Bomb Mafia -- Game Over

Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Hoopla »

So, everyone has a role flavour title and occupation?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:15 am

Post by Hoopla »

Everyone force the bomb on Fate D1. Everyone force the bomb on Katsuki D2. I like your thinking.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Hoopla »

I agree with Hito - bomb passing could be another valuable cog in terms of analysis. Maybe not on par with vote analysis, but I wouldn't mind seeing the bomb do a couple of laps to chew up peoples' passes. I expect players running low on passes might feel pressure akin to being close to L-1.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Hoopla »

StrangerCoug wrote:As for the bomb cycling, may I suggest that we go in player list order, at least on Day 1?
What? No, you should pass the bomb to someone you suspect. Otherwise what is the point?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #18 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

Should we take turns voting for each other too?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Hoopla »

A quick sequence of bomb hot-potato is a fine substitute for the RVS - I think this will produce genuine suspects a lot quicker than normal. Btw, StrangerCoug is getting the bomb from me if it comes my way.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Hoopla »

Jack wrote:I have played with a similar deadline mechanic, and considered setups involving them at one point. I have an educated guess as to when the first bomb will go off, so you should give it to me and let me take a shot at vigging with it. It's worth a shot.
It's not worth a shot. I think it's a ridiculously dumb idea as town, because you're going to have to guess the bomb explosion to (likely) within 6 hours - maybe less if you pick someone active who is just going to shovel it elsewhere. I have serious doubts to can predict to such a fine degree, and based off irrelevent mod meta, the first explosion.

I think we'll probably have one on Day 1 to generate discussion and make the game exciting - if you're town, letting it sit on you for a long time is anti-town. Trying to get people to give you the bomb is even worse, because it chews up an extra pass and increases your risk of being trapped with it.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #26 (isolation #7) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

No, I guess I'm not - but even if you're softclaiming some sort of bomb information/manipulation role, we have no way of knowing if it is town/scum/3rd party aligned. Hanging on to the bomb is depriving us the chance to generate tells from that mechanic.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #29 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:13 am

Post by Hoopla »

Don't be ridiculous Jack, how else did you want it to be taken? Your awesome wicked cool guessing skillz don't qualify as higher information. I know you're not that egotistical.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #46 (isolation #9) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:24 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Guys, I'm going on a roadtrip - I'll be back in about 36 hours.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #72 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Bomb passes should be looked at like L-3, L-2, L-1 and hammer votes. If you're going to pass the bomb to someone who only has one pass left, you should have a pretty good reason - if you're going to pass it to someone who has no passes, then you need to have a very very good reason to do so. I like how this game is going to punish anyone lurking or inactive for long (or even small) periods of time.

The only way we're going to bomb scum is through townies repeatedly passing back to one player, locking the bomb in on them - we'd have to be very lucky for scum to catch it, just holding onto the bomb. I don't think scum know the bomb times, they might have a 1-shot bomb manipulation role or something to screw with the mechanics, but scum knowing or even being hinted the times by the mod seems a little broken, or at best very biased against the town.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #79 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:27 am

Post by Hoopla »

AntB wrote:Why the hell do you want the bomb so badly?
Ego.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #103 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:55 pm

Post by Hoopla »

VOTE: danakillsu
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #104 (isolation #13) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by Hoopla »

StrangerCoug wrote:VOTE: Jack

You dismiss the accusation of softclaiming bomb-related role info as ridiculous, then you actually claim bomb-related role info. I don't buy this.
Yeah, this isn't the sort of thing Jack just gets to ignore.

Jack?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #112 (isolation #14) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Hoopla »

Look at dana flail. Jack needs to bomb dana.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #114 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:21 am

Post by Hoopla »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:Are you bad at being scum, Hoopls?
Hit and miss, really.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #147 (isolation #16) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:09 pm

Post by Hoopla »

What the hell is a Sociopathic Goon?

Pass Bomb: danakillsu
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #155 (isolation #17) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:24 am

Post by Hoopla »

Fate wrote:Apparently we get infinite bombs.

Why would we ever need to lynch?
do scum have daytalk?
This actually isn't a bad idea... if the bombs are time-based. I assume they are, but they might be organised to be like 1 on D1, 2 on D2, 1 on D3 etc. and the times are randomised for those specific days? If it isn't though, it makes sense to just chew up all the time we have for the Day phase and use the bomb for the lynch. It'd kind of be like a Lights Out mechanic, but I get the suspicion that Red would have planned for this potential strategy.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #158 (isolation #18) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:23 am

Post by Hoopla »

StrangerCoug wrote:Six pages isn't much to look at to get reactions, but "sociopathic" being the Mafia name makes the most sense to me as "sociopathic goon" is not in the Wiki. This suggests a multiball to me.
I disagree - RedCoyote doesný have a meta for multiple scumteams, and in this sort of game, it would only serve to detract from the mechanic at hand. It's highly likely we're playing in a 3:11 or 4:10 set-up, as having split scumteams means 2:2:10 or 3:3:8, which are wildly unbalanced ratios

I don't exactly know what Jack's motivations were, but it's possible he was trying to buy town points by holding on to the bomb for a while, passing it off as a misguided, ego-fueled townie gambit. It's also possible he would gain powers by holding the bomb for a certain amount of time - he hinted at this possibility earlier in the game, and I don't think he'd have needed to lie about it as scum. "Sociopathic" kind of has those connotations - it's definitely a role modifier of some kind. I'm sticking with the guess that he gained powers if he held the bomb for a certain amount of time, and he deemed early D1 the safest time to do so.

You really only need to reread the start of Day 1 with Jack requesting the bomb several times - he almost gets a little desperate;
Jack wrote:I have a bomb activated PR. Depending on how long I hold it, I get different abilities. Longer is better.

My
perfectly legitimate
guesses about when the first deadline will be are relevant here. I wanted to get it ASAP on day 1 because it would be bad from a design standpoint to have it go off before the game is up to speed.
There's no way he'd want the bomb that badly if that statement wasn't true. I'm pretty confident about this. And if this theory is correct, it gives us some pretty decent town reads;

CES is probably town. If my previous assumptions are correct, then it would be assumed that CES-scum would be on the same page as Jack, yet he didn't give the bomb to Jack first up, when he was quite obviously gagging for it. It means CES either disagreed with Jack's plan or isn't aligned with Jack. Jack is bullish, but he isn't one to cause rifts within a scumteam and if CES disagreed with his plan, Jack would likely step down or Jack would convince CES. But if CES was convinced it was a good idea, then I doubt he would have given the bomb to someone else (especially someone who hadn't been around so much), when the whole point of the plan would be to get the bomb ASAP.

~~

I think hitogoroshi is probably town too. His early opposition of Jack's publically declared plan seems earnest and he has put a lot of effort into bomb theory and the game in general so far. If hito was scum, such effort would probably enable hito to be calling a lot of the shots within the scumteam, and I don't really see him endorsing this gambit by Jack, unless there were some really dope powers to be gained.

More recently;
hitogoroshi wrote:Hmm. Well firstly, scum obviously don't know the bomb times. :p

Here's my interpretation of the Jack thing. Jack was telling the truth that he thought he could game the mod. We rode his ass on it and he fakeclaimed a power-role. It was a good fakeclaim (he has no bomb information but it suggests that it's educating his guess - if he gets power for every three days he holds the bomb, it stands to reason that the bomb won't explode for at least three days) but he was really just going off of his speculation, and his speculation was wrong?

Sociopathic is probably a modifier to "goon" that meant that he can't talk with this scumfriends. Seeing as Jack apparently had no PR and was actually a worse-than-normal goon, the smart money is on the scumteam being 3 (or maybe 2 and 2?).
This post is very lucid and doesn't sound like it comes from a scumbag who would
know
what a Sociopathic Goon is. It's quite a creative answer, and though I don't believe this is what it is, I think it'd be difficult to think up such a creative answer when your mind is tainted by what the role actually is.

I really am not seeing a Hito/Jack scumpair, if only because their two approaches to the bomb have been so vastly different. I'm not expecting the scumteam to be perfectly cohesive, but Hito's bomb ideas have a lot of thought behind them, that them all being a front and him secretly wanting Jack to get and hold onto the bomb seems silly.

~~

StrangerCoug is likely to be town, though this tell is dependent on this not being a 4:10 set-up (I think 3:11 is still likelier, but 4:10 is workable). If it was 4:10, I could buy into SC's Jack-attack being bussing because it was pretty confident, to the point where it looks assured and that he knows Jack's role. Sometimes when bussing, it is difficult to disguise confirmed knowledge of a buddy's alignment. I think it is far likelier that SC just got lucky as town, because bussing from the outset so heavily seems kind of suboptimal if this is anything but a 4:10 set-up.

~ I'm pretty confident with these three reads.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #170 (isolation #19) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:39 pm

Post by Hoopla »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: themanhimself
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #172 (isolation #20) » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Post by Hoopla »

hitogoroshi wrote:But hey, that's a hammer with Jack's death lowering threshold! Excellent.

If Dana flips a scum role that would want to be exploded on, Spy is scum for 138.
Is it seriously?

Thanks, themanhimself.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”