smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:54 am

Post by smashbro_of_the_SSS »

/confirm, i suppose. Sorry for not confirming earlier, just got back to college.

anyway,
vote: nacho

because it's been a while since we played a game together
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:37 pm

unvote, vote: nacho

slightly more serious than last time, though not much. for being the second person to be the second person on a wagon.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:13 am

AntB wrote:
brokenscraps wrote:I never said CN confirmed 2nd, just that he is the confirmed 2nd scum, I may have phrased that poorly.
Very poorly... seems like a complete cover-up.

UNVOTE: JesseSheffield
VOTE: brokenscraps
AntB, I'm pretty sure it's just how people read the sentence. I don't see how that warrants a vote.

Sorry, but I have to go right now, I'll post either later tonight or tomorrow. Basically, I was also going to look at shotty, and slMagnvox, and then if anyone else catches my attention.

unvote
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:42 am

Again guys, sorry I haven't been on, but I haven't had much time on the computer recently. Hopefully I can actually start posting a decent amount when i get back up to school tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm not sure between Nacho and antB, I'll have to read through again. It seems pretty weird that Nacho called for a claim, because it really did seem to be rolefishing.

Nacho:
Nachomamma8 wrote:RE: ROLEFISHING:
I have played with AntB before. He's not a complete failure of a player, and he is smart enough to read through the game, which means that he would read the votecount before he would read my "Ant is at L-1" post. If he was a PR, I'm doubly sure he would question the fact and read the votecount. As town, he wouldn't claim ANYTHING after that post. And thanks to AntB being a little prone to OMGUS at times, I'm pretty sure he would've called me scum based off it.
Nachomamma8 wrote:The only things I used to conclude from your meta is that you're not a fucking terrible player, and that you're prone to OMGUS. Since you just confirmed the second and I'm hoping that you don't think you're a fucking terrible player, I'm pretty sure both of those conclusions are true.
These two seem a bit contradictory to me. If you say you can only conclude he's not a terrible player, how can you conclude how he will react to being at L-1?

So on the issue of those two, I would say I'm leaning Nacho, but before I vote either, I'm going to reread the game.

@Egg

When I said semi-serious, I would still say it wasn't serious. I usually random vote for the second person on the second wagon, under the thinking that scum will feel better about joining a wagon after someone else has, hence, creating a second wagon. It's by no means a reliable tell, I don't even know if it is a good one, but I usually like to use that reason. So I would say not serious.

however, someone how seems to have blended in very well has been shotty. He usually speaks his mind, and if he thinks someone is scummy he will push until his mind is changed, or the person dies. He hasn't been very active in this game at all, which I find pretty weird, but also the jump on the Nacho wagon seems very opportunistic, and trying to look townie. He hasn't done much on his own, in the way of scumhunting, and just in general he seems to be unusually quiet.

vote: shotty
, and when i come on in the next couple days, I'll probably move to either nacho or antB. Still, shotty is near the top of my list.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

farside22 wrote: @sotSpost98 why are you only looking at those that either are not posting or are typical flakers (from what I read from others)
I wanted to reexamine the wagons, and look at each, to see which one I found more scummy. shotty popped out to me because he seemed to be playing a bit differently than usual, and added slMagnvox because I could not remember him at all.

@ jesse --- yeah, I figured it would look like that. But it was the truth, i didn't want to make a hasty vote before rereading, and then having to go back on my opinion later.

still, I stick by my vote on shotty, he really hasn't done much of anything, and it seems like he's trying to stay hidden in the background. He's not pushing much of anything, and I'm interested that he didn't have anything to say about my vote for him.

Chaotic Neutrality/lord_hur seems a little scummy to me. I can't entirely explain it, but his vote on me in the beginning seems to be wanting to start a wagon without being too obvious about it, and seemed to focus mainly on pushing the antb wagon early, even after he said that he didn't like people pushing for lynches early. Lord_hur has seemed alright, but not enough to change my mind at the moment. It's a gray area slot to me.

also, going to keep an eye on the looker/whatever his name was slot. The first person only commented once about the wording issue, and looker hasn't been in the game long enough for me to judge yet.

as for antb and nacho, I'm leaning toward town for both of them. antb is a stronger read than nacho, but it seems as though both were more townish.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 pm

lord_hur wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:
vote: shotty
, and when i come on in the next couple days, I'll probably move to either nacho or antB. Still, shotty is near the top of my list.
1. How do you explain that drmyshottyizsik is NEAR the top of your list, while the other two names that you talk about have suddenly become "townish"? Who is at the top of your list, and why didn't you vote for him/her?
2. Why did you announce that you will switch your vote to someone you find townish?

Make that answer really good...
At the time, I was in the mentality that one of nacho or antb was scummy, and I would reread to find out which. I had seen the points about them and at the time they made sense, but I hadn't had all that much time to put into the game. So I said I would reread them. I didn't vote either because I wasn't sure which one was scummier, and i didn't think the two of them were scum together. so i dropped down to my next read, shotty.

When I got around to rereading, I found them townish. But that came after I made the post about voting one of them. The idea was that I would reread and then see which one seemed scummy. It turned out that neither really did for me. So I announced I would switch my vote to one of them, but later found them town, so I didn't.

@ archer
you said it was scummy for nacho to jump between wagons. If you think this is scummy, why don't you vote for him?

@farside and anyone in general
shotty usually posts one liners no matter what side he is on, or at least makes short posts. but he's usually found and drilled someone already. He's been pretty inactive in this game, and hasn't given much of a commitment to many reads. He's said he'd like a policy lynch on andrew, but lacking that says either nacho or ant is scum, and then calls nacho scum, and ant jailkeeper(town). So he's not sitting too well with me.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:34 pm

lord_hur wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:At the time, I was in the mentality that one of nacho or antb was scummy, and I would reread to find out which. I had seen the points about them and at the time they made sense, but I hadn't had all that much time to put into the game. So I said I would reread them. I didn't vote either because I wasn't sure which one was scummier, and i didn't think the two of them were scum together. so i dropped down to my next read, shotty.
1. This can be viewed as fencesitting as its best. And you did NOT say you would reread the thread back then, just that you would throw your vote around, as if reasons were not at the center of your thoughts at the moment, but you were rather just annoyed because you didn't know which lynch will be most promising and still wanted to appear as scum-hunting.

2. In my mind, you are also guilty of weak voting : you freely say that both were scummier at the time, yet you did not vote for any of them? You don't know which one is scummier of the two, so you vote for a THIRD, less scummy one? What kind of reasoning is that, seriously?

I know it looks bad, and I see how you see that. If it was another player, I'd agree with you. I mentioned this:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote: In the meantime, I'm not sure between Nacho and antB, I'll have to read through again. It seems pretty weird that Nacho called for a claim, because it really did seem to be rolefishing.
which isn't outright saying i'm going to read, but said I'll have to. anyway, i meant to say i would read though.

my reasoning for voting neither was because in the last game was in, we had a quick lynch a few pages in, on a townie. Both wagons had a decent amount of votes already, and even though I would trust these players more than in the other game, I didn't want to risk a quick death. But where did I say they were both scummy? I looked at my post, only saw that I said I wasn't sure between them.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:54 pm

Ok, I don't have much more to say about what's going on. My views are still the same, and I'll leave my vote on shotty for now. I'm not convinced on the case on Nacho. I get the point about his votes jumping between players, but I don't think that's enough right now. Also, I like DP's points on Egg. Aside from that, waiting on Shotty's replacement.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:39 am

The only thing voting out a non participant would do is give us less clutter, so I'd say if there isn't another big wagon other than Nacho, then we vote out whichever of the less active people seems scummiest so there's a shot at getting scum. (Yes, I realize I don't participate as much as I should.) Still not convinced of the Nacho wagon, but I won't be broken hearted if we needed to lynch him.

As for everyone else, I still like my shotty vote, but I'm going to
unvote, vote: egg

He hasn't contributed much to the conversation, and like David said, we don't know much, if anything, about his views on people.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Even though Jesse hasn't been on much lately, at the beginning of the game, he seemed townish. He knew what was going on, and commented, and it seemed like he was trying to help, or at least point out important things. Now that I look back over the ISO, I'm not as confident about a town read on him, but I still see Egg as worse, not doing pretty much anything important. All he did was ask questions and then disappear, replying only when directly asked questions.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (isolation #10) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:08 am

ok, really guys? How does it matter about making a new account as to whether or not someone is scum in this game? What exactly is this policy lynch for? I mean, I like the reasons given for why shotty was scummy, but those weren't mentioned at all.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #11) » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:13 pm

OK, Bella, you realize that your views on most of the people are "I could see them as scum/town, but not sure." right? You give one, maybe two strong stances. Actually, one, on lord_hur. It seems like a pretty easy way to sit back and then side with the biggest wagon. If you had to lynch one person right now, who would it be any why? (and preferably place a vote)
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:57 am

Alright, I'm not really liking Bella/shotty, so
unvote, vote:bella
Nothing really has changed for me for egg, mostly cause he hasn't been here much. but I don't like how Bella hasn't done anything to put forward a vote or give an opinion on who should be lynched, given the Monday deadline.

Also, not liking the archer vote either, seems like he just wanted to throw another vote on the second biggest wagon, so it looks like he's doing something.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:27 am

@ farside:
Sorry I haven't been posting as much as you like, but I tend to post only when I have something important to say, so it's sometimes infrequent. As more days go on and there are less people, I usually start posting more.

That being said, my view hasn't changed. I don't like the Bella/shotty slot for all the previous reasons. I have to admit, whoever said that a nacho flip would give a lot of information is right, so if it comes down to that I'll vote him, but I'd much prefer Bella.

also on my scum list now has archer in it. I don't like his reason for staying on Egg, cause it seems like he just wants to stay out of the mess and not attract attention to himself.

won;t be around this weekend, but i will be on sunday night and monday.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:22 pm

sorry I haven't been on this weekend, but my views are the same.

I agree with antb, what happened to change your mind so much, especially since antb wasn't really mentioned by Nacho at all?

also, Egg, if you have time to be on for about 10 minutes at a time, you could throw your two cents in, rather than wait on a lynch and vote if yours is needed. That's really scummy to me, saying you'll contribute to a lynch but not say anything about your views.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:43 am

lord_hur wrote:
Nachomamma8 wrote:Smash I just saw you down there where's your Batt vote?
Explain this.

Vote : smashbro_of_the_SSS
I'm surprised that this didn't come up earlier. I had just forgotten that it was the day of the deadline and didn't have much time online, so I didn't look at the thread at all. The only thing I can say in my defense is that if i were scum, I would be paying more attention to the thread, and would have kept checking and jumped to vote Batt right after the counterclaim. BUt pretty much I screwed up.

As for my opinion, I have a midterm coming up next week, so I don't have much time on this weekend. After Tuesday I can put more time in, but I need to do a reread before I vote anyone.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:14 am

1) I was going to, but I hadn't made a post yet today. I wanted to get in time for a reread first, so I would actually have something to say, rather than a post which would be me saying "O HAI GUYZ IM NOT SCUMMY BUT IDK WHATS GOIN ON".
2) I just forgot that it was deadline that day, and so didn't look at it.

@ broken : on Moday I forgot it was deadline, so I didn't read the thread until it was Night 1. When I did, I saw the claim, and realized that it will have looked incredibly scummy, so I knew I would be questioned eventually. I was just surprised it wasn't the first question on everyone's mind.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (isolation #17) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:52 am

smashbro_of_the_SSS last week wrote:I have a midterm coming up next week, so I don't have much time on this weekend. After Tuesday I can put more time in, but I need to do a reread before I vote anyone.
lord_hur wrote:
smashbro_of_the_SSS wrote:2) I just forgot that it was deadline that day, and so didn't look at it.
I call bullshit on this! You did not correct me when I said you were playing another game, and I know you were not, since you did not post anything at all at the time Nachomamma8 caught you!
I just thought I had posted. I know I had time to at least look at games, and I knew I didn't look at this one. Thought I had posted somewhere else, but I guess not.

@ Egg jailkeeping: I don't think it matters much, since you could have jailed the mafia member who didn't do the kill. No reason not to though, so sure I guess.
Looker wrote:
  • sotS, putting aside that you claim you forgot the deadline and didn't post because you didn't want to look scummy or be questioned, do you believe that posting now will solidify you as scum? If this is why you're not posting, it shouldn't be, because posting will only help your case. I for one do not think you are scum and would like to hear your justification for your actions.
No, I don't think posting now will "solidify me as scum". Not really sure why it would. I'm going to keep posting, possibly more than before to prove I'm innocent. See my first quote above for why I haven't been online.

ok, so. first off, antb. I'd like to see his opinions after a reread before voting him. At the moment I'm leaning slightly town, reading over his day1 arguments. However, as I've read more, it seemed like antb had nothing to saw about batt joining, and how people called him scum.
Battousai wrote:Concerning AntB- My only experience with him was the last game I played, he was lynched D1. The reason being seemed to be that he was more strict with his vote which appeared like fence sitting. (looking back, I find it humourous that he called the town/town neighbors the scum team before he was lynched ;)) This game he seems to vote more freely. I will have to read some more games on him before I would be tempted to vote him.
this is the only thing Batt has to say about antb, and im pretty sure someone had to ask him. on the other side of things, ant doesn't mention Batt pretty much anywhere, aside from replying about the town neighbors thing.

"AntB- Which is why I have to look up more of your meta before I would consider voting you (don't have the time today)."

Batt says this when it's coming up to deadline, but im pretty sure that someone could come up with a read on someone through over 15 pages of a game.

Ok, completely changed my mind. I'm seeing antb as scummy, and am only waiting to vote until he posts his catch-up.

Bella was one of my main suspects yesterday, and now isn't. I'd give her a neutral read, but it seems like she called Batt out too much to be scum. Got an eye on her, but would not vote her right now.

@ Looker
I thought I was one of the people you found scummy on D1. What happened?
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #18) » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 am

sorry, missed it. and yeah, it was within the day of the lynch, right before i went to bed. I really can't say anything other than i forgot. I know it's a horrible excuse, but that's really what happened. Nothing really else to say about it.
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #567 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:56 am

Alrighty, first off
vote: antb

Don't particularly like antb's case on andrew, seems like he's trying to pick on a weaker target, by voting andrew for playing pretty much the way he always does. Granted I usually don't like andrew's style either, but in my opinion andrew pressured Batt too much to be scum. andrew was on him right from the start. I don't see a scumbuddy bussing someone who replaced in that much.

antb, again, hasn't said pretty much anything to Batt when he was acting scummy. Interestingly enough, antb asked about the deadline policy, whether it would be a no-lynch or a majority lynch, and then doesn't come on to vote Batt after the claim. ( kettle black, I know. point still stands. )
smashbro_of_the_SSS
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
smashbro_of_the_SSS
Goon
Goon

Post Post #607 (isolation #20) » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:54 pm

I'm sorry guys, but I can't put time into this game. Was trying to hold on and hope i would have more time to post, but apparently not.
mod, replace me

as for any final thoughts, I still think antb is scum, and im thinking town for bella and davidparker. there is a grey area for pretty much everyone else. looker's vote back to me looked weird to me though, considering that he recently said he thought i was townie (for pretty bad reasons I might add. the fact that my lack of activity can be accounted for?)

Return to “Completed Open Games”