Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Mini 14 ~ Mafia Holographica (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Vi »

Twelve people enter what looks like a fairly ordinary room, bare except for the setup in the center. Each sits down at one of the twelve fairly ordinary desks placed in a circular formation in the middle of the room. Each desk has a fairly ordinary computer with fairly ordinary keyboards and mice, fairly ordinary fabric-covered walls on either side separating the desks, and fairly
extra
ordinary virtual reality helmets.

The people - or should I say
players
- shake their mice a little and find that they are already at the login screen for a particular program. With a few rallying cries - "Let's do this!" - each person puts on their helm, adjusts the microphone to taste, and departs from this plane of reality.

---

This is the VR Arena. The players have become radiant holograms in this translucent cyan world. The floor and ceiling could be mistaken for glass, the walls were definitely solid but seemed to slightly glow their bright blue, and very slow ripples of same-colored light seemed to periodically pulse in and out of the center of the chamber.

This is still experimental, of course. The computers were something of a backup plan in case the VR aspect failed. But they don't seem to be necessary... The players came to find they were able to run, jump, and brandish their weaponry simply with their minds. A colored meter aggregating their physical stamina is where it feels like the edge of their vision should be, but isn't; as is a labeled pictoral representation of each of the items they could freely switch back and forth from. They would later find that the reality of the experience extended to making them pass out if they actually fell in the arena, but that wouldn't have deterred them even if they knew.

So, twelve people in a holographic room with weapons of mass mental destruction. Of COURSE they knew what was going to happen. But this game wasn't going to turn into a free-for-all. Some of them were acting as rogue agents. They had to be taken out via any means necessary.

A low whirring noise is heard, and the pulsing light seems to quicken as the life meters begin to animate. It's time to begin...

Cue mood music.

Important Links:

--------------------~spoiler protection space~--------------------------

Still on the Server:
(bolded means REconfirmed!)
4) Feysal - Town - Endgamed

5) Furcolow - Mafia - Survived

Unconscious from Sensory Overload:

8) Plum -
Tarhalindur, Wrexsoul over Mafia
- Independent - Faded Day 7

2) curiouskarmadog - Town - Faded Day 9
7) inHimshallibe - Town - Faded Day 9
12) VP Baltar - Town - Faded Day 10
1) chesskid3 - Town - Faded Day 11
9) TheButtonmen - Town - Faded Day 11
6) Gammagooey - Town - Faded Day 16
3) Fate - Town - Faded Day 16

10) VasudeVa - Mafia - Faded Day 16

11) vezokpiraka - Town - Faded Day 16
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:23 am, edited 34 times in total.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

How this game works:

Ruleset shamelessly pilfered from Vi.
Rules in bold have changed from the norm.

--Confirmation Period (Pregame):
What is it?
This is the period between when you /in to play and when I open the game thread for Day 1.
Mafia Pregame Talk:
Pregame is a bit different in this game, and the scum will not know their alignments during that time.
Pregame is for Confirming AND Demo Play.
Confirmation will be done via PM in this game. After I create the game thread, I will send out Role PMs. Please confirm by quoting your Role PM to me and adding "/confirm".
Can we start yet?
When all but two players have confirmed, I will unlock the game thread for the Demo Phase.

--Demo Phase:
What is it? What do I do?
During this phase, nobody will have an alignment assigned to them. This is simply a phase for everyone to get used to the "controls", so to speak. (It also gives the mod an idea of what to expect in running the game...)
When does it end?
Three days after the Demo Phase begins, I will ask if everyone's ready to move on. Unless a lot of people say no, I will assign Role PMs soon afterward and move the game into Day (the real game).
Does anything I do in Demo Phase count during the real game?
No.

--Day:
What is it? What do I do?
This is the period during which everyone who's alive can post in this topic. The Town wants to find and kill the Mafia (see below). The Mafia wants to avoid getting killed.
What is voting, and how do I do it?
There is no voting.
What is unvoting?
There is no unvoting.
Do we have to lynch?
Not really.
Can the Mafia talk to each other?
Yes.
Prod/Replacement Policy:
Prods are sent out if a player has not posted inthread for 48 hours. If the prod is not picked up in 24 hours, their slot becomes open for replacement. Because of the fast-paced nature of this game, now would be a great time to come up with ways to avoid getting left behind.
Player Abandonment Policy:
If half of the player list needs replacement at any one time, I will ask the remaining players if they want to keep the game alive. If a majority of the remaining players does not respond "Yes" OR I cannot find replacements within three days, I will declare the game abandoned and it will end right there.
Deadlines:
There are no deadlines.
When does the Day end?
The Day never ends.
What happens at deadline?
I ask for your address and come to your house.

--Twilight:
*sparkle*
THIS IS WHAT TRUE FEAR LOOKS LIKE
What is it?
Nothing that has do to with this game.

--
Night:

What is it?
Nothing that has to do with this game.

--THINGS THAT YOU CANNOT DO:
Can I talk about this game elsewhere?
While this game is ongoing, you are NOT allowed to discuss it in other topics/games (as this will likely get you modkilled in that game
as well as
this one). PMing other players about the game will result in a modkill. This game is in
this topic
, and at Night, the Mafia QuickTopic. That's it.
You use cool colors! Can I use them?
No. Impersonating the mod is both cheesy and fraudulent. I will use
gray
in my modtext. Do not use gray in your posts, or risk being modkilled.
I know how to prove my Towniness! I'll post my Role PM!
No you won't. Quoting your Role PM or anything I tell you via PM will result in your modkill. Trying to nitpick the formatting will result the same way. If you have questions about what you CAN quote, ask!
Okay, but I can still prove my Towniness through other, clever ways...
No you won't. As a moderator I try to avoid betraying who the scum are through any means. If you try to break the game, etc. through invisible text, cryptography, etc., you will be modkilled.
I have mod powers... so I can edit/delete this post... right?
No. What you post in this topic STAYS in this topic. If you multipost because the board is messing up, I will not delete the extra posts.
I'm dead. Can I still post?
No, with one exception. A recently decased player may make a "bah" post consisting of as many 'f's as you like. You may choose capital Fs or lower fs.
I have a QuickTopic. Can I post it?
No, not until the game is over.
You talk a lot about modkills. What is a modkill?
Pretty self-explanatory on its face - I kill you immediately. I also change your role retroactively to Neutral Survivor - meaning you auto-lose. I may penalize the rest of your faction somehow too.

--Other:
Stuff (stolen from Wizcat).
I am never wrong. Unless, of course, reality has warped, making me wrong. Please point occasions where this may have occurred out to me so that I may kick reality's ass. I specifically read for bold text, so use that if you want my attention.
Theme Game Disclaimer.
In spite of everything mentioned above and below, this game is not obligated to make sense until it is over. Rules may be overridden by certain abilities. I may include any number of exotic roles and abilities in this game -
and you will like it
2)
Miscellaneous.
Play to win.
3)
Other Things.
Have fun. Or else. And remember, it's a game - keep it classy and don't take things personally; everyone's doing what they have to to win.
4)
One More Thing.
Don't annoy the mod. The mod annoys back.
5)
Etc..
Etc. (Note: I reserve the right to clarify "Etc." at any time, to include adding or changing rules. You will be notified if that happens.)

--Hawt New Game Mechanic rules:
Holographic Nightless.
Instead of lynching and so forth, this game uses an HP system. Each player has the ability to Hurt (and possibly Heal) each other. When you reach 0% HP, you will appear as "fading" for one day and then you're out of the game. Instead of vote counts, I will show HP counts (accurate to 5%).
Ability Types.
Abilities are divided up into Special, Offense, Shield, and Support, and Factional. You may have at most ONE ability of each type active at any given time. Abilities that can be used more than once have recharge times. You MAY NOT swap out abilities that are recharging - for instance, if you fire on someone with a Plasma Pistol, you may not swap to a different weapon while the Plasma Pistol is recharging; you'll have to live with not firing for a while.
Basic Game Mechanics.

*All players have the ability to Move to a horizontally or vertically adjacent region. This ability has a recharge time of 1 day (so if you wanted to cross from the Northwest to Northeast regions, it would take one day from the time you started moving to get there and one more day before you could go anywhere else). Moves must be posted inthread (i.e. they're public).
*When an ability says "damage can be reduced to taste", that just means you can make the damage lower than the stated amount. For instance, you can reduce a 5-damage attack to a 3-damage attack for whatever reason.
*When an ability says "linear target", that means that the target is either in your region or in a region that is directly horizontal or vertical from yours. Geometry!
*Any linearly targeting weapon can alternatively target a direction. A shot fired in this way will have a 60% chance of hitting any player in that direction based on distance (if multiple players are the same distance away those ties will be broken randomly) and will continue until it hits a player or no other players are in range.
*Unidentified items will randomly drop onto a region periodically. If you are within that region, you may pick up that item as a free action. Only the first person to pick up the item gets it, and only that person gets to know what the item is!
*The Mafia Win Condition is to force a game state such that it is impossible to prevent Mafiosi from being the only players left in the game. This is not necessarily the same as saying that Mafiosi equal or outnumber Townies!
*Special, Support, and Shield abilities may be used inthread or via PM. Offense abilities and Moving must be used inthread.
Stasis Lock.
This game is (obviously) time-sensitive! If I, the mod, cannot be around to run the game, I will call a STASIS LOCK and lock the topic until I'm back. Nothing can be done during a Stasis Lock; all game-related QuickTopics will be locked.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Vi »

Here is a sample Town Role PM. All players begin with an offensive ability, but there are no guarantees for anything else.
~NAME~

ALIGNMENT:
Town

HP: 10

--Abilities--

NAME:
Plasma Pistol
TYPE:
Offense (basic)

DESCRIPTION:
A basic linear-shot weapon.
EFFECT:
Inflicts 3 damage to a single linear target. This damage may be reduced to taste.
COMMAND:
PlasmaPistol(target, damage) //damage is optional; if not included it's assumed to be MAX
RECHARGE:
1 day
SCARCITY:
Common

NAME:
Guard Satellite
TYPE:
Shield (independent)

DESCRIPTION:
Blocks attacks from a given direction.
EFFECT:
Absorbs damage and other effects from attacks coming from a specified direction. This direction can be set directly, oriented toward a particular player, or oriented toward a particular region. The satellite will be destroyed after absorbing a certain amount of damage, and you will be notified when it happens.
COMMAND:
GuardSatellite(option) //a cardinal direction, a player, or a region
RECHARGE:
N/A
SCARCITY:
Common

You win when all threats are eliminated from the simulation.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
This is a sample Mafia Role PM.
~NAME~

ALIGNMENT:
Mafia

TEAM:
_____, _____, ______
CHAT:
Here
HP: 10

--Abilities--

NAME:
Γ Pulse
TYPE:
Factional

EFFECT:
Inflicts damage equal to the average of all living players' HP (rounded down) to a single linear target. This damage may be reduced to taste. You may use this via PM. You may not pick up or equip Special abilities while you hold this ability (if you pick up a Special ability you will be given the option to drop this).
COMMAND:
GammaPulse(target, damage) //damage argument is optional; if not included damage is assumed to be MAX
RECHARGE:
7 days
SCARCITY:
N/A

NAME:
Plasma Whip
TYPE:
Offense (basic)

DESCRIPTION:
Deals significant damage to a nearby target.
EFFECT:
Inflicts 5 damage to a single target within your region. This damage may be reduced to taste.
COMMAND:
PlasmaWhip(target, damage) //damage is optional; if not included it's assumed to be MAX
RECHARGE:
2 days
SCARCITY:
Common

NAME:
Capacitate
TYPE:
Support (recovery)

DESCRIPTION:
Heals a nearby target.
EFFECT:
Recovers 1HP to a single target within your region after one day. You may target yourself. Recovery is capped at your initial HP.
COMMAND:
Capacitate(target)
RECHARGE:
1 day
SCARCITY:
Common

You win when it is impossible to prevent Mafiosi from being the only players in the simulation.

Please confirm via PM. I wish you the best of luck.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Vi »

And... I'm going to send stuff out in the morning. Furcolow has until then to confirm in.

When 10 out of 12 people have confirmed receipt of their PM, I will open the thread for the Demo Phase.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:58 am

Post by Vi »

>
Furcolow has confirmed /in...

>
Initiating Demonstration Phase...
>
Mafia-type setup for twelve players has been generated. Demonstration setup evaluated as 60% relevant to the actual setup.
>
Role PMs are being distributed. This can take a while; please watch warmly. The game will begin when about 10 people have confirmed.

>
Base arena is displayed below... Transparency around edges was lost with new program, nonetheless it will do until ViBot gets a clue...

>
Reiterating the Role PMs: You must select a region from which you wish to begin when you confirm /in...
>
If players take too long to confirm, they will automatically be placed in the center...

>
This demo phase is here so as to take care of potential problems and questions before they become a threat to the actual game.
>
Generating sample explanations to anticipated questions...
>
This game will be updated at or near 2100 EST each day. However, actions resolve in real time. It is therefore possible for actions to become invalid in between updates. Invalid actions will be disregarded.
>
Recharge times are independent of updates. If you use an ability at 1300 local time and it has a recharge time of 1 day (i.e. movement), you will not be able to use that ability again until 1300 local time the next day. No fudge factor will be permitted.
>
The only commands that need to be stated inthread are movement and offense module usage.
>
ViBot uses an interpreted language. If you don't type commands in exactly (i.e. PlasmPistol instead of PlasmaPistol) but your intent is clear, the action will be processed as normal.
>
Recharge times (i.e. for Offense modules) are for ALL modules of that type. For instance, if you have a Plasma Pistol and a Plasma Whip, you may not use one and then immediately switch to the other and use it.
>
There are no alignments assigned for the demo phase. If you will, everyone is Town. (Or scum.)

>Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Vi »

>
_12_ confirmations and initial positions have been received...
>
Creating arena...

>
Abbreviations are the first two letters of a player's username except for B: TheButtonmen. Colors are inspired by the corresponding avatars.

>
It is now the DEMO PHASE. You may use this time to familiarize yourself with the mechanics, plot strategy, or simply kill each other with impunity.
>
The DEMO PHASE will last for another 72 hours (more or less) from now.

>
The site's character cap is unusually low right now (<7400). This abbreviated HP count will have to do for now...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
|||
|
|||
|
||
|
|
|||
|
|||
|
|||
|
|||
|
||
|
|
|||
|
|||
|
(100%)
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #7 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Vi »

Five minutes trying to play with the action resolution spreadsheet have convinced me to go with a different way of resolving actions that doesn't work on real-time.
But more on that later.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #14 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:50 pm

Post by Vi »

chesskid3 wrote:I'm slightly confused about moving though
is the first move instant
and then you have a 1d cooldown
or does it take you 1d to get anywhere and then a 1d cooldown on top of that?
The first one. Movement is instant, and then there is one day of recovery.

Worth noting: For obvious reasons, moves can't be taken back in this game.

GG cannot move to the far west in this case because it's two spaces away. He CAN move to the NE, SE, or center. His move was not counted, and he may Move again at will.

EDIT: Yep, we're quickly showing up the naysayers who were skeptical about needing a demo phase >_>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #20 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:
Move: Center

The obvious choice is picked by no one.
This move is illegal, as it is two spaces away...

One moment, please.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #23 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:21 pm

Post by Vi »

All right, I hate to change mechanics IMMEDIATELY but this is quickly getting into "eff this noise" territory.

Let's go with the alternative plan of action, specifically one that doesn't rely on everyone waiting for ME to confirm what's going on. Pay attention.

---

ACTIONS RESOLVE AT 2100 EST ONLY, AND IN THIS ORDER.

*Shield
*Support
*Offense
*Move
Moves of like type resolve simultaneously.

All cooldown times roll over at 2100 EST. That means that if you use an ability NOW that has a recharge of 1 day, you have to wait until I update before you can use a similar ability. If you use an ability at 2059 EST, you have to wait one minute for the rollover and can then use it again if you so choose.

What this also means is:
>Move(NE)
>SomeAbility(Vi)

registers as

>SomeAbility(Vi) (from WHERE YOU'RE AT NOW)
>Move(NE)

---

All actions up to this point have to be wiped to accommodate this change. My apologies, bear with me, etc.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #41 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:48 am

Post by Vi »

Feysal wrote:So I have to ask, is there such a thing as canceling an action?
No. THAT's too exploitable.
I also expect the action resolution order to bring about some unexpected results. Imagine a player leaving a region and another player entering it some time later. The player leaving the region then decides to leave behind a mine, long after he decided to leave the area.

My common sense would say that actions should be final when posted, and they should be resolved in the order they were posted.
...which was what we had before, mostly.

I'm willing to keep recharge times the way they are (all restoring simultaneously). The drawback to immediate resolution is that it will cause people to have to keep track of an increasing number of actions in between updates (and a lot of actions WILL be used between updates) which gets messier if people deliberately use invalid actions (which right now could be out of ignorance but later could be a modkillable, etc. offense).

Also, as pretty as the picture of the VR Arena was, those colored tokens for the players confuse the hell out of me. So:

vezokpirakachesskid3Fate, inHimshallibe, VasudeVa
curiouskarmadog(no one)Feysal, Gammagooey
Furcolow, PlumTheButtonmenVP Baltar

I'd have loved to make this a table with fixed cell sizes and a background image, but the BBCodes for tables are regrettably unflexible in that sort of thing. Very crude too, add any line breaks within the code and you get extra space above the table.
I can do this if enough people prefer it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #71 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:31 am

Post by Vi »

The next five and a half hours can't go by quickly enough.

chesskid - by "reset" I mean nothing you did before registered. You are in the top middle region.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #74 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...
>
NOTICE: Due to this being the DEMO phase, the underlying mechanics will be revealed along the way...

>
You hear a clicking sound...
>
HIDDEN: This can mean any number of invisible actions. Surprise and terror!

>
Furcolow unleashes a tricolored swirl of energy! Plum is hit! TheButtonmen is hit! VP Baltar is hit!
>
HIDDEN: This is the result of TriAttack(). Furcolow's attempt to inflict 3 damage on VP Baltar failed, as the maximum damage for this attack is 2. Plum takes 1 damage, TBM takes 2.

>
Gammagooey forces a slash so hard it distorts the arena! ...But it missed every eligible target!
>
HIDDEN: This is the result of MagneticWipe(N). Everyone in the E and NE regions except for Gammagooey was in range for this, but by sheer bad luck it missed all three of them (60% accuracy per).

>
inHimshallibe forces a slash so hard it distorts the arena! chesskid3 is hit!
>
HIDDEN: This is, again, the result of MagneticWipe(ck3). In addition to doing 2 damage, Magnetic Wipe causes the victim to potentially lose modules as well. It doesn't apply to chesskid3 here, because he has no eligible modules to lose.

>
VasudeVa's whip arcs and cracks against its victim! Fate is hit!
>
HIDDEN: This is the result of PlasmaWhip(Fate).

>
A wobbling field of static swirls around vezokpiraka! chesskid3 is hit! curiouskarmadog is hit!
>
HIDDEN: This is the result of Gyroscope(), which hits everyone in regions adjacent to its user for 4 damage.

>
VP Baltar unleashes a tricolored swirl of energy! Fate is hit! VasudeVa is hit!
>
HIDDEN: TriAttack(). chesskid3 was not in range of this attack.

>
HIDDEN: At this time 1 day of recharge is assessed. Please note that Offense, Shield, and Support recharge times are separate, although it doesn't seem to apply to anyone right now.
>
HIDDEN: All of the abilities explicitly named above have recharge time of at least 2 days. Therefore, none of the players using said abilities may use one during this coming day.

Stand by for map and damage count due to character count...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #75 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

>
The character limit is still too low. Please repeatedly contact the nearest board administrator for more information.
>
Fun fact for today: People who have not changed their avatars since the move have distinct addresses for their avs. Quote this post for to see the difference. Perhaps this board is storing your old avatars?

Image <gauge>
(60%)

Image <gauge>
(73%)

Image <gauge>
(53%)

Image <gauge>
(100%)

Image <gauge>
(100%)

Image <gauge>
(100%)

Image <gauge>
(100%)

Image <gauge>
(93%)

Image <gauge>
(93%)

Image <gauge>
(86%)

Image <gauge>
(100%)

Image <gauge>
(86%)

>
Stand by for an administrative note regarding future procedure.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #76 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Post by Vi »

First, that is the LAST time I do that avatar-based damage count - it stretches the page way too much.
I'm going to spring for a BBCode table instead - I'm pretty positive you can put colors in the cells, so that's great.

Second, I've been thinking. The two issues I see right now are
1) unfamiliarity with the controls, and
2) no real direction (beyond random mayhem).

Assuming that doesn't get better with the two remaining DEMO days, a Mafia game would be hurt pretty badly by this. SO, here's an offer.

I have prepared a Mish-Mash version of this game. It's on a 5x5 grid, works in a capture-the-flag style, and would be played 7 vs. 7. With teammates, you would be able to confer with each other and sort out the controls with much more freedom with each other, and capture-the-flag provides a very clear goal for gameplay. Plus I think having teammates would make this more fun in general.

We can jump to it as soon as everyone's basically fine with how the controls work and have offered suggestions based on what they've seen so far. The basic mechanics behind randomly generated roles, action resolution, and map-based movement would be the same.

It's your choice, of course. I have the Mafia game and the Mish-Mash game already generated, so it's no trouble for me either way.

Until a consensus is reached, the DEMO phase is still on...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #90 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Vi »

Well, you still have 37 hours to decide. As long as you don't COMPLETELY run off on me I'm fine.

VasudeVa can only move down to E (or B3, whichever).

As a result of using MagWipe yesterday, inHim's offense is still recharging...

Which naming convention do you prefer for the grid?

Code: Select all

NW N  NE
W  C  E
SW S  SE

A1 A2 A3
B1 B2 B3
C1 C2 C3

C1 C2 C3
B1 B2 B3
A1 A2 A3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #101 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
You hear a clicking noise...
>
HIDDEN: This is Feysal's mine (and/or possibly something else)...

>
You hear a tone...
>
HIDDEN: This is Feysal's Mod Specs (and/or possibly something else)...

>
Fate delivers a piercing thrust! Gammagooey is hit! Sparks are flying from Gammagooey!
>
HIDDEN: Spark Sap. It does 2 damage, and 1 damage each successive day until GG finds a way to take no net damage for a day.

>
Plum fires a hollow beam! chesskid3 is hit! chesskid3 can't move! chesskid's Move for today was redacted!
>
HIDDEN: Stasis Ray. 1 damage; if it does any net damage the target is unable to do anything for a day.

>
There is an explosion in the NORTHERN (A2) region! inHimshallibe is caught in its wake!
>
HIDDEN: Oh by the way, there was a mine dropped there. =p

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

chesskid353%
curiouskarmadog73%
Fate53%
Feysal100%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey86%
inHimshallibe66%
Plum93%
TheButtonmen93%
VasudeVa86%
vezokpiraka100%
VP Baltar86%

>
Stand by for moderator remarks...
Last edited by Vi on Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

One more day. It seems like enough people want to play the Mafia version of the game - it's certainly not out of the question for me to run both, but the Mafia game has to be run now or I'd have to spend another four months in the queue (probably).

Questions, etc.?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #105 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Gammagooey wrote:so basically spark sap keeps hititng me for one damage until i either shield/block it once or heal myself for one+ points of health?
Correct.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #122 (isolation #19) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Vi »

Scene will probably be late today. Don't panic.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #132 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
You hear a humming noise...
>
A light rail has opened!
>
HIDDEN: This is VP Baltar's Plug In. I really like this ability, but it's not well explained as is, so I'm fixing that now (now as in "on the master list"). It's also indistinguishably inHim's Capacitate.

>
Sparks fly from Gammagooey!
>
HIDDEN: *failure tone*

>
chesskid3 tries to take actions, but is locked in stasis!
>
HIDDEN: Oh yeah, THAT.

>
VasudeVa's whip arcs and cracks against its victim! Fate is hit!
>
HIDDEN: Etc.

>
There is an explosion in the NORTHEASTERN (A3) region!
>
HIDDEN: You WERE warned.

>
Processing movement...

>
chesskid3 is no longer in stasis!

>
Loading display...

>
And in the Mish-Mash version of this game, that light rail will look 300% less "ghetto".

chesskid340%
curiouskarmadog73%
Fate20%
Feysal86%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey80%
inHimshallibe60%
Plum93%
TheButtonmen93%
VasudeVa86%
vezokpiraka100%
VP Baltar86%

>
Stand by for moderator remarks...
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #133 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Vi »

And demo done. We have enough requests to play the Mafia game, so that's what we're going to do.

You have a few hours to ask any remaining questions and make any relevant death threats. When I go to sleep tonight (yes, that "sleep" thing again) I'm going to lock the thread and pass out Role PMs.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #137 (isolation #22) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:14 am

Post by Vi »

Role PMs have gone out. Confirm like you did before.

A few things that may not have come up in the DEMO phase:

**Every other day there will be a random item drop. It didn't happen during the DEMO because OMGIS. I put it on my action spreadsheet so I can't miss it next time. :fail:
**Players who fall to 0% HP will go into a --FADING-- state for one day before flipping and being removed. -Why- is something you can guess at.
**Players who for whichever reason are not shown as within the arena cannot be targeted explicitly, but only by firing in a direction (and if they're on a light rail, not even that will work). Modules that only target the region you're in can be used, but if they fail recharge time will be assessed.
**If you wish to equip a Shield module pregame, that's fine.

The game will begin when I have all 12 confirms.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #138 (isolation #23) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

>
All players have confirmed. Preparing the GAME phase.

>
Gathering submissions... Setting abilities online... Publishing arena...

chesskid3100%
curiouskarmadog100%
Fate100%
Feysal100%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe100%
Plum100%
TheButtonmen100%
VasudeVa100%
vezokpiraka100%
VP Baltar100%

>
All requisite information gathered. Game is scheduled to BEGIN. Luck is wished to all.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #157 (isolation #24) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:59 pm

Post by Vi »

TheButtonmen wrote:
@Vi:
Do all players start with the same hp?
No comment.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #239 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:20 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Vi I don't know how the hell you're abbrevieting names but I'd appreciate a grid with actual names of players in this game cause I have no idea who FUUUUUUUUUU is.
That would be FUUUUUUUUUUUrcolow.
Come on, the abbreviations haven't changed for five days.

MOD CAN WE HAVE MOD-CONFIRMATION OF THIS SUPPOSED BET?
Comments: I don't have any
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #249 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Vi »

VP Baltar wrote:
Mod, to pick up an item, does a player need to post publicly in thread or does the player PM you?
Inthread.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #324 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
Region A1 was engulfed in a sparking explosion! Fate is hit! TheButtonmen is hit! vezokpiraka is hit! VP Baltar is hit!

>
chesskid3's whip arcs and cracks against its victim! curiouskarmadog is hit!

>
curiouskarmadog's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! chesskid3 is hit!

>
Fate's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! vezokpiraka is hit!

>
Furcolow fires a bolt at Feysal! Feysal is hit!

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast at Gammagooey! You hear a loud POP!

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate80%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe100%
Plum100%
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa100%
vezokpiraka30%
VP Baltar80%

>
Recharge time has been assessed. Proceed.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #392 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Vi WHY THE HELL DON'T YOU HAVE HELPFUL LINKS IN A PAGE LIKE THIS? I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE TO LOOK TO FIND THE DAMN MAP
I didn't think about it. (Not that you can't just go down to my last post in isolation.)

I can add that to the front page, sure.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #409 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
Fate attempts to use an action! ...But nothing happened.

>
Feysal unleashes a tricolored swirl of energy! chesskid3 is unaffected! Fate is unaffected! VasudeVa is unaffected!

>
Region A3 was engulfed in a sparking explosion!

>
TheButtonmen's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! VP Baltar is unaffected!

>
VasudeVa fires a quick blast south! It doesn't seem to have hit anything.

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast east! You hear a loud POP!

>
VP Baltar fires a bolt at TheButtonmen! TheButtonmen is unaffected!

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region B3!

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate80%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe100%
Plum90%
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa100%
vezokpiraka30%
VP Baltar80%

>

Submitting actions during the last hour does not make it easy to come out with results at 9:00.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #456 (isolation #30) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Vi »

A3 is top-right

A1 A2 A3
B1 B2 B3
C1 C2 C3
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #500 (isolation #31) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Vi »

Furcolow wrote:can i switch my actions?
remain where i am, and fire into C1

hopefully i'll hit plum
Nein.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #505 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>

>
chesskid's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! ...Or something.

>
Fate delivers a piercing thrust! VP Baltar is hit! Sparks are flying from VP Baltar!

>
Feysal attempts to use an action! ...But nothing happened.

>
Furcolow fires a bolt northeast!(?) It doesn't seem to have hit anything.

>
Region A3 was engulfed in a sparking explosion! inHimshallibe is hit!

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast east! It doesn't seem to have hit anything.

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate80%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe80%
Plum40%
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa100%
vezokpiraka30%
VP Baltar60%

>
Upgrading to Holographica v2.1... Complete
>
Changelist includes:
>
Electromagnetic Pulse now resolves first among all Offense actions.

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #579 (isolation #33) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:32 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>

>
VP Baltar fires a bolt at Fate! Fate is hit!

>
Sparks are flying from VP Baltar!

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region A2!

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate50%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe80%
Plum40%
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa100%
vezokpiraka30%
VP Baltar50%

>

Also, I just want to say - I'm sinking way too much time into mafiascum recently, and it's cutting into RL a lot more than it should.
I'll still uphold my modding commitments, but if I seem irritable or otherwise not willing to suffer fools, that's why.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #617 (isolation #34) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Stuff isn't going to get done for another hour+. I'm sorry. v.v

That doesn't mean you can still get actions in for today :P
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #618 (isolation #35) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate50%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe80%
Plum40%
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa100%
vezokpiraka30%
VP Baltar40%

>

A note about -FADING- - If you are -FADING- you are essentially dead until I say otherwise, so that's when you stop posting.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #724 (isolation #36) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>
VasudeVa fires a quick blast at vezokpiraka! vezokpiraka is hit!

>
curiouskarmadog's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! Plum is hit!
Plum's health has reached a critical low!

>
Fate's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! VasudeVa is hit!

>

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region B2!

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate50%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe80%
Plum
-FADING-
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%
VP Baltar30%

>
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #727 (isolation #37) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Vi »

I seriously wish I had an appropriate reaction pic right now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #734 (isolation #38) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Vi »

Vi wrote:
ACTIONS RESOLVE AT 2100 EST ONLY, AND IN THIS ORDER.

*Shield
*Support
*Offense
*Move
Moves of like type resolve simultaneously.

All cooldown times roll over at 2100 EST. That means that if you use an ability NOW that has a recharge of 1 day, you have to wait until I update before you can use a similar ability. If you use an ability at 2059 EST, you have to wait one minute for the rollover and can then use it again if you so choose.
Relevant.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #751 (isolation #39) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:47 pm

Post by Vi »

Fate: Recharge times are assessed at 2100 EST
whether I am here or not and whether I have posted the mod scene or not
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #777 (isolation #40) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Vi »

VasudeVa did move to B2 yesterday, sorry. It's fixed now.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #791 (isolation #41) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>

>
VasudeVa attempts to use an action! ...But nothing happened.

>

>
Plum has left the simulation. Processing alignment flip...
>
Plum's alignment was
Tarhalindur, Wrexsoul over Mafia
, acting independently of Town and Mafia.

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

chesskid360%
curiouskarmadog50%
Fate50%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe80%
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%
VP Baltar20%

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #915 (isolation #42) » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>
TheButtonmen fires a quick blast at chesskid3! You hear a loud POP!

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast at inHimshallibe! inHimshallibe is hit!

>
An overwhelming THUD knocks everyone off their feet! inHimshallibe is hit!

>
inHimshallibe's world got rocked!

>
chesskid3's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! curiouskarmadog is hit!

>
curiouskarmadog's hologram collapsed to a pile of static!

>
curiouskarmadog's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! chesskid3 is hit!

>
Region B2 was engulfed in a sparking explosion! Fate is hit!

>
VP Baltar fires a bolt at TheButtonmen! The attack was blocked!

>

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region C1!

>
Loading display...

chesskid310%
curiouskarmadog
-FADING-
Fate30%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
inHimshallibe
-FADING-
TheButtonmen80%
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%
VP Baltar10%

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #979 (isolation #43) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
You hear a clicking sound...

>

>
VasudeVa fires a quick blast at TheButtonmen! TheButtonmen is hit!

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast at inHimshallibe! You hear a loud POP!

>
Region A1 was engulfed in a sparking explosion! TheButtonmen is hit!

>
VP Baltar fires a bolt at TheButtonmen! TheButtonmen is hit!

>
VP Baltar's mental integrity is exhausted...

>
curiouskarmadog has left the simulation. Processing alignment flip...
>
curiouskarmadog's alignment was
Town

>
inHimshallibe has left the simulation. Processing alignment flip...
>
inHimshallibe's alignment was
Town

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

chesskid310%
Fate30%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey100%
TheButtonmen20%
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%
VP Baltar
-FADING-

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1061 (isolation #44) » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
Feysal attempts to use an action! ...But nothing happened.

>
There is an explosion in Region A2! Gammagooey is hit!

>
chesskid fires a bolt east! ...It doesn't seem to have hit anything.

>
Fate delivers a piercing thrust! VasudeVa is unaffected!

>
Feysal unleashes a tricolored swirl of energy! Fate is unaffected! Furcolow is unaffected! VasudeVa is unaffected!

>
Furcolow fires a bolt at chesskid3! chesskid3 is hit!
chesskid3 is fading fast!

>
Region A1 was engulfed in a sparking explosion! TheButtonmen is hit!
TheButtonmen cannot continue!

>
VP Baltar has left the simulation. Processing alignment flip...
>
VP Baltar's alignment was
Town

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region A3!

>
Loading display...

chesskid3
-FADING-
Fate30%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey60%
TheButtonmen
-FADING-
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%

>
Last edited by Vi on Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1088 (isolation #45) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 am

Post by Vi »

Attention--I missed something in the previous rollover v.v Look back and see.

Moves made between the rollover and now may be exchanged, as compensation.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1117 (isolation #46) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:34 am

Post by Vi »

I hate to interrupt, but there was a typo in the earlier damage report. Gammagooey has 60% HP, not 50%.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1146 (isolation #47) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>

>
A light rail has appeared!

>
chesskid3 has left the simulation. Processing alignment flip...
>
chesskid3's alignment was
Town

>
The Man Your Man Can Shoot Like
TheButtonmen has left the simulation. Processing alignment flip...
>
TheButtonmen's alignment was
Town

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

Fate30%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey60%
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1256 (isolation #48) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Post by Vi »

Update is going to be about an hour late tonight.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1257 (isolation #49) » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Post by Vi »

Or maybe not an hour.

>
Processing actions...

>

>
The light rail has disappeared...

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast at Gammagooey! ...It doesn't appear to have hit anything.

>
Feysal unleashes a tricolored swirl of energy! Fate is unaffected! Furcolow is unaffected! VasudeVa is unaffected!

>
Furcolow fires a bolt at Fate! Fate is hit!

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region B1!

>
Loading display...

Fate20%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey60%
VasudeVa70%
vezokpiraka20%

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1316 (isolation #50) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick blast at Gammagooey! You hear a loud POP!

>
Fate's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! VasudeVa is hit!

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

Fate20%
Feysal70%
Furcolow100%
Gammagooey60%
VasudeVa40%
vezokpiraka20%

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1335 (isolation #51) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Post by Vi »

Feysal, could you please TELL ME the next time you're going to do things at 8:59 so I know not to get everything prepared? Please and thank you in advance.
Last edited by Vi on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1336 (isolation #52) » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
vezokpiraka fires a quick bolt at VasudeVa! You hear a loud POP!

>
Feysal unleashes a tricolored swirl of energy! Fate is unaffected! Furcolow is hit! VasudeVa is hit!

>
Processing movement...

>
A module has appeared in region C1!

>
Loading display...

Fate20%
Feysal70%
Furcolow90%
Gammagooey60%
VasudeVa20%
vezokpiraka20%

>
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1405 (isolation #53) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Processing actions...

>
>An overwhelming THUD knocks everyone off their feet! Gammagooey is hit!
Gammagooey just discovered a new meaning for "pain"!

>
VasudeVa fires a quick blast at Fate! You hear a loud POP!

>
Fate's whip arcs and cracks around its victim! Furcolow is hit!

>
Furcolow fires a bolt at vezokpiraka! vezokpiraka is hit!
vezokpiraka went SPLAT!

>
A sparking explosion engulfs region B3! VasudeVa is hit! Fate is hit! Furcolow is hit!
VasudeVa just got owned! Fate is fading! Fate is falling! Fate has lost it all!

>
Processing movement...

>
Loading display...

Fate
-FADING-
Feysal70%
Furcolow40%
Gammagooey
-FADING-
VasudeVa
-FADING
vezokpiraka
-FADING-

>
Determining if a Win Condition has been attained...

>

I can't process Feysal's 9:00 movement.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1408 (isolation #54) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by Vi »

Because of the potential confusion regarding Feysal's movement, I'm willing to let him change his move today only. I will not do this again.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1417 (isolation #55) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Vi »

>
Initiating contingency algorithm...

>
Play method to guarantee stalemate for all 1 vs. 1 scenarios has been proposed.
TODO fix this in future version of Holographica

>
Establishing tiebreaker condition as: Destroy all scum before Γ Pulse fires again.

>
Re-evaluating Win Conditions...

>
It is no longer possible to prevent a Win Condition from being fulfilled. Initiating endgame.

>
Processing all remaining alignments...
>
Gammagooey was TOWN.
>
Fate was TOWN.
>
VasudeVa was
MAFIA
>
vezokpiraka was TOWN.

>
Feysal is TOWN but has no possibility of killing Furcolow in the requisite time period.
>
Furcolow is
MAFIA
and wins by default.

>
Game over!
>
A winner has been declared:
MAFIA (Furcolow, VasudeVa)

>
Terminating Holographica v2.0 system. Stand by to be revived by medical personnel on staff.
>
Thank you for choosing Holographica for all your simulated violence needs!

----

Roles, etc. to come... hopefully soon, although I need to go to sleep.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1420 (isolation #56) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:13 pm

Post by Vi »

-MAFIA-
FURCOLOW--Γ Pulse - Special, Factional - When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight.
--Plasma Pistol - Offense (Basic) - A basic linear-shot weapon.
--Upgrade - Support (Covert) - Shop for better items!
--Fail Safe - Support (Reaction) - Increases damage output at low life.

VASUDEVA--Γ Pulse - Special, Factional - When it absolutely, positively must be destroyed overnight.
--Electromagnetic Pulse - Offense (Disruptive) - Weak, but disables shields and supports.
--Rubber Resistor - Shield (Internal) - Reduces all damage by a reasonable amount.

-INDEPENDENT-
PLUM--Plasma Burst - Offense (Multi) - Mildly damages all targets in an adjacent region.
--Plasma Pistol - Offense (Basic) - A basic linear-shot weapon.
--Radio Silence - Special, Factional - Allows for invisibility and stealth!
--Conductance - Support (Covert) - Drag over nearby items!

-TOWN-
THEBUTTONMEN--Plasma Whip - Offense (Basic) - Deals significant damage to a nearby target.
--Data Mine (Timed) - Offense (Trap) - Detonates after a preset amount of time.
--Electromagnetic Pulse - Offense (Disruptive) - Weak, but disables shields and supports.
--ZapSat - Shield (Independent) - Blocks attacks from a given direction, and can hurt nearby foes too!

VP BALTAR--Plasma Pistol - Offense (Basic) - A basic linear-shot weapon.
--P2P Link - Support (Covert) - Allows for private communication.
--Conductance - Support (Covert) - Drag over nearby items!

GAMMAGOOEY--Plasma Burst - Offense (Multi) - Mildly damages all targets in an adjacent region.
--Carbon Resistor - Shield (Internal) - Reduces all damage a little.

CHESSKID3--Plasma Whip - Offense (Basic) - Deals significant damage to a nearby target.
--Carbon Resistor - Shield (Internal) - Reduces all damage a little.

CURIOUSKARMADOG--Plasma Whip - Offense (Basic) - Deals significant damage to a nearby target.
--Welfare - Special - Guarantees that the user always has three items.

FATE--Plasma Whip - Offense (Basic) - Deals significant damage to a nearby target.
Spark Sap - Offense (Basic) - Victim continually loses HP after getting hit.
--Rubber Resistor - Shield (Internal) - Reduces all damage by a reasonable amount.

INHIMSHALLIBE--Life Hack - Offense (Basic) - Drains HP from its victim.
Plug In - Support (Covert) - Warp in, warp out!

VEZOKPIRAKA--Electromagnetic Pulse - Offense (Disruptive) - Weak, but disables shields and supports.
--Quick Change - Special - Cuts recharge times down.

FEYSAL--Tri Attack - Offense (Multi) - Can hit three linear targets!
--P2P Link - Support (Covert) - Allows for private communication.

------

Note that Γ Pulse was changed shortly before the game began so that it did a flat 20 damage. All players had 10HP, so.

All the action resolutions are going to get posted
tomorrow
later today; I need to go to sleep.

I'm not even going to bother talking about who played well and who didn't. Pretty much everybody did terribly and they know it.
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1431 (isolation #57) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:30 am

Post by Vi »

Feysal wrote:Wait, how did this end so soon? I knew my odds of success were low, but I still had a chance of winning.
No you didn't. You needed a weapon to come that would do enough damage to kill Furcolow outright, and it wasn't coming for weeks. I wasn't going to let this game stall for months until you felt secure in stepping into certain death.
And, if the Gamma Pulse was an offensive module, how did it get fired at Gammagooey when both Furcolow and VasudeVa had used an offensive ability already that day? I was actually counting on it being used today, since the average HP was so low it should not have killed Gammagooey.
Gamma Pulse was Factional/Special. I said Offense because that's what it will be in the next version of the game, and I can understand the confusion, so... *removes*

The scumkill being changed should have been obvious from the inHim kill, since VV was kind enough to point out that it didn't work as advertised.

It's worth noting that Feysal's day 1 strategy would have broken the game had it been stuck to, but lol, that didn't happen.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1433 (isolation #58) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Vi »

May as well get the actions out.

PREGAMEchesskid3 - Equips Carbon Resistor
ckd - Receives Plasma Pistol from Welfare
GG - Equips Carbon Resistor
Plum - Begins the game in A2
VV - Equips Rubber Resistor

Day 1ck3 (CR) - Plasma Whips ckd (5 damage)
ckd - Plasma Whips ck3 (4 damage)
Fate - Plasma Whips vezo (5 damage)
Furc - Plasma Pistols Feysal (3 damage)
Plum - Plasma Bursts A1 (2 damage to Fate, TBM, vezo, VPB)
Plum - Moves to B2
vezo - EMPs GG (removes shield)

Day 2Feysal - Tri Attacks three people for no damage.
GG - Plasma Bursts A3 (no targets)
TBM - Plasma Whips VPB for no damage.
VV - Fires EMP south from A2 (hits Plum for 1 damage)
vezo - Fires EMP east from A1 (disables VV's shield)
VPB - Plasma Pistols TBM for no damage.
Module Drop 1 falls in B3.

Day 3ck3 - Plasma Whips Plum (5 damage)
Fate - Spark Saps VPB (2 damage + SAP)
Feysal - fails to use Tri Attack
Furcolow - tries to shoot into an ineligible reason
GG - Plasma Bursts A3 (hits inHim for 2 damage)
GG - Re-equips Carbon Resistor
Plum - Uses Conductance to pick up the module that dropped in B3 - Receives Mirror Shield
Plum - Moves to C2
vezo - EMPs east from A1 (hits nothing)
VPB - P2PLinks inHim

Day 4Fate - fails to use Plasma Whip
Plum - Removes Radio Silence (losing it), uses Mirror Shield
VV - Re-equips Rubber Resistor
VPB - Plasma Pistols Fate (3 damage)
VPB - Loses 1 HP from Spark Sap
Module Drop 2 falls in A2.

Day 5VPB - Loses 1 HP from Spark Sap

Day 6ckd - Plasma Whips Plum (5 damage, mortal)
Fate - Plasma Whips VasudeVa (3 damage)
VV - EMPs vezokpiraka (1 damage)
Module Drop 3 falls in B2.

Day 7Fate - Fails to use Spark Sap
Furcolow - Upgrades Upgrade to Upgrade
GG - Picks up Module Drop 2; revealed to be Plug In
Plum flips SK
VV - Fails to use EMP

Day 8ck3 - Plasma Whips ckd (5 damage, mortal)
ckd - Plasma Whips ck3 (5 damage)
Fate picks up Module Drop 3, revealed to be Data Mine (Remote)
Feysal - P2PLinks inHim (succeeds just long enough for inHim to get Pulsed)
GG - Plasma Bursts B2 (Fate takes 2 damage)
TBM - EMPs ck3 (breaks shield)
TBM - Activates ZapSat (guarding South of position)
VV - Gamma Pulses inHim (20 damage, mortal)
vezo - EMPs inHim (1 damage)
VPB - Plasma Pistols TBM (blocked by ZapSat)
Module Drop 4 falls in region C1

Day 9ckd flips Town
Fate - Sets Data Mine R in B2
Furcolow - Upgrades Upgrade to Upgrade
GG - Plasma Bursts A1 (hitting TBM for 2 damage)
inHim flips Town
VV - EMPs TBM (1 damage)
vezo - EMPs TBM (breaks shield)
VPB - Plasma Pistols TBM (3 damage)
VPB - Loses 1 HP from Spark Sap (mortal)

Day 10ck3 - Re-equips Carbon Resistor
Fate - Spark Saps VV (0 damage)
Fate - Sets off Data Mine R (4 damage to GG)
Feysal - Tri Attacks for no damage
Feysal - Fails to use a module he doesn't have
Furcolow - Plasma Pistols ck3 (2 damage, mortal)
GG - Plasma Bursts region A1 (2 damage to TBM, mortal)
VPB flips Town
Module Drop 5 falls in region A3

Day 11ck3 flips Town
Furcolow - Upgrades Upgrade to Carbon Resistor
GG - Plugs in, moving toward C1
TBM flips Town
VV picks up Module Drop 5, revealed to be Carbon Resistor (useless to him)

Day 12Fate - equips Rubber Resistor
Feysal - Tri Attacks Fate and Furc for no damage, VV at full power (0 damage)
Furcolow - Plasma Pistols Fate (1 damage)
Furcolow - Equips Carbon Resistor
vezo - EMPs an invalid target
Module Drop 6 falls in region B1

Day 13Fate - Plasma Whips VV (3 damage)
vezo - EMPs Gammagooey (disabling shield)

Day 14vezo - EMPs VasudeVa (disabling shield)
Feysal - Tri Attacks Fate for no damage, Furc and VV at full power (1 damage, 2 damage)
Module Drop 7 falls in region C1

Day 15VV - EMPs Fate (disables shield)
Fate - Plasma Whips Furcolow (4 damage)
Furcolow - Plasma Pistols vezo (3 damage, mortal)
Furcolow - Gamma Pulses GG (19 damage, mortal)
GG - Re-equips Carbon Resistor
GG - Plasma Bursts B2 (hitting Fate for 2 damage [mortal], VV for 2 damage [mortal], Furc for 1 damage)
vezo picks up Module Drop 5, revealed to be Welfare, loses Quick Change to pick it up, gains Plasma Pistol from Welfare

Random statistics:

My opinion on the relative power of each role (individually):
Fate > Furcolow > curiouskarmadog > Plum(?) > TheButtonmen > VP Baltar > inHimshallibe > chesskid3 > Feysal = Gammagooey > VasudeVa > vezokpiraka

Most damaging players: (not including Gamma Pulse)
Fate - 23 damage
chesskid3 - 15 damage
Gammagooey - 13 damage
curiouskarmadog - 12 damage
Plum - 8 damage
Furcolow - 7 damage
VP Baltar - 6 damage
VasudeVa - 3 damage, 1 shield
vezokpiraka - 1 damage, 5 shields
Feysal - 1 damage
TheButtonmen - 0 damage, 1 shield
inHimshallibe - 0 damage
Last edited by Vi on Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1435 (isolation #59) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Vi »

Feysal wrote:
Vi #1431 wrote:You needed a weapon to come that would do enough damage to kill Furcolow outright, and it wasn't coming for weeks. I wasn't going to let this game stall for months until you felt secure in stepping into certain death.
Er, I'm not sure I understand this. I would've needed either a Plasma Pistol or Plasma Whip, and either of them would've allowed me to win. Both are common weapons, I knew I could luck out and grab one of them in the seven days I had. Are you saying you generated several weeks' worth of random items in advance? I guess if you did and there were no weapons for the first week, then I accept the ruling. Otherwise, I have to say there was yet a chance for me to win, particularly if Furcolow got overconfident and slipped up.
That's correct. The first month of random drops was pre-generated. There were no weapons coming for quite a while.
VP Baltar #1432 wrote:Feysal, I think people were suspicious of you because you were pretty heavily focused on the strategy stuff. Obviously that's how you play, but it was hard at times to tell if you were setting plans for town to win or fail because it was all strategy, all the time. I don't know what you really could have done differently other than try to break up the Gamma-Fate word battle that allowed the scum to lurk.
Strategizing is my best skill in mafia, and in a setup this complex it was my best play. I felt that trying to scumhunt amidst the chaos was a waste of time, and trying to use the game mechanics to town advantage was the best thing to do. Ironically, when Gammagooey prodded me enough, I actually nailed both mafia in my suspect list.
That's probably the best way to go - as soon as you have a reason to do so, open fire; and avoid firing on people you don't have reason to shoot.

Why did you spend so much time doing no damage to anyone, though?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1440 (isolation #60) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:16 am

Post by Vi »

Oh right, the big questions.

I know it didn't go entirely without a hitch, but was the setup okay?
Would you be interested in another run? as Mafia or team-play Mish-Mash?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1443 (isolation #61) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:1. Shield should've been DEFAULT ON, ffs, that's what I thought immediately when I read my PM. If I had said shield I woulda absorbed most of VP's shot and Gamma's earlier blast.
This opens up a few potentially nasty situations, such as:
*Starting with more than one Shield
*Starting with a Support (reaction) you don't want to have equipped (i.e. Furcolow's Fail Safe, which did nothing until he hit 30% HP and would have blocked him from using other Supports)
and I really DID say "you can equip your shields pregame" and everyone but you did, so etc.
2. You LIED explicitly in the sample PM about how a game weapon worked. Its like saying in a SAMPLE PM that a Data Mine is OFFENSIVE, when it is supportive, ergo mod-clearing VV from planting the mine when he shouldn't have been.
Two mines are Offense (trap) because they trigger automatically. One is Support (covert) because it triggers on command. Now you know.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1445 (isolation #62) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:43 am

Post by Vi »

Fate wrote:Vote: Vi you're dodging the point which is about how its an example to explain WHY lying about the Gamma Pulse was bad.
THAT probably was a mistake, and I apologize.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #1451 (isolation #63) » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Vi »

vezokpiraka wrote:Also pro tip Vi: Make the roles PMs easy to understand. I had a problem when I read my special module.
They were supposed to be easy to understand, with the
possible
exception of the Data Mines.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”