Delete this

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Its acceptable, so I wouldn't worry about that. What I would say though is you might be likely to get a few harsh critics especially as its your first post in GD (generally its better to slowly get yourself known by posting a few times in other threads first).

That being said, you got my curiosity. However having watched your 8.26 video, I'm not 100% sure on the purpose of it? Is it a walkthrough guide or just letting people see you play and then once thats answered it's not exactly new ground, I mean you give me the best part of a day I believe I could complete Mario 64 but Ive had it for about 13/14 years now. I don't really understand why you would spend time playing it outwith the n64 environment and make videos of yourself talking about it. I'm sorry if Im sounding harsh to you, but A. I don't see a point and B. Its easier to give you feedback if you were to supply one.

Also INSANE visual quality is a bit of a wrong 'un. Your videoing an N64 game, therefore you may have the best recording equipment in the world, its not going to make your video look any better. The quality is good for a recording of an emulated N64 game, just as your microphone/audio was quite good but definately not insane. Insane quality to me suggests that you are filming the video of yourself doing this and you are talking to me as if you are sitting next to me on my horrible brown sofa, whilst a 24 piece band are playing around about me. Don't set yourself up for a fall before you've even begun. You will find critics (especially here) will be harsher for you if you big yourself up to much.

That all being said, it wasn't bad. You could do with maybe fast forwarding through the introduction, it's not needed. Get straight to the playing and I don't mean start from outside every time you start. If your doing a level in Thwomps Fortress (the name of the second level by the way) then start there! The whole first few minutes weren't needed and were quite dull. We don't need to see you playing with Mario's face unless you say, "you can do this"

If it was a walkthrough then you should be taking the best routes and even if it's not, you should be aware that some things could be boring for us to watch, (ie. you running up the hill with the red coin whilst you are babbling away), you need to keep it moving, especially later on when you are going back to some of the same spaces, you might want to consider recording it then adding the audio and speeding up the bits where you have been before. Still seeing what your doing but moving a bit faster.

Your babbling was okay and you did keep me interested till the end but all the info you gave at the end could have been given throughout the video, that way we don't have to sit through the last 30 seconds of you somersaulting in the hall.

tl dr. Cut the unnecessary bits, dont big yourself up too much, make sure what your saying is relevant and make sure you have a point for doing it.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:32 pm

Post by Porochaz »

By the way, your bold tags do not work in your sig.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Porochaz »

sorasgoof wrote:
Oman wrote:
sorasgoof wrote:I'm sorry I asked for feedback. Mods, if you see this, please delete this thread. I knew I didn't like mafiascum that much anyway. People here aren't, in all honesty, that helpful. Thanks to those who actually gave constructive criticism and
were
actually trying to help.
HAHAHA! Don't get the answer you want? Cry and take your ball home!

The answers you want are elsewhere. Your inability to take criticism is hilarious, especially with the "I knew I didn't like you guys, I just wanted your approval".
I don't know exactly who you think you are, but you're being an asshole, plain and simple. You're right. I don't like criticism. I LOVE constructive criticism, something lacking in this thread when I made that post. This is the EXACT REASON I don't like half the people on mafiascum.

So, leave the thread. You're not helping, and this post I quoted from you shows your inability to read threads and comprehend.
It's true though, correct? I wrote my post in a way that would hopefully be taken as constructive criticism but you used it as another chance to plug your awesome audio/visuals. The constructive criticism you are getting are problems found at the core of your venture. Hence why it's sounding like just criticism but "doing Super Mario 64 is overplayed you should look up something more unusual" or "You need to be more funny, not talk about the game itself so much" and "this is probably the wrong group of people to ask" are constructive criticisms just not in the way you want and its what most of the posts said.

I warned you about this within the first post. You came in here and posted and advertised or not your venture without learning about the group of users or community this place has and you are upset when people don't go "WOW! Your voice IS so crisp, you are regular Morgan Freeman of the Let's Play world". We don't know you from Adam, you haven't participated in other threads, you haven't let yourself be known. Now we are happy to get to know you if you go into the intro's section or post a few times in other GD thread, get yourself known. You didn't though, you jumped into the deep end and you sank. Now I try to be nice to newbies but I don't suffer fools either and you sir, are a fool if you think you can waltz in and big up something you did and go "LOOK GUISE IM SO AWSUM" and not expect some flak. You went about it the wrong way and you got the response I expected.

Your question was okay if flawed, you got some constructive criticism even if you don't see it, your execution on how to ask was wrong.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Also as far as Im aware, me, Oman, Prana, Demon and Buttonman all gave you constructive feedback throughout the thread.

EDIT: and if you had read up on the playerbase first you would have realised how to take JDodge's comments and how he could have (and has in the past) given good advice.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Im fairly sure Oman is smiling about now.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:34 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Hey! That was the best appetiser I ever had.

Return to “General Discussion”