BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:53 pm

Post by BlakAdder »

Okay, seeing as it's starting to slow down, I'm setting a deadline. You have until midnight American Central Time, Friday the 25th to come to a decision.
Game Record (W-L-T)
Town: 1-2-1
Mafia: 1-2-0
Third-party: 1-0-0
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Da_Mafia_Godfather
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:06 am

Post by Da_Mafia_Godfather »

Prod on ald?
or are we just going to wait till Ald can't put it off any longer.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:55 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Vote: andrew94

I'm just trusting that the amount of effort into PoEing scum into a corner put out by Hoopla is an indicator that she's town. Also fair point, andrew94 and DMG haven't done a whole lot to consider each other as suspects.

Some things do bother me as Hoopla:
-Her :( smiley at Fenchurch's death. Friendliness, or the ol' "OH NOES SOMETHING ANTI-TOWN HAPPENED, I AM TOWN AND UPSET!"
Hoopla wrote:I will vote Andrew now, since it looks like Alduskkel is going to be the deciding player at the end of this. Take your time, ask questions and try to figure the game out from a scumteam perspective. I think you will see the truth if you try to figure it out this way.
A lot of Captain Obvious here. Take your time, ask questions. Sound advice, but very easy to dish out as scum and not actually affect a whole lot while looking pro-Town.
-andrew94's back-up claim idea is still a town tell overall.

Anyway the game is stalling, I'm being Captain Obvious here by saying that, so I'll just hope that I'm write. 50% chance minimum.

Good job, whoever is scum. This game is nearly impossible to puzzle out, at least to me.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:28 am

Post by Hoopla »

I'm town, so good call.
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:22 am

Post by BlakAdder »

And that is that.
Once again, the day seemed to last much longer than it should have. Discussion and arguments ran wild at the start of the day, despite the fact that the Mod didn't seem to wake up to observe his captives until noon or so. As the clock ticked, the people quickly divided themselves into two camps, each pushing for the death of one of their own suspected guilty party. Alduskkel was stuck in the middle of the two groups. Pressured by being the deciding factor, he locked himself in his room for a few hours, leaving the others to their own devices. After some contemplation, Alduskkel finally exited his room, grabbed the nearest blunt object, and when no one else was looking, coldcocked Andrew.
After Andrew hit the floor and was decidedly no longer with us, Alduskkel informed the others. Their immediate action, of course, was to turn his room upside down. Suffice it to say that they found some things that wouldn't belong to any average person.
Andrew94, Mafia Roleblocker, lynched Day 2

It is now Night 2. You have 72 hours to get your night actions in.
Game Record (W-L-T)
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:06 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Okay, Fritzler is going to be leaving for a few weeks soon so I'm putting this thing into overdrive. Let's see if we can resolve this before Monday.
Not even bothering with flavor text for now, as I've been too busy to get this topic unlocked.
Alduskkel, Doctor, killed Night 2
Game Record (W-L-T)
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:15 am

Post by Empking »

Vote: Fritzler

What is the best way to win a gamed as scum? By acting in the weay nobody expects.
What is the way nobody expects? Bussing each other strongly.

It strikes me that by Andrew bussing CA (pretty weakly) and CA slightly reprocating that Fritzler and Andrew have basically walked this.

I'm not sure how to defend myself but I'll say this: I know that scum's best play isd to act like sworn enemies in this set up yet I didn't act like sworn enemies to the confirmed scum. Why? Because I thought he was town due to not being scum myself.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Hoopla »

You never really considered a Fritzler/Andrew scumteam, Empking. Are you surprised? Are you dazzled?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:37 am

Post by Empking »

Hoopla wrote:You never really considered a Fritzler/Andrew scumteam, Empking. Are you surprised? Are you dazzled?
I'm confused by thed question.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:46 am

Post by Hoopla »

From your perspective, the scumteam must be Fritz/Andrew - is it surprising to you that this was the answer to the game all along? What were you thinking when you first saw Andrew's lynch and flip yesterday? I'd like you to put that moment into words and relive it again with me here.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 am

Post by Empking »

Ok I was shocked. I then logged onto DMG and checked my role PM. After that I thought for a while and realized that you were confirmed town. I was then very impressed by Andrew's play asnd considered nominating him for a scummy once the game was finished. I then realized that he didn't vote you (Hoopla) despite my being suspicious of you so he's kind of a git. And that's my complete thought process. (It was over a longer period of time then my description suggests.)
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 am

Post by Hoopla »

CA should also share that scummy, given that they cross-bussed very hard on Day 1. CA's vote on Andrew was arguably more risky given that Andrew was the Roleblocker and coming under increasing pressure. Do you think these two players would ordinarilly possess the talent to pass off such an elaborate bus?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:58 am

Post by Hoopla »

Also, what was the purpose of checking your role PM?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:00 am

Post by Empking »

I have always been CA's biggest fan and Andrew is certainally a very good player.

Preview: Andrew being scum and noting you didn't make sense from my POV unless I was his buddy.
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:39 pm

Post by Fritzler »

Vote: Empking

I leave on Monday to go on a trip for my job. I will answer any questions Hoopla has, but won't have access after Monday, and would prefer not to have a replacement.

Hoopla, this game comes down to you (obviously, although I think I said it came down to Ald yesterday?), and it seems to me that Empking is trying to make excuses to try to squeak out a victory.
Surfs up dude.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:55 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I reread the entire thread entertaining the possibility of Fritzler-scum, but it just doesn't make much sense at all. Andrew and CA would have needed to cross-bus extremely heavily from the outset, both placing votes on each other at particularly risky moments. Andrew in particular pushed for CA very often late on Day 1, when his lynch was certainly on the cards, and at the beginning of Day 2. I think that was a key tell that Fritz is probably town - after I displayed openness to lynch Fritz at the start of Day 2, Andrew waltzed in, seizing that opportunity to lock in on Fritz.

The one thing that worries me, is that Andrew is a player with hidden depths - his proposal of the back-up claiming was a very clever, calculated play to reap town points, that shows he operates on a deeper level than his sloppy one and two line posts suggest. This does make the hardcore cross-bussing play an outside possibility, because he has shown he's capable of some canny and adept scumplay. But even decorated scumplayers would have difficulty pulling this off, or even deciding to do this in the first place - it seems somewhat suboptimal to try that tactic, given that if you do get your partner lynched, you could still quite easily lose with PR process-of-elimination superseding that town credit gained. Perhaps Andrew and CA aren't on this level to weigh the risk vs. reward appropriately - the most brazen scumplay often comes from players who can't calculate the risks properly.

But still, I think it would be a poor choice to support that outside chance. There are just too many hurdles to overcome to consider Fritz as the scumpartner, that I must play the percentages. In most situations the right answer is the simplest one, and though an outside possibility might come to fruition occasionally, it would be suboptimal in the long run to side with a secondary belief.

Good game everyone.

VOTE: Empking
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Post by andrew94 »

DAM!
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:06 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

So we win? Sweet. Though TBH I felt like I was almost flipping a coin when I voted. Didn't feel satisfying when andrew94 flipped scum since I was so unsure.

Anyway, great game by andrew94 for that backup claim idea for townie points. Was that intentional? Empking was good too, though maybe you two should have bussed more. IDK.

Nice playing with you all, and thanks to BlakAdder for modding.
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Post by andrew94 »

nah hoopla was my buddy
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:49 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Which is exactly why Hoopla never hammered Fritzler. :roll:
BlakAdder
BlakAdder
Goon
BlakAdder
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:56 am

Post by BlakAdder »

Yup, that's game over with a very close Mafia win!

Roles are as follows:
Hoopla: Townie
Fenchurch: Townie
DMG/Empking: Townie
Stefunny: Deputy
Alduskkel: Doctor
Andrew94: Mafia Roleblocker
Fritzler: Mafia Goon

Night Actions:
-Night 1:
Andrew roleblocks Alduskkel
Alduskkel protects Stefunny
Fritzler kills Stefunny
(I personally laughed out loud when I saw this happen. It was just too perfect)
-Night 2:
Alduskkel protects Hoopla
Fritzler kills Alduskkel
Game Record (W-L-T)
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Fritzler »

Holler.
Surfs up dude.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Empking »

Fritz; Why didn't you vote me the day before? Wouldn't that have given you the win much quicker?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Hooooooly... crap.