Delete this

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

To clear some things up

A Lets Play is a video youtube series on a certain game. It is a complete playthrough and commentary by the person playing it. That simple.

That being said, I note a few things wrong.

1. You advertised it here
2. You advertised it at all
3. Your game choice.

As for #1 and #2, a Lets Play isn't something you shove into peoples' faces. It's something that they need to be interested in, perhaps a game they haven't played before or just looking for some funny commentary to a game they have played before. General Chat is a bad place for this, and Mafiascum is a bad place for this, unless it is in the video game thread, and even then, most people won't be interested.

As for #3, I look at Lets Plays for games I haven't beaten, haven't played or can't beat. And the commentary needs to be funny, REALLY funny. It's gotta make me want to watch FOR the commentary. I'm more inclined to look at Lets Plays of stuff like Eversion, I Wanna Be The Guy and Kaizo Mario over Super Mario 64, Star Fox, or whatever. Look for rare or hard games and do lets plays of them and -intentionally- get sidetracked in your speech, so long as it's funny. Continuously talking about the game makes the commentary boring, so talk about it when something happens, and explain yourself and your action. Then go back to the funny off-topic commentary.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:53 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Here, watch this, soras. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2c6xtmF ... re=related

Listen to how much of a crap this guy sounds like he gives. Not at all. But why do we laugh at it?

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

....and he shouldn't. Like I said, MAYBE in the video game topic. Lets Plays aren't something that should be advertised, or it seems like you're trying too hard.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:44 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

sorasgoof wrote:I'm sorry I asked for feedback. Mods, if you see this, please delete this thread. I knew I didn't like mafiascum that much anyway. People here aren't, in all honesty, that helpful. Thanks to those who actually gave constructive criticism and
were
actually trying to help.
Don't take what I said badly, as it was all 100% constructive criticism. Those are just my personal thoughts, but I really urge you to keep going with it. Let me know of your progress by PM or in the video game thread. Also, Hoopla is wise in the way that you should play a Mario 3 hack or something original to keep us interested over Super Mario 64, cause I've played it way too many times to care to see it played through again.

But really, keep your spirits high.

Also, yeah, what Prana said; keep it in the sig. You will get people to watch, promise.

You want this one.

Return to “General Discussion”