Newbie 1070 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Stels »

/confirm

Hello, I am your second SE... Second as in, muh316 was first to confirm...
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Stels »

Quaroath wrote:Thread unlocking took sooo long, >_< happened to be on and saw the role pm pop up. Confirmed!

Vote: Splitfarvle
for being online at 12:32 AM pst. That's just fishy! (Pot, meet Kettle!)
You do know that until the game starts, this vote will not count...
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Stels »

Stels wrote:
Quaroath wrote:Thread unlocking took sooo long, >_< happened to be on and saw the role pm pop up. Confirmed!

Vote: Splitfarvle
for being online at 12:32 AM pst. That's just fishy! (Pot, meet Kettle!)
You do know that until the game starts, this vote will not count...
Also, that time stamp is set for the time stamp that you currently have set on this forum.
For example, that post was posted at 4:33 am for me... Figure the rest out for yourself.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Stels »

Sigh, I don't want this to become a slaughterfest, so I'll just back off. If you know him already, then that's a different thing. My point is that the time that is set for you in this forum may be different from the time that he posted his post, therefore he may not have posted at 3am, but at 5pm for example. With this, I rest my case.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:24 am

Post by Stels »

Quaroath wrote:I"m not angry, or even more than mildly annoyed. Split knew I meant him, which made my post make sense to the person i was ribbing. Beyond that it shouldn't be an issue and Stels making it one is... amusing. That said I don't know anyone in the game, first game, etc etc. Once the game starts I'll stop joking around, until then it's all just idle time where I'm antsy to get started.

This ain't my first forum rodeo, I know how it works.
I didn't make an issue. I was simply stating the fact that you could have been wrong.
Now to clarify, since you both have no history on this forum, does that mean you know splitfarvle from somewhere? From another forum or real life?
barefoot-fighter wrote:How about ICs, have we got any?
There is one IC in each newbie game. According to the first post by the mod as well as the ones that follow after, our IC is V/LA until today, so he should post sometime soon.

VOTE: T-Bone
I shall not submit to the hypnotoad.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #5) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:48 am

Post by Stels »

You could also just use this too... to make it nice and shiny.

Code: Select all

[vote]Username[/vote]
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 am

Post by Stels »

Rain wrote: @Quaroath
At the bottom of the page, the forum lists who's currently browsing the forum board. Note however that you have the power to never reveal yourself online, even when you are browsing.

Do you think being an IC is a scumtell?
That refers to my question on whether he knows splitfarvle or not...

@Ellyssa: Oh no you didn't... You did not just say that...

@Rain: No, being an IC isn't a scumtell. If you have an IC scum partner, it is advantageous to the scum, but the IC status isn't a scum-tell. Same thing goes for SE's and such.
Quaroath wrote:Split knew I meant him, which made my post make sense to the person i was ribbing.
So you met him somewhere before? That does apply to the "know" part of my question. If not, then my previous argument comes into place about this seemingly useless subject...
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:58 pm

Post by Stels »

@Ellyssa: I was happy that someone besides me actually played Recettear. I was amazed, that's all.
@Jack Forman: RVS usually gets us to a start, going from nowhere to somewhere. There is no such a thing as a RVS leading to a lynch straightaway in Newbie game, so there should be no fear to vote for whoever to get us to a start... Right now, what I have concluded about you so far is that you are afraid of the consequences that your actions will bear. Not exactly a scum-tell, but IMO you're being rather too cautious.
UNVOTE: T-Bone
VOTE: Jack Forman
@Quaroath: please use my given username instead of axing the spelling of it and hope to get away with it. "T" and "K" are miles apart on the keyboard, so I think you're just doing it on purpose now.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:12 pm

Post by Stels »

@MOD: Sorry, but I have HSPA's for three days in a row starting tomorrow, so V/LA until the 4th. Sorry about the inconvenience, but I'll browse the game and respond when I have the time during my V/LA.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:33 am

Post by Stels »

@Jack Forman: Yet again, my opinion of you hasn't changed. You are still insecure about trying to lynch someone, choosing the easier option of a no-lynch. Your character is that of someone who fears the consequences, which I see in a scum-light. You're afraid that if you vote for someone and lynch that person, you will be seen as scum for lynching that townie, which you are definitely afraid of. The fact that you refuse to scum-hunt in general is also something that is unacceptable and anti-town, especially since you said that was your "final" vote. My vote stays.
Quaroath wrote:I'm feeling a barefoot-Stels scumteam at the moment. I don't know where the vote count is and addin it up manually on my iPhone is a pain. Not sure what vote count stels is at, or I'd vote him.
You never got around to explaining this part and despite having posted the several large posts that most certainly did not come from your phone, you still haven't voted me in any way possible, even before voting for Rain. The fact that you arrived at a Me + barefoot-fighter scumteam so early into the game is also rather ridiculous.

I also like how everyone in this game is discussing possible situations that this game might come to when we are still only in Day 1 and have no progress whatsoever to even consider these circumstances. What I'm seeing here is a mass-diversion from trying to scum-hunt and get the town actually moving. The people that did this are: barefoot-fighter, Ellyssa, Jack Forman, Quaroath and Rain.
Ellyssa and Jack Forman are slightly unrelated to actually diverting attention elsewhere, but Ellyssa contributed a small amount and Jack Forman is definitely the cause of this all. Rain is the IC and I know that his role is to explain and correct the situation, but he is still one of those people who keep up the conversation about it instead of going the other way.
Concluding that list, one of the scum is highly likely to be in the barefoot-fighter, Quaroath and Rain group. Barefoot-fighter definitely strikes as suspicious now, with her "freaked-out" reactions about the votes that have been acquired by her, especially comparing herself to Jack, which is odd. She definitely seems scummy the way she stands now.
HoS: barefoot-fighter

@T-Bone: apart from one-liners and a few phrases in your previous post, you haven't actually said much and are already bent on a definite lynch. Bit under the radar, might I add.

@Everyone: Remember, I am still V/LA. I'll try to post when I can, but that's not a guarantee.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:15 pm

Post by Stels »

Sort of skimmed through this and the last page due to lack of time. Have to catch up on reading tomorrow.
BTW, tomorrow is the last day of my V/LA! No more HSPA's, but I do have a project that is due the next day :'(
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Stels »

Ok, I am back, doing a re-read tomorrow since I have no energy whatsoever today.

Vote Count

muh316 (2) - splitfarvle, T-Bone
barefootfighter (1) - Ellyssa
Rain (1) - Quaroath
Jack Forman (1) - Stels
Quaroath (1) - Rain
No Lynch (1) - Jack Forman

Not Voting (2) - muh316, barefoot-fighter

With 9 alive it is 5 to lynch.
Last edited by Alduskkel on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (isolation #12) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:13 pm

Post by Stels »

Spoiler: Part 1
T-Bone wrote:Honestly? Some people are looking more and more like they need my vote more than Stels does. Don't worry guys, I'm very generous with my vote. Just look at the love Stels has for me.
I appreciate your feelings for me, but I don't swing that way.
I don't really mind it being there, you're just voting me based on the fact that I jumped onto the Jack Forman wagon and that's it.

Spoiler: Part 2
barefoot-fighter wrote:Also we are name-troubled. Muh, T-Bone, Stels. Three different players. Possibly different roles.
Name-troubled? You confuse people's names? Muh, T-Bone and Stels are pretty much different for you to confuse them.
I don't understand where you get this information from. Do you just pull it out of a magic hat or something?

Not one to nitpick individual phrases and such, but:
Quaroath wrote:My scum group has been preety static all game. Pretty sure that's not flip-flopping. What's more..
You pretty much admitted to being scum here, although that's probably a joke, which it most certainly is. The fact that you use a "You can't keep me in a constant pair with another possible scum partner, so I'm not scum" disturbs me very much. That is the most worst excuse you could ever to get your out of a situation where you are in heat. So what if you don't have a definite scum-partner, that doesn't eliminate the chance that you are scum or any suspicions.

@splitfarvle: The only reason I see why you're voting muh316 is because he can't defend his unvote properly. I understand that cause, but you do know that it was an RVS on barefoot right? Meaning, she wasn't his suspect from the get-go. I agree on the fact that he didn't keep his vote there when he clearly FoS's her, but I can also understand why he would do that, especially this early. She could still be at L-2, but then again, this game could be full of jackasses.
splitfarvle wrote:The weakest part, I admit, since this was during RVS, but because it was RVS I didn't expect any sort of response. My main goal was to test the forum mechanics of voting and I literally picked the avatar that caught my eye. (If you just focus on this last part Jack again, look up please!) muh316's response seems defensive in a way, but like I said this part of my argument is easily the weakest.
I'm pretty sure he just explained why he would have an avatar that depicts the popular game character Mario. The fact that he knows it's RVS and deliberately replies to your vote is because his response isn't supposed to get you from voting him.
The only thing I see in your case is that he didn't keep his vote on barefoot-soldier long enough to get information out of her. That is my stand-point on your case against him. I applaud you're tunneling of him and your cause, but I don't think there's enough yet to actually get something going.
Although I concur what Ellyssa said about him trying to only townhunt due to phrasing of that quote in her latest post.

T-Bone wrote:I said I'd be okay with this vote. He and Stels were my picks for votes, at this point, I think Stels has redeemed himself enough for now. At least until the next phase.
Oh man, I can't stop laughing now. I
REDEEMED
myself? Really now? All I did was post "I'm V/LA" and "Still V/LA" and that just stops you from seeing me as what you saw me before? Wow.

Spoiler: Town/Scum/Null
-----------------------------------------------
obvtown:
Ellyssa
Splitfarvle

leaning town:
Jack Forman
Rain

Null Read: T-Bone

leaning scum:
barefoot-fighter
muh316

Obvscum:
Quaroath
----------------------------------------------

VOTE: Quaroath
Gives bad impression, uses scummy excuses, parroting.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:11 am

Post by Stels »

Quaroath wrote:@stels failcase. Learn to read. I really need to explain what he did there. It makes for fantastic scum. I will when I have a computer.
Sigh, I hate that specific phrase "Learn to read". It pisses me off so much. The fact that you're disappointed by this pretty much makes it more suspicious if you already start calling me scum which will, eventually lead to OMGUS. The fact that I'm voting for you isn't because of that one quote, it's because I read your previous posts as well and gave my judgment. The fact that it's pretty much OBVIOUS that you wouldn't say that you are scum in that quote is apparent, I'm not stupid enough to use that in voting for you. What you're doing in that quote is using a "I don't have a scum-partner, or he changes too quickly for me to actually be scum" excuse. That's what adds to your scumminess.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Stels »

Sorry about that
UNVOTE: Jack Forman
VOTE: Quaroath
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Stels »

@Quaroath: I think you're just getting very personal now, insulting me, my reading comprehension as well as taking the pre-game incident very close to heart by calling me a snert at the same time. The fact that you can't phrase your sentences correctly isn't my fault, since you can't actually express your opinions clearly by referring to something specific, like putting (barefoot-stels) in parentheses. The fact that "My scum team has been static all game" implies many thoughts. So what if it's been static all game on who you think the two scum are? The fact didn't change that you never actually got me voted during that assumption, instead going for Rain. If I've been your supposed scum-group all game, why haven't you voted for me before?

@barefoot-fighter: So explain to me the correlation of being troubled with names and that giving incentive to stating that we have different roles?
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Stels »

@barefoot-fighter: I'm not offended or anything, I just wanted to see the correlation between how you got from being confused by names to presuming that we may have different roles the sentence after that was said.
Also, I noticed that you just pushed off the pressure by referring to Quaroath, that I should lay off you and go back to him, since I am currently voting him. This strikes me as very odd. Why would you do so in the first place?
UNVOTE: Quaroath
VOTE: barefoot-soldier

@Quaroath: I understand what you went through, and I'm not offended, it's just, this is a game of logic and reasoning, not some flame war between people. I just wanted to stop that from happening further than it already was.

@muh316: So you did your town-hunting and have come up with that little list of 4 people you consider town, what about the rest? Are you going to scumhunt at least, because, even if you do find town, we still need to find the scum...
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by Stels »

muh316 wrote:Remember the pressure that was placed on her early in the game? I need that pressure to be placed again. We need reactions.
And notifying the person who the pressure is supposed to be on that the pressure is just there for pressure and not a serious vote defeats that purpose.

@Ellyssa: I think he's just trying to hop onto a wagon that has the potential to not get him lynched for the day /OR\ He's doing it on purpose and playing so carelessly to end his life ASAP... both of which are bad...

@barefoot-fighter: yet again, I'm not trying to be rude, I just failed to see the how 'this' and 'that' were related to each other. The "magic hat" part wasn't intended seriously as an insult, it was more like a reference to how you got that idea from, since I didn't understand how you came up with such correlations. You know that when I put my vote on you, I already read Quaroath's apology and I responded to it, AKA I wasn't actually bullied by him.
barefoot-fighter wrote:I thought you were mad at Quarotah and were being agressive towards me as well, so I said I'm not teasing you, get off me.
I'm pretty sure that the tone of my posts towards you for the last two posts was neutral towards you as it was since the 'magic-hat' post. There was no implied emotion as far as I can see as well as teasing.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Stels »

^^I dislike your obsessive use of sarcasm...
Will post a bit later today.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:26 am

Post by Stels »

@Ellyssa: I just want to point out one thing. Mafia will not hammer this early for 1 mislynch, unless they're idiots. That's like painting a target on their backs.
Pretty much, the only coinciding people from your analysis is Rain and T-Bone. Although I'm pretty sure that at least one person from the scum team wasn't on the wagon, like barefoot-fighter...

@Nacho: HOLY CRAP. Nacho! You're back for more games with me! ;D
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Stels »

@T-Bone: True. We pretty much did that.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 pm

Post by Stels »

The information that she gave us is sufficient enough to judge her replacement on many levels.
The fact that she was not confident with voting already implicates scummy behavior in my book.
You're not doing anything to her slot, you're just discussing her faults and errors that might suggest what she truly was which may be hidden away by Nacho in the future. So, at least there's something there.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (isolation #22) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Stels »

Ellyssa wrote:At the time I was also thinking that barefoot not hammering was a towntell, though as pointed out she really didn't vote at all. But muh didn't vote anyone else outside of RVS either up to that point, and HE turned up town..
Muh =/= Barefoot

Other than that, not much to post >_>
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #23) » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:00 pm

Post by Stels »

Will post more info and stuff sometime during friday and onwards when I actually have enough time not to worry about assignments.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:20 am

Post by Stels »

Rain wrote:
Vote: Stels

From #102 to #156, you pegged Jack to be scum then town, for no reason at all, which is easy for scum to do since they know who's town. What's more suspicious is that you've list him as town right after Ellyssa and I did.
Because he started to do pro-town things?
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #274 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:43 am

Post by Stels »

Spoiler: Click Me! -->
Rain wrote:Would've been good to list them then rather than now.
Sorry, he diverted my attention when Quaroath started acting suspicious for me and after that started to actually be decisive. :roll:
splitfarvle wrote:It's been a long day but my thoughts have been turning towards the game and I want to weigh in with hopefully a useful post.

I was surprised that Jack got the nightkill, as I was mostly neutral towards him and I expected someone like Ellyssa, for her imo town playing, or Rain or Stels, for their relative experience, to get killed instead. Hell, I even expected myself to get nightkilled before Jack since I turn up as town in a few player's analyses. (As a side-note, I'm seeing some wisdom in T-Bone's dislike of lists)
Then again, they did get rid of one SE. Why not try to lynch the others like we did Day 1?
splitfarvle wrote:I've seen the argument about the mafia not hammering quickly so early put forward by Stels in #231, but I'm of a mind to counter with a couple of things. Firstly, it's not convincing to me because there was some talk about ending the day since the game had slowed, and someone could easily point to this talk after hammering as an excuse, which I admit Rain did not do.
Then again, it was referred to a single individual (barefoot-fighter). The talk about ending the day early is null and void, even though I didn't mention her, but if you look at the post above mine (232) then you'll see the light to this point you raise up.
Ellyssa wrote:@Nacho #257: Welcome (redux)! I have a question for you from your opening post; why do you think Stels is town? I agree with you on the other two though, but Stels is currently lying neutral for me. Did anything stand out for you? In particular, you seem to have a playing history with him - is it something from that that is jumping out re: him as town? Or that your main suspect is pushing him and thus eliminates him as scum? [Also I have two ll's in my name, grr! ]
Can't help but notice that Quaroath you view as town and agree with Nacho, but in the next post you contradict yourself entirely and put him in the scum-picks... Wishy-washy much?
Nachomamma8 wrote:I think that Stels is town because of how transparent he's been this game.
Sorry for being transparent >_> I am lazy after all.
Nachomamma8 wrote:I also like that you've already decided that 3 people aren't getting lynched. What if one of those people turn out to be scum? That's a pretty bold statement to make. Shouldn't you be open to all possibilities? You've already made it clear that you're gonna tunnel on Rain, Split, and myself. Thats some pretty narrow minded thinking.
Yes, as in a list. As to why you need multiple suspects... what if your first suspect is wrong? Then your entire day is spent pushing the lynch of a townie, and then the next day you'll be mislynched for pushing that mislynch so far. Even if you're right, you'll just be NK'ed during the night, and then town will have nothing to go off of the following days, even though you've just demonstrated that you're an effective scumhunter. Having multiple suspects also makes you, as a townie, more transparent, meaning that it will make more sense to people when you make your switches from suspect to suspect, and you won't have to waste time explaining why you're switching.[/quote]
Sorry Nacho, but this strikes me as coaching T-Bone :'(
VOTE: Nachomamma8
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:24 pm

Post by Stels »

@Ellyssa:
Ellyssa wrote:Scum picks:

T-bone is currently high on my scumdar for reasons stated earlier. I'm not sure if I post too much since no one else seems to agree!

I think there may be one in the Quaroath/Rain/Stels voting bloc too, just because they've been at each other since middle day 1, but concentrating on a different person each time, and effectively tying up votes in relation to trying to lynch anyone else. First Rain attacked Quaroath and Stels joined in while Quaroath attacked both of them back, then now Rain attacked Stels and Quaroath attacked Rain (joining on Split's points) and Stels hasn't weighed in on either of them due to RL assignments. I get the feeling one of them is instigating the other two a bit to keep the flames fanned, but I can't decide who, because both Rain and Quaroath have voted each other, as well as Stels (and even Jack) by now.

Nacho/barefoot has residual suspicion, but it's weaker than I felt middle of day 1, because I felt on a reread I did near the end of D1 that much of it was due to a slight language barrier, so she ended up fighting lots of words and phrasing instead. There were some valid points early on that were either newbtells or scumtells (though possibly both) that were pointed out, but she seemed to try to avoid them after. Nacho has only posted once and I did not get scum vibes from that.
Yet you put him up here in this section as well as myself (and Rain). You also separated the 3 sections with three dashes (---) between the sections (Town, Scum, T-Bone).
Plus, I didn't ask for your opinion on me or Rain. I asked for you to explain why he's in the same category as me. And no offence.
Ellyssa wrote:@Quaroath/Stels/Rain What is your read on T-Bone? Do you think he's top two scum from my arguments? I don't think you three have said anything about him or this little war in Day 2 yet. He's obviously scummy to me and I'd like to know if I can get the support for a lynch or if you all are set on killing Rain or barefoot (though Stels is voting barefoot now for a comment he made to T-Bone, he didn't actually address T-Bone or my points againts each other).
Honestly, I think he's just begging to be lynched with his stuck-up attitude. He hasn't done anything this entire game, except chase after you, which ATM is quite stupid seeing as how you're such a pro-town force. The fact that he always wanted to vote you from the start and "the perfect time" to wait and vote for you doesn't stick well with me. It's like saying "Hey! I eat babies even though I am a vegetarian."

@Ellyssa: Also, barefoot-fighter doesn't exist anymore. It's Nachomamma8 now!
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #284 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Stels »

@Ellyssa: Fair enough.
Rain wrote:I have a hard time seeing why you think Stels is town.
Honestly, IDC whether I'm viewed as town or scum.
In fact:
Stels wrote:
T-Bone wrote:Honestly? Some people are looking more and more like they need my vote more than Stels does. Don't worry guys, I'm very generous with my vote. Just look at the love Stels has for me.
I appreciate your feelings for me, but I don't swing that way.
I don't really mind it being there
, you're just voting me based on the fact that I jumped onto the Jack Forman wagon and that's it.
Nachomamma8 wrote:
Stels wrote:Sorry Nacho, but this strikes me as coaching T-Bone :'(
What would that little blurb accomplish if I were coaching him? Why would he disregard my advice if we were both scum?
The fact that he's being outright scummy, coaching him might get him into a better situation. Giving random blurbs of advice is not scummy if you were an SE or IC this game, but you're not ;P Especially when most of the players know how the game works by now as well as T-Bone already having experience, I find your action even more scummy in this situation.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Stels »

@T-Bone: What got up your ass today? Am I not scumhunting now? My vote is on Nachomamma8 right now. Why does how I feel towards you immediately give you such a reaction? The fact that you're afraid to die clearly shows. I don't fear hopping onto your bandwagon when I have good enough reason. Even if it makes me look scummy with all the taunts you've made against me just now, I'm not afraid. Ellyssa is and has been pro-town this whole game, I haven't seen her act scummy once, except for that mix-up between me and her. Her massive posts have content, something that me and you both lack. I never said I was giving her or anyone here any control.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Stels »

Rain wrote:@Stels
Coaching is only really revealing when the person on the receiving end flips scum, otherwise it's a null tell. Also, Nacho has the credentials to be an IC. This is not scumhunting, this is exaggerating.
Ok, coaching redefined for me. I know Nacho has the credentials to be anything on this forum. The fact that it's not his role to do so is what I'm getting at and even if it was, it's totally unnecessary, since I'm sure most of us know what's what now. Advice is advice, but advice can be buddying as well, although I won't expect that from Nacho.
Rain wrote:Nacho is town. I believe in Nacho, even if Nacho doesn't believe in me.
Trying to do the same here, but so far no luck.
Quaroath wrote:Honestly T-bone just doesn't interest me at this point, I'm watching him but he's pushing one person I have zero interest in voting today, and I think he's doing it poorly..
He also tunneled a confirmed townie D1
. I don't think he's scum, I just don't think he's effectively hunting scum either.
Yet, you can't confirm that until their actual flip. The only confirmation you can have about someone's alignment is if you're scum, which I'm guessing you knew? from Day 1?
Quaroath wrote:Honestly T-bone just doesn't interest me at this point, I'm watching him but he's pushing one person I have zero interest in voting today, and I think he's doing it poorly..
He also tunneled a confirmed townie D1
. I don't think he's scum, I just don't think he's effectively hunting scum either.
Yet, you can't confirm that until their actual flip. The only confirmation you can have about someone's alignment is if you're scum, which I'm guessing you knew? from Day 1?
T-Bone wrote:@Rain. Whoa whoa. That's a mighty fine fishing pole you're considering whipping out. There's no reason for me to consider a Cop in this equation, because there's no reason for a Cop to out themselves to protect a townie.

@ Quaroth - I'm sorry. CONFIRMED TOWNIE? The only people who 100% know who is town, is the mafia. So, was that a Freudian slip? Gonna kill Ellyssa tonight so that she flips town, so you can come back Day 3 and say "see I knew Ellyssa was town!"
DAMNIT! Ninja'd.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:26 pm

Post by Stels »

@Nacho: And tunneling isn't good?
@Rain: Try harder.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (isolation #31) » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by Stels »

There is no case. That's the point.
@Nacho: I do have other scum suspects besides you, it's just you're more worthy of pursuing due to that action of yours.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #32) » Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Stels »

/Anti-Prod-Type-Of-Post
I've been busy this whole week + weekends and couldn't tend to the game.
Will get back to this sometime this week.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (isolation #33) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Stels »

Well, first off, I sincerely apologize for being a lazy a-hole. That's the reason why I didn't post.
@Ellyssa: I actually wanted to make it Saturday, but then I hop back on and see the deadline is too close...

@Everyone: I would like to keep my vote on Nacho, but it's not being productive, as a lot of you are convinced that he is more than 100% town... This makes me sad :'( in many ways.
(This figure is a figment of my imagination).
UNVOTE: Nachomamma8

@Quaroath: I read through your ISO and guess what I found? Day 1, you just go up and randomly paint me as scum (I think this is due to the pre-game things that happened between me and that you still use that to this day). Your case was weak, the one you tried to make? and so far, you never really explained your disposition on me clearly since your "Logic and Thought Processes" clearly don't show me as one. Sorry, your scum is in another castle.
Rain wrote:Based on interactions, when Stels flip scum, T-Bone is a likely scum partner. T-Bone was on muh-wagon when Stels was off. T-Bone voted for Stels in early D1, then somehow Stels "redeemed" himself by saying he finished some RL project. T-Bone being already scummy is just icing on the cake.

I'd much rather lynch Stels before T-Bone. I don't think Nacho's going to be lynched today.
Then go for T-Bone? I love the case you made on me, it just shows how freaking stupid this whole thing is. You want to lynch me based on a scum read that you have on another person. LOLOLOLOL.

@Ellyssa/Everyone: Why the hell are you all talking about scum partners when we haven't even nailed a single scum yet? The fact that you guys are doing so is freaking weird.
List of people who do so:
Ellyssa
Quaroath
T-Bone
I see some correlation between these three people. If I were to say something about this in a similar manner as they have that distracts people from their main scum suspects and gives them a pre-vote advantage in a subconscious way is that there is either a Ellyssa/T-Bone team or Quaroath/T-Bone team... Ellyssa/Quaroath team I don't see, due to their interactions with one another being distanced... How do you like them apples now!?

@T-Bone: Yet you do nothing on that matter to try and get us lynched because you supposedly suspect us both? You just want to wait it out and vote the wagon that fits you the most in the end, without doing anything else.
VOTE: T-Bone
Your scummy actions were enough as they were, now you're just being a pain in the ass for me as well as the "Scum-Pairs" that I have stated where you appear in both...
OH WAIT, I forgot that I also had a 'pre-vote' on you too! What a coincidence! How about you get off your ass and do something then.
ISO#0: Comments about his role. Either Scum or PR. I tend to go with Scum.
ISO#1&2: Fluff
ISO#3: RVS/Non-RVS vote. "On how Stels sorta slipped onto the bandwagon"
ISO#4: muh = scum fluff
ISO#5: Stels didn't convince him to remove the vote yet.
ISO#6: Explanation for Ellyssa
ISO#7: Quaroath doesn't contribute Fluff
ISO#8: I WANT TO PLAY! Fluff
ISO#9: Fluff
ISO#10: Jack/Quaroath Posting Amount Comparison
ISO#11: T-Bone - Lurker King
ISO#12: Votes muh316, says he was another pick between me and him. Never mentioned this before. Stels "redeemed himself"
ISO#13: Corrects Previous Post
ISO#14: DOT DOT DOT
ISO#15: Explains the "Redemption" - Stels hasn't posted anything.
ISO#16-22: Fluff
ISO#23: It's not my fault you can't read me, it's yours!
ISO#24: I AM GOING ON VACATION, START TALKING!
ISO#25: Fluff
ISO#26: V/LA
ISO#27: REVELATION! JACK WAS PAINTED AS TOWN! THAT'S WHY HE DIED.
ISO#28: Ellyssa Vote.
ISO#29-31: Fluff
ISO#32: Replies to Ellyssa.
ISO#33&34: Fluff
ISO#35: MY VOTE IS UP FOR GRABS ON THE LARGEST BANDWAGON.
ISO#36: I GOT PREVOTED BY RAIN AND STELS, BOOOOOHOOOOOO :'( SADFACE
ISO#37: EBWOP
ISO#38: Rain Logic: Ellyssa scum (T-Bone's Opinion) Makes T-Bone scum
ISO#39: Unvote. Ellyssa is a 100% confirmed townie?
ISO#40: LyLo promise that he will reveal all the cards!
ISO#41: EBWOP
ISO#42-45: Fluff
ISO#46: What is the case on Stels?
ISO#47-50: Fluff
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:21 pm

Post by Stels »

>_> honestly, I didn't even know I was prevoting you until you mentioned it. I had no intention of voting you until you started mentioning the prevote. Shows how afraid you are to die, scum.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #35) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Stels »

@Mod: Prod Nacho
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (isolation #36) » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Stels »

@T-Bone: Breadcrumber? So far, I haven't seen any breadcrumbs, and I definitely don't think it's you, even if it is you, it's hard to do so on one liners. I don't mind lynching Rain either, since he pretty much hasn't done anything to the cause of town either. Not to OMGUS or anything, but all he did was act his IC role and not the player role. His Hammer D1 isn't a scumtell and I don't really calculate it his case, but the way he goes after me without anything solid, as a matter of fact, any of you guys, already means something.
But hey, I got something against you as well as the other half of town and I'll stick by it unless you want to claim/show breadcrumb since it is unavoidable at this stage >_> I can claim as well if you don't mind <_<
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by Stels »

@T-Bone: Nice town-like behavior you got there T-Bone. Very supportive for the remaining townies that are left.
@Nacho: You only know that based on one of my games... Unless you read my other games, which I most likely doubt.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Stels »

@Massclaim: I am VT. No point in dwelling upon it now...

My thoughts about people:
@Nachomamma8: Seriously, I can't grasp your alignment T_T
IT DRIVES ME NUTS!
Ok, I processed some info you said about me based on my scum meta. You said that in Gorrad's Fav. Fic. Mafia, I buddy up a lot. As I recall and did a short re-read of my ISO there, I don't think I've ever done that there... This confuses me in many ways now, since I don't get your point in why you're so sure that I'm town based on that meta as well as me not grasping your alignment. Unless you confused Newbie 1052, which I doubt you're talking about. [/end]
As far as referring to my reads on people, I would make my reads on people shifty, but the same applies to town as well, since I don't know for sure who is what, like I am with you.
The way you usually play, especially at this point in the game based on your previous games, you should be way more active, especially since we're in MyLo.
I honestly want to believe in you being town, but reading some games that you played in, you are a silver-tongued devil. But then again I have analysis data...

@Rain: Honestly, I thought of you dying Night 1, due to being an IC and instilling fear in the scum-newbies that you'll effectively scumhunt their asses out of here. But with the current layout of your playstyle, you strike me as more of an under-the-radar type of person. I perceive you as more town than scum at this point due to the fact that they probably decided to let you live till this day due to your scumminess D2 as well as not contributing much. Considering that Splitfarvle is the cop, then you are town. If Splitfarvle is actually scum, then you're scum.

...Quaroath: I find this an amazing fact that they lynched Quaroath over Ellyssa. He freaking makes almost no sense, pretty much dilly-dallied D2 (no offence). Based on his latest list of who he considers what, I can discern this from what I can piece together.
This is his original list:
Quaroath wrote:
Rain
Quaroath
Ellyssa
Split

T-Bone
Stels
Nacho
This is what I assume based on it:
Quaroath wrote:Rain
Quaroath

Ellyssa
Split
T-Bone

Stels

Nacho
T-Bone flipped town as well as Quaroath and I know for a fact that I am town myself.
Why would they lynch Quaroath? From what I know about Nacho, he isn't dumb enough to paint a target on his back as large as this, so he's out of the picture for this one. (WIFOM >_>)
So that leaves me with Rain, Ellyssa and Splitfarvle.
Ellyssa is pro-town as far as I can remember, so that leads to
Rain-Splitfarvle
which is
very likely
, claiming cop, he gains an advantage as well as getting a sure-fire ally (me)(Although it could be any other person here).
Then we assume that Splitfarvle is actually the cop, that leads to
Nacho-Ellyssa
scum team which I
definitely won't find likely
now after analyzing the current situation as well as the previous reason why I don't find Nacho likely scum now.
Another thing about Rain and this tactic is that the aggression caused between him and myself will build into friendship/buddying if it is revealed that we are both town. Clever tactic. I vote, they quick-lynch. I refrain from voting until Nacho gets here.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Stels »

@Ellyssa: I don't consider Nacho into any scum team now that I think about it. That would be just about stupid based on the list I gave you all. That basically leaves only 3 people to ponder about and a 2/3 chance to hit scum... Because I don't believe Splitfarvle when he says that Rain and me are town, meaning that Nacho/Ellyssa scum team is what he is considering, which is the only choice that is actually left. The fact that he wants to attract attention by saying "Hey, I give you the power of my vote, use it anyway you want to." is just plain stupid if he knows he is the cop and there can only be two people left that actually fit the role of scum: Nacho and Ellyssa. So why not vote them at the start which is the only logical solution here? Exactly. He is scum.
So now, we are considering a Split/--- team.
Split/Rain
Since basically Nacho is out due to his experience and such, he would never paint a target on his back. The chance that he is scum is still there (gambits and possibly believing that his partner might win in the end is very unlikely when you can finish the game right now).
Honestly, Split/Rain is the only way to go now. The way split acts now and how his vote depends on who me and rain vote is already considered buddying. Rain is either his scum partner or a misguided townie, which I highly doubt. The fact that the Split/Ellyssa and Split/Rain teams exists is for sure, and since Split is in both of the teams at once, he is the safest bet we have to lynch scum.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by Stels »

For now, I need to hear from Nacho and see what he thinks.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (isolation #41) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:29 pm

Post by Stels »

@Splitfarvle: the thing is, you couldn't. You have nothing on me. The only reason I was put to L-1 was because of T-Bone and his OMGUS. Rain had a weak-ass case and Quaroath had a grudge against me, that's about it. As you stated previously, you wanted me alive. I was viewed as being against Nacho who I doubted strongly yet most people considered him town, which sufficed perfectly for you, you 'prove' to the rest that I am town as well as revealing yourself to be town and some other person (oh wait, scumbuddy) and you just wait for any lynch to happen. Since I know I am town, you can't possibly get a wrong result on me being scum and you can't claim that you suddenly had a scum result on someone, which immediately ruins the game for you on a lot of levels.
Honestly, I would consider Ellyssa/Nacho scumteam, but I know that Nacho at least isn't stupid enough to set a trap onto himself.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Post by Stels »

Rain, that's exactly the point. You're not voting him because he's your partner/wants you to hear those words.
Rain wrote:Try as I might, I have no idea what Stels is referring to about Nacho setting a trap for himself.
That's the point. HE'S NOT SETTING UP A TRAP FOR HIMSELF. HE'S NOT THAT MUCH OF AN IDIOT TO LET THIS SHIT HAPPEN. Hence why I think Splitfarvle is definitely scum.

@Splitfarvle: I'm not unlynchable. What got you that idea? D2, I didn't get close. What Ellyssa was threatening to do didn't happen and she just pretty much wanted to end the day. Now that I think about it, Splitfarvle/Ellyssa team seems more possible now because of that fact. Yet you're still one of the people whose name I keep repeating.
Oh, but we're now also considering the possibility that Ellyssa is even more possible scum too, thanks for bringing this up Splitfarvle. You didn't have to avoid a lynch on me, you could have chosen anyone else, you just happened to pick me. The basic setup allows you to pick cop without much problems.

@Rain: assuming you really are town, this makes splitfarvle's/scum-partners plan even more devious. In that he knows that you are town, by calling you town, you know for sure that he 'investigated you' causing you to exclude him from your scum/suspects list.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #43) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Stels »

@Rain: I advise that you unvote for now, seriously.
@Everyone: we are waiting for Nachomamma8.
@Splitfarvle: You can go ahead and build your case, but I won't tolerate any votes for now.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #44) » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Post by Stels »

EBWOP: the "But I won't tolerate any votes for now." Is directed towards everyone, including myself.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:58 am

Post by Stels »

@Rain: If you think it's clear that Split/Ellyssa are scum, then I assume you will vote splitfarvle the next day? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me. The only reason there wasn't a quickhammer is because no one voted for Ellyssa, assuming that you are actually town. Hence the Rain/Split scumteam. They are missing either my vote or Nacho's vote. That's all that's stopping them.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:27 am

Post by Stels »

@Rain: explain to me how Split comes out the winner.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #47) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Stels »

Shall we wait for Split to get back? for courtesy?
@Nacho: Are you sure those last 2 quotes in your post are from split? You did say scumbuddy, but then use split's name... >_>
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #48) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:51 am

Post by Stels »

@Mod: mass-prod please; reason = deciding vote.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (isolation #49) » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Stels »

Ok, screw this, what will be will be:
I'm sorry if this is a mislynch, but due to all the reasoning and logical thoughts and setup and vote analysis and everything in the world, everything points me to him being Obvious scum. Everything. I can point it out at the end of the game or the next day. Or even now, but for now:
VOTE: Splitfarvle
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:15 am

Post by Stels »

@Everyone Town: I apologize, but really, everything pointed to me voting splitfarvle.
Splitfarvle lacked a vote from the start, he showed his scum suspects clearly, knew who the town people were. The fact that Rain voted already, one of the two people who he KNOWS was town, he didn't even consider voting for the sole purpose of convincing me and appearing righteous. This struck me as weird, why would someone who was confident of his role and alignment as well as knowing 100% who each one was be afraid to vote someone who already has a vote on them as well as being a 100% scum which you knew of.
Alduskkel wrote:1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Cop, 1 Doctor, 5 Vanilla Townies
1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon, 7 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Cop, 6 Vanilla Townies
2 Mafia Goons, 1 Doctor, 6 Vanilla Townies
I assumed that if you claimed cop as scum, you were relying on either setup # 2. Setup #1 is impossible, #3 would have also been impossible if you were actually scum which I considered you were and #4 impossible. That left #2 where you could safely claim cop as scum and hope to trick the crap out of us (at least me).
Knowing how Nachomamma8 plays? I thought that if he was scum, he wouldn't put himself at a disadvantage where they know that there is a PR if there was one without implicating himself, therefore I assumed he was town (Rain, this is what I meant about the trap crap WHICH YOU NEVER UNDERSTOOD).
Honestly, the actual probable people I considered scum were Splitfarvle, Rain and Ellyssa. Lynching Splitfarvle, which appeared in the uber-majority of my scum-team lists, he was a sure-fire target for me as well as voting behavior and all that crap put together to back it up.
I see I made a mistake and I apologize to the rest of the 6 of you for ruining our chance for victory. Can't win the all >_>
Good game everyone.

@Nachomamma8: I hate you, gut was right on you, but then I bring a piece of meta and convince myself you're town. Next time I see you, I will not hesitate to lynch you or NK you like "We" did in 1052.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #51) » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:24 am

Post by Stels »

@Rain: forgot to add, but you could have made your point a bit clearer about Ellyssa flailing, because I didn't see that happening in D3. You just sat there doing nothing...

Yay, now I can play as an IC!
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #52) » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:58 am

Post by Stels »

I hate you, but please go on.
Stels
Stels
he/him
Goon
Stels
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #53) » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:18 pm

Post by Stels »

@Nacho: I did have you pegged as scum, yet I had no case on you, so it was either Ellyssa who I begun to doubt or Split who was weird. It's true that no one was on your wagon, therefore I tried to avoid voting you before I made a case on you D4...
Well, there's always next time.
Hope to see you in one of my future games again <3

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”