Newbie 1070 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:17 am

Post by muh316 »

Confirm
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:49 am

Post by muh316 »

Vote Barefoot-fighter
For confirming last. Scum confirm last to buy themselves time.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:14 am

Post by muh316 »

Ellyssa wrote:
Rain wrote: There is an exception though, a rule that is not meant to be broken. Do
not
self vote. Even if you are driven to L-1 (a capital L usually denotes a lynch happening. The succeeding number represents the number of votes before a lynch happens.), you are not dead yet. There is always hope. Stay alive and fight for your cause. Only the French surrenders. Are you French?
@Rain To the above, welcome and thanks for the info! Doing some reading (since there's no real newbie-mechanics-question thread on the forums), I think that even this rule may have an exception, though not very often. But a possible one here may be when you are VT and at L-1, and the town isn't in lylo or mylo but is right up against a deadline and a no-lynch would make it worse (say odd number of players at the moment) for them. So they can look at your posts the next day knowing you were a confirmed (dead) townie. Is that right? Or should you not self lynch even then because that's one less town-aligned player the next day and there's always.. the chance that the mafia won't get a kill at night?

And since Quaroath changed his vote, VOTE: Stels because Recettear gave me fits (though it was nice). :)
I was actually in a situation like that once. 10 minutes to deadline and 3 people were only active. I was at l-1 and nobody else was there to vote me. I came at the last minute and self-voted, I figured it was better to get a lynch day 1.

splitfarvle wrote:I'll go ahead and confirm that I don't know Quaroarth, and also that I got the joke.

Vote: muh316
because the Mario avatar caught my eye and I want to test my sick voting skillz before things get serious.
That Mario avatar was there because of a Mario themed game :)

One more thing, remember, the IC can be scum. He can give out all this good info and there might be an evil mastermind behind him. So just keep that in mind. Its not that I'm accusing Rain of anything
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Post by muh316 »

I'll go ahead and
Unvote
for now.

Barefoot was pretty scared when she had 3 votes on her. This seems suspicious to me. She also placed an OMGUS on me. Also suspicious. I personally don't like giving out these instead of votes, but
FOS Barefoot-fighter

To the people saying we should no lynch, its a bad idea. Don't ask it just is, we know by experience.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #83 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Post by muh316 »

splitfarvle wrote:
muh316 wrote:I'll go ahead and
Unvote
for now.

Barefoot was pretty scared when she had 3 votes on her. This seems suspicious to me. She also placed an OMGUS on me. Also suspicious. I personally don't like giving out these instead of votes, but
FOS Barefoot-fighter

To the people saying we should no lynch, its a bad idea. Don't ask it just is, we know by experience.
Why did you decide to unvote someone you're suspicious of?
A vote is a much more bolder statement than an FOS. A vote sends out the message " I want you dead" an FOS just declares your suspicion.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:00 pm

Post by muh316 »

Guess we have our policy lynch...
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:00 am

Post by muh316 »

T-Bone wrote:
Quaroath wrote:
muh316 wrote:Guess we have our policy lynch...
This post really
really
bothers me.
Because he's....scum??

I'll get to you Day 2 bud. I think Stels should still be our Day 1 lynch.
I'm not scum. I'm just stating that the Mafia is pretty much laughing at this guy. A policy lynch is better than a no lynch.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by muh316 »

Jack. I never said I wanted to lynch you. I never placed my vote on you. All I did was mention that you were being anti-town.
I agree with stels. If you are going for a no lynch, you won't scum hunt. Its going to hurt the town more. For now, let all this no lynch stuff go and try to look at flaws in posts, ask questions do something productive to help the town.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by muh316 »

I find it odd how quick you take back a PL after I point out that it is worse than a NL, just seems odd.
I didn't vote for you, therefore there was no policy lynch in the first place. There was just the idea of it though your not someone we should lynch today.
Quaroath wrote:@Muh - Why did you unvote Barefoot just to FoS her, when she was still L-2? OMGUS votes happen, and from new players I don’t find then particularly suspicious. Barefoot wasn’t in any real danger of getting lynched and L-2, but you had to relieve pressure on her nonetheless? You even feel like you have to explain the FoS with I don’t like doing this, but I will anyways” justification. I agree with Split that’s kinda fishy.
My reasons for voting her were not the same as others. Mine was just a RVS.

As for T-bone, he reminds me of my style of playing. I don't find it fishy since I do it all the time.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (isolation #9) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by muh316 »

My apologies for the absence. Here we go
These quotes are from Split
The problem for me, however, lies in the fact that he was barefoot's first vote and all of a sudden she was in the lead. muh316 expresses suspicion but seems hesitant to use his vote to put pressure on barefoot. Two possibilities:
A. barefoot is town, and muh316 doesn't want to be the first vote on her when she flips
B. barefoot is scum, and muh316 wants to keep her around while still weakly bussing her
So here I explained a vote I placed at RVS. It wasn't placed for reasons that others had stated. It was purely a random vote. I don't like how your calling my statements weak :?
My analysis: posts helpful tips for us, especially Jack (while flippantly suggesting a policy lynch), weakly defends his unvote on barefoot (while she's the only player he's claimed to find suspicious), and tries to link his play to T-Bone's style despite not really playing much like T-Bone at all.
I posted helpful tips. I defended my unvote but it was not weak. Barefoot was not the only one I suspected. I was just trying to give the impression that lurking is fine. I have a rep for it and I thought it was T-Bones style but that has changed over time.
The weakest part, I admit, since this was during RVS, but because it was RVS I didn't expect any sort of response. My main goal was to test the forum mechanics of voting and I literally picked the avatar that caught my eye. (If you just focus on this last part Jack again, look up please!) muh316's response seems defensive in a way, but like I said this part of my argument is easily the weakest.
It wasn't defensive. It was just a friendly gesture to you.
"Do as I say, not as I do."
Call me a hypocrite but thats just what I do. I'm more of a skimmer. I don't analyze posts. My main goals are to find something large. Aiming for the bigger picture. Not a post by post analysis.
This is from Elyssa
Who do you think is second most suspicious at the moment? Or do you have thoughts on anyone else you'd like to share? Oh, and you're my 2nd most likely suspect at the moment.
Here's how I do it. I list everyone who I think is town. The rest are not clear enough to be considered town.
Town: Jack, split, T-bone, Rain
The other 4 I'm not very sure of what to think about them.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:20 pm

Post by muh316 »

Townhunting is what I do. Its pretty much the same as scumhunting except its like eating the good part of the Pizza first and keeping the bad part for last.(Its actually what I do in real life:) )
What I don't get is why I'm at L-1 on such a weak case.
Ellyssa, I gave a list. You can understand that whoever was not on that list was suspicious or borderline suspicious.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:26 am

Post by muh316 »

Muh is infuriating though. Really? 3 sentences when you're at L-1, for even what you describe as a weak case? :/ Not caring, to the point of apathy? I agree it's a somewhat weak case, but that's because you've posted nothing of substance, so a large part of the attack is on what you haven't said, as opposed to what you have. If it's so weak, there should be tons you can say to tear it up to shreds. But you're not! I think at this point, really, if you get lynched and flip town, it'd be filed under the policy lynch category. Which is ironic in a roundabout way, but perhaps better to do on D1 than nearer a potential lylo-that-contains-muh, especially when you COULD still be Mafia.
Yeah 3 sentences. The case that Split posted was already answered. Your going to lynch me for something I haven;t said.
The case is weak in general. Its not the specific bits if it that I can tear apart. I am being pretty lazy here. T-Bone its not good to rush the town. Rushing leads to mislynches. This is obviously the case here. I like T-Bone's mindset of 20 pages. I like that. This game is too slow for me. I have seen Newbie games finish with just 15 pages. They don't end up well. I'm just saiyan that we should pick up the pace in this game. If lynching me helps discussion, so be it. I'm willing to die.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:29 pm

Post by muh316 »

I'm up for voting barefoot right now.

VOTE: Barefoot-fighter
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by muh316 »

Remember the pressure that was placed on her early in the game? I need that pressure to be placed again. We need reactions.

Vote Count

muh316 (4) - splitfarvle, T-Bone, Ellyssa, Jack Forman
barefoot-fighter (2) - Stels, muh316
Quaroath (1) - Rain
Stels (1) - Quaroath

Not Voting (1) - barefoot-fighter

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:48 pm

Post by muh316 »

I didn't freak out when I had 3 votes placed on me.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by muh316 »

What I meant by the game being slow was that there aren't enough posts or discussion. What I mean by rushing is getting things done too quickly.

T-Bone isn't really contributing to the game. His posts are implying hurry up I want to use my scum powers for night 1.

I'm not suggesting a lynch anytime soon. What I do suggest is getting a bandwagon going on for more information.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:36 am

Post by muh316 »

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”