Open 291 Frenenemies (+ other guy) - Game over: Wolves win!

Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:36 pm

Post by Quaroath »

/confirm
One Hamster to rule them all!
One Hamster to find them!
One Hamster to bring them all!
And in the sawdust bind them!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Post by Quaroath »

VOTE: TheBigLebowski because white russians are the devils tool!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #35 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:38 am

Post by Quaroath »

Glass wrote:
aaah400 wrote:
Glass wrote:VOTE: ahhh for being in 1000 games.
vote glass
yes although im in a few games but not 1000 at the same time, or ill die :/ and im in neither of your games :/
Yes you are, you are in this game
Liar, Lynch him! ;-)
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Krazy wrote:CAN'T STOP THE TRAIN

CHOO CHOO
Krazy is kooky crazy, but Crazy is just crazy insane.

Come on ride the train, it's a choo choo train!
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:50 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Glass wrote:
quaroath wrote: Come on ride the train, it's a choo choo train!That is an odd thing to say considering that you are not on the crazy wagon yourself.
Odd thing to say considering that you are not voting krazy yourself.

The choo choo bit made me think of Quad City DJ's "C'mon ride the train". Mostly where that came from. I find it amusing and confusing to have a crazy and a krazy.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Krazy wrote:Not getting that much out of this RVS so far, so let's do some RQS.

-How screwed is the town?
Three full turns, but not fully yet!
Krazy wrote: -Which are cooler, werewolves or mafia?
Werewolves, cause you know.. wolves!
Krazy wrote: -How lurkerish are YOU?
I heavily dislike lurking (by myself) the only reason I hit inactive stages is my job starts sucking up massive amounts of time at unpredictable intervals. Even then I do what I can to post, just isn't' as often. I run a Papa John's, so.. it can be fun working 6 14 hours days a week, and it's happened a few times.
Krazy wrote: -Rate the following on a scale of Very Scummy to very Noobish to Totally Pro:
-Asking questions about role mechanics (Is this always role fishing?) Overall, I tend to think it's role fishing and am not a fan. Really depend on the roles in the game and how they interact. (If a hider hides with a PGO who is roleblocked, does the hider die kinda thing.)
-Talking about No Lynch Doesn't bother me unless someone is pushing it. neutral
-Talking about theory in the first few pages - Doesn't bug me.
Krazy wrote: And the most important question:
-Why haven't you voted Crazy yet?
Cause white russians are the devils tool. I already said that.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #6) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Crazy wrote:I'm gone for over 24 hours and there are only 5 posts?

Krazy, your last post sucks. Explain yourself, please. Just because you openly admit that you're a hypocrite doesn't make it any better.

I don't agree with the wizrak wagon, but at least park is doing SOMETHING, which is more than most people have done.

Unvote: chkflip
but still IGMEOY
Vote: Quaroath

There was no excuse for him just posting his RQS answers and nothing else, despite there being plenty of stuff on Page 3 to comment on. And the fact that it's been almost 48 hours since then and he still didn't follow up on anything doesn't help his case.

Yes, there are other lurkers, but my focus in on Quaroath right now.
Fine by me.

I run a Papa John's, I work 16 hour days friday and saturday. Getting your undies in a twist because I don't post on the two busiest days of the week isn't really going to upset me, when it's your personal "i asked you a question 40 hours ago and you haven't answered me yet" reasoning.

That said... get used to me not posting on Friday or Saturday. If I do they won’t be very in depth. (this one is the exception not the rule)

Anyways to anwer your original question about if anything of note had happened.
chkflip wrote:As opposed to what, exactly? Black Russians?

VOTE: TheBigLebowski

Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon
or
the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.

Jerbs' OMGUS through an RVS filter is something to note, though.
Interesting that he had to bring up something that would have had zero mention otherwise. I think saying that it’s dismissible is just wrong, in theory it could be early scum distancing (or an attempt at giving that perception to other players). Nothing is dismissible when playing mafia. Nothing! Could be taking as town or scum tone.
Crazy wrote:
chkflip wrote:Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon or the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.
Saying something's dismissable doesn't do anything except kill a possible discussion point. Why'd you feel the need to point that out?
Protown post. Pretty much the same thoughts I had.
chkflip wrote:
Crazy wrote:
chkflip wrote:Now, which comment is more odd - Quaroath's choo-choo comment without him actually being on the wagon or the fact that Glass felt it necessary to point out the obvious? Neither. They're both dismissable.
Saying something's dismissable doesn't do anything except kill a possible discussion point. Why'd you feel the need to point that out?
It could only kill the discussion if everyone has the same opinion I do... which I highly doubt. I felt the need to point it out because, to me, at that current moment, it's not worth much; NOW, however, it strikes me that Quar still felt the need to elaborate.
This though is just ridiculous. You pointed out the glass/me interaction and that it might be off, (thereby implying a question), so I answered it (the implied question). Answering questions is scummy. Gotcha.
Crazy wrote:
chkflip wrote:
Crazy wrote:How is saying that something is "dismissible" supposed to start discussion?

"OMG everyone look at what that guy did!! Now let's dismiss it!"
The same way it already has.
:roll:

Unvote
Vote: chkflip
Ha. This little interchange is both amusing and noteworthy. You two are starting out of the gate pretty strong after each other. That's definately worth noting.
TheBigLebowski wrote:I thought that the conversation was over.
SRSLY??? You have nothing to say about it? ZOMG.

You have to come away with some reason to the chkflp/crazy unrest. What is it? Conversations being over doesn’t mean you didn’t read them (one hopes)

Anyways… Wizrak is being a little whacky with the voting. Is notable, and hard to understand, but in time that should play out and self explain.

At the end, I think I'll
unvote: vote: chkflp
for getting his knickers in a knot and portraying me answering two peoples implied questions and saying that its odd that I did so.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Glass wrote: Worst misrep I have seen in a while, although it is possible you just misread what chk said.
How? I know exactly what chk said, i have to believe you misread what I said to say I was misrepresenting the Ouroboros of logic that made chk think it was interesting that I elaborated.

Please tell me how I misreped there.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:26 am

Post by Quaroath »

Glass wrote: wagoning = good for town
Albeit the way that wizrak is wagoning without any reasoning is counter-productive. I thought that this is what wizrak thought, but since his unvote for no apparent reason came up I am quite suspicious.
line 1 Wagoning is pro town
line 2 That wagon is anti town (which is how i interpret counter productive)

Good insight there (tongue in cheek) At this point wizrak has asked to be replaced, (yay) and I'm not quite ready to run the replacement to the gallows. I'm not saying we should ignroe wizraks actions but I'm going to give the replacement a couple days to try to not be so terribad. Wizraks voting pattern is horrible in the light of no reasoning behind them. It's definately suspicious but I think far to many people are jumping on this train way to fast. Some players just play... bad. This feels overly opportunistic.

Glass wrote:lol wall void of content = worthy of unvote? Noted.
Can you tell me anything you learned from Quaroath's post besides:
-he is busy on friday-saturday
-he agrees with crazy on essentially everything
quaroath wrote:Answering questions is scummy. Gotcha.
I want to address this portion of your post directly maybe it'll help with explaining why I feel I didn't misrepresent chkflp.

The post wasn't empty of content, it was a direct answer to a question posed to me. The person that asked the question was satisfied with it. I'm pretty sure void of content =/= satisfactory answer.

Next: I said this in response to this:
Quaroath wrote:
chkflip wrote:
Crazy wrote:
It could only kill the discussion if everyone has the same opinion I do... which I highly doubt. I felt the need to point it out because, to me, at that current moment, it's not worth much; NOW, however, it strikes me that Quar still felt the need to elaborate.
This though is just ridiculous. You pointed out the glass/me interaction and that it might be off, (thereby implying a question), so I answered it (the implied question). Answering questions is scummy. Gotcha.
The only part you pull from that quote is “Answering questions is scummy, gotcha” Way to strip away the context of the quote.

Followed by this:
Glass wrote:
Quaroath wrote: At the end, I think I'll unvote: vote: chkflp for getting his knickers in a knot and portraying me answering two peoples implied questions and saying that its odd that I did so.
He said no such thing. He said:
chk wrote:I felt the need to point it out because, to me, at that current moment, it's not worth much; NOW, however, it strikes me that Quar still felt the need to elaborate.
Worst misrep I have seen in a while, although it is possible you just misread what chk said.
The fact that he thought out loud saying “it strikes me that quaroath had to elaborate” is like waving a flag saying “hey look, this might be scummy, but I’m not going to say it because I don’t want to take a stance.” I don’t feel that I misrepresented what he did at all. It wasn’t striking before I answered the question, but it was afterwards? Then why ask the question in the first place?

If you still feel I misrepresented what he said, I'm willing to agree to disagree, I just don't feel that I did.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Post by Quaroath »

@Glass #115 Fair enough. I misread what you posted (Or at the least didn’t understand what you were saying, thank you for clarifying)
Also, my favorite color is Purple! For the exact shade, see Barney the Dinosaur.
While I understand that in a very technical sense, an answer can be vapid and satisfactory; in the context of a mafia game it’s not really true. I wasn’t asked my favorite color; I was asked what I found notable about the game to that point… so I posted what I found notable. Rhetorical or not, it got me to read through the game and get involved with it… so, I guess it accomplished what Crazy wanted it to.

I also disagree with your stance on quoting (which if it isn’t already, will be obvious the longer the game goes on). I hate to have to go dig up posts to see what the context of a quote was. Because of this, it irritates me when others quote me out of context. I understand what you are saying; I just disagree with the methodology of forcing others to go digging around in posts.

@Krazy on 116 and 117: Plz don’t poke me, I bruise easy, and I’m ticklish. Nasty combo that. ;-).
And I can’t help but agree on the lack of activity (pot lurkers, meet kettle (me)). I want the game to pick up so it doesn’t feel like 3-4 people playing a 13 player game. Not sure about the thin skinned argument between crazy and krazy (god help me late game keeping that straight). I don’t find either side particularly scummy atm.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Post by Quaroath »

Glass wrote: Number 2 seems the most likely to me considering his postings about lynching-all-lurkers, is it poor play? Yes, but poor play does not equate to scummy play. I honestly do not see how krazy was trying to push a lynch by saying wizrak was thin-skinned, he was not marketing that to anyone, just saying that it makes him feel better.

My thoughts on post 140 are that while it isn't particularly a town fuzzy post, it's not as scummy as it has been made out to be. (by Crazy) I think pushing a quick lynch on wizrak would be A.) Impossible at that stage of the game, and B.) a big f'ing target on Krazy's back if it goes past the starting block. I have a hard time accepting it's scummy because its so ... poor of a play for scum. And yes, I know how dumb that sounds. It's a gut feeling, I can't back it up with logic.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #11) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:09 pm

Post by Quaroath »

chkflip wrote:
Quaroath
: I didn't say answering questions is scummy. I'm also not trying to take the non-stance on a situation that doesn't even exist. I'll go ahead and reiterate. It's expected to have questions answered because it's just rude not to answer them. It's not that you answered, it was how meaningless your original statement was. It made you think of a song; that's awesome, lots of things make me think of songs, too, but I don't often think to mention that in the duration of a mafia game. That's what I found to be a little interesting. Not particularly scummy, but definitely reassures me that you're a bit defensive by the way you've reacted.
Dude, walking into the Walk-in fridge at my restaurant makes me start singing “Ice Ice Baby" acapella. What can I say it's a rare talent. I love music, and almost anything that touches on a random song gets the song running through my head word for word. It's actually really frustrating (It's actually crippling in school/etc..

Also, does it reassure you I’m town or scum, I can read that either way and I’d like to know.

Thanks for the explanation, I’m comfortable with an
unvote

I want to hear from all the replacements on their perspective. Hopefully replacing 4 lurkers will help make the game more interesting. I’d ask all the replacements to find specific people they want to ask questions about specific issues to help further discussion, rather than posting just cases, or recaps of conversations.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:19 pm

Post by Quaroath »

catching up, will post either tomorrow morning or tonight. been hella busy.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Post by Quaroath »

LlamaFluff wrote:Part of me wants to be all *blam* and hammer because I never get the chance to do something like this, but I want to read more before I do something like that, since Krazy goes in and out of looking like a good lynch.

Quote for truth.

My problem with Krazy at this point is he's leaning heavily on he "I'm joking around guys" play, and is attempting to deflect attacks more than attempting to nullify them (in my eyes).

@Krazy Your last post directed at crazy and chk was entirely designed to insinuate and develop fear. I don't really get that from a town player. So what about how they will look tomorrow, no matter your flip (assuming you are the lynch) is just riddled with, "Just you wait you'll get yours" feelings. This doesn't make me comfy with you being town. How exactly does how they look tomorrow affect the mortal danger you are in currently? Not sure it really does beyond making you seem flailtastic.

@DRK I'm sorry that I enjoy taking about some aspects of the game. I was recently in a massive argument with a brand new player for 5 pages about no lynch being bad in a newbie game for d1. That burned me on that, and theory questions don't really belong in a game, it belongs outside of it. I will fully admit I find how roles interact very interesting (I enjoy balance discussions) Sorry if that seemed fake to you? Whats with the "I didn't expect to see anything in this, but i looked anyways and lookie here" vibe of that post. I don't particularly mind.. but eesh. :)
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:44 pm

Post by Quaroath »

DeathRowKitty wrote:
Quaroath wrote:Whats with the "I didn't expect to see anything in this, but i looked anyways and lookie here" vibe of that post.
It was the way I was writing that post. Think about question, write my thoughts, check answers. I originally decided not to check answers at all on that one, then looked at the next (last) question, realized this one seemed more exciting, and decided to look.

Scum tend to find it much easier to talk about theory than to talk about the game itself because there's nothing to fake and they can be completely open about it, which is exactly what I took out of your post.

As for your meta, if the game you're referring to isn't ongoing, can I have a link to it?
It's ongoing. You could find it if you look. All I'll say since I don't want to run afoul of rulez.

And okay, fair enough on the wording of your post.
Quaroath
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Quaroath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Quaroath »