Mini 1099: The Prisoner Mafia. Game Over.

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #387 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Hi. Reading and junk.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #388 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay wow. That was the first time I have ever replaced into a game and managed to get caught up in one sitting. Those 16 pages were easy to read and although it felt like mostly spam I have managed to get some good reads out of it, so it must have been helpful. Here's where I'm at, from town down to scum.

Camn
SpyreX
Jack
Nachomamma8
populartajo
chesskid3
Plum
The Rufflig

Camn and Spy are pretty equal. Camn feels like the Camn of ladies night, complete with vote on a “quick wagon”. Her responses and poking look genuine to me, I like it. Spy's reaction to Jack and his prolonged back and forth with Fate in the early goings also feels town. Here, here and here are what I am talking about in particular. Gut rings solid town.

Jack is Jack. I haven't seen anything out of the ordinary from him nor have I seen anything scummy. I like him as town right now, but he is one to keep an eye on. Leaning heavily town right now.

Nacho and tajo are my “lurky” null reads. In quotations simply because of the speed of day one, plus both of these players tend to lurk in my experience so it's null. Nacho seems to be picking it up at least, but I'm not feeling his Spy vote. Defo want to see more from him and tajo.

Chesskid's case on Camn is awful. I'd like to see what exactly she is supposed to be deflecting from. It just feels like tunneling to tunnel, no actual scum hunting here. From what I have seen around the site this seems to be his meta, short spam like posts. I went back and forth on him but I like him as a possible 3rd scum right now. In an ideal world I'd like to see him either build on the so called Camn case, or move on elaborating on other reads.

Plum and The Rufflig are my strongest scum reads. Plum is on the outside looking in, her posts don't feel very natural at all. Then there is this that makes me think she was at least reading along and choosing not to comment heavily on the EC wagon apart from finding the time to tact her vote on there. Yuck.

Then there is The Rufflig. The initial vote on EC was a little sheepy. The
“he might be right about Fate”
bit sticks in my ribs. He is voting EC and yet willing to give him credit at the same time. Just doesn't add up, conflicting ideas. Later he switches to Fate and pushes hard even though I get the impression of the two having some history, which to me at least implies he would know Fate and his likely hood to gambit. Pointless, fluff posts also set my gut on edge and that's before I even get to his reasoning for voting Chess today.

VOTE: The Rufflig
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #390 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:29 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I'm not very good with set up speculation myself. I knew little about the theme when I signed up, just sniping the spot on player list alone. That said, garroted strikes me more as a SK than a vig simply because of the flavor. I don't know if that fits in with the theme, I'll have to look up.

At a guess I would say we have a little room to policy lynch but I would much rather we lynched one of the scummier people in Plum or The Rufflig. I'm not hot on policy lynches.

What's good about The Rufflig?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #394 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:41 am

Post by Sotty7 »

SpyreX Post 391 wrote:So, while you replaced a bad, bad spot and Ruf over Plum still makes me paranoid hows about you swap that sweet ass vote over
Give me a minute. I gave some serious thought to placing my vote on either Plum or Chesskid seeing as they already have some pressure. But I went with my top suspect for a reason. I'd rather not abandon that right away.
Nachomamma8 wrote:Sotty, what's your interpretation of this post?
The set up speculation looks strong in that he knows of the theme. If that is the case I'm sure not how he seems to be the only one who doesn't agree that disappeared fits the theme for a scum kill. I guess we could all be wrong, but when I read the flavor and saw disappeared v garroted I thought it was clear.

The Rufflig, is the speculation on the flavor the only reason for voting Chess? What do you think about his case on Camn and the exchange they are having? Reads on Plum, tajo and Spy?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #410 (isolation #4) » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The Rufflig Post 400 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote:Then there is The Rufflig. The initial vote on EC was a little sheepy. The “he might be right about Fate” bit sticks in my ribs. He is voting EC and yet willing to give him credit at the same time. Just doesn't add up, conflicting ideas. Later he switches to Fate and pushes hard even though I get the impression of the two having some history, which to me at least implies he would know Fate and his likely hood to gambit. Pointless, fluff posts also set my gut on edge and that's before I even get to his reasoning for voting Chess today.
Sorry, you thought I was sheeping. I don't see a problem with voting EC and believing that Fate is scummy at the same time. The conflict is me thinking that scum could be calling out another scum for distancing purposes? That is not a conflicting idea. My vote was on EC for a max of 30 minutes before I switched my vote to Fate. While Fate knows me, I've only played with Fate's alt (probably only once). I have had to guess who Fate's alt is - a guess that Fate neither confirmed nor denied. So, no, I don't have good knowledge of what Fate's play style is like. Neither post you linked to was pointless or fluff. The "pointless" post was me calling out those who appeared to be lurking. The "fluff" post was me quietly advancing a theory that EC could be townie based on what was going on in the game and my past experiences - not "fluff" although it was completely ignored by our more experienced and supposedly wiser players.
My impression of your EC unvote was that the wagon was moving fast enough that it wouldn't have needed your support. I saw no real transition from your EC vote over to Fate.

Throwing up a post count with no other analysis is fluff posting. Even more so in a game that seemed to be speeding along like this one was. The second post was you talking gibberish about newbie games. I don't need to tell you that this isn't a newbie game, if you thought EC was town you should have come out directly with that. Also why would you “quietly advance” this theory. At this point your town read was being run up quick. Quiet wasn't going to cut it, it looks like you were trying to position yourself in a good light today by being some what cryptic yesterday.

I'll concede the point about knowing Fate's history though. From reading it looked like the pair of you had played together.
The Rufflig Post 403 wrote:
Sotty7 wrote: That said, garroted strikes me more as a SK than a vig simply because of the flavor.
Bingo! So why couldn't chesskid3 say that instead of floundering around and fishing for a vigilante claim? Even Jack ignored me. Garotting doesn't fit in with The Prisoner theme, so it was probably a sk kill. On a related note, the only guns I recall in the series were in the finale "Fall Out". The guns in "Living in Harmony" were fake of course. There was a bomb in "Its Your Funeral" as I recall. There was possibly poison in "Once Upon a Time". That's pretty much the lethal weapon list - unless you count rover in "Schizoid Man" - though he arguably wasn't programmed to kill.
I don't get it.

The reason you are voting Chess is the following:
The Rufflig Post 320 wrote:I see disappeared and garroted as the methods of killing and no way to tell which one is the scum kill and which one was the vigilante kill. However, you attributed the Zang kill to the vigilante and ruled out the possibility that it was a scum kill. How?
chesskid3 Post 321 wrote:How about I turn it around and ask you why you think there are 2 (non-sk) scum factions?
The Rufflig Post 322 wrote:I'm running off your assumption that there is a vigilante running about. I make no such claims as to the identity of the second party.
Since I can't have your answer, you can have my vote.
VOTE: chesskid3
You seemingly agree with Chess about the Vig in post 320. Your reason for voting him is how he attributed the kills. You make zero mention of a possible SK so to jump on my reasoning after the fact makes little sense.
The Rufflig Post 403 wrote:I picked a fight with chesskid3 and then Jack in hopes that I could get them to actually say something. chesskid3's response makes me think I've found scum. Jack's continued anti-town play makes me think he's likely scum as well.
“Picked a fight”? I'm going to need you to elborate some on that. Also what about Chesskid's responses to you make you think scum and why?

What do you think of people vouching for this is how Jack plays?

= = = = = = =
Nachomamma8 Post 406 wrote:
Sotty wrote:The set up speculation looks strong in that he knows of the theme. If that is the case I'm sure not how he seems to be the only one who doesn't agree that disappeared fits the theme for a scum kill. I guess we could all be wrong, but when I read the flavor and saw disappeared v garroted I thought it was clear.
Let me reword that. Why do you feel the speculation Rufflig made in that post is likelier to come from scum?
I never said it did. I'm guessing you think this post is a town tell, you are going to have to break down why for me.
Nachomamma8 Post 406 wrote:
tajo wrote:?, what kind of scumhunting questions are this?
The first quote is referring to ISO #2, where Plum clears Jack with the assumption that EC = scum. She dropped this line completely in her D2 opening post, and I wondered why.

I found that post of Rufflig to be pretty town, so I was wondering why Sotty thought it wasn't.
?

I find Ruff scummy but that doesn't mean I find
all of his posts scummy.
Explain.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #420 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:33 am

Post by Sotty7 »

The Rufflig Post 413 wrote:Ok, Sotty7, in your latest post you have now done to me what I have done to others. You have deliberately taken me out of context and picked a fight with me. As such, I see no need to respond to it.
Err no. I assume you are talking about the reason your are voting for Chess here. I standby my post and you have altered your position to make yourself look better. You make no mention to the possible SK. Unless you are claiming it was a trap, then there is no misrep here (and it still wouldn't be unless you are claiming I can read minds). Even though I am finding Chess somewhat scummy, your reasoning for voting him is extremely weak.

You need to explain yourself as I won't be fobbed off so easily. "misrep" is one of the most over used phrases in mafia, unless you can show your working I'm thinking I have hit a nerve.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #434 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:53 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

I have clearly read the thread Ruff and you probably should know I don't get bullied easily. With that in mind you can drop the condescending attitude anytime. I'm more than willing to admit I'm wrong when it happens but pouting and flapping your arms aren't gonna get the job done.
The Rufflig Post 424 wrote:You even quoted me and _still_ apparently do not understand what I said -- the only other alternative was that you were deliberately misrepresenting me. Is it not glaringly obvious that I was challenging chesskid3's beliefs and trying to goad him into making some sort of statement to support his beliefs?
Are you saying you never believed in a possible vig kill and were just using chess' own words to hang him with? If this is the case I'm not sure why you couldn't have just come out and
said
that in the first place, but whatever.

Just so I can get this straight, what's the main reason for your chess vote as of right now?

With that in mind, I'm reconsidering my Ruff position. Time to switch gears a little.

Unvote, Vote: Plum

I like Nacho a little more than Plum. I'm getting nothing proactive from her at all, just lots of reaction. Nacho at least looks like he is trying.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #435 (isolation #7) » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:56 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Ugh Spy. I missed your unvote, my Iso's must have washed the preview feature. Come back to Plum. I'm not seeing how Nacho is scummier than her.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #463 (isolation #8) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Sotty7 »

I agree Nacho's meltdown makes him look pretty town.

My bloodlust for The Rufflig will not die.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #485 (isolation #9) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:08 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Where did nacho claim Survivor?
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #486 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Oh I see now post 442.

If that's a serious claim he should clearly be the "vig" shot.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #487 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

*If Plum flips scum.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #498 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:20 am

Post by Sotty7 »

For some reason I thought Ruf was indirectly claiming survivor in post 453 with his whole
"You'll never know how painful this is, but at this point I'd rather see anyone on those two wagons lynched over Nacho."
Even more so with Spy's reaction. I just totally spaced over your claim. Once my mistake was pointed out I went back and checked it out.

Your whole active lurking until she saw her name is BS by the by, seeing as my actual mistake was made in a post that was made without my name even being closed to mentioned.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #713 (isolation #13) » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:23 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Well played Ruff.

I thought it was a pretty good set up Troll, I enjoyed my short playing time in the game. Wish I could have done better as a replacement Oj but I suffered from holiday laxness.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”