Delete this

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:33 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Soars, if you start playing Super Mario Bros. 3, or a hacked version of that game, I will watch and give you feedback.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:24 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote:I'd avoid going for hacks, unless there is something really, really special about it. 99.99% of hacks are utter gash. I'd just say stick with decent games that are lesser known (or games that might not be decent by themselves, but would be entertaining to watch someone else playing).
There's a handful of really good SMB3 hacks, some with altered mechanics or gameplay - but the ones I enjoyed most were purely level edits, pitting the player against the same loved game, but with fresh new areas to stimulate the senses. Most hacks have a slight difficulty increase too, which caters for skilled fans, given the original is generally quite easy. There's an even bigger pool of good Super Mario World hacks, if you're more interested in that engine (I'm not).

I think if you find a good hack to play, it can be quite interesting for the viewer, because they too love the original game you're playing but are probably sick of seeing it played through, especially if you're not super charismatic or insightful. Hacks enable the viewer to get a flavour of the original game they love, whilst also getting to see something new.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:01 am

Post by Hoopla »

It's not that hard to find good hacks...

Return to “General Discussion”