mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (isolation #2) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by mongoose »

This seems like a really pathetic wagon. Whether or not we want to admit it, we all try to look townie even when we are on the town's side. At least, I do. Once you've been lynched a couple times trying to follow that idealist logic of "only scum tries to be townie" you realize its not true, whether its subconscious or not. Like it or not we are playing this to enjoy ourselves and no one wants to be lynched, whether or not it is for the good of the town. I used to be in the exact same position as shadowolf, so I can understand his predicament. I don't like this early wagon at all.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #3) » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by mongoose »

Eh, forgot to read 5th page, but I have to go to school now, so I'll comment on that later
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:10 am

Post by mongoose »

VOTE: exe

I haven;t checked the thread in 24 hours, and all of a sudden I have 5 pages to read. This better not keep up. That or maybe I should check the thread more [/non-serious talk

Anyways, the cases for exe have already been stated, and this day has been exe vs. shado, with all the arguments based around which one is scummier. I've already explained my view on shado, and I honestly think nothing good will come out of that wagon. On the other hand, I really dont like exe at all. Mosts of the posts that are scummy have been described once or twice, and Im kinda in a rush, but you get the idea. Yeah, Im probably gonna get called out for not being helpful, but I really have nothing to add.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:05 pm

Post by mongoose »

I've got a very very bad fever right now, and everything I read is going over my head, so I'll check back when I feel better (hopefully tomorrow afternoon)
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #6) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:25 am

Post by mongoose »

Dayvig should shoot either exe or shado. The opposite is probably clean if the shot person is scum. If hes town then, well, it could be town or scum. Either way, it makes today's lynch alot easier. Of course, they both could be bussing each other, but this seems to have gone on to a slightly larger extant than a simple bussing.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:23 am

Post by mongoose »

GOD PEOPLE STOP POSTING!

sorry I went inactive for the last few days before the lynch, as I mentioned I was sick and took a bit longer to recover than expected. Either way I got a suprise when I found the thread locked. I did read what I missed and bookmarked a few things I didn't like, though Im sure they have been mentioned plenty of times I wanna get my word in for once.
Exe wrote:I decided to do an analysis post just because of how terribad Beefster's recent post was. It was just too fun to pass up!!
Beefster wrote:What happened to innocent until proven guilty, my friend? I'm town.
So what are you left with? Gut? I'm sorry, but over the internet, gut is WORTHLESS.
To the first part, this is mafia not the American legal system. Nice attempt at rhetoric, but that's completely garbage.
To the second, gut is extremely useful. Nice strawman attempt tho.
Beefster wrote:Waaiiit... Did you just softclaim daycop? Ever considered your sanity? You could be a paranoid day cop if that's what you're getting at...
Or you're scum.
Since it's pretty clear that he was saying that the wagon is stalling because of the fact that people want all the miller claims,
this stands out as a GINORMOUS SCUM SLIP

You see, your FIRST instinct reading that quote was that someone had a guilty on you. Everyone knows the first instinct is the most genuine.
So why would you immediately assume someone had a guilty? Seems like you feel like it'd be possible.
And seeing as you aren't a miller, the only reason you would be worried about someone getting a guilty on you is IF YOU WERE SCUM.

TL;DR: Beefster jumped to defend himself from a guilty result that doesn't even exist. Scared scum is scared.
LYNCH THIS SCUMBAG.
This pretty much cleans exe for me, especially considering the flip. Oh yeah, nice job on the lynch yesterday.
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:
themanhimself wrote:Perfectly willing to hammer here, just lemme know when we're ready.
FoS tmh

themanhimself wrote:Vote: Beefster since it's not a hammer
HoS tmh

I kind of want to switch to you now for A) asking for confirmation from the town to hammer and B) voting BECAUSE it's not a hammer (both relevant to Caution Is A Scumtell which I am a proud supporter of), but I'll have to talk with my other head about this and he just went to bed, so yeah. All in all, a
GQPoS for tmh

~Pie
Sums up my thoughts about TMH. Definitely a scum slip on his part.

Not liking Rena's responses one bit. The reactions are scummy, and the cop stuff puts it over the top.

VOTE: Rena

being perfectly honest I forgot to send in my action -_-
sorry guys
I was a RB during that time, btw.

also, I'm liking THB more and more this game.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #700 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:25 am

Post by mongoose »

Someone's gonna accuse me of being scum for not sending in my role, saying I sent in the kill. Feel free to inspect me next if you believe so.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by mongoose »

IF I TALK LIKE THIS AM I A OBV TOWN? COOL! LET ME TRY.

FROM PERSONALLY PLAYING MAFIA, I FIND THAT IF SOMEONE POSTS SAYING THAT THEY "FORGOT" TO SEND IN THEIR ACTION THEY ARE LIKELY SCUM, ESPECIALLY IF THEY WERE "SICK" WHILE THEIR PARTNER WAS BEING LYNCHED. HOWEVER AS I AM THE LIKELY VICTIM OF THIS BUT AM CLEARLY NOT SCUM (AT LEAST IN MY MIND), I FELT FURTHER CLARIFICATION WAS NEEDED. LOOK AT IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, AS BOTH A MAFIA AND TOWNIE, AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT YOU WOULD DO. I FIND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SCUM HUNT, BUT WHAT YOU FIND IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS.

ALSO, I SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART IN WHICH RENA WAS DEEMED TOWN. MAY I SEE IT?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:28 pm

Post by mongoose »

Exe wrote:
mongoose wrote:IF I TALK LIKE THIS AM I A OBV TOWN? COOL! LET ME TRY.

FROM PERSONALLY PLAYING MAFIA, I FIND THAT IF SOMEONE POSTS SAYING THAT THEY "FORGOT" TO SEND IN THEIR ACTION THEY ARE LIKELY SCUM, ESPECIALLY IF THEY WERE "SICK" WHILE THEIR PARTNER WAS BEING LYNCHED. HOWEVER AS I AM THE LIKELY VICTIM OF THIS BUT AM CLEARLY NOT SCUM (AT LEAST IN MY MIND), I FELT FURTHER CLARIFICATION WAS NEEDED. LOOK AT IT FROM MY PERSPECTIVE, AS BOTH A MAFIA AND TOWNIE, AND ASK YOURSELF WHAT YOU WOULD DO. I FIND THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO SCUM HUNT, BUT WHAT YOU FIND IS GLARINGLY OBVIOUS.

ALSO, I SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART IN WHICH RENA WAS DEEMED TOWN. MAY I SEE IT?
ONLY SCUM FEEL THE NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY THEY ARE TOWN, OR NOT SCUM.

ALSO, YOU SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART WHERE CAPS LOCK PEOPLE DON'T USE FULL PARAGRAPHS. THIS IS A SCUMTELL.
THis is the most pathetic, overused, argument I have ever heard. No one sane joins a game, gets accused, and once accused says something like "I am not scum, simple as that" and continues playing. Everyone will defend themselves. Its natural. its human. We play to have fun, no to die in one game so we can join another. Obviously everyone wants to survive.
Exe wrote:It's also really boring. And winning is just barely less important than having fun.

AND I'M NOT HAVING FUN RAWR. LYNCH NAO.
Oh the irony. This "having fun" buisness only applies to you, I see?
Fate wrote:Mongoose changing his posting style to try and appear more town.

He is now confirmed scum, cool.
Fate just changed his posting style. He is confirmed scum. Really? no one can take a joke? Oh yeah, forgot, This whole fun thing went down the drain.
Scott Brosius wrote: The only game I've played with you, we had a player forget his action as tracker and he was town.

Unvote
Vote: Mongoose
I remember the game. Bondoox right? I was in the kingmaker situation and he said he forgot his action one night. What happened? Last I checked he died because of it, which explains why I was cautious. If one person gets lynched because he forgets his action and now I forget, what do you think I believe the consensus will be?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:15 am

Post by mongoose »

Exe wrote:LOL Mongoose is squirming SO HARD. ROFL ROFL.
Mongoose wrote:THis is the most pathetic, overused, argument I have ever heard. No one sane joins a game, gets accused, and once accused says something like "I am not scum, simple as that" and continues playing. Everyone will defend themselves. Its natural. its human. We play to have fun, no to die in one game so we can join another. Obviously everyone wants to survive.
Reworded: "This argument is stupid because it catches me as scum EVERY DAMN TIME."

Can we lynch this scumbag!?!?!? PLZ PLZ PLZ.
actually you hit the nail on the head. It catches me seemingly every single time, REgardless of faction. As such I find it is a rather pointless and baseless argument.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Post by mongoose »

I would like to hear why Exe thinks I am scum. Outside of this post he hasnt said a thing about reasons:
Exe wrote:
ONLY SCUM FEEL THE NEED TO EXPLAIN WHY THEY ARE TOWN, OR NOT SCUM.

ALSO, YOU SEEM TO HAVE MISSED THE PART WHERE CAPS LOCK PEOPLE DON'T USE FULL PARAGRAPHS. THIS IS A SCUMTELL.
I think I already explained why this isn't true (to which he responded the same way he usually respond to posts he can't reply to, rephrasing them in a completely different way).

I just realized that my wagon is based on the same reason Shadowolf was killed. While this doesn't mean a thing, the fact that I explained why this argument was void (or something rather similar) BEFORE he used it on me must mean something:
mongoose wrote:This seems like a really pathetic wagon. Whether or not we want to admit it, we all try to look townie even when we are on the town's side. At least, I do. Once you've been lynched a couple times trying to follow that idealist logic of "only scum tries to be townie" you realize its not true, whether its subconscious or not. Like it or not we are playing this to enjoy ourselves and no one wants to be lynched, whether or not it is for the good of the town. I used to be in the exact same position as shadowolf, so I can understand his predicament. I don't like this early wagon at all.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (isolation #13) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:57 am

Post by mongoose »

Someone kill me so I dont have to put up with ^ that any more
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #951 (isolation #14) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Post by mongoose »

I personally would like the day to end on PD 18 or just afterward, but I dont think anyone cares.
Lateralus22 wrote:Kay. Alan is scummy has fuck for his randomized action, even more so because he DID have real suspicions so it makes no sense to be all "herp derp gots to send in random action instead of someone I was suspicious of and skip out on reading the last few pages where obv scum was called out.

I am tired of your fake persona, it is getting in the way of reading you. I want this robot to crash and burn. I want blood, I want a wagon like no other to form on this guy to form within the next two pages.

Vote: Alan Two
QFT

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Alan2

i can understand the mafu wagon but she seems to be a weaker lynch than Alan. I have no qualms with a mafu lynch, however. No qualms with a robo lynch either.

remind me why we cant win this game for sure by stalling the day for another cycle until we get to the next vig? Is there a deadline?
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #953 (isolation #15) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:19 am

Post by mongoose »

mason isn't on the list of roles. Unless this is some sort of a joke which I seem to have missed, its a slip. I dont think he is really that stupid though (is he?)
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #989 (isolation #16) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:37 pm

Post by mongoose »

Well I've said what I can, and there's nothing else I have to say. So if you're going to lynch me hurry up.
Go Hawkeyes!
mongoose
mongoose
Goon
mongoose
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1003 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Post by mongoose »

GreyICE wrote:
I GET MORE FUCKING IRRITATED EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT. I'VE READ THIS THREAD, THIS ISN'T MAFIA. THIS IS LIKE THE
WHERE'S WALDO
OF SCUMSLIPS. I'M PROBABLY GOING TO REREAD SOMEONE'S ISO AND REALIZE THAT THE FIRST LETTER OF EACH SENTENCE SPELLS OUT "I'M IN THE MAFIA LYNCH ME."

Im doing this next game im in.
Congrats, you caught scum, though I still hold by my defense that I would have said the same thing had I been town. And I was actually a RB that day.
Go Hawkeyes!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”