Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:45 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

evilpacman18 wrote:
ConfidAnon wrote:
Vote: evilpacman18

He's clearly evil. It's in his name.
Oh man. I've never heard that one before.
Clear inconsistency. My joke was in no way original - you are bound to have heard it before. In fact, I could probably find a few games where you have heard that before. Lynch all Liars, anyone? ;)

-------------------------

I'm not really liking Pine's Post 42. I agree with what Friend posted a little later - he's trying too hard. His treatment of GreyIce's No Lynch vote bothers me - its almost as if he saw the No Lynch vote and felt compelled to comment on it, even though the post clearly showed no intention of pushing a No Lynch. Pine mentions this in his post, but also uses it as a launching pad into a mini lecture on why No Lynch is bad.

That combined with the bottom section of the post (if I haven't said anything about you you haven't done enough, etc.) smells of what I like to call the Rallying Cry tell. I'm sure some other scummer has come up with a better name for it, but I'm too tired to hunt that name down. Basically, it is when a player says various things which sound protown, but aren't really, and are just obvious statements used to fluff up posts. Examples: "No Lynch is bad! Everyone get posting, we can't win this if you don't communicate! (and the biggest one, where I got the name for it,) It's ok! That was just one mislynch! Today let us really think things through and we'll be sure to have better luck!"

Pine seems to have an unhealthy amount of this type of posting so early in the game, that it's worrisome. I'm not sure, however, if this is just an unusual playstyle appearing scummy, or if it means he's scum actually employing the tactic. For now, I believe it's the former, but I'm keeping an eye on him (and, alas, reading the walls :() to check for that. Pine, two additional things: Trim down the walls. We also understand that you are somewhat experienced, just on a different site. You've referenced that frequently, we understood it the first time. Focus less on that and more on this indiviudal game.
TwoHeadedBoy wrote:Oh hey, the game started.
Vote: Pine

His rambling is giving me scummy vibes.

Grey voting NL is a nulltell, btw.

~Pie
Not liking how "skimmy" this post reads. Feels like you just skimmed the thread, picked out a couple of notable things and commented on them in an effort to post without really posting. Your vote riding a common wave of thought throughout the game doesn't look great either.

Unvote, Vote: TwoHeadedBoy

Preview Edit - Never mind, you're putting in more effort than your first post led me to believe.

Unvote, Vote: AGar

Usually by this point in the game, you have a seventeen point case as to why I am scum and you're pushing for my lynch like I was Michael Vick at a PETA convention. Your lack of presence in the thread is out-of-character for you.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Whoa. Five new pages. Fun . . .

Friend, 87 wrote:ConfidAnon's vote for AGar after this game has only been going on for about a day is troubling to me, especially after the tossed-away THB vote.
Oops. You're right - I wasn't even thinking about actual time, just the length of the thread. Multiple pages certainly feels much more like multiple days than one day (I mainly play minis).
Pine, 91 wrote:@ConfidAnon: The intent behind my "wall post" was to address and analyze as much as I could at that point. This has served me very well in the past, even in live games, where I have been known to sit silent for half the discussion time and then conduct a point-by-point dissection of what's been said. It is clear to me that this adaptation of live strategy is not being received well in this crowd, and I'm now scrambling to adjust to water that is suddenly over my head.
I have nothing against analysis. It's more an issue of conciseness.
C-Worl, 105 wrote:@Calcifer If you're not going to explain your list then I will.

As scum you're posting a fake list. The list of town includes your scum buddies and a list of random players. It's designed for the town players to see that you think they're town and so they won't question you or the other players on that list. Your list of scum likely includes one real scum so that if you get lynched he'll be safe or if he gets lynched you'll be safe. Therefore I feel inclined to:

Vote: Calcifer
Bad logic. You aren't basing this off of evidence pointing towards Calcifer being scum - rather, your forcing the evidence into a frame of Calcifer as scum. However, I don't see anything scummy about this post - I smell genuine effort.

GreyICE's Post 152 is goodposting.

It bothers me how AGar voted for Pine, mentioned that I would be a good wagon, and then after a wagon on me gained some momentum, joined it. But this is early in the game, and wagons spur discussion. My lapse of judgment also makes a good starting point. But still,
FoS: AGar
for that small bit of testing the waters.

Wraith's Post 161 is not good. I don't like how he only has one line of actual commenting on the game, and tries to once again beat a dead fluff horse.

Jerbs's Post 189 - I don't understand the reasoning behind the color coding in the quote.
Friend, 211 wrote:Silverbullet, you really need more on you? You've done nothing this game. AT ALL.

Wagon on silverbullet. Now people.
ConfidAnon agrees. Except for the call to bandwagon - I think a Wraith wagon is better at this point.
Unvote, Vote: Wraith
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:02 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

C-Worl wrote:Just because you called me town in your latest list won't stop me from thinking you're scummy. You say I'm scum with no proof, then you say I'm town with still no proof. At this point all I can really tell is that you're basically switching you "reads" in order to derail any and all wagons. I'm highly sure that if Friend did get closed to being lynched you would suddenly come on and proclaim his innocence from the rooftops.
The way that first sentence reads, it seems like you're making this post with the sole intention of earning town points. A mi no me gusta.

Calcifer,
you need to at least give a brief summary of why you put people where you did on the list. At this point, you're just bullying the town into following it, which is not protown play at all. The thing is, I'm not sure if this is actually scummy. The reasoning would clarify that a great deal (and, while I have a guess as to what you're getting at, I don't want to make hasty conclusions).
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:28 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

If going to bed is a scumtell, then I'm pretty sure saying you're going off to Spring Break means SK. ;)

Friend wrote:So guys, which is better - trying to defend myself and getting shot down mercilessly by the asshole-ish nature of Calcifer, or simply doing nothing and letting myself get lynched anyways? Either way I feel like my lynching is gonna be a hell of an "I-told-you-so" moment for town and might sway this game. I'm totally fine with getting lynched.
Bad posting. But sounds just as likely to come from frustrated Town as it does frustrated Mafia.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (isolation #5) » Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:49 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Parama wrote:
unvote, vote: ConfidAnon and all he stands for
I hearby stand for kittens, sex, and Chuck Norris.

Do you really want to lynch those three things?
Wraith wrote:Sudden Parama votes have no merit.

Game is stagnating, I'm stagnating. At this point I'm swayed enough to get on the Friend wagon. Vote: Friend
The game is stagnating, you claim, but you have done nothing to alleviate that problem. Someone with a relatively low content level calling the game slow is terrible. Trying to appear more active than you are? Do you have any other thoughts besides this?

What's the Diddin case? There's a sudden wash of Diddin suspicion, and I'm not quite sure why.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:53 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

I'm skeptical of the Friend wagon. His frustration, as Diddin mentioned before me, feels Town.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:00 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Oh cool, new day.

I'll try to be back with a catch-up post later tonight. I've had a lot of real life stress from school and family, so I haven't been able to give this game as much time as I'd like because it moves so quickly.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:03 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I lied. Reread post tomorrow.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:48 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Vote: Jerbs

Very minimal content - Only ever talks about Pine. Even unvotes Pine in the post immediately following his most substantial one - which was a case saying Pine was scum. Also, it seems the only player he's ever even spoken of was Pine. He backs off of Pine only because Calcifer says Pine is Town, and then when Day 2 comes just votes Pine again. The inconsistency and the very small activity combine to from a scum read.

Also, about Pine - a lot of what's come from him sounds more like a new player not meshing with the site more so than scumminess. Though C-Worl's point about his inconsistent scum list holds merit, its not enough to where he should be anywhere close to being lynched right now.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:59 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

C-Worl wrote:@Pine, That wall was a humorous read.

@Everyone, why exactly is Jerbs scum again?

@Calcifer, (mainly Mastin) I honestly don't care about your Pine read. I just want to know why you suddenly had a huge switch of "reads" during the middle of Day 1.

@Pine, Also, if I were scum I would have jumped on your wagon the second I got on. I legitimately don't think you're scum. Although, Calcifer's defense of you makes my "Calcifer is scum" theory more plausible.
The bolded is bad. I literally outlined a case two posts above this post. Not paying attention?
Wraith wrote:Seriously, you guys are convinced Pine is town? Gimme a break.
Why isn't he town? I want Wraith specifically to answer this one.
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #943 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:58 am

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wraith wrote:Pine is being framed. I drop my suspicions against him.

Vote: Calcifer
Not following this. Of all the people to vote, you pick his biggest defender? Considering you believe he was framed, that doesn't make much sense.
Hiraki wrote:How did Jerbs flip VT? Was that mistake on the mod's part? Le soupir.

Give me awhile on this one. I'll have something good by tonight/tomorrow.
I don't like this post - smells of justifying the mislynch post flip, which is scummy.

Wraith's 875 isn't that great. Your discounting different possibilities - that Calcifer would softclaim a PR to give his reads more credibility and/or draw a night kill, the possibility that Pine is scum keeping Calcifer alive to save himself, the possibility that both are scum trying some gambit, or the possibility that both are town being kept alive as a huge barrel of wifom.

This makes it seem like, seeing that not as many people were intent on lynching Pine at the end of Day 2 as there were at the beginning of Day 2, you want to abandon your suspicion of him so as not to be called scummy for still pushing it.
Wraith wrote:There was absolutely nothing wrong with the Jerbs lynch. His play was crap, his claim was crap, and he didn't even bother to defend himself or scumhunt. If someone else hadn't hammered I would have.
More mislynch justification, but this is less scummy than Hiraki's as it made some sense given nhammen's prior post.
C-Worl wrote:Vote: Pine

He
s highly condescending and hypocritical. Also, so many people have claimed him to be town that I generally want to lynch him just to see how he flips.
:badposting

Out of three points, only one was a scumtell at all.
Antihero wrote:This theory is blown to bits by the simple fact that: this game was a day start.
Also this.

Vote: Wraith
ConfidAnon
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
ConfidAnon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by ConfidAnon »

Wraith wrote:I want to say Calcifer, EPM, and Romanus are all scum, but it's too unlikely that a large chunk of the scumteam would buddy each other so hard. So I've lost confidence in my Calcifer-scum read than the other two.
I think this has something to do with the fact that you got called out on it, doesn't it?

But the claim . . . I really don't see any way for that to be a scum claim.

Unvote, Vote: Empking

Evilpacman just seems apathetic - from personal experience, I know that apathy is a nulltell.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”