vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Post by vatesi »

/confirm

hummingbird ︿︿

Correct.
Last edited by Olinea on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:21 pm

Post by vatesi »

[ b ] text [ / b ] for bold text.

and, VOTE: kagetora

Your reaction to being jokingly accused was far too paranoid, sorry.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Post by vatesi »

unvote: kagetora

for now
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Post by vatesi »

Chocolate Cake wrote: vatesi's vote is scummy because he doesn't mention the vig kill at all (and actually never does, even when andrew calls him on it).
I didn't see his vig claim post, that was my fault. I withdrew my vote after andrew pointed it to my attention.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (isolation #4) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:11 pm

Post by vatesi »

@wasamasas, wizrak

we're kind of past the RVS stage now. And pacman don't mind parknourie, his posts are all kind of weird.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (isolation #5) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:26 pm

Post by vatesi »

The problem is, ANY scum who is accused can claim vigilante since we have no way of validating vigilantes in the near future. SK's and mafia goons have exactly the same powers that vigilantes have. We cannot not lynch someone based solely on their vigilante claim.

However, after reading http://mafiascum.net/forum/search.php?a ... 3&sr=posts I believe he is genuinely a vigilante. I would expect a newbie to give up more easily if he were a mafia caught in such a situation, but he has tried to defend himself to the very end.

But... now I'm not sure whose the next scummiest candidate ~(o_o)~
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:39 pm

Post by vatesi »

evilpacman18 wrote:Blatant lie #1
vatesi wrote:The problem is, ANY scum who is accused can claim vigilante since we have no way of validating vigilantes in the near future.
Blatant lie #2 (Also a misrep of the intentions of this wagon)
vatesi wrote:SK's and mafia goons have exactly the same powers that vigilantes have. We cannot not lynch someone based solely on their vigilante claim.

Blatant lie #3
vatesi wrote:but he has tried to defend himself to the very end.
Active lurker kay, I'll accept that.

1. How can we validate a vigilante claim? I still don't see how.
2. Sorry they don't have 'exactly' the same powers, I forgot SK was bulletproof. I was trying to explain why we couldn't validate a vigilante, whatever.
3. I saw him as defending himself, if not in a resigned manner.

I'll admit this is my first mafia game online. I was lurking for a bit because of how you shot down my previous post. Kgo, show me how I'm scummy this time.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by vatesi »

evilpacman18 wrote: I can definitely show you how you're scummy this time. First of all, when I was writing the part where I called you an active lurker, first thing I thought was "he's gonna reply now since lurking is scummy." You probably would have looked more town just continuing lurking cuz now it seems that you're trying to please me. Also you're not reading since somewhere in mine and Kage's argument we agreed that #2 isn't really a blatant lie and I already explained #1, just read my post before this. Also, "resigned?" :roll: How could you possibly dispute that he didn't give up?
Of course I'm going to answer you to please you. You're a strong voice, and can convince people to do things. Do you really care if I lied or not at this point in time? I really don't want to argue about something if no one cares.

About the vigilante plan: I can see it being strong the first night, but unnecessarily risky. If we lose 2+ doctors (very easy since the docs are uncoordinated, and with 4 killers running around) then the town will start dropping very fast from night 2 onwards.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #8) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Post by vatesi »

actually fuck what i just wrote about vigs. we're gonna lose a bunch of doctors anyway regardless of whether the vigilantes claim. im sleeping now, ill check this later
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #291 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:34 pm

Post by vatesi »

I'm still around, just unsure of what to do.
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #294 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:07 pm

Post by vatesi »

The plan for two vigs to claim and two doctors to protect them could work. The flaw in the plan was that mafia and SK would stack kills - something that is unlikely to happen if you think about it. Having vigs in the game benefits the SK, because of the high chance of mis shooting and the SK is bulletproof anyway. Doctors however, exist to directly nullify the SK's goal. So the SK would benefit most from targeting a doctor. Because of this, the mafia would be apprehensive to target the vigilantes to try stack a double kill. Which makes it even less likely for the SK to target a vig, etc.

Then at night, we allow the vigs to determine who to shoot, to mess with the mafia doctor.

Pretty risky, but I think it's the most reliable way for us to keep the vigs alive for as long as possible, though we may lose more doctors than if we played blindly.

Thoughts?
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #296 (isolation #11) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by vatesi »

vat is always here and talks when talked to, but has nothing to contribute so otherwise stays quiet
vatesi
vatesi
Townie
vatesi
Townie
Townie

Post Post #339 (isolation #12) » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:06 pm

Post by vatesi »

Klazam wrote:Vat- answer these questions:
1) who are your top three most scummy players in this game, and why?
2) if you had to vote for one, which would it be and why?
1). aah400 is the only person that feels actually scummy to me :shifty: . post http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p2812287 , his fluff reasoning really makes it seem like an opportunistic bandwagon.

2). ^

pacman, is it because of the 'lying' that you're suspecting me? If so, I can go clarify what I mean if that's what the issue is.

Return to “Completed Open Games”