Newbie 1052 - Endgame

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Angry Scientist »

Mute wrote:
Vote: Angry Scientist

Your name just reeks of scuminess. WHY SO ANGRY SCIENTIST? YOU GONNA TAKE YOUR ANGER OUT ON US POOR TOWNSFOLK?
Nah, I'm cool until you'll call me 'Mad' instead of 'Angry' :P

VOTE: theplague42

This guy is the plague. The mafia plagues this town. Which means, he's the mafia. QED.
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:22 pm

theplague42 wrote:
FoS: Mute
because he didn't RVS in his first post and placed the second vote on me afterward. I would vote for you but I don't want to be yelled at for OMGUS. Happpened to me in my first game.
I have three problems with this part:

1) He DID RVS in his first post (vote at me, post #5), so either I misread something, or you're wrong.

2) If you have a valid reason (well... Valid enough for this early stage of the game) to suspect someone, then you should totally vote at that person. After all, why would you NOT want to lynch mafia?

3) Okay, you already answered to my second point, but... Fear of OMGUS? Really... It's the random voting stage, I personally doubt any OMGUS at this point means anything. Also, I don't like it, that you are afraid of being pointed out (for OMGUS in this case). That's just scummy.
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:12 am

theplague42 (or TP42 if you don't mind):
I feel like you said nothing new at all while talking more. I think you would be a good politician. :P

Anyway...
TP42 wrote:2+3. I've read some games where people have been attacked harshly for "being defensive" in the RVS.
So? Do you think the people attacking for it are wrong in their assumption? RVS is pretty much the joke stage to start the discussion, so acting defensively while everyone else is still joking means 'I don't want to be in spotlight' to me, and that's the mafia's way of thinking.
TP42 wrote:And my FoS was pointing out something suspicious, not a die-hard scumtell.
It's still something suspicious for you. Do you feel your vote is better placed on someone who didn't post at the time of you voting (so just a random vote), rather than on someone who you think started acting suspicious?
I am not going to cause myself to get attacked this early without a solid reason for voting.
You won't get a solid reason in or right after RVS. Unless someone start's drilling, we can pat our backs to the end of the days without anything conclusive.

By the way, now when I think of this, what's exactly suspicious in Mute's post? Now we know you were wrong on the first part, and the second part? Why exactly putting the second vote on someone is suspicious? Bandwagon's are one of the best ways to get us out of RVS (at least as far as I can see after reading a few games), and they are usually not giving any clue about someone's alignment.
Ty wrote:1) What’s your favorite role and why?
2) Why is Stels the scum?
3) Do you think you’re going to be lynched today? Why or why not?
1) A Cop. I'm a diehard fan of detective and mystery stories, so I love learning the truth piece by piece, and the Cop has a special ability to do so.

2) He is?

3) No, because I don't see any reason why would anyone lynch me.

Also, I have to second nacho's question here about the purpose of these question.

Mute:
About your table... Sure, it's nice to keep the track of everyone, but what's the reason of revealing that table to us? If you'll be posting the entire table regularly, you're pretty much giving your neutral and town reads all the time, and that helps scum pick their targets at night.
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:45 am

Mute:
...Fair enough I guess, although all this 'I'll be watching you... CONSTANTLY' vibe coming from your post seems like a needless things to do. After all, won't we all do this?
Workdawg wrote:I just didn't want to draw attention without at least a silly reason to do so, and the others had already gone after people for their names.
So you don't want to RV without a silly reason, then you mention people voting for silly reasons? Huh... I don't quite get this part. Care to elaborate?
Stels wrote:P.S. At question #2 for Nacho&co: Why am I scum now? I think that someone's just
jealous
here, you goon.
What?
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:45 pm

Workdawg, post #29

Just because people like jumping off bridges for silly reasons, doesn't mean I want to jump of a bridge for that reason...

I RVS'd when I had a different silly reason to do so.
Fair enough, I can see some bits of crazy logic here.

TP42, post #31

Makes sense. Looks like I was wrong.
Chalk it up as newbie reasoning.
Okay, a retract... Normally, I would think it's a null-tell, but that bolded part doesn't sit well with me. It is up to me, whether to decide if it's a newbie mistake, or an attempt to cover up a scum screw-up.

Ty, post #35

This entire post is full of theories that aren't really relevant to the scumhunting, unless that first paragraph was an attack on nacho, and/or it has some hidden, deeper meaning. Lot's of words, almost zero content. Another candidate for a politician. Me not like... Also,
Hey Angry Scientist, could you explain why you don’t think there will be any scumhunting today? If you don’t believe there is going to be why shouldn’t you start?
I never said anything like that, and I don't even know how can you get your conclusion out of what I said. I said that unless you're a clairvoyant or Sherlock Holmes, you won't really get a solid reasoning out of RVS, so we need to 'drill'. By 'drilling', I meant using small reasons to accuse someone most suspicious, and then cement the case/scrap it and go for someone more suspicious as the post are piling up. I didn't say anything about no scumhunting today. About your second question, Why thank you, that's what am I doing since the very beginning - questions, catches. It already helped me by providing some reads (for example, my vote on TP42 is no longer an RVS vote since my last questioning).
And yes, Stels is scum. Based on the game so far, provide me with a reason that would support that statement.
Okay...

At the time of your question, I got nothing, since he just RVS'd and made a note about the vote code. Now? That part I mentioned from his last post seems like a Freudian slip to me, and that's why he's a scum.

TP42, post #37

That's yet another time you're mentioning your previous game to use it as a point. One game is not enough for a proper meta read. Not exactly a scum tell, but I'm not going to buy any 'because in my last game...' explanation. Using metagame is fine, but if you have more examples to back it up.

Neuky, post #38

OK, for the record I think Mute's table idea is a bit hair brained, but hey, if it keeps him happy, why not just let him do it?
Amen. People are making much more fuss about it than it's necessary. At least it provides some additional reads.

Mute, post #40

@Nacho/Stels/Angry: What is your input, if anything at all, to what's happened so far?
It's pretty much stated in my posts so far. TP42 seems scummy to me for things he said, and that weird statement added to his retract. Also, 'In my last game' used as an ultimate point pings on my gutdar, so my vote stays on him. Ty talked a lot (in post length, not the numbers) but didn't add anything useful at all so far, so he lands as a suspect #2. Stels takes the third spot for his Freudian slip.

nacho, post #43

@Mute: Might I request that you post your table either all at once or none at all? Being able to request specific reads on people might help townies see what your opinion on others is, yes, but scum will most likely use it to gauge the statuses of their scumbuddies. For the town, there's rarely such a thing as too much information.
I disagree. What does a townie gets from someone else town and neutral reads? Almost nothing (the only thing I can come up with is 'why does he feel that X is town, when I don't think otherwise'). What does the mafia gain from that? Some serious help with picking the target for the night kills. Cons outweigh the pros as far as I can see here.
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:28 pm

Hammer? What hammer? I see 4 votes on Ty (TP42 unvoted him after the first votecount).

4:30 AM for me here, so any analysis of what just happened has to wait until tomorrow.
Angry Scientist
Angry Scientist
Townie
Angry Scientist
Townie
Townie

Post Post #83 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:11 pm

Whoa boy... Terribly sorry for that, but
Mod: Please replace me.
I calculated, I'll have enough time for my job, activities, and this game, but I just got buried under a MASSIVE stockpile of work to, and I'll doubt I'll be done with it until mid-February.

Sorry once again, and good luck! I had a lot of fun playing with you.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”