen definite posts from the whole cast of players
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #49 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:13 am

Post by RossWilliam »

@Mute - I like this fence very much, thank you lol. No but in reality, it's just that. I'm not as adept at picking up on scumtells as some players, so I watch and listen and contribute what I can. I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line. And in regards to everyone being here, thats true, but not everyone has done anything to really make them show up on my radar as town or scum. It's only the biggest posters that I'm noticing.

@Vigilante - Is a vote without reason ever useful? I don't like that idea. To me, it looked like you voted Tasky with hardly any reason, and then once you saw other posters give their logic, Did the actions of the other players sway your reasoning at all? You made a vote that you could have easily withdrawed, but kept it once it looked like some other players had your back.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Fine

Vote: Vigilante Ventriloquist

For reasons stated, your vote for Tasky rubbed me the wrong way. I don't think Tasky is too scummy, I think he's reacting like someone who was told he wasn't funny. I don't think scum would be making such a big deal of my question and called attention to himself.

Now my vote is doing something, but I still want to here more from Dizzle, Ellibereth, Pappums rat & Guderian
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm perfectly willing to admit I'm not voting based on much. My vote for you isn't very strong, my reasoning for not voting Tasky isn't very strong either. But as it has been said, better to put a vote out there even if it isn't a strong one. I dont have a strong read on anyone, which I believe I said already. But if I'm going to vote, I'm going to go with whatever I've got, whether it is incriminating evidence or not.

I still really didn't think your reasoning for voting Tasky were strong. A gut feeling that someone seems nervous is impossible to argue logically with. There is no way anyone can say to you "Sorry VV, your gut is wrong." I feel like if you truly believe Tasky is scum, you could have found something more. He's already done alot more in this game than make posts with 2 exclamation points, but thats your only draw on him? If you are town, than your grasping at straws, and if your scum, you've placed a vote that can't be challenged. No one is going to argue against gut. You can argue against the conditions in which the vote was made, but you can't argue against the vote itself
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

VV, I'm not defending Tasky. What you call a defense wouldn't do a very good job swaying anybody's opinion on him. I was going to vote either one of you, and I gave my logic as to why I thought Tasky was less suspicious. I don't understand the logic that you're pushing.

Guderian, my vote is putting VV one step closer to lynch. That's all a vote does. And three of those people I named are the ones on the Mute Bandwagon from RVS who haven't said much otherwise. And you, you're in your own category., I liked posts 27 and 29 and I wanted to hear more, what you thought about the goings on. That's all.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:55 am

Post by RossWilliam »

@Dizzle: It wasn't just Mute that swayed me, I got this from VV too
Vigilante Ventriloquist wrote:Besides, do you think that voting without a given reason is worse than not voting at all? Your vote is currently doing nothing. Mine is on someone I think is scummy.
Once there was more than one people criticizing me for not having a vote yet it was enough to get me to put one out, even if I might not keep it out.

@VV: It was my opinion of him. There was nothing to defend him from. It's anti-town to condemn someone for stating their opinions of another player. Don't you want to hear what everyone thinks? Or do you just want someone to lynch?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:59 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@Jerbs. No, I will not vote a certain way just becaues I am told to. I am not 5 years old. Being told TO vote and being told who to vote for are two very different scenarios. Its like telling someone who's been quiet to post versis telling someone who's been quiet exactly what to write.

For your second point, you're right. My bad. But I just didn't like how VV left his vote open so he could go back in and say "oh yeah, that's what I meant later."

And third, a weak vote is better than no vote at all and a vote that is strategically hard to argue against is shadier than one that isn't.

Unrelated, I think all the attention that Rob is getting would be a nice cover for scum to hide behind. Theres a lot of people providing their input and they're all saying the same thing. Scum could easily blend in. Not pointed at anyone specifically, but I'm just watching the Rob voters.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:38 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:14 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

Mute wrote:
RossWilliam wrote:@Dizzle. I am not and never was in self-preservation mode. The goal of this game is not to survive, it's to win. If I'm lynched, and that provides information for the town to win, I still win, even though I'm not alive
I think this is what's confusing you:
RossWilliam wrote:I feel like if I vote irrationally I'll paint a target on myself and distract everyone else from the real scum. I know voting crazily can provoke discussion, and if the thread was running dry perhaps I would, but for now we seem to be discussing, and most people giving plenty of reactions and interactions, and that's whats going to be helpful to fine scum down the line.
I know I said the buzzword "paint a target" but if you read what I said my intentions weren't to keep myself alive, they were to keep the thread from being murkied by distracting activity, and people paying more attention to me than the scum. Basically, I was trying to avoid being a Village Idiot
Yet that's precisely what has happened.
You're causing more confusion than what is beneficial to the town at this point.
Unvote; Vote: RossWilliam

You're saying I'm causing confusing and distracting the town from finding scum. That's exactly what I was trying not to do, but ok. Even if that is the case, you don't lynch someone just because you think they're an unhelpful townie. No, you ignore them. If you believe someone is hurting the town in that way, then deserve a slap on the wrist or something. Putting someone at L-1 is not a slap on a wrist, that's asking for them to be lynched.

UNVOTE: Vigilante Ventriloquist
VOTE: Mute

If you think I'm unhelpful or annoying, great. That does not equal scum and I shouldn't be lynched for that
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:20 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

@VP: Meta on me would turn out weird. I joined the site a long while ago, play a game every once in a blue moon, and rarely do well. No alts

@Tasky: If you're town, you're worthless right now. You're doing nothing to contribute to the advancement of the game and you're just wasting time. If town, bad town.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Dizzle wrote:Not sure what's up with Mute

Unvote

Dizzle, why did you get off the Mute Bandwagon?
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:25 am

Post by RossWilliam »

UNVOTE: Rain
VOTE: Dizzle

I saw Dizzle on the forum. I've been lurking myself because I just moved back into my dorm and alots going on and its a lot easier just to read the thread than to make a post, but I'm here and I saw Dizzle not posting
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:09 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I checked the site briefly before I went to bed two nights and I saw his name at the bottom of the page. I didn't think it was odd because like I said I haven't really been paying attention and I didn't think he was missing that badly, but I've caught up now and realize that the town should know he was on. I feel hypocritcal calling him out for lurking when I was doing the same thing, but I think if he is checking the thread now is the time for him to at least post a "hey, I fell behind but I'll catch up soon" post. Until I get that I'm keeping my vote on him.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:46 am

Post by RossWilliam »

I wouldn't bet my mother's life on it, it was two days ago and I didn't think anything of it at the time. But I don't see how I could have been mistaken, that would have been a really airheaded mistake to make.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #15) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

pappums rat wrote:does ellibereth always act this weird? half of the time i find it somewhat hard to get to the meaning of his posts. i also dont like the way he put dizzle at l-2 without warning. and fsr i am the first person to note this...

Elli's vote was already on Dizzle. So technically Jerbs did the unannounced L-2, then Elli took Dizzle back down to L-3 and then revoted for him putting him back to L-2. Neither announced L-2
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

It's looking at this point that Dizzle's going to be replaced. I'm excited to hear from the replacement because more and more the bandwagon on Dizzle is making me nervous...I don't have a good argument other than gut but I'm just getting a bad feeling about the lynch, because the only reason my vote is on him is because of the lurking, but plenty of town have lurked before. From a selfish point of view, if he flips town for some fluke I'm going to get a LOT of flak at the start of the next day, and I don't want that. I'm not going to unvote yet but if it get's to L-1 and we still haven't heard from Dizzle or the replacement I think I'm going to unvote.

I'm liking Tasky more as scum because he's got himself set up with this reputation like he's not going to contribute and thats totally okay. Now he can glide under the radar just making his comments here and there. We'll see.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

UNVOTE: Dizzle

I made up my mind. I don't want to see Dizzle lynched without a defense. There is too big of a chance of the lurking being a townie fluke.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:32 am

Post by RossWilliam »

If AGar was killed as a result of scum, then it makes me think Jerbs is town. This could be a scheme to get us to mislynch to townies back to back. They killed AGar to get us all worked up thinking that "it was done to save Jerbs so Jerbs must be obvscum" but that's just too obvious to me. I don't know who to lynch, but I don't think we should lynch Jerbs
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

VV was the hammer, the day is over, right? Unless I miscounted. Gosh I don't think Jerbs is scum, I really don't think he was scum. Maybe it's WIFOM, but if the scum killed AGar than I feel like killing Jerbs is playing right into their games. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (isolation #20) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by RossWilliam »

I'm back. Will catch up. Not terrible shocked to see VP Baltar killed.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”