Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini 1130 - A Fishbowl Invasion by Ninja Monkeys! - Over

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Enigma »

Welcome to Mini 1130, A Fishbowl Invasion by Ninja Monkeys!

Moderated by:
Enigma

It was just a harmless prank you know?
A couple of seniors drunk off cheap alcohol pulling a few practical jokes. But you really didn't like walking around with your eyebrows shaved off.

You knew it would take time to devise a devilishly clever plan for revenge. And you meretriciously planned it over the following years.

It took you time to save up, but finally you did it and you had enough money to buy a holiday to Africa. It would be dangerous and unforgiving but you knew the success of your master plan relied on it. With care and diligence, you stuffed some baby monkeys into your underwear and smuggled them back home.

Over the years you raised them as your own, pumping them with steroids and brainwashing them with your propaganda.

Finally. Their time was due. And not a moment too late. You were ready. Your Ninja Monkey's were ready. You would deliver a swift and stunning blow, one which would cripple your enemies forever, and teach the world never to mess with you again. And they would never see it coming.

You instructed your monkeys to proceed to destroy their target. It was a target of utmost significance. Losing it would shatter their pride and hope.

Their pet goldfishes had to die.

Game Information

Game Status

Game over.

Deadline

N/a

Player List

1. Akira
2. Parama
3. crazypianist1116
4. DemonHybrid
5. Maemuki sordros
6. Bub Bidderskins
7. AGar ConfidAnon
8. Cecily
9. TwistedSpoon
10. [winger]
11. Riceballtail
12. Oso
13. Sundy*

* Indicates the number of prods a player has received.

Those who are Dead

Spoiler:
Akira,
Mafia Goon
- Killed Day 1.
[winger],
Town Jailkeeper
- Killed Night 1.
Cecily,
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Day 2.
Maemuki,
Town Watcher
- Killed Night 2.
Riceballtail,
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Day 3.
Parama,
Mafia Traitor
- Killed Night 3.
Oso,
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Day 4.
TwistedSpoon,
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Night 4.
crazypianist1116,
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Day 5.
Sundy,
Town Watcher
- Killed Night 5.
AGar,
Vanilla Townie
- Killed Day 6.
DemonHybrid,
Vanilla Townie
- Endgamed Day 6.

Bub Bidderskins,
Mafia Goon
- Survives.
V/LA's

N/a

Links

Day 1 Begins | Day 2 Begins | Day 3 Begins | Day 4 Begins | Day 5 Begins | Day 6 Begins | End Game | Roles/Actions

Rules

All site wide rules apply, unless explicitly specified.

1. General Etiquette

a) Mafia is a game. Enjoy yourself! Being respectful will ensure other people also enjoy the game.
b) I do not mind mild personal attacks against another player. But if the other player requests you to stop, cease that type of behavior immediately.
c) You have been given a win condition. You are expected to play towards that win condition.
d) I am human, I can make mistakes. It is my first time modding. Please inform me if I do.
e) If you would like me to notice something in game, please post it in the format
Mod: Hi!
or I may miss it.
f) Please do not post in the game if you are not a player.
g) I reserve the right to change or update any rules.

2. Communication

a) Do not discuss this game outside of this thread unless explicitly specified.
b) Do not quote your role PM or any moderator related communications. Paraphrasing is acceptable. Don't push it.
c) If you die, you are permitted one "bah" post with no game related content.
d) If you die, you will be given access to a dead quicktopic. Do not share this link with anyone.
e) Do not use any invisible/hard to read text or cryptography.
f) If you have the ability to edit you posts, don't. I will gladly edit any minor mistakes if you request it.
g) Mod posts will be in
bold purple
. Please do not use this color.
h) Flavor is provided purely for your entertainment purposes. I reserve the right to be lazy and not provide any flavor at all.
i) Scum may use their quicktopic for 48 hours once role PM's have been sent or until day 1 begins, which ever is longer.
j) All night actions must be submitted by PM as stated in your role PM, or they will not count.
k) Do not post if the thread is open if the mod has declared a lynch/opening scene is incoming.

3. Voting

a) Votes must be bolded, at the start of a line. I take no responsibility if your vote is not acknowledged if it is camouflaged in a wall of text.
b) Unvotes are nice but are not necessary.
c) Do not abuse voting to intentionally mislead other players. This includes fake hammers and such.
d) Abbreviations are acceptable as long as it is obvious who you are referring to.
e) A lynch occurs when a majority is reached. For an odd number of players, this is (n+1)/2. For an even number of players, this is (n/2)+1.
f) Posting is allowed in twilight, between the time a hammer is delivered and when I waltz in and kill the poor person.
g) Votes posted after the deadline has elapsed will not be counted.
h) If no majority is reached by the deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
i) You may vote for No Lynch. It requires a majority minus one votes to happen unless the game is in LYLO where it will require majority votes.
j) Votes by a player being replaced are defaulted to not voiting upon the replacement's arrival.

4. Deadlines and Activity

a) Day 1 will be 3 weeks. All subsequent days will have deadlines of 2 weeks.
b) Night 1 will have a maximum deadline of 72 hours and minimum deadline of 36 hours. All subsequent nights will have a minimum deadline of 24 hours, and maximum deadline of 48 hours.
c) You may request a deadline extension, it will require at least half of the majority of living players (minimum 2 players) to agree. Each extension will be no longer than 72 hours.
d) I may grant deadline extensions at my own discretion depending on the game situation, and replacements as such.
e) I reserve the right to shorten deadlines if game activity is minimal.
f) If no night actions are submitted by the time the maximum deadline expires, you will forfeit your action.
g) All night actions follow the Natural Action Resolution system unless otherwise specified.
h) Please aim to post at least every 48 hours. You will receive a prod if you do not post within a 72 hour interval. You have 24 hours to respond to the prod via in-game post (or PM if thread locked) before you are replaced.
i) You will be automatically replaced if you receive 3 prods, or 2 prods in the same game day.
j) Please announce all V/LA's in thread or via PM. I will keep track of all V/LA's in vote counts.

5. Consequences

a) Minor rule infringements will result in a private warning.
b) Major or continued rule infringements will result in a modkill or force replacement.
c) If you are modkilled you will be turned into a Neutral Survivor and auto lossed.
d) Being force replaced or modkilled for any reasons (including inactivity) will result in future blacklistings from my games.

Sample Role PM's

You know there exists at least 1 of each of the roles below.

Vanilla Townie RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130
, A Fishbowl Invasion by Ninja Monkeys.

It seems you will have to rely on your wits and guts to find these Ninja Monkeys and rid your fishbowl community of these foul primates!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

During the day, you have one vote which you can use to further your agenda.
Unfortunately for you, you have no active nor passive abilities, bad luck!

Active Abilities:
None
Passive Abilities:
None
Win Condition:
You win when all the Ninja Monkeys have been evicted from your fishbowl.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Mafia Traitor RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130

It seems you will have to rely on your cunning and deception abilities to eliminate the fishbowl community of all the goldfish!

You are a
Mafia Traitor

Active Abilities:
*removed*

Passive Abilities:
You will be provided with a link to The Temple (scum night chat) if you are successfully targeted with
Recruit
. You may use this chat from the following night onwards.
Team Abilities:
You may discuss in The Temple (if you have access) with your team mates on one player whom you wish to
Night Kill
, and have the person who will be performing the action to PM me with the target.
Win Condition:
You win when all the Ninja Monkeys have a majority of alive players or if nothing can prevent the same. The traitor counts towards the majority, regardless if he is recruited or not.

Ninja Training

*removed*

Note: You may only perform one ability (active and team), unless you are the only member of the Mafia team remaining with access to The Temple.
Note: You will not be able to perform night kills if you have not been successfully targeted with
Recruit
if you are the only member of the Mafia team remaining.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!
Last edited by Enigma on Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:24 am, edited 50 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:01 am

Post by Enigma »

Role PM's are being sent now!

Role PM's have all been sent!
Please confirm in game.

ConfidAnon replaced pregame with AGar.

Day 1 will start when 10/13 of the players have confirmed.
Players have 48 hours to confirm or risk replacement.
Have fun ;)
Last edited by Enigma on Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:54 am

Post by Enigma »

Well that's 10. Looks like game is a go!

Day One begins now!

The remaining three players have 24 hours left to confirm or risk replacement.

Good luck and have fun!

Votecount 1.0
Someone had tried to warn this blissful fishbowl community of an impending attack by mutant ninja monkeys. This was serious business.

Preperations had been made, ideas sought and readiness was at a maximum. Then all you goldfishes remembered you had a 3 second memory so they all resorted to repeating "Imminent attack by crazy mutant ninja monkeys, ready the defenses!" as a constant reminder to yourselves.

Unfortunately that phrase took longer than 3 seconds to repeat, so by the time you had all finished the phrase, no one had any idea about what the beginning of the phrase was. So you all went back to your usual lackluster daily routines of swimming around in circles. Something bad was about to happen, and the whole community were sitting ducks.

Not Voting (13) - Akira, DemonHybrid, sordros, Bub Bidderskins, AGar, Cecily, [winger], Oso, Riceballtail, Sundy, TwistedSpoon, Parama, crazypianist1116

With 13 Alive it takes 7 to lynch, 6 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 3:30pm 20th March GMT+10.30.
Last edited by Enigma on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:01 am

Post by Enigma »

Alrighty. I personally prefer it like this when I play, it's easier to reference IMO but doing it the
usual
way does no harm.
I'll try to have a vote count up daily.

Just a reminder, try posting every at least once every 48 hours. Prods are sent out at 72 hours.

Also, I added flavor into the first vote count. I'll probably be too lazy to do daily favor posts, so I guess you all have to wait until day/night phases to hear about more ninja monkeys.

Votecount 1.1
Oso (3) - Parama, Bud Bidderskins, [winger]

Parama (2) - Oso, Riceballtail
[winger] (2) - TwistedSpoon, AGar
AGar (1) - Sundy
Sundy (1) - crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116 (1) - DemonHybrid

Not Voting (3) - Akira, sordros, Cecily

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Post by Enigma »

Special favor, can you try put your unvotes/votes at the start of a new line. Makes it a bit easier for me. I nearly missed the unvote buried in #78.

Thanks for the good activity guys. Much appreciated! Keep it up :)

Votecount 1.2
All you goldfish were so proud of your awesome monkey hunting skills. Those poor monkeys didn't stand a chance!

So in between poking your noses around and not minding your own business, you nearly found a monkey. Then you discovered you were alergic to monkeys.
Uhh ooh... you could feel a sneeze coming, stupid monkeys ... AAHH CHOO!!!

Errpp now there was just one problem. Goldfish don't have eyelids. God damn it!!

So now you would have to translate all those awesome monkey hunting skills into some mad ass eyeball hunting skills. Pity.

crazypianist1116 (4) - DemonHybrid, [winger], Parama, Bud Bidderskins

[winger] (3) - TwistedSpoon, AGar, Oso
AGar (2) - Sundy, Akira
Sundy (1) - crazypianist1116
Cecily (1) - Riceballtail

Not Voting (2) - sordros, Cecily

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Enigma »

If you feel that you are going to struggle to commit to the game, please inform me and I'll try find a replacement (I have a few standing by already). Don't let yourselves down, or your teammates.
I won't hate you for it ... I promise!

Votecount 1.3
Life was pretty boring in this the community right now. Everyone thought it would be a good idea to challenge each other to a staring contest. It was an impressive feat to witness, both sides unrelenting! It seemed like neither would succumb.

But since goldfish don't have eyelids, it was like dividing by zero... and the implosion of the universe would soon follow...

crazypianist1116 (3) -[winger], Parama, Bud Bidderskins
[winger] (3) - Oso, Sundy, crazypianist1116
Sundy (3) - TwistedSpoon, DemonHybrid, AGar

AGar (1) - Akira

Not Voting (2) - sordros, Cecily

The deadline is 3:30pm 20th March GMT+10.30.
Last edited by Enigma on Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 1.4
You walk into a room.

On the floor there is a puddle. There is some broken glass and a dead goldfish near the puddle.
The window is open. But door was locked shut.

What happened?

crazypianist1116 (4) -[winger], Parama, Bud Bidderskins, TwistedSpoon

[winger] (3) - Sundy, crazypianist1116, Akira
Sundy (1) - DemonHybrid
TwistedSpoon (1) - AGar

Not Voting (3) - sordros, Oso, Cecily

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (isolation #7) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by Enigma »

Looking for a sorodos replacement.

And Maemuki comes to the rescue. Thankyou very much!!!
Welcome her to the game :)

Votecount 1.5
Akaria (5) - DemonHybrid, Parama, AGar, [winger], TwistedSpoon

[winger] (1) - crazypianist1116
crazypianist1116 (1) - Bud Bidderskins
TwistedSpoon (1) - Cecily

Not Voting (4) - sordros, Oso, Akira, Sundy

The
deadline
Last edited by Enigma on Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:11 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 1.6
Akira (7) - DemonHybrid, Parama, AGar, [winger], TwistedSpoon, Sundy, crazypianist1116

Not Voting (5) - Maemuki, Oso, Akira, Bud Bidderskins, Cecily

The
deadline

Lynch has been reached!

It seemed everyone had decided Akira was the donkey. Well enough of everyone .. there was still the occasional protest of innocence by some, but they were quickly restrained by threats of death.

There was a problem though. Goldfish weren't the violent type and noone knew how to kill anyone. It would require some good brainstorming.

"Let him get old till he get's dementia and forgets how to swim!"
"Force feed him fish food so he is too heavy to float"
...And similar ideas could be heard shouting over the incomprehensible squabble that ensued.

None of the above sounded particularly exciting and blood thirsty. Everyone eventually decided on a less humane approach.

One by one, each member of the fishbowl community took turns farting at Akira. The stench was unbearable. And there was the occasional poop which wasn't very appetizing either. Akira had no choice but to hold his breath, but with the relentless assault of farts directed at his direction he had no opportunity to breath and quickly asphyxiated.

Akira,
Mafia Goon
, killed Day 1.

Night ends Monday, 12:30pm GMT+10.30. Please remember to submit all night actions by PM.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:58 am

Post by Enigma »

In hoping to keep the game running at an enjoyable pace, I have updated the following rule:
4.b) Night 1 will have a maximum deadline of 72 hours and minimum deadline of 36 hours. All subsequent nights will have a minimum deadline of 24 hours, and maximum deadline of 48 hours.

If all night actions are submitted once 36 hours has elapsed, I will start Day 2.

If you would like more time for night phase consideration, please PM me.
Also note, I will confirm by PM all night ability submissions. These are considered final by the time 36 hours has elapsed, but can still be changed until all night actions have been submitted.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #10) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Enigma »

So after the
shenanigans
fun, joy, happiness, laughter and puppies of the previous day, it was decided that a well earned rest for everyone was in order.

So while all the goldfish pondered how to close their non-existent eyelids for some relaxing shut-eye, the remaining donkeys were plotting their vengeance.

They considered stabbing them to death with a banana, but in a world of poverty and starving children, such a waste of food would be sacrilege.

The proven method of asphyxiation by farting could have been used, but that posed a few issues...

The Greenhouse effect. The methane from farting posed a significant risk to increasing global warming. They were not eco-terrorists, and were avid supporters of the Kyoto Protocol. That was one minor inconvenience.

Then there was the issue of resources. It would be a challenge for a handful of asses to be able to sustain a production of fart gases enough to asphyxiate their target. So obviously now, this method of murder was now out of the question.

Ahh! They had a brain wave! And they thanked the heavens for blessing them with a higher IQ than those pathetic goldfish.

So unknown to the clueless goldfish who were still figuring out how to get some shut eye, they sneakily phoned the Climate Police Hotline to tip them off about the gross violations that had occurred during the death of Akira.

And in a hail of sirens, the Climate Police arrived in their solar powered submarines. Eager to get back to their donuts and hotdogs, they attempted to arrest the first suspect they saw, [winger]. Of course, [winger] resisted arrest, and they were left with no option but to pepper spray him. But without eyelids, and hence the inability to close them, the pain drove [winger] crazy causing him to gouge his own eyeballs out. Opps.

It was a successful night, and the monkey's mission was back on track.

[winger],
Town Jailkeeper
, killed Night 1.

Day 2 begins now!

Votecount 2.0
Not Voting (11) - Maemuki, Oso, Bub Bidderskins, Cecily, DemonHybrid, Parama, AGar, TwistedSpoon, Sundy, crazypianist1116, Riceballtail

With 11 Alive it takes 6 to lynch, 5 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 8:00am 20th March GMT+10.30.
Last edited by Enigma on Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (isolation #11) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Enigma »

Uggg...
I made a slight mod error in the dead players spoiler with the role of winger.

If anyone saw it (or thinks they did but are unsure) please PM me.

Hopefully noone did, it was only up there for like less than a minute (and hidden in the spoiler) before I noticed it.

Sorry.. :(

Votecount 2.1
Cecily (4) - crazypianist1116, Parama, DemonHybrid, Maemuki

Not Voting (7) - Oso, Bub Bidderskins, Cecily, AGar, TwistedSpoon, Sundy, Riceballtail

The
deadline
Last edited by Enigma on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 2.2
Cecily (6) - crazypianist1116, Parama, DemonHybrid, Maemuki, TwistedSpoon, Bub Bidderskins,

Not Voting (5) - Oso, Cecily, AGar, Sundy, Riceballtail

The
deadline

Lynch has been reached!

It seemed everyone had differing opinions on the best way to resolve this crisis. They thought team bonding actives would help relieve the bottled up hate.

So grudgingly, everyone decided to participate in a charades night. That didn't work too well because the actor kept on forgetting what phrase they were trying to perform while the players just abused the actor for their horrendous acting skills. It kinda made things worse.

Synchronized swimming was the next activity they decided to try. Unfortunately that too turned out to be a complete failure. Once seeing some of the townspeople in their swimming outfits which highlighted their
ugliness
sexiness which was usually well masked by everyday clothing, many ran straight to the toilet to throw up, which unfortunately was perceived as an insult. So the emotions flared once again.

Meanwhile, Cecily continued to disagree with the general consensus of team bonding, and decided to take her own approach to the issue. She had heard of the saying, ignorance is bliss, and now would be the perfect opportunity to test this.

And with that thought, she began forging her new identity, Ceily the Seal, complete with plastic surgery and all. She had prepared a test run and was adamant no one would be able to recognize her, and therefore she could forgo all the problems in the community and hopefully live in blissful, if not naive peace.

However, the society consumed with rage of the death of [winger] had decided a new approach to soothe the issue on hand. What better way to release all the locked up anger than to release it?

And then someone noticed a cute little seal bouncing around the fishbowl. It seemed the stars had aligned and the heavens had delivered this gift to all, knowing it would help ease the crisis. So they all raced home to find their clubs.

A few minutes later, it seemed they were all honorary members of the Seal Cub Clubbing Club ... well everyone except for Cecily who was nowhere to be found.

Cecily,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Day 2.

Subsequent nights after night 1 last for a minimum of 24 hours and maximum of 48 hours. Any submitted night action changes after 24 hours may not be considered. Please submit any night actions by PM before the deadline.

Night ends Tuesday, 3:00pm GMT+10.30.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Enigma »

Shaken with fear by the lawlessness off the previous night, all the goldfish were struggling to comprehend what might happen tonight. Were they next to die?

Meanwhile, the monkeys, taken aback by the ruthlessness of the killing of one of their own shuddered in the thought of the coming days. They could be next to die...

So the goldfish thought it would be wise to take some defensive action. And the idea to hire a bodyguard to protect them was put in motion. Unfortunately, the sorrow of the death of now two of their friends had caused many of them to revert back to their alcoholic ways in an attempt to relieve the burden. With all their life savings spent on cheap goon, they were penniless and it seemed they would have to improvise.

And when the master of the ninja monkeys discovered that they had let one of their own die, he was consumed with rage. He cut all their weekly pocket money, so now the monkeys were without a cent. It would be a challenge to kill with no money, actually near impossible. Maybe someone else could do their dirty work for them... So some improvisation was necessary.

And the next day on pokemonXXX.com, two brand new classifieds appeared.

"A school Magikarp is looking for a Gyrados to dominate them. Requires someone with vivid imagination and wild tendencies! xxx <3.
Please email ninjamonkeys69(at)gmail.com"

"Lonely Magikarp seeks an aggressive Gyrados for some naughty adventures. Being strong and fearsome are very admirable and attractive traits. xoxo <3.
Call 1800Fish69 any time after 3pm."

Reading the classifieds of pokemonXXX.com that morning was Team Rocket looking for their next poor Pokemon to exploit. With the global financial crisis, they too were victims of budget cuts. Their lack of funding meant their pet cat, Meowth hadn't had a feed for several days, they could barely even feed themselves...

And those two ads immediately caught their attention. Magikarp were very valuable and rare after all if they recalled correctly, which must meant they were a delicacy. And how convenient, after contacting both parties, they were at the same location. Perfect.

They immediately departed to the fishbowl community with their "Old Rods" all prepared. The fish were so plentiful here, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel, a walk in the park.

And almost immediately they had their first catch. Meowth was dying for a feed, and was exuberant! But that was weird, this Magikarp had four legs and a tail ... it actually looked more like a monkey. Meowth took one nibble ... it tasted like monkey too. Meowth no like monkeys, he want fish. So back in the fishbowl this weird Magikarp went.

Their second catch was much more successful. It wasn't exactly a Magikarp, but hey it looked like a fish. And tasted like one too.

Meowth would have a feast tonight.

Maemuki wouldn't though. How unfortunate.

Maemuki,
Town Watcher
, killed Night 2.

Day 3 begins now!

Votecount 3.0
Not Voting (9) - Oso, Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, Parama, AGar, TwistedSpoon, Sundy, crazypianist1116, Riceballtail

With 9 Alive it takes 5 to lynch, 4 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 11:30pm 21st March GMT+10.30.
Last edited by Enigma on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:47 pm

Post by Enigma »

Life was pretty boring now. These simple goldfish had evolved into bloodthirsty murderers. But there was no one who they felt like murdering right now, so they decided to entertain each other with some trivia.

"Slugs have four noses." Who cares?
"More people are killed each year by donkey attacks than die in aircraft accidents." Monkeys rhyme with donkeys. Maybe this was something to be careful of. But still uninteresting.
"The oldest goldfish in the world was 41 years. His name was Fred." Looks like this ain't happening for us mate until more goldfish start dying.

So back they went to discussing who would start dying next.

Votecount 3.1
Oso (3) - Parama, TwistedSpoon, Bub Bidderskins

DemonHybrid (1) - AGar
Sundy (1) - Riceballtail

Not Voting (4) - Oso, DemonHybrid, Sundy, crazypianist1116

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:39 am

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 3.2
Oso (3) - Parama, Bub Bidderskins, AGar

Sundy (1) - Riceballtail

Not Voting (5) - Oso, DemonHybrid, Sundy, crazypianist1116, TwistedSpoon

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:04 am

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 3.3
Bub Bidderskins (2) - Oso, crazypianist1116
Riceballtail (2) - AGar, Parama

TwistedSpoon (1) - Sundy
Sundy (1) - Riceballtail
Oso (1) - Bub Bidderskins

Not Voting (2) - TwistedSpoon, DemonHybrid

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (isolation #17) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:35 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 3.4
Riceballtail (3) - AGar, Parama, DemonHybrid

Bub Bidderskins (2) - Oso, crazypianist1116
TwistedSpoon (1) - Sundy
AGar (1) - Riceballtail

Not Voting (1) - TwistedSpoon

The
deadline

Oso
is V/LA until Tuesday 15th March.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:13 am

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 3.5
Riceballtail (4) - AGar, Parama, DemonHybrid, crazypianist1116

Bub Bidderskins (1) - Oso
TwistedSpoon (1) - Sundy
AGar (1) - Riceballtail

Not Voting (1) - TwistedSpoon

The
deadline

Oso

Sundy
is being prodded.

Heads up that I will be out till very late tomorrow, so quite possible a VC (or lynch scene) will be very late, or possibly the next morning.
Last edited by Enigma on Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 3.6
Riceballtail (5) - AGar, Parama, DemonHybrid, crazypianist1116, TwistedSpoon

Bub Bidderskins (1) - Oso
TwistedSpoon (1) - Sundy
AGar (1) - Riceballtail

Not Voting (0) - No one

The
deadline

Oso

Lynch has been reached!

Some drank to celebrate a successful lynching, others drank to drown their sorrows of good friends who were no longer with them. But they were bored, and alcohol seemed like something to kill the time.

Being drunk was a curious effect, it seemed to numb some pain, yet highlight the successes.

Only,
nearly
everyone forgot that they didn't have the ability to urinate. Riceballtail in her drunken stupor decided to try anyways, but seemed to fail to grasp the general concept of using a toilet. She attempted to try to sit on the toilet, but amazingly enough forgot to put the toilet seat down. As a result, she was stuck backside first in the toilet, but really didn't seem to want to attempt to get out, and decided to take a little nap instead.

And it seemed the perfect opportunity had arisen. The goldfish had spent all day debating on who to eliminate, and with Riceballtail in such a vulnerable position, who could resist such a temptation. And to top it off, it would be a story they could tell their grand-kids one day, if they managed to remember it.

So they flushed the toilet. Possibly after tending to their digestive systems needs first ... water was precious here after all, and it would be shameful to waste a flush.

And down went Riceballtail to discover where everything that is flushed down the toilet goes.

Riceballtail,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Day 3.

Last edited by Enigma on Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:53 am

Post by Enigma »

Parama had been bullied as a baby monkey, and now as a fully grown monkey, the same tormentors were still griefing him.

He had tried everything to make them stop, the adults laughed at him and participated in the tormenting, and every time he cried, the bullying intensified. He couldn't withstand much more. He had no choice but to exile himself from the rest of the monkey community.

But he had been brainwashed by his master, and he knew he still had a goal to accomplish, but he would just do it without the help of the others.

Exiling himself from everyone else matured him into a new ape, and his determination higher than ever. He would train and punish his body to the extremes, so no one from his old monkey community would ever dare to mock him again, and he alone would be strong enough to conquer the feat his master had set. And maybe they would build a statue of him and worship him too, or he could also intimate them into doing so... what ever works.

His training was relentless, and his muscles developed accordingly. A body like this would shame Mr. Schwarzenegger.

But unfortunately, he was all grunt no brains. He forgot one important fact ... muscle doesn't float.

So he sank to the bottom of the fishbowl, all alone ... in the darkness ... no one cared. And there he passed on (by drowning of course).

Parama,
Mafia Traitor
, killed Night 3.

Day 4 begins now!

Votecount 4.0
Not Voting (7) - Oso, Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, AGar, TwistedSpoon, Sundy, crazypianist1116

With 7 Alive it takes 4 to lynch, 3 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 11:30pm 29th March GMT+10.30.
Last edited by Enigma on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Enigma »

Twisted, it hasn't been 36 hours since day break, however everyone did get a PM informing them about day start, so he should know day has begun. I'll prod him if he hasn't posted by my next vote count.

Votecount 4.1
Sundy (1) - DemonHybrid
Oso (1) - TwistedSpoon

Not Voting (5) - Oso, Bub Bidderskins, AGar, Sundy, crazypianist1116

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:46 am

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 4.2
Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

Sundy (2) - DemonHybrid, Oso

crazypianist1116 (1) - TwistedSpoon
DemonHybrid (1) - AGar

Not Voting (3) - Bub Bidderskins, Sundy, crazypianist1116

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:52 am

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 4.3
All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain ... Time to die.

Sundy (2) - DemonHybrid, Oso

crazypianist1116 (1) - TwistedSpoon
DemonHybrid (1) - AGar
Oso (1) - Sundy

Not Voting (2) - Bub Bidderskins, crazypianist1116

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (isolation #24) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 4.4
Oso (4) - Sundy, Bub Bidderskins, TwistedSpoon, crazypianist1116

Sundy (3) - DemonHybrid, Oso, AGar

The
deadline

DemonHybrid
is V/LA until March 21st.

Lynch has been reached!

The atmosphere in the fishbowl seemed rather diminished lately, so someone suggested a maybe a preemptive party, it seemed like their fishbowl was nearly safe again.

And what a party it would be. The invites were all pink and fluffy, the clowns and magicians had all been organized!
There was fairy bread, cookies, punch amongst a whole table full of delights.

Everyone all ate, drank and laughed merrily.

Maybe it was time to play some games, games were always fun.

First it was pin the tail on the monkey. Using Parama's corpse, everyone took turns at trying to win this mystery prize.
Well, it didn't turn out too successful. Unfortunately, everyone was pretty bad at such a simple game. DemonHybrid managed to accidentally stab AGar in the eye with his tail. Crazypianist1116 failed at understanding the concept of the game and spent a good few minutes trying to pin the tail on own tail.

Seemed like a good point to stop playing this game.

Meanwhile, Bub Bidderskins decided to just sit in the corner laughing at all, while gluttonizing on all the food, right now he was eating a sundae with a twisted spoon.
And taking a look back on the table, it appeared that Bub had ate all the candy! :(

O well, there was more candy in the pinata.

So they bought it out, and it was a goldfish shaped pinata too!

Took a few attempts but finally they were whacking this pinata with all their might ... but no candy was falling out!!! So they whacked it even harder, and harder and harder.
But there was still no candy!! Then the horror on everyone's face..... It wasn't a pinata.

Stupid Oso, he had meant to come to the party dressed as a pirate but got confused, and accidentally dressed up as a pinata instead.

Oso,
Vanilla Townie
, Killed Day 4.

Last edited by Enigma on Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:27 am

Post by Enigma »

The guilt was almost mutually shared, and the thrill of their actions over the past few days relentlessly haunted nearly everyone.

TwistedSpoon seemed like one of those who was most affected. He was having nightmares every night, and was consumed by the killings he had participated in, involuntary or not.
He crawled up in his bed, and sobbed quietly to himself. He turned on "The greatest hits of Justin Bieber" and proceeded to cry himself to sleep.

Meanwhile, the monkeys themselves were feeling the pressure. They had nearly completed their goal, but they were exhausted. They needed something motivational. So they decided they would requisition Justin Bieber for a private concert, just a small treat for themselves for having gotten this far, and to motivate them to finish their task.

But the paparazzi quickly got hold of these rumors. Alas, the monkeys' quiet little event was about to be ruined...
"Justin Bieber rumored to be playing this weekend in The Fishbowl"

And all his crazy fan girls were far from impressed. They would allow nothing to stand in between them and their undying love for Justin Bieber. And the masses of fan girls marched to The Fishbowl.

The first house they reached was TwistedSpoon's. They could hear Justin Bieber's captivating voice coming from inside the house. he must be in there, how convenient! And with that, they all rushed inside eager to see Bieber for themselves.

Unfortunately, TwistedSpoon was crushed to death in this stampede. And the deadly Bieber fever has taken its next victim.

It seemed the end result, while unexpected, was far from undesirable for the monkey's. But they would eagerly take credit for all that had occurred.

TwistedSpoon,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Night 4.

Day 5 begins now!

Votecount 5.0
Not Voting (5) - Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, AGar, Sundy, crazypianist1116

With 5 Alive it takes 3 to lynch, 2 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 1:00am 4th April GMT+10.30.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #26) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:57 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 5.1
AGar (1) DemonHybrid

Not Voting (4) - Bub Bidderskins, AGar, Sundy, crazypianist1116

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:35 am

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 5.2
He who fights monsters take might care lest, hereby becomes a monster.

DemonHybrid (2) - AGar, crazypianist1116

AGar (1) DemonHybrid
crazypianist1116 (1) - Bub Bidderskins

Not Voting (1) - Sundy

The
deadline
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 5.3
crazypianist1116 (3) - Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, Sundy

DemonHybrid (2) - AGar, crazypianist1116

The
deadline

Lynch has been reached!

In times like these, communication was vital. And even though everyone lived within a stones throw of each other, well everyone preferred to communicate virtually using facebook anyways, in the comfort of their own solitude.

It wasn't such a bad idea anyways, they could easily belittle someone without fear of repercussion, facebook stalk others without the fear of being noticed, or spam someone else's wall with degrading comments for a generally good laugh. After all, the success of one in life depended solely on the amount of likes one could get on their status updates and the number of friends they had on facebook.

But then a certain someone began tagging everyone else in stupid pictures, inviting them to stupid events which weren't even events and even posting links to lolcats, bestiality and free viagra offers on their walls. And to top it off, he constantly updated his status with emotional life stories about how sad his life was.

This was totally unappreciated. Noone liked being spammed with useless notifications and email updates from facebook. Enough was enough.

So they tracked down the culprit, and smashed his computer into a million pieces and sold his iPhone on eBay, only after permanently deleting his facebook account. That would put an end the annoyance that was crazypianist1116.

But without the means to creatively express himself every few seconds by status updates, and troll others on their walls, crazypianist1116 started going crazy. He couldn't live without access to his beloved facebook. A part of him was missing, and heartbroken was an understatement.

He had no choice left, there was no point in living without the love of his life. He had to join his lover on the other side.

crazypianist116,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Day 5.

The deadline for night actions is Sunday, 11:30am 27th March, GMT+10.30.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #29) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:53 pm

Post by Enigma »

*Insert flavor here*

Sundy,
Town Watcher
, killed Night 5.

Day 6 begins now!

Votecount 6.0
Not Voting (3) - Bub Bidderskins, DemonHybrid, AGar

With 3 Alive it takes 2 to lynch, 2 to no lynch.
The
deadline
is 7:30pm 9th April GMT+10.30.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (isolation #30) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 6.1
Eternity is really long ... especially near the end.

DemonHybrid (1) - AGar
AGar (1) - DemonHybrid

Not Voting (1) - Bub Bidderskins

The
deadline

Anyone may post if a player has been hammered. Don't need to wait for me to declare game over.
Backlogged/upcoming flavor should be ready in a few days also.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #31) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by Enigma »

Votecount 6.3
Time to say goodbye.

AGar (2) - DemonHybrid, Bub Bidderskins

Not Voting (1) - Agar

The
deadline

Lynch has been reached!

It was just like a scene from a cheesy horror flick.

Three unsuspecting souls. Alone, scared and praying for a miracle to come along and save them from this nightmare.
And the schools of dead goldfish, and the occasional floating monkey, in this gloomy fishbowl testified just how grim the situation was for them. At least the stench of the rotting corpses served as an occasional distraction.

Time to try for a more blunt approach to get them out of this dire situation, and they were rescued from their impasse of ideas when some Lady GaGa came on. Russian roulette would serve as an awesome finale. As no one had a gun, Bub volunteered a banana he was carrying instead. And with GaGa in a pokadot bikini providing the background atmosphere, they began this game of life and death.

As the banana spinning came to a stop, one end was pointing at DemonHybrid, the other at AGar. And without having defined which end was the barrel, they began bickering again.

Meanwhile, Bub pulled out his chopsticks and began eating some sushi (cause you know ninjas are like Asian) while having a fantasy watching Lady GaGa who was now wearing something only imagination can describe, oblivious to the fact that AGar and DemonHybrid were ready to kill each other. After he ran out of sushi, he decided to pick his nose and play with his navel a bit to pass the time. And AGar and DemonHybrid were still, eagerly awaiting Bub's input, who was now pre-occupied trying to chase his brown tail, as to who he thought was the ninja monkey.

AGar, unable to cope with the stress declared he was mentally insane, and went and sat in the corner of a round room. DemonHybrid was now convinced that AGar was indeed the ninja monkey.

After finally catching his tail, Bub
suddenly
finally realized that he now had the perfect opportunity. And his ninja close combat training would finally see some use.
So he stabbed AGar in the eyes (one chopstick in each eye .. perfect). It seemed he had finally emerged victorious, by his own skill and determination, and had no one to thank but himself.

AGar,
Vanilla Townie
, killed Day 6.

Game over. Congratulations to the winning team.
Last edited by Enigma on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #747 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Enigma »

I'll post up my own thoughts to this game soon. Flavor is in the process of being finalized (final lynch scene flavor is done, check scene at top of this page).

There was a very impressive and active dead quicktopic which has 200 posts (good read). Since some have requested it not be linked publicly, I will provide the link to anyone who wishes to see it, just PM me. (It may become public later, but just waiting on a few pms).

Additionally, I want to thank all of you for helping me through this learning experience. An extra mention due to the fact we had only had one replacement in this game. Thank you all for that.

Thought's on the setup? The traitor is also a watcher btw, make sure you read the ninja training in the scum role pms.

Any specific questions you have about the game, setup, or comments on my moderation, feel free to mention out loud and I'll try address them.

Game Setup
13 Players

Mafia (3)

1 Mafia Traitor
2 Mafia Goon

Town (10)

7 Vanilla Townies
2 Town Watcher
1 Town Jailkeeper

Game LineupMafia Goon: 6. Bub Bidderskins
Mafia Goon: 1. Akira
Mafia Traitor: 2. Parama
Town Jailkeeper: 10. [winger]
Town Watcher: 5. sordros
Town Watcher: 13. Sundy
Vanilla Townie: 7. AGar
Vanilla Townie: 8. Cecily
Vanilla Townie: 9. TwistedSpoon
Vanilla Townie: 12. Oso
Vanilla Townie: 11. Riceballtail
Vanilla Townie: 3. crazypianist1116
Vanilla Townie: 4. DemonHybrid

Vanilla Townie RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130

It seems you will have to rely on your wits and guts to find these Ninja Monkeys and rid your fishbowl community of these foul primates!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Unfortunately for you, you have no active nor passive abilities, sorry!

Active Abilities:
None
Passive Abilities:
None
Win Condition:

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Town Watcher RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130

You are a
Town Watcher

Active Abilities:
During the night, you may PM me a target whom you wish to
Watch
. You will be informed of who has targeted this player with any night abilities.
Passive Abilities:
None
Win Condition:

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Town Jailkeeper RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

Active Abilities:
Jail
. The target will be roleblocked, and also protected from any night kill abilities targeting them.
Passive Abilities:
None
Win Condition:

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Mafia Traitor RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130

It seems you will have to rely on your cunning and deception abilities to eliminate the fishbowl community of all the goldfish!

You are a
Mafia Traitor

Active Abilities:
Watch
. You will be informed of who has targeted this player with any night abilities.
Passive Abilities:
You will be provided with a link to The Temple (scum night chat) if you are successfully targeted with
Recruit
. You may use this chat from the following night onwards.
Team Abilities:
You may discuss in The Temple (if you have access) with your team mates on one player whom you to
Night Kill
, and have the person who will be performing the action to PM me with the target.
Win Condition:
You win when all the Ninja Monkeys have a majority of alive players or if nothing can prevent the same. The traitor counts towards the majority, regardless if he is recruited or not.

Ninja Training

You know that
Player
is a
Mafia Goon
You know that
Player
is a
Mafia Goon
They do not know your identity but know of your active ability.

Note: You may only perform one ability (active and team), unless you are the only member of the Mafia team remaining with access to The Temple.
Note: You will not be able to perform night kills if you have not been successfully targeted with Recruit if you are the only member of the Mafia team remaining.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Mafia Goon RoleHi there
Player
!

Welcome to
Mini 1130

You are a
Mafia Goon

Active Abilities:
None.
Passive Abilities:
None.
Team Abilities:
You may discuss in The Temple with your team mates on one player whom you to
Night Kill
Team Abilities:
You may discuss in The Temple with your team mates on one player whom you wish to attempt to
Recruit
. Have the person who will be performing the action to PM me with the target.
Win Condition:

Ninja Training

You know that
Player
is a
Mafia Goon
You know that there exists one
Mafia Traitor
, but you do not know the identity of the player. You know that he has a Watcher ability. He knows the identity of both
Mafia Goons
You may discuss your sinister motives in
The Temple
, during the night only, with any other players who have access to The Temple.

Confirm via game post.
Good Luck!

Night Actions
Night 1

Bub Bidderskins kills [winger]
Bub Bidderskins recruits crazypianist1116
Maemuki watches [winger]
Sundy watches AGar
Parama watches DemonHybrid
[winger] jails Cecily

Night 2

Bub Bidderskins kills Maemuki
Bub Bidderskins recruits Riceballtail
Maemuki watches Parama
Sundy watches Parama
Parama watches DemonHybrid

Night 3

Bub Bidderskins kills Parama
Bub Bidderskins recruits TwistedSpoon
Sundy watches Bub Bidderskins
Parama watches crazypianist1116

Night 4

Bub Bidderskins kills TwistedSpoon
Sundy watches DemonHybrid

Night 5

Bub Bidderskins kills Sundy
Last edited by Enigma on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Enigma
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Enigma
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #765 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:10 pm

Post by Enigma »

Thanks for the nomination Akira! Flavor is quite difficult to write and everyone telling me you enjoyed it was enough motivation ;)
I looked at some of the other flavor nominations, god some mods write ridiculous amounts. I should have the last 2 flavor bits in, (as I finally handed up the 4 assignments which were due between friday last week, and monday this week). I'll post here to let you know when it's done.

When I created this setup I had a few things in mind, keep in mind that this made when minis were 12p, we just decided to add another VT.

Mafia have a ridiculous win rate in mini normals, I wanted a challenging game for mafia.
I didn't want the boring roleblocker on the mafia team. It's a joke when townies claim PR, it's just lolprblock haha, I wanted them to work around it.
I didn't want games where all the mafia lurk and avoid getting attention to themselves, hence the role of the traitor.
I wanted mafia to think about their night actions with great consequences for failing (derp), being able to kill the traitor adds a degree of complexity to how they should play.

There were three watchers in the game.
I made the traitor a watcher too, to give the town watcher some protection in the game. As the scum know the traitor is a watcher, they should be hesitant to kill it right away. Instead this adds another layer of complexity into night actions with multiple people possibly targetting the watcher for various reasons.
Two watchers is very strong, but we had to take into account the possibility of multiple counter claims. Not only could this expose most of the town PR's, town could mislynch several times if they didn't believe the claim, while also making the task of the scum's play much more difficult.

Finally, I despise having such a boring setup like cop, doc, roleblocker, godfather or some close variant of that. I wanted something different, something exciting for players to play.

I hope you guys understand a bit of what I wanted with this setup. I think it was balanced in a sense, but still had quite a swingy component to it, but players had much more control as to how swingy it was.

I'm surprised scum won after how the game played out earlier. I actually sent a sad PM to Hoopla all sad after N1, when I realized bub had been caught by the watcher since the traitor can't NK unless recruited, as I didn't really expect scum to be down D1 and D2, with her responding games need to be designed for extremes, taking into account multiple bad coincidences.

@Bub, I think your night play could have been much more thoughtful.
I mean you like killed your traitor, tried to recruit a claimed VT (when I specifically said traitor is a watcher comeon....), nor was I a fan of the kill on winger, pretty obvious and thoughtless night thinking there and easy to outguess. But then you won out at LYLO, so not a bad job overall.
FYI, you received one guilty from Mae, and nearly another one from Sundy with your kill on twistedspoon.... why didn't you kill the claimed watcher???

Finally, the dead QT is a very good read, I strongly suggest anyone who doesn't have access to it and wishes to enlighten themselves a bit PM me asking for the link.

Maybe more to come later. Ciao.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”