inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by inBOIL »

Vote Hiraki
. I couldn't think of a good enough joke to accompany my vote, so this is going to have to do.
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 am

Post by inBOIL »

Hiraki wrote:That's true. For a moment, I thought I was voting someone else so that's why I didn't unvote. Dunno how I forgot, tbqh.
This doesn't make sense. From reading this post I would think that you wouldn't have unvoted even if you had realised that you were voting for Chaotic. You appear to say that an early lynch is justified because he could shoot someone. You are now agreeing that it is a bit soon for L-1. Why the change?
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:23 pm

Post by inBOIL »

Hiraki wrote:Not really.

Just because you can shoot early, doesn't mean you should have to shoot early. More talking can help tomorrow, and today. I had never thought of it that way, and therefore, I like that idea better. Plus, I'm not 100% sure in CN scum, it just seems like the most probable at the moment. Let it also be known, like you have said, that this is the first page. There is no way that someone can make a good shoot/lynch based off of that. Thus is why I unvoted.

Hope that clears it up a little.
This kind of clears it up. This only explains why you changed to your current position, I was asking about why you had changed from your old position so quickly. I'm willing to accept that you saw CN's opinion and reconsidered your position however I was a bit sceptical so thought I would ask. Your vagueness doesn't portray you in a good light. I don't know if you misconstrued my post but I was wasn't insinuating that you were scum because of your actions, I just thought I'd ask to get the game going and to start some discussions and to see what else you'd say. It's called scumhunting.
Hiraki wrote:I'm good to put this vote back, btw. AntB isn't talking, and I expect something in defense from inBOIL. DR doesn't like to talk much, so idunnolol.
What is it that I am supposed to be defending myself against? Have you accused me of something?
AntB wrote:That's all I have to say, this is some interesting dialogue between you and CN... as lurking and withholding information isn't good in a small game such as this..
You don't seem to be contributing anything in your posts. Your first was useless and your second seems to be vague observations that don't really contribute much to the game. Don't you have any questions or are you just going to coast through this game?
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Post by inBOIL »

AntB wrote:My first was my initial (if brief) opinion on the game so far, not much content to go on.
The rest of us managed to contribute to the game and stimulate discussion. Your post was completely useless.
AntB wrote:My second was a breakdown of the hiraki/CN discussion.
How is that useful? We know what has gone on, we don't need you to paraphrase it for us. You are active lurking.
AntB wrote:Did you not read the part where I said "I want to see how CN got his reads"? Its a request for information which is more than you have done; considering your question is answered before it was asked.
I did see that. However you don't appear to be scumhunting. Your 'request for information' isn't that productive to the game, you haven't stimulated any discussion or garnered a reaction from anyone. I don't see why you need CN's reads at this point, he gave his reads on the contributing players only a page ago. What purpose does your 'request for information' serve? (In my last post I asked three questions, only one of which was rhetorical. It is also quite hypocritical of you to question my contributions to the game).
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:11 am

Post by inBOIL »

AntB wrote:Its also hypocritical of you to accuse me of lurking when you've made no more posts then I have...
However I've written considerably more than you in each of my posts while you have been reciting what has gone on and making off topic comments.
AntB wrote:How can you have "solid" reads on people when there's only 17 posts in game, you and drshotty have 2 posts each at this point, hardly enough for a "solid" read.
Then why are you asking CN for his reads? Besides I have four posts (excluding this one) not two. In the quote above this one you acknowledge that we have the same number of posts (four) so you must have checked, however later in the same post you accuse me of having only made two. Was this an unintentional slip or were you trying to frame me?
AntB wrote:There's no need to currently force conversatino by "scumhunting" as conversation is flowing naturally at this point, with 4 people out of 5 all in a discussion. Slips work better when they're not forced.
I'm not forcing the conversation. The conservation is flowing because I asked you about your post here. It was rather one dimensional towards the end of the last page (with the discussion between Hiraki and CN). My questions have caused you to pick your activity and say things, which is good. It may be a bit pedantic but I disagree with your assertion that slips work better when not forced.
Hiraki wrote:Also, you can't actively lurk on the second page of D1. That's impossible.
Okay. However I still think that AntB's posts exhibit the features of active lurking even at this early stage. The Wiki describes active lurking as posts being minimal in lenght, off topic or parroting what other players have said. AntB have shown all three of these already in the few posts that he has made.
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #34 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 am

Post by inBOIL »

AntB wrote:I'm not. I'm asking for how he established those reads.
In that case then I misunderstood what you meant. You weren't exactly clear in your explanation.
AntB wrote:In case you still don't quite grasp it, You had 2 posts by #17 which is the point CN claims he has solid reads.
Yes, I see that now :oops: Sorry. My misrepresentation of the information wasn't intentional (I'm writing an essay as well as keeping an on eye on this).
AntB wrote:Btw, wiki pages like that are generally based on opinion. I could edit it and say "An active lurker is someone who is in game and posts once a page" or "someone who has more than 3 but less than 10 posts per 3 pages"
Okay. Now I know that the Wiki isn't a source of reliable information I shall not reference it again. However I am still of the opinion that you were exhibiting the types of behaviour that the Wiki article described, irrespective of whether or not this behaviour is indicitive of active lurking. Your activity has picked up now though, it's the others who seem to have dissapeared now.
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:02 am

Post by inBOIL »

I'd naturally like to hear more from shotty, especailly considering that he seems to have developed an opinion about something. In regard to what I think about CN and Hiraki, I think it is way too early for a lynch. We can only afford one mislynch. I don't find either of the arguments particularly compelling and think that it would serve the town more today to continue with this day for a bit longer.

Hiraki: Please summarise your case, and explain your rather erratic voting patterns.

AntB:
AntB wrote:I am now happy to drop the hammer, however, before I do I want more from inBOIL and drshotty.
I take it that you are reffering to CN when you say you are willing to drop the hammer? If this is the case, could you explain why you are willing to lynch him.

CN: Have your reads changed since page one? Or is it still Hiraki and shotty who you suspect?
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #48 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:52 am

Post by inBOIL »

AntB wrote:If no-one can convince me otherwise I will drop the hammer later tonight.
You make a valid point. I am not interested in defending CN but I do think that it is a little early to end the day. Would you consider at least waiting until we get something worthwhile from shotty before day two? I can't help thinking that if we get there then we are going to be in no better position than we are now; if CN is lynched and he is VT I presume he will shoot Hiraki. That leaves you, me and shotty, with only three players alive at that stage it would be good to know what shotty thought today about the lynch. He did say he thought you were scummy so he's been following the game.
inBOIL
inBOIL
Townie
inBOIL
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:18 am

Post by inBOIL »

Good Game all. Thanks for modding Mod.

Return to “Completed Open Games”