Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2692 (isolation #400) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

Guys I wrote I actually wrote the 'p' in popsofctown at the top of my math quiz today before erasing it and writing my name.

Maybe I should replace out.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2718 (isolation #401) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
LynchMePls wrote:Also, I think DGB is the only proper lynch at this point. The fewer kills in this game state the better, and there is the incredibly likely chance that she is SK anyways.
Aw man, no, I want to bust my scum-killing record! I want that "best replacement" scummy award under my name!!! It's sooo obv that my wincon is with the town, the data is all there. It's also a matter of scumhunter pride to prefer the NK to the lynch.

I didn't mind all the SK speculation yesterday, I let it run amock... as YOU should know LMP, I had reasons to be
eager to draw the NK
. I didn't mind if the scum went all "
ZOMG DGB is SK!!! We gotta kill her before she exterminates us
!"

But in any event, if we mine the data correctly, we should eliminate the confirmed townies, and round up the couple of scum. We lynch one; if we don't hit scum or win straight away, I purge the other. EVEN IF I were to shoot a townie instead... and I was a SK... we still have enough players to lynch me tomorrow, which you won't anyway because the game will be won. If I were SK... it would be completely impossible for me to win this game. You gotta believe me, I'm not a SK. I see your points, as my role is an outlier, but I'm not.

I'm reminded of Geezer Mafia where I was a BP/vig. I could pick one or the other. When I saw this role, my thought was: "
I can never, ever, ever claim this actual role. The stench of SK is overwhelming.
" It didn't dawn on me that way in this game, because the role is pretty complicated, as is the formatting, and I suck with rules, but when I saw that my role was unique, I realized it was not realistically "claimable."

But all you have to do to convince yourselves is look at my actions. I've done nothing but bulldoze the town and remove abilities that would help them. Except for the Nero Cain purge, I have not taken a single action that was to the detriment of the town. And you guys KNOW I'm Eruci.

And I'm still trying; because I'm town. An SK would have lost right now, and given up.

Like the Daevori have been doing :wink:
DGB has been claiming scum this entire thread.
Aw man, no,
I want to bust my scum-killing record
! I want that "best replacement" scummy award under my name!!! It's sooo obv that my wincon is with the town, the data is all there.
It's also a matter of scumhunter pride to prefer the NK to the lynch
This is about the ninetieth time that DGB has essentially argued, "My behavior is scummy because I'm only halfway playing to my town wincon!" I mean, she's attributing her survivor-style behavior to "pride". I think DGB is more practical than that, and even if I didn't, once her argument becomes that everything she does ok because she's not rationally playing to her wincon, her play is just as likely to be an SK playing to outside goals, a traitor playing to outside goals, a survivor playing to outside goals, whatever.
What's also scummy here is that DGB is claiming to expect a scummy. For.. what? Replacing in, making ONE shot that took any acumen at all, then missing, then purging q21 like any other townie in this game would have known to do. She hasn't scumhunted at all. Where's the scummy coming from? I'm thinking it's coming from whatever third party wincon she has, and she hasn't been paying enough attention to realize how lackluster townDGB's play is, so she's having fun with the double entendres anyway.
I didn't mind all the SK speculation yesterday, I let it run amock... as YOU should know LMP, I had reasons to be
eager to draw the NK
. I didn't mind if the scum went all "
ZOMG DGB is SK!!! We gotta kill her before she exterminates us
!"
This makes zero sense. The only thing scarier than a nightkilling power role with one vote is a nightkilling power role with a vote and several allied votes. If you wanted to draw fire, why would you let us think you're an SK rather than a vig, which would draw the crosshairs even closer to you? Did you even think this out? You never have a story with any coherence, and everyone lets you get by with it.
We lynch one; if we don't hit scum or win straight away, I purge the other.
Apparently hitting scum and winning are mutually exclusive behaviors for DGB's slot.
If I were SK... it would be completely impossible for me to win this game. You gotta believe me, I'm not a SK. I see your points, as my role is an outlier, but I'm not.
Oh this I can buy. I don't know what your wincon is, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to survive to the end of the game, alone at least, to achieve it. With each passing day, you get more and more energetic as we come close to whatever it is.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2723 (isolation #402) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:27 pm

Post by popsofctown »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
UPDATED SCUMPUTER

Helghast wagon:

RC, pops, Saint, LMP >>> one scum, 33 points each
SCUM found, scum was RC

players that might be distancing:

EtherealCookie & IAI,
TMH

TMH
wagon:

RC, IAI >>> very high likelihood that one of these is scum,
if not both
. 50 points each. >>> ONE SCUM FOUND - RC.

Pwerrox wagon:

q21, NeroCain,
quadz
, pops,
TMH
diddin
, Saint, Bunny, WrathChild >>> 1scums here. 15 points each now as the list has narrowed.

RC & StrangerCoug

NeroCain & CKD

DarlaBE wagon:

LMP, implosion, pops, StrangerCoug, q21 >>> 1 scum at least, 20 points.

WrathChild wagon:

nhammen, Nero Cain, LMP,
diddin
TMH
>>> 1 scums, 33 points each as list has narrowed.

LMP & pops
RC & implosion

IAI & Bunny

quadz08 wagon, 1 scumz, 15 points each:

q21
Nero Cain
popsofctown
themanhimself

Saint
Bunnylover
WrathChild

=============
Nero Cain 15 + 33 + 15 = 63
q21 15 + 20 + 15 = 50
LMP 20 + 33 = 53
pops 15 + 20 + 15 = 50
nhammen 33
Saint 15 + 15 = 30
Bunny 15 + 15 = 30
WC 15 + 15 = 30
StrangerCoug10 (RC distancing bonus) + 20 = 30
implosion 10 (RC distancing bonus) + 20 = 30

===============
The above is if TMH flips scum, and in case I get NK'd.
Scuse me but hardly anyone voted RedCoyote, I nabbed him with vote analysis very soon after I replaced.

The biggest wagons that RedCoyote and Q21 ever got is
ONE VOTE

And you're criticizing my predecessor, but he did purge chkflip, which was an obv vig target.

I can't understand why you're not seeing that I'm town.
Everyone's votes have been stuck on a monorail, that's why q21 didn't get many votes. Day 2 was the last day players were free to vote someone on the basis of conventional scumhunting, day 3 and day 4 were both based on power role behavior, which trumps it. And q21 did a much better job of playing scum in the former part of the game. But either way you're not the one who selected q21 to die, IAI was when he passed q21 the treestump (or whoever passed him the treestump, if I've misremembered that line.)

RC you can have.

Yes, your predecessor did a very very good job of trying to kill all the members of the opposing scumteam. What he didn't do a good job of was conforming to the voting mechanics you imagined later.

If you're really developing different gameplay strategies to try to earn a scummy, you're either missing the point of the scummies, or they are an inane institution I misunderstand and wouldn't care for if I did.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2725 (isolation #403) » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Actually it's the opposite, even in The World According to DGB
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2739 (isolation #404) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

It is actually there. Without specifics, of course.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (isolation #405) » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Have you done anything besides vote analysis this game? Besides push a case on me that's been proven false.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2748 (isolation #406) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:13 am

Post by popsofctown »

I didn't have the hibernate N4, who did?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2752 (isolation #407) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

tbqh trying to tie DGB's noose has consumed all my energy.

let's see...

I don't see any fundamental mistakes with the plan, really..

Roleblocker is powerful enough that it needs to be in town hands. It can kill a hibernating conftown, that's no good.

Ability cop seems weak enough that we might want to put that ability among the nonconfirmed townies though. It does have some use, but it doesn't detect scum that don't send in the kill and there is probably some way or other to fudge away a result that implies guilt. (or at the very least, create a my-word-against-yours in lylo). Plus picking some abilities to be in uncomfirmed town hands keeps those abilities safe from nks, and scum can't use ability cop against us.

Void collector, since it's mandatory and doesn't contain the treestump or anything equally bad, should be in unconfirmed hands too. By Coug's description it sounded llike void collector can't give teammates void abilities. The rest of the abilities should go to conf town.

I don't think tracks and roleblocks should be discussed in advance. Too much useful scum info. Just use them in a smart way, and expect to be held accountable for how you used it. ("I forgot he was conftown" will be treated the way ckd was treated).

So I think void collector and ability cop should be passed to some unconfirmed that creates a new connection, and the others should be passed to conftown. Then all the power roles should be used with independent wisdom.

Since DGB has some sort of relationship with the treestump, I think IAI's concern that a lynch on her could fail might be valid. It could perhaps be toggled off and on, or perhaps she can cycle it to herself from the shelf at daykill speed (but then be forced to pass it, one would hope). If a lynch on DGB fails, she should roleblocked, but not ability copped, tracked, or passed anything.

nhammen are you on board with DGB lynch?

About the hibernate ability, what was the benefit of it being claimed today under certain circumstances? I'm a bit confused on that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (isolation #408) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

aw, there goes the hibernate ability. It seems like a nice mode for the reuser though.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2754 (isolation #409) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

So hibernate is the ability you claim LMP passed to you, assuring you of his good intentions?

How, pray tell, did you know he was the origin of the ability?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2765 (isolation #410) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:40 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Oh, right, because BL is VT. Yeah that makes sense. Roleblockers who don't RB Bunnylover shall face my ire.

I don't have hibernate. Although the grizzly bears I was fighting last night in WoW did. They fall asleep right in the middle of a fight with you and it says "Hibernation!" and they start regenerating health. It's so funny. I wouldn't play that game if it didn't make me laugh from time to time, otherwise it's a dull grind.

Vi's post resonated rather strongly. DGB's alignment is such a dead horse, it's painful to beat it now. It's better for my mental health to ignore her posts and focus on strategy until we lynch her.

IAI, could you make a formal list of how players are expected to use their night actions? I want to be able to hold every player accountable for their night actions, so expected behavior needs to be very clear.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2766 (isolation #411) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by popsofctown »

As much as I agree Stranger Coug is suspicious, having a tracker with unexpected behavior is more useful than one with expected behavior. I'd rather the tracker roll a d3 or d4 and track one of the nonBunnylover confirmed towns, or possibly a 5-3-3 d11 granting Strangercoug a bonus chance of getting investigated, something along those lines.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2768 (isolation #412) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:09 pm

Post by popsofctown »

It's hard to get along with the other players unless damage your own brain first. Actually, I planned on posting that facetiously, but it's actually been true in several cases... Yes, i meant unconfirmed.

Yeah, I know how "noh noh don't track cougar" looks if I'm not conftown, and that's actually past that threshhold where I filter myself a bit even as town, but I'm conftown so i do what I want.

I forgot Saint is confirmed. pops/implosion/IAI/Saint is the conftown list that's correct?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2769 (isolation #413) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Implosion now that we've been upgraded from neighbors to masons we need to come up with awesome stuffs to do in the QT.

Like complex pro-town gambits.

Or juicy gossips.

Or hangman.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2775 (isolation #414) » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Vote: DrippingGoofball
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2891 (isolation #415) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Two roles did not really get as much use as I would have liked. Primarily the Neighborizer. It had potential for an interesting part in this game, and it fit well with the passing mechanic."

In your defense, when q21 declined to use the neighbor thread extensively to determine my alignment when he said he was unsure of it, it contributed to my scumread on him. Scum lurking is just gonna happen.

@Strangercoug: Was "this alignment" actually a slip, or did it really refer to whatever you just mentioned in your head? Or do you not know?

The mechanic is definitely good, I think having townies try to choose a townread to pass to in addition to other factors affecting that choice is really interesting. If there's any way the confirmed townies aspect could be removed though, that'd be a good thing. It's something that replaces scumhunting rather than enhances it. Town deserved to suffer for misreading me, and deserved to have to try harder for ckdscum read.

Maybe break scum up into two groups and they don't know all their partners? Multiple scum factions is another solution I thought you might be using for a large part of the game, but I personally hate multiple scum faction games themselves, when scum have so many things to scumhunt for it's way too easy for them to behave like town.

I enjoyed this game a whole lot. It gives me a reason to play non-invited games now. The way my rep is going I'll have to crash parties to attend any soon anyhow.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2896 (isolation #416) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

Vi wrote:
popsofctown wrote:Maybe break scum up into two groups and they don't know all their partners?
How would that affect scum not being able to pass to their partners?
Sorry, didn't finish my thought. You'd remove the limitation about passing to partners for scum who wanted to cycle to teammates that they do not know for sure to be teammates.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2897 (isolation #417) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:03 am

Post by popsofctown »

Confused about what MoI?

Also I wanted to mention that for the record, I found this rule misleading: "If a person with an ability is killed at any point in the game, that ability is removed from gameplay."

I felt that seemed to contradict the existence of the re-initializer. "Dead zone" or "Recycling Bin" or anything else would have been a better name. The card I linked as a joke halfway through the game was a card WotC used to make fun of their own poor name for the removed-from-game zone that confused most new players, in 2009 they renamed that zone "exile".
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2898 (isolation #418) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:05 am

Post by popsofctown »

Clearly from the scum QT though, that didn't confuse RC one bit. After using the virus ability I was certain everyone would think that I had a infection ability.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2901 (isolation #419) » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by popsofctown »

it was just a brain fart. I self corrected in a double post iirc, ckd didn't. There's orders of magnitude of difference there.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2912 (isolation #420) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:01 pm

Post by popsofctown »

giving someone chances to trap themselves isn't the same as scumhunting. Obviously that read was wrong though.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”